PDA

View Full Version : Record Shattering Weather everywhere

moonglow
Apr 26th 2011, 01:42 AM
There have already been 292 reported tornadoes in April alone.

This was on the ABC world news this evening..http://abcnews.go.com/WN/
The video there probably will change tomorrow...for the fuller story go here: http://abcnews.go.com/US/tornado-destruction-st-louis-residents-clean-storm/story?id=13448961

There are several video's there plus the news story on the different storm damage recently.

God bless

quiet dove
Apr 26th 2011, 12:59 PM
I was hearing some of the numbers on the news, gobs of tornadoes.

student of the Lamb
Apr 26th 2011, 01:24 PM
Living in the midwest all my life I have never ever seen the likes of the amount of rain and thunderstorms that we have experienced. It will takes weeks for my yard to dry out to where I can mow some parts. Water is standing everywhere and I do believe that many farmers will not be able to plant corn and will have to wait until later and plant soy beans. Fields are just far too flooded and will need weeks before tractors can go in. Fields should have already been planted. This follows an extremely cold, hard, long winter which followed an extremely dry summer that had no burn ordinances in place.

moonglow
Apr 26th 2011, 10:23 PM
Living in the midwest all my life I have never ever seen the likes of the amount of rain and thunderstorms that we have experienced. It will takes weeks for my yard to dry out to where I can mow some parts. Water is standing everywhere and I do believe that many farmers will not be able to plant corn and will have to wait until later and plant soy beans. Fields are just far too flooded and will need weeks before tractors can go in. Fields should have already been planted. This follows an extremely cold, hard, long winter which followed an extremely dry summer that had no burn ordinances in place.

That wasn't too smart of someone to not have burn ordinances in effect...:rolleyes: They have here because its been so dry and we have been having alot of fires. Now we finally got some real rain yesterday and getting more this evening..minus the severe stuff...thank the Lord for that! All the severe stuff has been north and east of us. I really thought we would get hard this spring with severe weather because we had it mild last spring...but so far all the severe stuff is missing us. Been really praying for these people too...:pray:

God bless

amazzin
Apr 27th 2011, 01:08 AM
I think you meant the "world" and not just the "USA".

There have already been 292 reported tornadoes in April alone.

This was on the ABC world news this evening..http://abcnews.go.com/WN/
The video there probably will change tomorrow...for the fuller story go here: http://abcnews.go.com/US/tornado-destruction-st-louis-residents-clean-storm/story?id=13448961

There are several video's there plus the news story on the different storm damage recently.

God bless

moonglow
Apr 27th 2011, 01:42 AM
I think you meant the "world" and not just the "USA".

They didn't say anything about tornadoes elsewhere but the US though...and I copied the title from them too. Rarely do I ever hear of tornado's elsewhere anyway which is kind of strange actually. Don't other places get tornado's? :hmm:

Hunter121
Apr 27th 2011, 03:31 AM
Yes, I live in Tennessee, and I don't think there has been a day this week, where we havent had a tornado warning in our state.

Cornflake
Apr 27th 2011, 06:02 AM
Hurricane season hasn't started either.

:pray:

student of the Lamb
Apr 27th 2011, 12:08 PM
I must have been asleep when I typed that last message. I did mean to say that they did have "no burn" ordinances in effect. Winds were far too high and conditions were too hot and dry to allow burning of any kind. A spark could and has burnt up large acreage in just a few minutes.

moonglow
Apr 27th 2011, 02:58 PM
Its good to hear from others in other states and what they are experiencing. Thanks all.

We got more rain yesterday and over night! yeah! Really, really needed it. Like I said we have been having alot of fires and here Prairie fires can get out of control very quickly. Though its been nothing like the fires they are having in Texas which are just as bad and just as fast moving.

