PDA

View Full Version : Your Prayer's for me aren't answered!

Amencorner
Mar 5th 2011, 09:22 PM
Your Prayer s for me aren't answered!

Hello, where do I start, when I was asked to give a testimony on a Sunday in Church, many years ago. My Pastor would say, at the beginning, there's a beginning, middle and an end.

Well it started last week when I had a headache, the Daughter said to me let's check your blood pressure. And on testing it was unusually high, because normally I have low blood pressure. I said, I am very tired, and my face cheeks were red. I was then instructed to go and rest and drink a large glass of water. So while resting I realized I had a chest infection, this was raising my blood pressure! Because of an ongoing chest condition my Doctor gives me Anti biotic s to keep at home for emergencies. So I started a course of them, by the next day My blood pressure had come down, and my headache went. Why have I shared this section, because the gap between taking antibiotics is closing, is this the end times?
I'm sure the imeditiate family sensed something, will the Lord intervene with healing. There has on many occasions been an intervening in my life time. I know if I ask, I won't worry too much about it, Jesus is very faithful when we ask.

And I started to feel better and able to cope with the rest of the week with the children. It can be a very hectic time with children and after they go it can be an emotional time especially for my Wife, when emotions run high. It's difficult when they leave, so every time I would pray for peace for the missus.

This time there was great anger and emotions going on, and it was said to me, "Your Prayer s for me aren't answered! I thought to my self your right my prayers don't seem to work. I went into the garden were we hang the washing out to dry, and as I bent over to pick something up I heard these word's, your prayer s aren't answered because your Wife has a free will, if your Wife would call on me I will answer, if your Wife will ask I will help. We don't have to be controlled by our
emotions, we can have self-control, I know this, when I have asked, I have received. Last week after asking for help with having the dog come to stay I was amazed with my self control and peace in the situation.

Do you mind if I share my thought's with you, free will, when Jesus taught us the Lord's prayer,

Matthew 6:9-13 (KJV)
9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
11 Give us this day our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

When we pray this prayer, "Thy will be done in earth" we are saying thy will not our will, we are free to choose our Father's will or not to. We have a choice. In the newer Bibles "in" is replaced with "on" as a personal preference "in" is the correct word for me, because that's were the work by the Holy Spirit is done. So we have the choice to surrender our will or not to. The Kingdom is with in us. My Wife has the choice to ask for help, not to have my will imposed on her by my prayers however well-meaning they are, my Wife has the freedom to choose.
The earth part of the prayer is talking about you and I, "Thy will be done in earth" .

Luke 17:21 (KJV)
21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Romans 14:17 (KJV)
17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

Alan :)

Diggindeeper
Mar 5th 2011, 11:18 PM
MOD NOTE: I moved this thread for you to Bible Chat where it can be discussed more fully. Now others can talk with you about it........
Diggin

Servant89
Mar 6th 2011, 10:05 PM
Your Prayer s for me aren't answered!

Hello, where do I start, when I was asked to give a testimony on a Sunday in Church, many years ago. My Pastor would say, at the beginning, there's a beginning, middle and an end.

Well it started last week when I had a headache, the Daughter said to me let's check your blood pressure. And on testing it was unusually high, because normally I have low blood pressure. I said, I am very tired, and my face cheeks were red. I was then instructed to go and rest and drink a large glass of water. So while resting I realized I had a chest infection, this was raising my blood pressure! Because of an ongoing chest condition my Doctor gives me Anti biotic s to keep at home for emergencies. So I started a course of them, by the next day My blood pressure had come down, and my headache went. Why have I shared this section, because the gap between taking antibiotics is closing, is this the end times?
I'm sure the imeditiate family sensed something, will the Lord intervene with healing. There has on many occasions been an intervening in my life time. I know if I ask, I won't worry too much about it, Jesus is very faithful when we ask.

And I started to feel better and able to cope with the rest of the week with the children. It can be a very hectic time with children and after they go it can be an emotional time especially for my Wife, when emotions run high. It's difficult when they leave, so every time I would pray for peace for the missus.

This time there was great anger and emotions going on, and it was said to me, "Your Prayer s for me aren't answered! I thought to my self your right my prayers don't seem to work. I went into the garden were we hang the washing out to dry, and as I bent over to pick something up I heard these word's, your prayer s aren't answered because your Wife has a free will, if your Wife would call on me I will answer, if your Wife will ask I will help. We don't have to be controlled by our emotions, we can have self-control, I know this, when I have asked, I have received. Last week after asking for help with having the dog come to stay I was amazed with my self control and peace in the situation.

Do you mind if I share my thought's with you, free will, when Jesus taught us the Lord's prayer,

Matthew 6:9-13 (KJV)
9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
11 Give us this day our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

When we pray this prayer, "Thy will be done in earth" we are saying thy will not our will, we are free to choose our Father's will or not to. We have a choice. In the newer Bibles "in" is replaced with "on" as a personal preference "in" is the correct word for me, because that's were the work by the Holy Spirit is done. So we have the choice to surrender our will or not to. The Kingdom is with in us. My Wife has the choice to ask for help, not to have my will imposed on her by my prayers however well-meaning they are, my Wife has the freedom to choose.
The earth part of the prayer is talking about you and I, "Thy will be done in earth" .

Luke 17:21 (KJV)
21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Romans 14:17 (KJV)
17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

Alan :)

Get the video or book from Dr. Gary Chapman Five Love Languages or go to one of his marriage seminars. You can not control your spouse. You cannot cause her to change, only God can do that and free will is still a law of the universe. Forget about changing your wife. Change yourself (even if your wife does not change). There are several reasons why your prayer is not answered:

1. Do not badmouth your wife: 1 Pet 3:7 Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.

2. Are you asking God to change your wife's behavior in bed? Jas 4:2 Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not.
3 Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.

3. Maybe it is the Lord's will to improve your character through her, maybe your wife is the lovely sandpaper that God will use to smooth out the rough edges of your character. Our Love must be UNCONDITIONAL otherwise, God will not be impressed:

Luke 6:27 But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you,
28 Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.
29 And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy cloak forbid not to take thy coat also.
30 Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again.
31 And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.
32 For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them.
33 And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same.
34 And if ye lend to them of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again.
35 But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.
36 Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful.
37 Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:

1 Cor 6:7 Now therefore there is utterly a fault among you, because ye go to law one with another. Why do ye not rather take wrong? why do ye not rather suffer yourselves to be defrauded?

2 Cor 12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

Shalom

godspeaker
Mar 7th 2011, 01:14 PM
You might have free choice but I had a father and three brothers who didn't have a choice when they died by accidents. All the prophesies were written because God knew exactly what would happen thousands of years later. If you think you have free will, it's only because God planned for you to think that way.

Firefighter
Mar 7th 2011, 03:21 PM
You might have free choice but I had a father and three brothers who didn't have a choice when they died by accidents. All the prophesies were written because God knew exactly what would happen thousands of years later. If you think you have free will, it's only because God planned for you to think that way.

Then by extension, if I go out and murder innocent women and children I can say God planned for me to do it? If it is not our will, then it must be His will right?

Servant89
Mar 7th 2011, 09:00 PM
If you think you have free will, it's only because God planned for you to think that way.

Ecc 1:9-10 there is nothing new under the sun.

Adam, what happened?: The woman that you gave me Lord, it is her fault.
Eve, what happened?: The serpent deceived me, it is its fault.
godspeaker, what happened?: I have no free will Lord, it is not my fault.

Peace