PDA

View Full Version : How are WOMEN saved under the Law ?

dan p
Feb 26th 2011, 12:21 AM
Hi to all and I have been thinking about this post a long time , and it is aimed at those that say the Law of Moses , which was kept by Jesus and James and the elders , is STILL in effect .

So , how were Women saved under the Law Moses ???

They , were not Circumcisied ?

What say you ??

dan p

keck553
Feb 26th 2011, 12:30 AM
There is nothing in Torah about eternal salvation for men or women. Salvation is of the LORD, not the Law.

LookingUp
Feb 26th 2011, 01:14 AM
Hi to all and I have been thinking about this post a long time , and it is aimed at those that say the Law of Moses , which was kept by Jesus and James and the elders , is STILL in effect .

What say you ??

dan pSame as now. God saves those with an honest, humble heart with faith.

“Behold, as for the proud one, his soul is not right within him; but the righteous will live by his faith” (Hab. 2:4).

“What use is it, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but he has no works? Can that faith save him” (James 2:14).

“And he said to the woman, ‘Your faith has saved you; go in peace.’” (Luke 7:50).

“…obtaining as the outcome of your faith the salvation of your souls” (1 Peter 1:9).

“Be gracious to me, O God, according to Your lovingkindness; according to Your compassion blot out my transgressions” (Psalms 51:1).

“The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and a contrite heart, O God, You will not despise” (Psalm 51:17).

“But to this one I will look, to him who is humble and contrite of spirit, and who trembles at My word” (Isa. 66:2).

“My shield is with God, who saves the upright in heart” (Psalm 7:10).

“O continue Your lovingkindness to those who know You, and Your righteousness to the upright in heart (Psalm 36:10).

Jeanne D
Feb 26th 2011, 01:29 AM
Here are some verses that may help explain it:

Deuteronomy 10:16 Circumcise therefore the foreskin of your heart, and be no more stiffnecked.

Deuteronomy 30:6 And the LORD thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live.

Jeremiah 4:4 Circumcise yourselves to the LORD, and take away the foreskins of your heart, ye men of Judah and inhabitants of Jerusalem.

1 Corinthians 7:19 Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing, but keeping the commandments of God is what matters. NKJV

Galatians 5:6 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision avails anything, but faith working through love. NKJV

Colossians 2:11 In Him you were also circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, by putting off the body of the sins of the flesh, by the circumcision of Christ, NKJV

Jeanne

Amos_with_goats
Feb 26th 2011, 01:33 AM

What say you ??

dan p

Dan,

Hebrews Chapter 11 clearly answers the question. I am not sure why you persist in this.

Dispensatinoalism is not supported in scripture... the hyper-dispensationalism you seem to be enamored with is dangerous.

There is no other way that men (or women, or children) might be saved then through Faith in Christ.

dan p
Feb 26th 2011, 02:13 AM
Dan,

Hebrews Chapter 11 clearly answers the question. I am not sure why you persist in this.

Dispensatinoalism is not supported in scripture... the hyper-dispensationalism you seem to be enamored with is dangerous.

There is no other way that men (or women, or children) might be saved then through Faith in Christ.

Hi Amos with Goats , and I was not thinking about Dispensationalism when I wrote , this OP .

And just for your information , I am not a Hyper-dispensationalist .

I am a Pauline Dispensationalist , and since you said that , do you believe in Covenant Theology or are you Acts 2 , believers ?

Maybe you can describe those 2 , since you do not understand Dispensationalism , and that the Greek word DISPENSATION is a Bibical word OIKONOMIA , found in 1 Cor 9:17 ;
Eph 3:2 ; Col 1:25 just to mention a few .

Thanks for another time to mention Dispensationalism and I have yet to post anything on that subject , yet , dan p

Amos_with_goats
Feb 26th 2011, 03:26 AM
The attempts to divide the Word into different segments and then identify those segments as separate and distinct from the mind of the Lord as expressed in His Word (Gen - Rev)..... all of these efforts are of the same spirit.... despensationalism.

