PDA

View Full Version : Hurray For Permanent Daylight Savings Time!

Saved7
Mar 17th 2011, 04:52 PM
So Glad I live in Colorado!

http://www.dailycamera.com/boulder-county-news/ci_17630443?source=rss

Bill to put Colorado on permanent daylight saving time springs ahead

By Lynn Bartels, The Denver Post
Posted: 03/17/2011 08:16:28 AM MDT

Four days after most Americans lost an hour of sleep by moving their clocks forward one hour, a Colorado Senate committee voted to put the state on daylight saving time year-round.
Sen. Greg Brophy deliberately timed his bill to be heard this week when, he said, he knew people would be cranky about having to adjust their body clocks once again.
"Are you tired? Are your kids' schedules upset? Isn't it crazy we go through this twice a year?" he asked the Senate Agriculture and Natural Resources Committee. "I think it's time to stop this charade."
The Wray Republican said he likes the idea of staying on daylight saving time because Colorado is an outdoors state and people want more light in the evening instead of in the morning.
"The Broncos will have an extra hour of playing time in the daylight," Brophy added.
"Will they actually win?" Sen. Kevin Grantham, R-Caņon City, asked.
"I can't guarantee that," Brophy said, with a laugh.

Read more: Bill to put Colorado on permanent daylight saving time springs ahead - Boulder Daily Camera (http://www.dailycamera.com/boulder-county-news/ci_17630443?source=rss#ixzz1GsPIdP1L) http://www.dailycamera.com/boulder-county-news/ci_17630443?source=rss#ixzz1GsPIdP1L
DailyCamera.com

teddyv
Mar 17th 2011, 05:27 PM
I agree the change in this day and age is kind of silly, but I think I would just keep everything on standard time. Otherwise all our sundials will be out :)

notuptome
Mar 17th 2011, 05:42 PM
I'm holding out for the eternal day promised to those who enter the kingdom of God. There is no night there.

The rest of it is just an inconvenience to be endured until then.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

moonglow
Mar 18th 2011, 01:11 AM
Lucky! I wish they would do that here too...I so hate it. My body (blood sugar) has been a mess all week because of the time change. It takes my body a good week to adjust. My body is used to eating at certain times, going to sleep and waking at certain times and this just throws everything off big time for me. It seems each time change is harder and harder to adjust too also. :( Why did they start doing this in the first place..I so hate it.

Dani H
Mar 18th 2011, 02:08 AM
I just wish there was consistency.

Still better than it was before they standardized time zones and went by sun dials ...

Phish
Mar 18th 2011, 02:22 AM
I wish all you guys would keep your clocks the same.:lol:

Its so hard when One day someone is two hours ahead then the next day you guys are three hours ahead and thats just the west coast.

Oh well, thats the price we pay for living in Paradise where the time never changes.

moonglow
Mar 18th 2011, 02:40 AM
I wish all you guys would keep your clocks the same.:lol:

Its so hard when One day someone is two hours ahead then the next day you guys are three hours ahead and thats just the west coast.

Oh well, thats the price we pay for living in Paradise where the time never changes.

Yea and I wish you lived close enough for me to egg your house...heh.

;)

Phish
Mar 18th 2011, 03:05 AM

;)

Eggs with Phish Sauce I bet.:D

mattlad22
Mar 18th 2011, 05:35 AM

;)

I have official put an egg in my freezer for safe keeping, I reserve the right to take this egg from my freezer upon traveling to Hawaii and hunting down Phish while im on vacation.
Any damage to property or poop from birds massing over the actions performed when I do find you, is strictly destiny and I cannot be pointed to fault.

Signed Mladdy

Please sign here Phish: .
Thank you for your cooperation.

Phish
Mar 18th 2011, 05:48 AM
I have official put an egg in my freezer for safe keeping, I reserve the right to take this egg from my freezer upon traveling to Hawaii and hunting down Phish while im on vacation.
Any damage to property or poop from birds massing over the actions performed when I do find you, is strictly destiny and I cannot be pointed to fault.

