PDA

View Full Version : Is there MORE than One Gospel ?

dan p
Feb 22nd 2011, 01:17 AM
Hi to all , and I just had to reply to a post that I saw on this forum and there are 2 Gospels found in Gal 2:7 .

#1 , In verse 1 , Paul goes to Jerusalem , and he went up by revelation from the Lord , verse 2 ,

#2 , We see that in verse 4 , some of them tried to bring Paul , into bondage , which is the Law .

#3 , Those in Jerusalem saw that what Paul preached was to Gentiles , called the Gospel of the Un-circumcised .

#4 , The Gospe that Peter preached was called the Gospel of the Circumcision .

#5 , Then in Gal 3:8 , which is repeated first in Genesis 12:1-3 is called the Gospel unto Abram , which will be preached to the Gentiles in the Millennium .

#6 , Then in Rev 14:6 we have what is called the " the everlasting Gospel " which is preached by an angel .

And in verse 7 , it is called an Gospel of Judgment is come to those in the Great Tribulation .

And each one of these Gospels are different ,

One to Jews
One to Gentiles and anyone
One to those in the Millennium
One to those in the Great tribulation

dan p

-SEEKING-
Feb 22nd 2011, 03:45 AM
Is there MORE than One Gospel?

No .

Amos_with_goats
Feb 22nd 2011, 04:29 AM
There is one gospel.

There are many imitations.

Do not accept the imitation.

Hi to all , and I just had to reply to a post that I saw on this forum and there are 2 Gospels found in Gal 2:7 .

#1 , In verse 1 , Paul goes to Jerusalem , and he went up by revelation from the Lord , verse 2 ,

#2 , We see that in verse 4 , some of them tried to bring Paul , into bondage , which is the Law .

#3 , Those in Jerusalem saw that what Paul preached was to Gentiles , called the Gospel of the Un-circumcised .

#5 , Then in Gal 3:8 , which is repeated first in Genesis 12:1-3 is called the Gospel unto Abram , which will be preached to the Gentiles in the Millennium .

#6 , Then in Rev 14:6 we have what is called the " the everlasting Gospel " which is preached by an angel .

And in verse 7 , it is called an Gospel of Judgment is come to those in the Great Tribulation .

One to Jews

dan p

dan p
Feb 22nd 2011, 05:57 PM
Hi Amos with Goats , and give a verse that you say decribes what is the Gospel for today ?
dan p

dan p
Feb 22nd 2011, 06:00 PM
[QUOTE=-SEEKING-;2624052]No

.[/QUOTE

Hi SEEKING , and after 10,449 , you would have a better answer , sorry about that , dan p

David Taylor
Feb 22nd 2011, 06:17 PM

One to Jews

dan p

Thus one of, if not the main, primary problem with the dispensational model.

There is one gospel; for all people, the same. It doesn't differ on birthdate nor race.

All Jews and Gentiles of all times find salvation through Christ crucified for the remission of their sins. There will never be another gospel. This one was sufficient. It Is Finished!

David Taylor
Feb 22nd 2011, 06:19 PM
give a verse that you say decribes what is the Gospel for today ?

Here is a verse that describes the gospel for today.....and for all days.

Isaiah 53:5 "he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all."

"Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen. "

dan p
Feb 22nd 2011, 08:08 PM
Here is a verse that describes the gospel for today.....and for all days.

Isaiah 53:5 "he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all."
[/I

[I]"Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen. "

Hi David Taylor , and the context of Isa 53 , concerns Israel .

Why , not use Eph 2:8 ?? dan p

David Taylor
Feb 22nd 2011, 08:57 PM

No, actually, the context of Isaiah 53 concerns all human beings, and is not limited to only Israel.

That's why Philip quoted Isaiah 53 in sharing the gospel of Christ to the Gentile Ethiopian in Acts 8:32.

That's why Paul quoted Isaiah 53 in sharing the gospel of Christ to the Roman Christians in Romans 8:36.

That's why Peter quoted Isaiah 53 in sharing the gospel of Christ to all Christians in 1 Peter 2:24.

dan p
Feb 23rd 2011, 12:51 AM
No, actually, the context of Isaiah 53 concerns all human beings, and is not limited to only Israel.

That's why Philip quoted Isaiah 53 in sharing the gospel of Christ to the Gentile Ethiopian in Acts 8:32.

That's why Paul quoted Isaiah 53 in sharing the gospel of Christ to the Roman Christians in Romans 8:36.

That's why Peter quoted Isaiah 53 in sharing the gospel of Christ to all Christians in 1 Peter 2:24.

Hi David Taylor , and please notice that the Ethiopian , was water Baptized !!!

That conflicts with Eph 4:5 where the Context is , no WATER ,

When Noah was told to build and ARK , the context is for Noah to do the building .

When Moses parted the Red sea , the CONTEXT is for the Israelites to cross and not Gentiles and when the EYGPTIANS Gentiles tried to cross , they drowned , not us .

