PDA

View Full Version : The body is a temple.

HeLivesInYou
Feb 23rd 2011, 08:49 PM
Edit: Thank you all. haha I do over think things, but I'd rather know the answer than continue to wonder. ha, thanks. :)

ProjectPeter
Feb 23rd 2011, 08:57 PM
In that passage Paul is using it in context with sexual immorality. It has nothing to do with exercise or eating, smoking or tatoo's, etc. :)

RabbiKnife
Feb 23rd 2011, 08:58 PM
I would agree that you overthink things. :D

Hair is dead cells. God doesn't care if you straighten it, curl it, color it, cut it all off, or grow it six feet long. The hair is dead cells just hanging around.

VerticalReality
Feb 23rd 2011, 08:58 PM
I think you're safe. I'm not dismembering my body if I get a haircut.

Reynolds357
Feb 23rd 2011, 08:59 PM
In that passage Paul is using it in context with sexual immorality. It has nothing to do with exercise or eating, smoking or tatoo's, etc. :)

The passage has to do with sin against the body. The context does not limit it to sexual immorality.
I agree it is not talking about flat irons and hair dye.

ProjectPeter
Feb 23rd 2011, 09:01 PM
The passage has to do with sin against the body. The context does not limit it to sexual immorality.
I agree it is not talking about flat irons and hair dye.

1 Corinthians 6:18 *Flee immorality. Every other sin that a man commits is outside the body, but the immoral man sins against his own body.

Reynolds357
Feb 23rd 2011, 09:09 PM
1 Corinthians 6:18 *Flee immorality. Every other sin that a man commits is outside the body, but the immoral man sins against his own body.

Read the opening parts of the chapter.

ProjectPeter
Feb 23rd 2011, 09:17 PM
Read the opening parts of the chapter.Uh... there he is talking about law suits and stuff. He ain't talking about that here. He's on to something else. ;)

Reynolds357
Feb 23rd 2011, 09:20 PM
Uh... there he is talking about law suits and stuff. He ain't talking about that here. He's on to something else. ;)

Around verse 9 he begins one cohesive chain of thought that includes sin that falls outside the realm of sexual sin.

dan p
Feb 25th 2011, 12:08 AM
Edit: Thank you all. haha I do over think things, but I'd rather know the answer than continue to wonder. ha, thanks. :)

Hi to all , and Paul in 1 Cor 3:16 , " Know ye not that ye are the Temple of God , and that the Spirit of God dwellth in you ?

Is this what you are talking about ?

If you are , Paul is the ONLY one that says this for the Body of Christ , dan p