Signed Mladdy

Please sign here Phish: .
Thank you for your cooperation.

we sell eggs here you know, some good ones like Kapolei Eggs "they mo bettah"

Liquid Tension
Mar 18th 2011, 05:56 AM
we sell eggs here you know, some good ones like Kapolei Eggs "they mo bettah"

We could just catch some chickens in Ewa Beach and bury their freshly laid eggs in the ground for a few weeks. That way our eggs will have a more "aromatic" flavor to them for the egging contest. Come on, bring it on!! Auright!! :lol:

Phish
Mar 18th 2011, 06:01 AM
We could just catch some chickens in Ewa Beach and bury their freshly laid eggs in the ground for a few weeks. That way our eggs will have a more "aromatic" flavor to them for the egging contest. Come on, bring it on!! Auright!! :lol:

I can't wait, They are talking this time change thing a little serious don't you think

Liquid Tension
Mar 18th 2011, 06:05 AM
I can't wait, They are talking this time change thing a little serious don't you think

:lol:

I got some surgical tubing and a small net basket. We can launch our eggs from that, get some distance. How many coconuts do you have??

Phish
Mar 18th 2011, 06:09 AM

I got some surgical tubing and a small net basket. We can launch our eggs from that, get some distance. How many coconuts do you have??

Those are awesome, we used one down at the beach one time to launch water balloons, all the way accross the park. I would love to try it with eggs. If we did it with coconuts I think we might be able to reach them from here. We have plenty coocnuts

Liquid Tension
Mar 18th 2011, 06:12 AM
Those are awesome, we used one down at the beach one time to launch water balloons, all the way accross the park. I would love to try it with eggs. If we did it with coconuts I think we might be able to reach them from here. We have plenty coocnuts

You know, we could also fill some balloons with natto........that with fermented eggs should be interesting.

mattlad22
Mar 18th 2011, 06:14 AM
Just try it!!

Runs outside and starts making snowballs!!

You will suffer my Canadian wrath of coldness!!!

And Phish.....seriously.....i didnt even think of just using eggs from there.... ><

Phish
Mar 18th 2011, 06:15 AM
You know, we could also fill some balloons with natto........that with fermented eggs should be interesting.

Nasty, whoa. I don't think they would come back if we did that.

mattlad22
Mar 18th 2011, 06:18 AM
Nasty, whoa. I don't think they would come back if we did that.

Id forgive ya if you showed me a sweet fishing spot...I wouldnt even complain about the smell if you did!

Liquid Tension
Mar 18th 2011, 07:46 AM
Id forgive ya if you showed me a sweet fishing spot...I wouldnt even complain about the smell if you did!

:hmm: That could be arranged.

Saved7
Mar 18th 2011, 01:57 PM

;)

:rofl: I'm with her! :lol: Hawaii....color me green.

Saved7
Mar 18th 2011, 01:59 PM

I think it's the paradise/Hawaii thing their taking seriously. *"hey! Somebody give me an egg!"*

Dani H
Mar 18th 2011, 03:36 PM
Does anybody know what time it is??

PEANUTBUTTERJELLYTIME

http://peanutbutterjellytime.net/peanut-butter-jelly-time.gif

RabbiKnife
Mar 18th 2011, 03:53 PM
Does anybody know what time it is??

PEANUTBUTTERJELLYTIME

http://peanutbutterjellytime.net/peanut-butter-jelly-time.gif

FRIED PBJ&B time.....

Phish
Mar 18th 2011, 04:04 PM
FRIED PBJ&B time.....

That sounds good, well maybe i would leave the J out.

Has anyone had a Bananna Lumpia?

Firefighter
Mar 18th 2011, 04:05 PM
I am planning on throwing ostrich eggs...

I have quite a reputation with waffles, so I thought I would move up to eggs. :P

RabbiKnife
Mar 18th 2011, 04:08 PM
I am planning on throwing ostrich eggs...

I have quite a reputation with waffles, so I thought I would move up to eggs. :P

You worked out the ballistics on that yet? Someone aberrant aerodynamic profile. And very different from your previous Eggo experience...

Firefighter
Mar 18th 2011, 04:28 PM
I can't seem to work out the ballistic coefficient for an egg. I guess I will just have to "trial and error" it...

Firefighter
Mar 18th 2011, 04:40 PM
As it turns out, the ballistics look better for a smaller egg at higher velocity...