And the List goes on , and Isa 53 , the CONTEXT is all Jewish , dan p

Butch5
Feb 23rd 2011, 02:03 AM
[QUOTE=-SEEKING-;2624052]No

.[/QUOTE

Hi SEEKING , and after 10,449 , you would have a better answer , sorry about that , dan p

We've already been down this road Dan. There is one Gospel, as Paul says,

Ephesians 3:1-6 ( KJV )
For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles,
If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:
How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,
Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)
Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;
That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

Notice Paul says "Apostles" plural, what mystery has been revealed to God's holy Apostles?
That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

They preached the same gospel.

David Taylor
Feb 23rd 2011, 12:57 PM
H
Isa 53 , the CONTEXT is all Jewish , dan p

Silly. You probably see John 3:16 only for the Jews and not Gentiles too.

Whoever taught you this racist, multi-gospel view, has deceived you greatly bro, and causing you to attempt to mislead others. Abandon it, and embrace the one true gospel message for all humankind, that Jesus, Paul, and all the apostles and prophets taught.

Firstfruits
Feb 23rd 2011, 01:16 PM

Why , not use Eph 2:8 ?? dan p

Would you agree that the following applies to both Jew and Gentiles, and how is it that we are saved?

Acts 15:11 But we believe that through the grace of the LORD Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.

Firstfruits

notuptome
Feb 23rd 2011, 01:42 PM
Silly. You probably see John 3:16 only for the Jews and not Gentiles too.

Whoever taught you this racist, multi-gospel view, has deceived you greatly bro, and causing you to attempt to mislead others. Abandon it, and embrace the one true gospel message for all humankind, that Jesus, Paul, and all the apostles and prophets taught.
God chose Israel, the Jewish nation, from among all the nations of the world to receive the word of God. Israel was then charged to take Gods word to all the world. Israel has not been particularily successful in their mission but then there is no reason to think that any other people would have done any better. God is certainly not a racist yet God distingushes and establishes ethnic differences among all the peoples of the earth. The need, means and method of salvation is universally applicable to all kindred, tribes and tongues on the earth.

Israel is the vessel through which God has chosen to work. God chose the Jew to bring the Christ into the world. One God, one Saviour and one gospel.

Rom 1:16 ...salvation to everyone that believeth of the Jew first and also of the Gentile.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

episkopos
Feb 23rd 2011, 01:55 PM
Same message, different recipients. If two people bearing the same message go, say, one to the north and one to the south that does NOT make two different messages, one northern and the other southern.

There is but one gospel just as there is but one Christ. It is a terrible heresy to say that Paul preached a gospel of grace rather than the gospel of the kingdom. Such lies!!!!

Here is a simple verse that refutes this

30And Paul dwelt two whole years in his own hired house, and received all that came in unto him,

Acts 28:31Preaching the kingdom of God, and teaching those things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ, with all confidence, no man forbidding him.

David Taylor
Feb 23rd 2011, 03:16 PM
Israel was then charged to take Gods word to all the world. Israel has not been particularily successful in their mission

Actually Israel was incredibly successful in their mission....because they effectively brought Christ to Jerusalem, Judea, Samaria, and all the uttermost parts of the world. Now thanks to their unsacrificing mission accomplishment, Christ's name is uplifted in every tongue, tribe, and nation around the planet.

Peter...you and the boys from Galilee did good!!!

doug3
Feb 23rd 2011, 04:53 PM
“15 And account [that] the longsuffering of our Lord [is] salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; 16 As also in all [his] epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as [they do] also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.” (2Pe 3:15-16 AV)

Peter (the Apostle to the Jews) did not seem to have any problem with the gospel as shared by Paul (the Apostle to the gentiles).

“Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort [you] that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.” (Jude 1:3 AV)

The answer is NO!

billy-brown 2
Feb 23rd 2011, 07:34 PM
Perhaps Paul wrote it best:

Eph. 4
4There is one body and one Spirit, just as also you were called in one hope of your calling;
5one Lord, one faith, one baptism,
6one God and Father of all who is over all and through all and in all.

Yep . . . There is only one Gospel . . .

notuptome
Feb 23rd 2011, 07:56 PM
Actually Israel was incredibly successful in their mission....because they effectively brought Christ to Jerusalem, Judea, Samaria, and all the uttermost parts of the world. Now thanks to their unsacrificing mission accomplishment, Christ's name is uplifted in every tongue, tribe, and nation around the planet.

Peter...you and the boys from Galilee did good!!!
Well I was thinking more of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and Moses, you know the patriarchs and prophets of the OT. God chose to give His word through the Jewish writers of the OT and NT. The command to be witnesses of that word to all the world was given not only to Jewish Christians but to the Gentile Christians as well.

While I see the job done by "Peter and the boys" as foundational, I think Paul really carried their water for them. Left to Peter and the boys there would be no Gentiles in the church. God had to knock a few Jewish heads together for them to get with the program.