Once we 'buy into' alternative methods of salvation for different people, at different times then we are well prepared to accept a different gospel and even a different Christ.

There has only ever been One perfect sacrifice. He paid the sin debt once, and for all persons... living or dead. Whosoever trusts Christ in Faith has eternal life.

Very simple, there are sheep... .and there are goats.

We get mixed up hanging out with goats, some even pretend to teach the word. They teach systems that make men feel 'smart' and lead them down many unproductive paths.

The Sheep hear the Shepard's voice and follow him.

Turn from this path you are on.... you seem to be following the wrong voice.

Blessings,

Hi Amos with Goats , and I was not thinking about Dispensationalism when I wrote , this OP .

I am a Pauline Dispensationalist , and since you said that , do you believe in Covenant Theology or are you Acts 2 , believers ?

Maybe you can describe those 2 , since you do not understand Dispensationalism , and that the Greek word DISPENSATION is a Bibical word OIKONOMIA , found in 1 Cor 9:17 ;
Eph 3:2 ; Col 1:25 just to mention a few .

Thanks for another time to mention Dispensationalism and I have yet to post anything on that subject , yet , dan p

Raybob
Feb 26th 2011, 08:43 AM
They aren't. Nobody is saved under the law. Salvation comes by faith, not laws.

And he said to the woman, Thy faith hath saved thee; go in peace.
(Luk 7:50)

David Taylor
Feb 26th 2011, 01:21 PM
How are WOMEN saved under the Law ?

There is no salvation under the Law. The Law never had power to save anyone, it waw only a tool that convicted peoples hearts of their sin.

Women of all ages and races are saved exactly like their male counterparts.

Through saving faith in the Jesus Christ for the remission of their sins.

Women are saved the same way now as Eve, Sarah, Rahab, Ruth, Martha, Anna, and Ann Graham are saved. For there is no other name under heaven, given by which we can be saved.

The just shall live by faith"...Habakkuk
Though your sins be scarlet they shall be whiter than snow" Psalms
The Lord hath lain on Him the iniquity of us all. Isaiah

David Taylor
Feb 26th 2011, 01:34 PM

I am a Pauline Dispensationalist ,

Thanks for another time to mention Dispensationalism and I have yet to post anything on that subject , yet

dan
2 things.

1. pauline dispensationalism is a form of hyper-dispensationalism. I was raised dispensational for 20 years, and sometimes its hard to see the forrest for the trees... it takes a while to let the scriptures start speaking for themselves, instead of doing so much eisogetical doctrinal insertions into the scriptures to attmept to proove the model's premise.

2. every post youve made since joining has been heavily dispensational ...your not even realizing it, because youve become so deeply entrentched in it.

How long have you been a Paulinist? Who taught it to you? (you can recover bro, there is hope)

dan p
Feb 26th 2011, 07:53 PM
dan
2 things.

1. pauline dispensationalism is a form of hyper-dispensationalism. I was raised dispensational for 20 years, and sometimes its hard to see the forrest for the trees... it takes a while to let the scriptures start speaking for themselves, instead of doing so much eisogetical doctrinal insertions into the scriptures to attmept to proove the model's premise.

2. every post youve made since joining has been heavily dispensational ...your not even realizing it, because youve become so deeply entrentched in it.

How long have you been a Paulinist? Who taught it to you? (you can recover bro, there is hope)

Hi David Taylor , and I have been a Pauline Dispensationalist , for over 50 years .

My mission statement is in Eph 3:9 , " to make all men see what is the fellowship of the Mystery " and your is Covenant Theology ot are you Acts 2 ???

There is always HOPE for everyone , and by the way Pauline Dispensationalism is scripturual and sound and the word OIKONOMIA is found in Pauls letters and most of believers hav no clue what it means , dan p