H8bvViqotrM

RabbiKnife
Mar 18th 2011, 04:45 PM
If you go with the ostrich egg, you are going to need a British naval 9 pounder and a barrel of black powder...

moonglow
Mar 18th 2011, 04:51 PM

Of course we are...we are tired and grumpy sleep shorted people...what did you expect? If I ever go to Hawaii I will find you....bawhahahaha...me and my eggs. :D

Oh I have a better idea..I will just mail you some rotten eggs...now what is your address?

heh

:monkeyd:

Firefighter
Mar 18th 2011, 04:51 PM
Nah. I was able to find out the average size. The average ostrich egg is 7.1 inches long, 5.5 inches wide and weighs in at 2.7 lbs.

Maybe one of our resident rocket scientists can give me a trajectory for it...

RabbiKnife
Mar 18th 2011, 04:59 PM
Nah. I was able to find out the average size. The average ostrich egg is 7.1 inches long, 5.5 inches wide and weighs in at 2.7 lbs.

Maybe one of our resident rocket scientists can give me a trajectory for it...

Wonder if you could build a sabot for it?

Firefighter
Mar 18th 2011, 05:01 PM
Oh sure. That would be easy. Finding a tank big enough to hold enough air would be the trick. IF you could find one. I bet you could shoot one all the way through a house!!! :yes:

RabbiKnife
Mar 18th 2011, 05:12 PM
Oh sure. That would be easy. Finding a tank big enough to hold enough air would be the trick. IF you could find one. I bet you could shoot one all the way through a house!!! :yes:

You could borry one from the punkin' chunkin' fellers.....

They don't need them in the off season...

ProjectPeter
Mar 18th 2011, 05:21 PM
This isn't a derail.... it's a KIDNAPPING! :lol:

Firefighter
Mar 18th 2011, 05:32 PM
Moonglow started it!!! :lol:

Phish
Mar 18th 2011, 05:47 PM
Moonglow started it!!! :lol:

She did alright, caught her egghanded

moonglow
Mar 18th 2011, 05:51 PM
She did alright, caught her egghanded

:o me? I never start anything...;)

You are the one that came on here smarting off about how great things are there making us all jealous of you not having to suffer from time changes twice a year like the rest of us...:P

Liquid Tension
Mar 18th 2011, 05:53 PM
Hey Phish, I think we can bribe Firefighter to our side. I heard he's kinda easy............you think a barrel of Zippy's chili would do??

Phish
Mar 18th 2011, 05:57 PM
Hey Phish, I think we can bribe Firefighter to our side. I heard he's kinda easy............you think a barrel of Zippy's chili would do??

Either that or Hamburger steak Plate Gravy on the rice

moonglow
Mar 18th 2011, 06:01 PM

FF cannot save you.....

Liquid Tension
Mar 18th 2011, 06:03 PM
Either that or Hamburger steak Plate Gravy on the rice

Mmm, yes........the question would be from where. I like the Hamburger Steak from Kristen's Kitchen in Waipahu.......maybe do a mixed plate with the Spicy Chicken Katsu from there.

Liquid Tension
Mar 18th 2011, 06:04 PM
FF cannot save you.....

We're upping the ante as we type. :D

Phish
Mar 18th 2011, 06:09 PM
Mmm, yes........the question would be from where. I like the Hamburger Steak from Kristen's Kitchen in Waipahu.......maybe do a mixed plate with the Spicy Chicken Katsu from there.

Thats a good plan

Liquid Tension
Mar 18th 2011, 06:12 PM
Thats a good plan

I'm also thinking of dangling a couple of pounds of Wasabi-Shoyu Ahi poke in addition to the Hamb. steak.........although I don't know if he would eat raw fish. Need to think a bit more about this one.

Phish
Mar 18th 2011, 06:17 PM
I'm also thinking of dangling a couple of pounds of Wasabi-Shoyu Ahi poke in addition to the Hamb. steak.........although I don't know if he would eat raw fish. Need to think a bit more about this one.

I picture him as more of a Kalua Pua type, Man i could go for some right now

Liquid Tension
Mar 18th 2011, 06:19 PM
I picture him as more of a Kalua Pua type, Man i could go for some right now

Ahh yes!! OK, we'll keep the poke for ourselves then.

