PDA

View Full Version : Could this be an image of Jesus?

catlover
Apr 3rd 2011, 05:02 PM
Archeological find 100 miles from where the Dead Sea Scrolls were found.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1372741/Hidden-cave-First-portrait-Jesus-1-70-ancient-books.html

IMINXTC
Apr 3rd 2011, 07:01 PM
Somehow looks lion-ish to me. Lion of the tribe of Judah, perhaps?

FoG
Apr 3rd 2011, 07:09 PM
Somehow looks lion-ish to me. Lion of the tribe of Judah, perhaps?

Exactly what I was going to say. Looks more like a lion than a human face to me.

NewInHim
Apr 3rd 2011, 08:02 PM
Not sure about the image, but I've been reading about these books the past week or so, and they seem exciting! It will be interesting to see what is discovered as they are researched. The image does look like it could be a human face, maybe with a crown of thorns even, but I can see how it could be a lion, as well, or something completely different. :) Not sure if people were making representational art of Jesus in that time frame, would be interesting to find out...

mattlad22
Apr 3rd 2011, 09:31 PM
Every article ive seen on these books, refrences Revelation in connection with the books being sealed.
I'd like to know exactly where they are getting this connection, I do not see any books being symbolically or literally sealed in Revelations.
More and more from every article i'm coming to the understanding that they are putting alot of effort into hyping these books up for some reason.

Agree'd though, looks like anything though if you look at it for awhile lol.

Fenris
Apr 4th 2011, 12:25 PM
Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. Even the article you cite isn't sure that this is a Christian relic.

Nihil Obstat
Apr 4th 2011, 02:39 PM
Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. Even the article you cite isn't sure that this is a Christian relic.

Yeah, that'd be embarrassing if it was Bar Kochba... :P

Fenris
Apr 4th 2011, 02:45 PM
Yeah, that'd be embarrassing if it was Bar Kochba... :P

Nah, would still be an important historical relic.

Fenris
Apr 4th 2011, 02:49 PM
Uhhh weirdly enough there are some allegations that they are forgeries.

http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2011/aprilweb-only/metalplates.html

RabbiKnife
Apr 4th 2011, 03:53 PM
That looks more like a portrait of Brian to me....

Fenris
Apr 4th 2011, 03:59 PM
That looks more like a portrait of Brian to me....

I'm Brian, and so's my wife!

Diggindeeper
Apr 4th 2011, 05:02 PM
Its Fenris! :o..........

Fenris
Apr 4th 2011, 05:18 PM
Its Fenris! :o..........

As foretold by Nostradamus!

Fenris
Apr 4th 2011, 06:04 PM
An Oxford academic is willing to stake his career that these are forgeries.

notuptome
Apr 4th 2011, 07:31 PM
An Oxford academic is willing to stake his career that these are forgeries.
I suspect his reputation is quite safe.

What possible reason would God have to leave an image of Christ for men to worship in place of the genuine article? God has withheld many artifacts from men that they do not become idols of worship. God is merciful.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

IMINXTC
Apr 4th 2011, 08:24 PM
Unreasonable facsimile....

Hunter121
Apr 4th 2011, 09:32 PM
Are we all looking at the same thing? Looks like some kind of monkey with horns :D

notuptome
Apr 4th 2011, 10:15 PM
I'm quite certain that Jesus will recognize me before I see Him. Thomas knew Him right away. So look at His wounded side and His nail scarred hands.

I wonder if any of these who claim to know the image of Jesus have ever read the scripture that says His visage was marred more than any man? Isa 52:14

For the cause of Christ
Roger

Realist1981
Apr 5th 2011, 03:42 AM
like the first couple of replies stated the first thing that came to my
mind when I saw this picture is that it looks like a lion. Outside of that there's really nothing more to see here