PDA

View Full Version : Westboro at it again...

notuptome
Mar 11th 2011, 10:26 PM
Westboro is planning to protest a funeral in Perry County Pa just 15 miles from the capitol city of Harrisburg and 40 miles from York where they protested the funeral of a young Marine who' father sued and lost in the SCOTUS.

This funeral is for seven children who died in an early morning house fire. The oldest was eleven and the youngest was six months old. The Clouser family is a Mennonite family with deep roots in the community. They are dairy farmers milking a herd of sixty cows. Only one of the children surrived a three year old daughter and the mom is expecting a new addition in mid summer.

Many of the locals are up in arms over this news and I hear tell there are several militias in Perry county who are none too happy. Funeral is Tuesday Mar 15. Lets hope they don't show up as the locals have promised a Perry county welcome for them. Mennonites are one step away from Amish and I don't think they support violence.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

Vhayes
Mar 11th 2011, 10:29 PM
Dear God, what would they have to protest about children dying in a fire?

And like you, I believe the Mennonite faith is strictly pacifist.

Diggindeeper
Mar 11th 2011, 10:32 PM
No they don't, but several militia groups won't give it a second thought...

I know this was 'approved' by the Supreme Court (Lord have mercy on them!) but its gonna end in a bad way somewhere on down the road......

Some militia minded group will take matters into their own hands, eventually. Just you wait and see.

Punchy
Mar 11th 2011, 10:43 PM
I hope that the WBC will get whats coming to them.

notuptome
Mar 11th 2011, 10:44 PM
Dear God, what would they have to protest about children dying in a fire?

And like you, I believe the Mennonite faith is strictly pacifist.
These folks have their cup full of tribulation. Seven dead children, house destroyed by fire, and Westboro threatening to protest the funeral.

Perhaps Loysville Pa will be Westboro's Waterloo.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

Vhayes
Mar 11th 2011, 10:47 PM
Video tape it. Please. For me.

And if I am correct, the community will band together and maybe have a house raising - like the barn raisings Amish do together. Tape that too, please.

I would love to do a three to five minute piece of juxtaposed positioning of "Christian" OR "Christian".

Phish
Mar 11th 2011, 10:54 PM
Someday one of them will die and have a funeral and I'm sure people will come out of the woodwork to pronounce judgement on them. Its wrong I know. Down Flesh, down.

OK I'm fine now

RabbiKnife
Mar 11th 2011, 10:54 PM
Mennonites are Arminians, not strict Calvinists like the bunch from WBC.

SO, I'm sure the WBC will be condemning their "doctrine of Satan i.e. free will" like they did the National Association of Free Will Baptists annual meeting a couple of years ago.

The fire was, I'm sure, God's punishment on the Mennonites for their doctrine of devils.

Vhayes
Mar 11th 2011, 10:56 PM
When Fred Phelps dies, I hope I have enough money to go to the funeral. i would love to stand outside and sing chorus after chorus of Amazing Grace.

God loves everyone - even the Phelps gang. He may not be too pleased with them, He may not like them very well but He loves them and wants them to know the True Him.

Diggindeeper
Mar 11th 2011, 10:58 PM
Around here, those people have also come to 'protest'. But in East Tennessee, we have a lot of ultra-conservative people, even in the police departments and Sheriff's departments. Our law enforcement along with 'bikers' and even common citizens in the past have formed a 'line of resistance' that did not let them anywhere within seeing or hearing distance of the funeral or the cemetery.

They CAN be stopped without violence. They looked pretty silly, way out in the middle of nowhere, doin' their protesting to the wind..........

But, that's here......

Slina
Mar 11th 2011, 10:58 PM
According to their press release, they're picketing the funeral to make sure everyone knows that the seven kids died as a result of the supreme court case (since I guess the Snyders live in Pennsylvania as well), since obviously the house fire was God's act of vengeance against the evil state of Pennsylvania (also, supposedly the parents didn't do enough to save their kids according to Westboro, so the parents are entirely at fault anyway :o :rolleyes: ). In other words, this is just their idea of revenge for being sued. :rolleyes: :B

notuptome
Mar 11th 2011, 11:00 PM
Video tape it. Please. For me.