Phish
Mar 18th 2011, 06:19 PM
I don't think we have anything to worry about anyway, with our launcher and special eggs not to mention we have more daylight than they do we should be pretty much unscathed.

moonglow
Mar 18th 2011, 06:21 PM
I think bribing mods on this forum is breaking some kind of rule...you two should be locked up! Its illegal AND immoral...shame, shame...!

You get a break from me for awhile anyway since I gotta go do some stuff..but I will be checking and watching you all...:cool::spin:

Liquid Tension
Mar 18th 2011, 06:22 PM
I don't think we have anything to worry about anyway, with out launcher and special eggs not to mention we have more daylight than they do we should be pretty much unscathed.

Good point. So where shall we set up home base??

Liquid Tension
Mar 18th 2011, 06:23 PM
I think bribing mods on this forum is breaking some kind of rule...you two should be locked up! Its illegal AND immoral...shame, shame...!

You get a break from me for awhile anyway since I gotta go do some stuff..but I will be checking and watching you all...:cool::spin:

But it is food, so I think there is a loophole there. :P

Phish
Mar 18th 2011, 06:28 PM
Good point. So where shall we set up home base??

We could take the High Ground in Hilo, or Just let'em have it on the Plains of Ewa, (hey this is starting to sound biblical) The Battle of Ewagedan, we will be surrounded but victorious

Liquid Tension
Mar 18th 2011, 06:29 PM
We could take the High Ground in Hilo, or Just let'em have on the Plains of Ewa, (hey this is starting to sound biblical) The Battle of Ewagedan, we will be surrounded but victorious

So it is said, so it shall be done. :lol:

RabbiKnife
Mar 18th 2011, 06:54 PM

FireFighter does not eat bait.

A whole pig in the ground. He's all over that.

mattlad22
Mar 18th 2011, 07:16 PM
We could take the High Ground in Hilo, or Just let'em have it on the Plains of Ewa, (hey this is starting to sound biblical) The Battle of Ewagedan, we will be surrounded but victorious

If im required to climb something to get at you guys rather then roaming the crystal waters in search of adventure....you already have me defeated.

Phish
Mar 18th 2011, 07:42 PM
FireFighter does not eat bait.

A whole pig in the ground. He's all over that.

Poke is the bomb

But there's nothing like a good emu to fire up a pig

Saved7
Mar 18th 2011, 09:39 PM
This isn't a derail.... it's a KIDNAPPING! :lol:

:rofl: That's alright, it wasn't exactly a serious kind of post anyway....I say let the kids have their fun!:pp

Saved7
Mar 18th 2011, 09:42 PM
Poke is the bomb

Wait a minute! How did we go from throwing eggs to eating whole pigs?! I don't even think there's a word for what just happened to this thread...this goes way beyond derailment and kidnapping.:lol:

:hmm: if it's warm enough this weekend, I might fire up that grill for some ribs!:pp

mattlad22
Mar 18th 2011, 09:47 PM
Saving time makes me feel like a hero!

hmmmm, cape and spandex or mask and super swesomer body suit of plated perfectionist'tist armor of sparkling supendor?

Tough decisions....

moonglow
Mar 18th 2011, 09:57 PM
Poke is the bomb

Yes we heard about the strange eating habits you all have over there...which is why you are stuck out in the middle of the ocean...far, far away from the rest of us...heh.

Phish
Mar 18th 2011, 10:26 PM
Wait a minute! How did we go from throwing eggs to eating whole pigs?! I don't even think there's a word for what just happened to this thread...this goes way beyond derailment and kidnapping.:lol:

:hmm: if it's warm enough this weekend, I might fire up that grill for some ribs!:pp

we are using the pig as compensation to bribe Firefighter to join us to throw eggs at you guys in the "Battle of Ewageden" on the plains of Ewa in which we are prophesied to win.

Phish
Mar 18th 2011, 10:27 PM
Yes we heard about the strange eating habits you all have over there...which is why you are stuck out in the middle of the ocean...far, far away from the rest of us...heh.

