PDA

View Full Version : Guardian angels?

Hunter121
Mar 13th 2011, 07:00 PM
Many people speculate that we all have a guardian angel, is this true, mother Teresa said she spoke to her guardian angel, (not catholic just saying) but I'm not sure, what do you all think

-SEEKING-
Mar 13th 2011, 07:16 PM
Well, my first question would be, is there scripture to support this idea?

Desperaux
Mar 13th 2011, 08:55 PM
Matthew 18:10
Beware that you donít look down on any of these little ones. For I tell you that in heaven their angels are always in the presence of my heavenly Father.

We have angels assigned to us from birth.

episkopos
Mar 13th 2011, 09:02 PM
I have felt or seen mine as a light and presence over my right shoulder, but when I turn, there is nothing there...just the light.

nzyr
Mar 13th 2011, 09:25 PM
We may have more than one.

But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool? Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation? (Hebrews 1:13-14)

Thorny Rose
Jan 26th 2019, 01:24 AM
The Bible doesn't support the idea or notion that everyone has a guardian angel. The Bible verse at Matthew 18:10 is referring to faithful angels being a continuous support system for servants of God. When Jesus was praying in the garden of Gethsemane just hours before his death at the hands of the Jewish religious leaders, "an angel from heaven appeared to him and strengthened him." This angel from heaven was not a "guardian angel". This angel was not Jesus' guardian angel; rather this angel from heaven came to give Jesus support and to strengthen Jesus to face a sacrificial death on a torture stake. The Bible does not say that faithful men and women had a personal angel. However, angels were always there to strengthen and spiritually support God's people in their time or hour of need , not save them from their trials, from dangers or future problems.

Jesus Christ, the apostle Paul, and true followers of Jesus Christ did not have guardian angels to protect them from harm or trials (Matthew 5:11, John 15:20, Acts 8:1, Matthew 10:23, Matthew 23:34, John 19:15, 2nd Corinthians 11:23-28).

Think about this: With all the natural disasters (Psunamis, hurricanes, mudslides, wildfires, and floods abuse and war) that have caused much destruction of property and sadly the lives of many. Where were those peoples guardian angel?

What about those innocent people who were murdered by terrorists who highjacked two airliners full of people and crashed them into the Twin Towers on 9/11 in New York?
On that same day another highjacked airliner was crashed into Pentagon and yet another airliner crashed into a field in Philadelphia, killing many innocent people.

Question: Where were those individual innocent peoples guardian angel? If there was such a thing as having a personal guardian angel, why didn't their guardian angel warn them in some way, form or fashion on that infamous day of 9/11? Or direct them to stay home that day? Or made it impossible for them to be on those airliners? Or to be in those Twin Towers and the Pentagon? Truth is there is no such thing as a personal guardian angel for each individual.

jayne
Jan 26th 2019, 02:05 AM
The OP is no longer here. This thread is 8 years old.

Will you please begin a thread here in Chat to Moderators and address it to jayne. CLICK HERE (https://bibleforums.org/forumdisplay.php/84-Chat-to-the-moderators)