PDA

View Full Version : New Heaven and New Earth (Rev. 21)

RollTide21
Mar 3rd 2011, 10:52 PM
Is it commonly understood that we will physically dwell in a new, restored Earth after the return of Christ?

How do you speculate that this will work? I think most of us believe that Christ will be here with us physically. We also believe in a new, glorified body without pain, death, or sorrow.

Will this basically be the Garden of Eden revisited? What of those who are non-believers? Will we rule over them? Will we be perfect, incorruptible beings while they are still flawed humans? Will people have the chance to repent and be saved?

WSGAC
Mar 3rd 2011, 10:54 PM
Is it commonly understood that we will physically dwell in a new, restored Earth after the return of Christ?

How do you speculate that this will work? I think most of us believe that Christ will be here with us physically. We also believe in a new, glorified body without pain, death, or sorrow.

Will this basically be the Garden of Eden revisited? What of those who are non-believers? Will we rule over them? Will we be perfect, incorruptible beings while they are still flawed humans? Will people have the chance to repent and be saved?

Not a garden of Eden, but a heavenly city...new Jerusalem.

nzyr
Mar 3rd 2011, 11:35 PM
Will this basically be the Garden of Eden revisited?

Yes I think it shall be something like that. There are places in the prophets that describe it. Like: The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the LORD.
(Isaiah 65:25)

This says the animals will revert back to the way they were in Eden.

Christians in glorified bodies shall govern the world with Jesus during the millennium. Also the new Jerusalem will be the world capital. This is when a lot of the prophecies concerning peace will be fulfilled. It shall be a wonderful time to be alive.

RollTide21
Mar 4th 2011, 02:36 PM
So what of the lost who are alive when Christ returns and sets up His Kingdom?

RogerW
Mar 4th 2011, 02:48 PM
So what of the lost who are alive when Christ returns and sets up His Kingdom?

Greetings RollTide,

You don't believe Christians are NOW in His Kingdom?

Lu*17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Mt*12:28 But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.

Ro*14:17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

RogerW
Mar 4th 2011, 02:55 PM

When Christ returns to establish His Eternal Kingdom on earth, it won't be this earth. This earth and all who are left on it when Christ comes again will be burned up. Then the Kingdom in heaven will come down to a newly created earth, where sin and death are no more. The whole earth will be made new again! Everything and everyone will be perfect, so there will be no need of repenting, because only the righteous are there.

RollTide21
Mar 4th 2011, 03:01 PM
Greetings RollTide,

You don't believe Christians are NOW in His Kingdom?

Lu*17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Mt*12:28 But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.

Ro*14:17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.I don't understand the relevance of your question. Maybe it is how I worded my question. I was asking about what happens to those who are lost when Jesus returns and sets up the New Jerusalem. That's what I meant by "Kingdom" in that question. His physical Kingdom. Sorry.

Yes, I believe that the Kingdom of God is among us now.

RollTide21
Mar 4th 2011, 03:03 PM
When Christ returns to establish His Eternal Kingdom on earth, it won't be this earth. This earth and all who are left on it when Christ comes again will be burned up. Then the Kingdom in heaven will come down to a newly created earth, where sin and death are no more. The whole earth will be made new again! Everything and everyone will be perfect, so there will be no need of repenting, because only the righteous are there.Ah. Thanks. This is what I was looking for.

So this Earth will be destroyed utterly and a New Earth created? Or...at the least, all life on this Earth will be destroyed and this Earth made new? At any rate, based on this, there will be no one on the New Earth aside from Believers. For some reason, I was thinking that sinners would be among us. When is the Final Judgement?

markdrums
Mar 4th 2011, 03:06 PM
When Christ returns to establish His Eternal Kingdom on earth, it won't be this earth. This earth and all who are left on it when Christ comes again will be burned up. Then the Kingdom in heaven will come down to a newly created earth, where sin and death are no more. The whole earth will be made new again! Everything and everyone will be perfect, so there will be no need of repenting, because only the righteous are there.

Great point Roger!
Just like our Bodies will be changed in an instant, becoming glorified, incorruptible & imperishable... the Earth will also be instantly changed.
There won't be any "unsaved" people. No more death, nor more pain, no more crying.... everything will be made new, with perfection.

Not for 1000 years, but forever & ever.
;)

David Taylor
Mar 4th 2011, 03:41 PM

It depends on what millennial viewpoint you hold.

Postmill and Amill viewpoints believe as you say, that after the Return of Christ, the Earth will be restored in a perfect, sinless, pristine 'New Earth' environment, containing only the glorified redeemed and their Lord forevermore. Those views believe that scripture teaches that non-believers are judged and cast into the Lake of Fire; forever separated from the Lord and the redeemed at His Return(any scriptures that seemed to allow exceptions or continuation of mortal unbelievers are misunderstandings of those verses, not a correct expectation). As far as peoples chance to repent and be saved, it is during their own lives, not after Christ's return and the judgment.