We heard about your strange eating habits as well, come on Taco Bell?, what kind of food is that?

mattlad22
Mar 18th 2011, 10:30 PM
We heard about your strange eating habits as well, come on Taco Bell?, what kind of food is that?

Its not a food its a medical device used for cleaning out ones "dirty tubes" 8)

moonglow
Mar 18th 2011, 10:59 PM

It must be good cause a dog talks ...so you know miracles are happening here...:lol: All you have is dead pigs. ha

g6fwT2z6cTA

Saved7
Mar 18th 2011, 11:02 PM
we are using the pig as compensation to bribe Firefighter to join us to throw eggs at you guys in the "Battle of Ewageden" on the plains of Ewa in which we are prophesied to win.

Prophesied to win huh??:lol::lol:

Firefighter
Mar 18th 2011, 11:59 PM
Deep-pit a pig and I am in. Save your hamburger, unless the population of whitetails has exploded in the last 20 years.

Firefighter
Mar 19th 2011, 12:02 AM
Hey Rabbi... come join the Dark Side!!!

Looky what we have over here!!!

http://media.erincooks.com/images/bacon/bacon3.jpg

I already have your weapon ready for you...

http://meatcandy.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/bacon-rifle.jpg?w=450&h=270

Saved7
Mar 19th 2011, 12:16 AM

:rofl: oh gosh, I hope he has a good sense of humor. :lol:

moonglow
Mar 19th 2011, 12:26 AM

More bribing going on I see...:rolleyes: you need to re-watch star wars...and learn the lesson on how something ought not to be done, Darth Vader.....:cool:

Firefighter
Mar 19th 2011, 12:38 AM
:rofl: oh gosh, I hope he has a good sense of humor. :lol:

Not only does he have a good sense of humor, he has an insatiable appetite for bacon!!!

Liquid Tension
Mar 19th 2011, 12:46 AM

Which is also why we don't have to change our clocks twice a year. :P

Liquid Tension
Mar 19th 2011, 12:50 AM
Hey Phish, I've started digging the hole for the emu pit. Just gotta get the pig. Come and get FF and RK!! Just for you!

Phish
Mar 19th 2011, 12:52 AM
Hey Phish, I've started digging the hole for the emu pit. Just gotta get the pig. Come and get FF and RK!! Just for you!

time to go hunting.:D

Liquid Tension
Mar 19th 2011, 12:59 AM
time to go hunting.:D

Cool. I'll go fishing at the harbor here. Maybe I can catch a couple of nice sized papio's. Also need to go and raid my friends hen house for eggs. :D

Phish
Mar 19th 2011, 01:03 AM
Cool. I'll go fishing at the harbor here. Maybe I can catch a couple of nice sized papio's. Also need to go and raid my friends hen house for eggs. :D

sounds like we shoul just go full on Luau

Liquid Tension
Mar 19th 2011, 01:07 AM
sounds like we shoul just go full on Luau

:hmm: That does sound like a good idea. Would that be before the egging or after??

Phish
Mar 19th 2011, 01:09 AM
:hmm: That does sound like a good idea. Would that be before the egging or after??

I would say after, gotta show aloha

Firefighter
Mar 19th 2011, 01:09 AM
Not a shot shall be fired until the belly is full. ;)

Liquid Tension
Mar 19th 2011, 01:12 AM
I would say after, gotta show aloha

Then we're all set. Auright!!

Phish
Mar 19th 2011, 01:13 AM

You get a private table before the beatin..... I mean Egging occurs

Liquid Tension
Mar 19th 2011, 01:15 AM
And lookie here, a double

Firefighter
Mar 19th 2011, 01:20 AM
We HAVE to wait on Rabbi...

Liquid Tension
Mar 19th 2011, 01:22 AM

Wait on or wait for..............

moonglow
Mar 19th 2011, 04:02 AM
Which is also why we don't have to change our clocks twice a year. :P

oh my! you are just asking for it aren't you buddy...:cool:

Just you wait...:note:

moonglow
Mar 19th 2011, 04:03 AM

so the menu changed from pig to rabbit now? heh

Phish
Mar 19th 2011, 04:07 AM
so the menu changed from pig to rabbit now? heh

It would still be better than Taco Bell, but we don't have rabbit's. Could go with mongoose I suppose