The Jews once again will get with the program in the tribulation time. After the mostly Gentile church is taken out of the way.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

David Taylor
Feb 23rd 2011, 08:16 PM
While I see the job done by "Peter and the boys" as foundational, I think Paul really carried their water for them. Left to Peter and the boys there would be no Gentiles in the church.

That's a pretty mis-skewed statement. Paul deserves much credit for the amount of evangelism he did to the Gentiles (and Jews) of his day, but the disciples as well, also did much to advance the kingdom of Christ to Jews and Gentiles.

Historically,

Peter preached the gospel in Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia Minor and Bithynia, and Rome.
Andrew preached the gospel in Asia Minor, Greece, Poland, Scythia, along the Black Sea, Volga. Kiev, and Achaea..
James preached the gospel in Samaria and Spain.
John preached the gospel in Asia Minor, Samaria, and Ephesus.
Bartholomew preached the gospel in India, Mesopotamia, Persia, Egypt, Armenia, Lycaonia, Phrygia, and also shores of the Black Sea.
James Alpheaus preached the gospel in Egypt.
Thaddaeus preached the gospel in Syria, Mesopotamia, and Persia.
Philip preached the gospel in Greece, Phrygia, and Syria.
Simon Zealotes preached the gospel also on the Black Sea, in Egypt, Northern Africa, Britain, and Persia..
Thomas preached the gospel in Parthia, Persia, and India.
Matthew preached the gospel in Ethiopia, Macedonia, Persia, and Parthia.
Matthias evangelized in modern day Ethiopia, Cappadocia, Egypt, and Georgia.

So the common idea that dispensationalists like to bandy about, that Paul only preached to the Gentiles, and the Apostles only preached to the Jews is not tendable. These guys were warriors for the Lord, and preached to whomever they could find who had ears, wherever their missionary journeys took them!

billy-brown 2
Feb 23rd 2011, 08:16 PM
Well I was thinking more of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and Moses, you know the patriarchs and prophets of the OT. God chose to give His word through the Jewish writers of the OT and NT. The command to be witnesses of that word to all the world was given not only to Jewish Christians but to the Gentile Christians as well.

While I see the job done by "Peter and the boys" as foundational, I think Paul really carried their water for them. Left to Peter and the boys there would be no Gentiles in the church. God had to knock a few Jewish heads together for them to get with the program.

The Jews once again will get with the program in the tribulation time. After the mostly Gentile church is taken out of the way.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

How is the church mostly Gentile?

David Taylor
Feb 23rd 2011, 08:19 PM

There are no differing programs; there is only one program.

The faithful Jews have always been and will always be apart of the ongoing program of God.

As Mark stated: "And Jesus said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. "
As Matthew also: "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations"
As Luke stated: "ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth. "

The great commission will never stop or be changed, as long as the final judgment has not yet occurred, and the former things are not yet passed away.

episkopos
Feb 23rd 2011, 08:39 PM
I think the church is NOT mostly Gentile (of the nations) but it is mostly Christian (of the Lord). :)

dan p
Feb 23rd 2011, 08:45 PM
How is the church mostly Gentile?

Hi billy-brown2 , and I have to agree with you , even when I do NOT have numbers to prove that .

The Jews are sticking together in there Churchs and I do not see any evanglizing by Jews or by there trying to do the commands of Matt 28:19-20 , that by context was given to them .

I do agree that the Gospel of the Kingdom with its Repentance and Baptism WILL HAVE to preached during the Tribulation as it was SUSPENDED in Acts 28:28 as Titus the Roman general sacked Jerusalem in 70 AD and the Temple will be rebuilt , during that time , dan p

billy-brown 2
Feb 23rd 2011, 10:10 PM
Hi billy-brown2 , and I have to agree with you , even when I do NOT have numbers to prove that .

The Jews are sticking together in there Churchs and I do not see any evanglizing by Jews or by there trying to do the commands of Matt 28:19-20 , that by context was given to them .

I do agree that the Gospel of the Kingdom with its Repentance and Baptism WILL HAVE to preached during the Tribulation as it was SUSPENDED in Acts 28:28 as Titus the Roman general sacked Jerusalem in 70 AD and the Temple will be rebuilt , during that time , dan p

I only asked my question because of these verses below:

Acts 7
37This is that Moses, which said unto the children of Israel, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear.
38This is he, that was in the church in the wilderness with the angel which spake to him in the mount Sina, and with our fathers: who received the lively oracles to give unto us:
39To whom our fathers would not obey, but thrust him from them, and in their hearts turned back again into Egypt,
40Saying unto Aaron, Make us gods to go before us: for as for this Moses, which brought us out of the land of Egypt, we wot not what is become of him.
41And they made a calf in those days, and offered sacrifice unto the idol, and rejoiced in the works of their own hands.

I Cor. 10
1Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea;
2And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;
3And did all eat the same spiritual meat;
4And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.
5But with many of them God was not well pleased: for they were overthrown in the wilderness.