Premill however, believes that the Return of Christ does not usher in a New Earth immediately, but rather, a continuation of a a cursed, sinful earth, with wicked people still dwelling throughout it, of which eventually plan a huge revolt against Christ and His authority. They typically see this premill-kingdom lasting 1000 literal years; and then after it expires, finally death and the curse is removed from the Earth; and the New Earth is presented in sinless glory.

Ultimately, it really depends on how important one sees the Return of Christ and His Glorious appearing to be....is the Return of Christ so important and resplendent that it ushers in the eternal state and the Earth is cleansed and made new at that time of all wickedness; or is the Return of Christ moreso just another blip on the timeline of sinful mortal history; at least another thousand years prior to the eventual repeal of the bondage of sin and death.

Blackwood
Mar 7th 2011, 04:37 PM
Read 2*Peter 3:13. The “new heavens” is God’s heavenly Kingdom, which was established in the year 1914 when “the appointed times of the nations” ended. (Luke 21:24) This royal government is made up of Christ Jesus and his 144,000 corulers, most of whom have received their heavenly reward. In the book of Revelation, these chosen ones are portrayed as “the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God and prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.” (Rev. 21:1, 2, 22-24) Just as earthly Jerusalem was the seat of government in ancient Israel, the New Jerusalem and her Bridegroom make up the government of the new system of things. This celestial city will ‘come down out of heaven’ by directing its attention to the earth.
The “new earth” refers to the new earthly society of humans who will have demonstrated their willing submission to God’s Kingdom. The spiritual paradise that God’s people enjoy even now will at last be in its rightful setting in that beautiful “inhabited earth to come.” (Heb. 2:5)

Grace
Mar 7th 2011, 05:05 PM
Revelation says that the Tree of Life will be in the midst of the New Jerusalem - the Tree of Life was in the Garden here on Earth - the Garden was planted eastward in earth and did not cover the whole earth... it was a Garden that God planted - and in the New Jerusalem we are told that a river flows out from under the throne - just as rivers flowed in the Garden of Eden - it seems to me that the biblical language indicates that the Garden of Eden will be in the Earth made new.

The bible says that the wicked have the same end as those in Sodom and Gomorrah - the sanctuary is a parable of the story of redemption and there in the outer court under the brazen altar David saw the end of the wicked... ashes... Isaiah says they will be ashes...

Definitely glorified physical bodies...

David says that God is Lord from everlasting to everlasting... from before creation when there was no time... to after the second coming when there will be time no more... and the bible reveals that Jesus has not created since the earth - and He will not create again until the earth made new... and we will get to watch... wonderful

David Taylor
Mar 8th 2011, 12:47 PM
Read 2*Peter 3:13. The “new heavens” is God’s heavenly Kingdom, which was established in the year 1914 when “the appointed times of the nations” ended. (Luke 21:24)

The Bible doesn't teach this at all....sounds like you've been fooled and deceived by the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of Brooklyn NY, into buying into their balogna propaganda. The JW's have a very misguided and twisted viewpoint on alot of topics; and the notion that Christ came in 1914 is one of the most bizarre of them.

This royal government is made up of Christ Jesus and his 144,000 corulers, most of whom have received their heavenly reward.

Another JW buzzword of misuse; the 144K. No the 144K isn't anything like what the JWs teach it to be. They are not a group of heavenly-only people. They are a representation of Jewish Christians who biblically are a subset of all of the redeemed who will spend eternity in Heaven with God Almighty Jesus Christ the one Lord (of which JWs also vehemently deny thanks to the agendas of the WTBTS organization.)

In the book of Revelation, these chosen ones are portrayed as “the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God and prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.” (Rev. 21:1, 2, 22-24) Just as earthly Jerusalem was the seat of government in ancient Israel, the New Jerusalem and her Bridegroom make up the government of the new system of things. This celestial city will ‘come down out of heaven’ by directing its attention to the earth.

And biblically, absolutely none of this has to do with 1914, or the WTBTS or it's followers who don't have a saviour and who vilify the true Christ and strip and abase Him of His eternal divine glory.

The “new earth” refers to the new earthly society of humans who will have demonstrated their willing submission to God’s Kingdom. The spiritual paradise that God’s people enjoy even now will at last be in its rightful setting in that beautiful “inhabited earth to come.” (Heb. 2:5)

The closest to biblically accurate statement in your post; yet it (The New Earth) won't contain those from any religion or cult who denied Jesus Christ, and willfully rejected that He is the great IAM, Lord YHWH Almighty.

