PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Salvation Issue

tedbaker88
Mar 11th 2011, 08:48 PM
About seven years ago, I wronged my brother, and i want so badly to tell him what ive done but i just cant seem to find the courage. Is not telling him a salvation issue? i know in matthew it says if you are offering a gift at the alter and remember that your brother has something against you then leave your gift and reconcile with him. i know its the right thing to do but i just dont see how i could possibly tell him and it eats me up inside.

-SEEKING-
Mar 11th 2011, 08:49 PM
If you feel this convicted about it, then do it.

LookingUp
Mar 11th 2011, 09:36 PM
About seven years ago, I wronged my brother, and i want so badly to tell him what ive done but i just cant seem to find the courage. Is not telling him a salvation issue? i know in matthew it says if you are offering a gift at the alter and remember that your brother has something against you then leave your gift and reconcile with him. i know its the right thing to do but i just dont see how i could possibly tell him and it eats me up inside.Does your brother have something against you?

RollTide21
Mar 11th 2011, 10:12 PM
I assume you are currently a Child of God and are questioning whether or not you can truly be saved if you have this unresolved with your brother.

If that is the question, yes, you are definitely secure in Christ. My guess would be that the Holy Spirit is convicting you to make amends with your brother. Let me ask this, however: Is this something you did that he doesn't know about? In other words, is everything fine right now, but could change if you tell him this thing that he doesn't know about? Or...is there a current conflict and this confession would help to resolve the current conflict?

Hunter121
Mar 11th 2011, 10:13 PM
I personally think you should because it sounds like your guilt is eating you up inside, and who made guilt? God did of course, I think god is trying to get you to tell him, and I don't know what you did and that's not to make you feel so guilty but I get what your getting at, your afraid if you tell him you might get rejected or somehow he won't love you the same way, but he is your family and will always love you, and if somehow he doesn't ( witch is unlikely) you will have
Ve gained love from the lord and that's who your trying to please

So tell him, and then pray to god, and hopefully everything will be okay

God bless

keck553
Mar 11th 2011, 10:49 PM
About seven years ago, I wronged my brother, and i want so badly to tell him what ive done but i just cant seem to find the courage. Is not telling him a salvation issue? i know in matthew it says if you are offering a gift at the alter and remember that your brother has something against you then leave your gift and reconcile with him. i know its the right thing to do but i just dont see how i could possibly tell him and it eats me up inside.

All things work together for the good of those who love God.
God is trying to teach you something. Listen to Him, no matter how much it hurts. Do what is right and leave the consequencs with God.

Servant89
Mar 12th 2011, 12:23 AM

It depends. There are certain things that are better kept hidden (would make things worse than they are). Salvation at stake? If my salvation depends on my behavior, I am dead meat. Salvation depends on faith in Jesus and what Jesus did on Calvary.

Shalom

steelcurtain76
Mar 12th 2011, 12:56 AM

I can't judge whether this is a salvation issue for you or not, but God may be prompting you to make something right with your brother. I can tell you I had a very similar experience that happened to me very recently. Before you read this, I will say this, my marriage has completely changed during the pasts 2 years (been married 14 years now) since my diagnosis with Cancer in 2009. Even though my wife and I have been Christians for over 20 years, God has worked on my heart and changed me and my wife from deep within. We are a different couple than we were and all the glory goes to God.

I made some very bad mistakes in my marriage...some only me and God knew about...others were known to my wife. What my wife didn't know about was sexual sin in my mind, lustful feelings toward other women...some of these women my wife knew, and images that I had viewed on my computer. I also had anger issues that she did know about. Although the discussion I am about to tell you about took place in early January of this year, I had repented of these sins...some before my Cancer diagnosis...and some after, but my sin still bothered me.

I always had felt bad about the sexual sins and I wondered if I needed to confess to my wife what I had done. Around January of this year, the feelings of needing to confess intensified and I asked God to open up a door for me because I was too scared to travel this road of confession myself.

Toward the end of January, after watching a movie with my wife, she looked at me and asked "Have you ever wronged someone and felt the need to confess it". In my mind, I said "Thank you Lord or opening this door" and I said yes. She proceeded to tell me about some things feelings she had had years ago towards me that she never verbalized before, but that they all revolved around this...during around year 5 of our marriage (2001) that she didn't want to be married to me any longer because of my anger issues. Then...my turn came and I was scared, but I told her everything. I didn't hold anything back because I knew that I needed to do this in order to obey God. Yes, my wife did not know about the sexual sin in my life, but I felt she had the right to know. I apologized and asked forgiveness for everything I had done.

She didn't cry or walk away from me. She did look me straight in my eyes and tell me that "you are forgiven". I'm well aware of what Matthew says about adultery in the heart and I felt the deepest feeling of spiritual cleansing from God and an incredible amount of bonding with my wife that night.

I'm not going to tell you what you should do. Take my story for what it's worth, but what I can tell you is that I felt like God removed a huge boulder of guilt that I had carried around for many...many years.

God bless you my friend.