And if I am correct, the community will band together and maybe have a house raising - like the barn raisings Amish do together. Tape that too, please.

I would love to do a three to five minute piece of juxtaposed positioning of "Christian" OR "Christian".
Local ABC affiliate ran some footage of the Amish preparing to rebuild the house for them. the community is really behind helping these folks deal with this tragic event. www.abc27.com

They are doing bake sales and fundraisers for this family. The funeral homes donated the seven caskets needed for the children. The outpouring of support is amazing. They have gotten donations from all over the country.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

Vhayes
Mar 11th 2011, 11:01 PM
According to their press release, they're picketing the funeral to make sure everyone knows that the seven kids died as a result of the supreme court case (since I guess the Snyders live in Pennsylvania as well), since obviously the house fire was God's act of vengeance against the evil state of Pennsylvania (also, supposedly the parents didn't do enough to save their kids according to Westboro, so the parents are entirely at fault anyway :o :rolleyes: ). In other words, this is just their idea of revenge for being sued. :rolleyes: :B

Dearest Lord Jesus. Children.

so - their plane will crash or their bus will drive off a cliff maybe?

Slina
Mar 11th 2011, 11:12 PM
I know, I think the part that sickens me the most about this is that Westboro is blatantly blaming the parents for everything, accusing them of being horrible parents (raising them in sin and all that) and even worse of being negligent to the point of killing their own children. I'm sure the parents are struggling with self-blame enough as it is without Westboro jumping in and stirring things up. And here I thought they couldn't get any worse than picketing funerals. :( (To their credit, they're kind of seeing the children as victims in all this, but I can't say that makes them any better...)

Vhayes
Mar 11th 2011, 11:17 PM
Local ABC affiliate ran some footage of the Amish preparing to rebuild the house for them. the community is really behind helping these folks deal with this tragic event. www.abc27.com

They are doing bake sales and fundraisers for this family. The funeral homes donated the seven caskets needed for the children. The outpouring of support is amazing. They have gotten donations from all over the country.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

What a truly upliftng story.

You should call one of the local stations to see if they would be willing to do a story about the community coming together in this way. It would be HUGE both locally and ABC might just pick it up for one of their evening news shows if it's suggested to them.

This is exactly what would show the nation what it means to be Christian as well as what it does not mean.

Diggindeeper
Mar 11th 2011, 11:22 PM

You should call one of the local stations to see if they would be willing to do a story about the community coming together in this way. It would be HUGE both locally and ABC might just pick it up for one of their evening news shows if it's suggested to them.

This is exactly what would show the nation what it means to be Christian as well as what it does not mean.

No, ABC won't air anything, VH, that puts Christians in a GOOD light. Not ABC, of all the networks! Go ahead and try it, but you're wasting your time. ABC does not like to promote anything good and CHRISTIAN.

notuptome
Mar 11th 2011, 11:50 PM

The local TV is giving lots of air time to the story and I'm sure they will cover the funeral on Tuesday. Our talk radio is heating up as well. AM WHP 580 with Bob Durgan. ABC GMA carried it on Wed when it was breaking I don't know if they'll pick it up if Westboro shows on Tues. But the local ABC station is airing all the human interest on this they can. Good for them by the way.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

moonglow
Mar 12th 2011, 01:44 AM
No, ABC won't air anything, VH, that puts Christians in a GOOD light. Not ABC, of all the networks! Go ahead and try it, but you're wasting your time. ABC does not like to promote anything good and CHRISTIAN.

Not sure why you would say this. I watch the ABC evening news all the time because of their human interest stories that are usually very positive.