Exodus 3 "The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them? And God said unto Moses, I AM"

John 8 "Ye are from beneath; I AM from above: ye are of this world; I AM not of this world. I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I AM he, ye shall die in your sins. Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I AM. Then took they up stones to cast at him"

little watchman
Mar 8th 2011, 09:09 PM
Premill however, believes that the Return of Christ does not usher in a New Earth immediately, but rather, a continuation of a a cursed, sinful earth, with wicked people still dwelling throughout it, of which eventually plan a huge revolt against Christ and His authority. They typically see this premill-kingdom lasting 1000 literal years; and then after it expires, finally death and the curse is removed from the Earth; and the New Earth is presented in sinless glory.

This assessment of premillennialism is probably accurate for most dispensationalists, but not all premillennialists are dispensationalists, for example George Eldon Ladd. Here's a chart I found helpful on the differences between Dispensational Premillennialism, Historic Premillennialism, Amillennialism, and Postmillennialism: http://www.natewilsonfamily.net/eschtlgy.htm

Though I haven't really studied eschatology for years, and am probably about due for another a good adjustment of my understanding of it, I've always thought the millennium was in heaven, not earth: "And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also" (John 14:3)

And where is Jesus now doing this work of preparation? "and to wait for His Son from Heaven" (1 Thessalonians 1:10). "But this Man, after He had offered one sacrifice for sins for all time, sat down at the right hand of God" (Hebrews 10:12).

So Jesus is in heaven preparing a place for us, so that where he is, we can be also. Taken literally this could be consistent with a heavenly millennium before the culmination of the New Heaven and the New Earth. It does not seem nearly so consistent with dispensational premillennialism, though, in which we reign with Christ over a "cursed, sinful earth."

Hunter121
Mar 8th 2011, 09:48 PM
Ahhh yes new heaven and earth where Jesus will come again and defeat the Antichrist, his followers and all who is evil. Jesus will hold the key to the bottomless pit, open it and send all that is evil in the pit for a thousand years, (thousand years of peace), and Jesus will reign and peace and prosperity will be filled throughout the land.

But after a thousand years of peace Satan will escape the pit and once again tempt man into doing evil. Later on which Is mostly undescribed in the bible god will have a final battle of good and evil. (god vs satan) God will prevail of course therefore ending evil once and for all.

God bless

episkopos
Mar 8th 2011, 10:04 PM
Ah. Thanks. This is what I was looking for.

So this Earth will be destroyed utterly and a New Earth created? Or...at the least, all life on this Earth will be destroyed and this Earth made new? At any rate, based on this, there will be no one on the New Earth aside from Believers. For some reason, I was thinking that sinners would be among us. When is the Final Judgement?

Hold on a moment...
In a great house there are not only vessels of honour but ALSO of dishonour.

The holy city has gates. These are to keep the ones who were cut-off due to their soiling their garments. They are the wanderers cast into outer darkness.

Notice this,...

27And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

The gates keep out the living not the dead.

episkopos
Mar 8th 2011, 10:07 PM
Jude 1:12 These people are blemishes at your love feasts, eating with you without the slightest qualm—shepherds who feed only themselves. They are clouds without rain, blown along by the wind; autumn trees, without fruit and uprooted—twice dead. 13 They are wild waves of the sea, foaming up their shame; wandering stars, for whom blackest darkness has been reserved forever.

Raybob
Mar 9th 2011, 08:31 AM
...But after a thousand years of peace Satan will escape the pit and once again tempt man into doing evil. Later on which Is mostly undescribed in the bible god will have a final battle of good and evil. (god vs satan) God will prevail of course therefore ending evil once and for all.

God bless

It's mostly not described in the bible because it doesn't happen. There is only one interpretation of one single verse in the entire bible that suggests Satan has any power after Jesus returns. I believe that must be a wrong interpretation of that entire passage that the verse is taken from (Rev. 20). Revelation 20 is a symbolic rendition of the time of the saints reigning with Christ from His first coming until His return on judgment day. Understanding Revelation 20 in this manner makes the return of the Lord just the same as all the other passages of the return of the Lord.

For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words. But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you. For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
(1Th 4:16-5:3)

Sudden destruction. They shall not escape. Not one. This is when we receive our new earth and reign with Him for the rest of all eternity, not just a mere 1000 years.

nzyr
Mar 9th 2011, 11:29 PM

I believe the new heaven and the new earth will occur after the Millennium.

nzyr
Mar 9th 2011, 11:55 PM
The “new heavens” is God’s heavenly Kingdom, which was established in the year 1914...

How did you arrive at the year 1914?

Raybob
Mar 10th 2011, 01:32 AM
How did you arrive at the year 1914?

That is the teaching of the Jehovah Witnesses. From Wikipedia: "Watch Tower Society publications teach that Jesus Christ began to rule in heaven as king of God's Kingdom in October 1914,[192] and that Satan was subsequently ousted from heaven to the earth, resulting in "woe" to mankind.[193] They believe that Jesus rules invisibly, perceived only as a series of "signs"."

They believe and teach many wacky things. They teach that Jesus wasn't the creator of all but that He was created and was Satan's brother.