They did a wonderful video about how the Amish forgave the man that raided their little school house and shot and either killed or wounded the girls there. God was mentioned in a letter that the Amish wrote for the public one year later..it wasn't edited out or anything: http://abcnews.go.com/video/playerIndex?id=3678469

I plan on watching 20/20 when it comes on because they are going to cover the disaster in Japan.

At any rate I didn't think this family that had lost the children in the fire were Amish ...thought they just lived in that area. Guess it doesn't matter anyway. Westbro yet again is out of line and cruel to the bone. :( Wonder if all of us can pray them away from there? I mean why not? Why couldn't we all focus our prayers that they cannot get their for whatever reason..car trouble, etc. I am willing to give it a try.

God bless

mattlad22
Mar 12th 2011, 05:42 AM
Not sure why you would say this. I watch the ABC evening news all the time because of their human interest stories that are usually very positive.

They did a wonderful video about how the Amish forgave the man that raided their little school house and shot and either killed or wounded the girls there. God was mentioned in a letter that the Amish wrote for the public one year later..it wasn't edited out or anything: http://abcnews.go.com/video/playerIndex?id=3678469

I plan on watching 20/20 when it comes on because they are going to cover the disaster in Japan.

At any rate I didn't think this family that had lost the children in the fire were Amish ...thought they just lived in that area. Guess it doesn't matter anyway. Westbro yet again is out of line and cruel to the bone. :( Wonder if all of us can pray them away from there? I mean why not? Why couldn't we all focus our prayers that they cannot get their for whatever reason..car trouble, etc. I am willing to give it a try.

God bless

Even better would be to pray that he/they see.

Fire7
Mar 15th 2011, 03:34 PM
I'm surprised that these people of Westboro are still alive??? They'd better be careful because they might march up on the wrong family one day. I think they are the prime example of people who have nothing better to do with their lives. Though, I feel bad for the little children they are brainwashing and using as shields.

notuptome
Mar 15th 2011, 10:13 PM
Westboro was a no show today at the funeral services. No place was found for them. The community rallied to make certain that the family had privacy to say good bye to their children.

Thank God it was a peaceful day in Perry county today.

Contributions to the family have exceded $100K people have been moved to help in an effort to comfort the Clouse family in this time of great tribulation. Remember when the press has moved on to another story these folks will still be living with the events of the past week.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

Vhayes
Mar 15th 2011, 10:16 PM
Thank you for sharing this. I am thankful the day turned out as it did.

V

Firefighter
Mar 15th 2011, 10:19 PM
Me thinks they have bigger concerns that children's funerals right now... ;)

Jeanne D
Mar 15th 2011, 10:35 PM
Westboro was a no show today at the funeral services. No place was found for them. The community rallied to make certain that the family had privacy to say good bye to their children.

Thank God it was a peaceful day in Perry county today.

Contributions to the family have exceded $100K people have been moved to help in an effort to comfort the Clouse family in this time of great tribulation. Remember when the press has moved on to another story these folks will still be living with the events of the past week.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

That's a relief.

Jeanne

notuptome
Mar 15th 2011, 11:34 PM
Me thinks they have bigger concerns that children's funerals right now... ;)
Ain't nothing like what awaits them in eternity. Sets up an interesting paradox. If they are saved then what will Christ say to them other than to remove all their rewards? If they are lost have they received the reprobate mind and the Spirit will no longer strive with them about their salvation.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

notuptome
Mar 15th 2011, 11:38 PM
It was tough to see the news footage of the seven white caskets lined up under the canopy awaiting internment. This family has a long way to go in the grieving process.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

Vhayes
Mar 16th 2011, 02:24 PM
It was tough to see the news footage of the seven white caskets lined up under the canopy awaiting internment. This family has a long way to go in the grieving process.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

Something like this is beyond my scope of understanding. No matter what you did, every day for the rest of your life you would have a memory of one of the children and it would open up all the pain all over again. Sure, time would lessen that pain but I cannot imagine that it would ever go completely away.

This family has been in my prayers.
V