That is ok student of the lamb...thanks for correcting that! :)

I know more tornadoes' have hit areas and homes again last night and the night before. Its an everyday event now it seems. :( I don't know if I should post links on here every time a town is hit or not.:hmm:..I would say be in prayer when you see those weather warnings going up even if its not local. People are losing their homes..business...lives due to these tornadoes and flooding. Also the hails been really bad too. Just pray for their safety while we go through this spring season. And yea..I hate to see what Hurricane season is going to bring. :(

God bless

Uncle Bud
Apr 27th 2011, 03:02 PM
Yes, I live in Tennessee, and I don't think there has been a day this week, where we havent had a tornado warning in our state.
Me too. Getting like Dorothy and Toto here.

moonglow
Apr 27th 2011, 03:22 PM
Link (http://wildfire.gigya.com/facebook/preview.aspx?fb_sig_api_key=f7667e9ebccf2157d6f15f 991a5e3ce9&wid=531555261&p=bHQ9MTMwMzkxNjgyMTEwOSZwdD*xMzAzOTE2ODI3NTYyJnA9 MTI1ODQxMSZkPUFCQ*5ld3NfU*ZQX*xvY2tlX*VtYmVkJm49Zm FjZWJvb2smZz*yJm89MTQ1YzdjYTU5ODA3NDRiNzg4OWZiZjM3 OWVlYTJkNDAmb2Y9MA%3D%3D&s=1) to a video where more tornadoes hit last night

They said 45 tornado's hit five states last night..they also talk about flooding and lightening striking nine people but don't say if those people lived or not.

FoG
Apr 27th 2011, 03:30 PM
Tornado warnings last night and today, and schools are closed. I am afraid we are heading towards having the same kind of flooding here in TN that we had last year at this time.

moonglow
Apr 27th 2011, 03:35 PM
Tornado warnings last night and today, and schools are closed. I am afraid we are heading towards having the same kind of flooding here in TN that we had last year at this time.

:( I will keep you and your area in my prayers..:pray:

moonglow
Apr 27th 2011, 03:41 PM
Just an added note...those that don't have insurance on the contents of your home (or insurance on your home if you own it) need to get it as soon as possible! If you rent you can get renters insurance. This will help you replace lost furniture, appliances, clothes, etc for you and your family. So many lose their homes and contents in fires and other disasters then have no way of replacing it and have to depend on others to help them out. With so many in need in these areas, there won't be enough donations to go around...at least not very quickly. Get flood insurance even if you aren't in a high risk area (though my understanding is, if you are in a high risk area many times insurance companies won't cover it).

Renters insurance on your contents is very inexpensive. If you don't need to use it this year..you might next year...you just never know. I have renters insurance because there is no way I could possibly replace a refrigerator..a stove...washer and dryer, TV...not too mention the furniture..even if it was second hand.

God bless

FoG
Apr 27th 2011, 06:15 PM
:( I will keep you and your area in my prayers..:pray:

:hug::hug: Thanks!

teddyv
Apr 27th 2011, 07:41 PM
Just an added note...those that don't have insurance on the contents of your home (or insurance on your home if you own it) need to get it as soon as possible! If you rent you can get renters insurance. This will help you replace lost furniture, appliances, clothes, etc for you and your family. So many lose their homes and contents in fires and other disasters then have no way of replacing it and have to depend on others to help them out. With so many in need in these areas, there won't be enough donations to go around...at least not very quickly. Get flood insurance even if you aren't in a high risk area (though my understanding is, if you are in a high risk area many times insurance companies won't cover it).

Renters insurance on your contents is very inexpensive. If you don't need to use it this year..you might next year...you just never know. I have renters insurance because there is no way I could possibly replace a refrigerator..a stove...washer and dryer, TV...not too mention the furniture..even if it was second hand.

God bless

Good advice. Also factor in the costs to house yourself and family in a hotel or something for a period of time, not just your contents value.

moonglow
Apr 27th 2011, 09:53 PM
I just got this in my email as a new alert: National Weather Service issues "dangerous situation" tornado watch for parts of Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi.

A "particularly dangerous situation watch" is issued when there is a high risk of multiple strong tornadoes

So be in prayer for these people please! :pray:

Good advice. Also factor in the costs to house yourself and family in a hotel or something for a period of time, not just your contents value.

Good idea..I haven't thought of that. I know the Red Cross tries to put up families for a couple of day ...but when there is a wide spread disaster that is when they have to put them in shelters. So its a shelter with cases like natural disasters or having that extra insurance for a hotel (though who knows how quickly a claim could be processed)...hopefully all that information isn't destroyed in the home but I think even if it was, the insurance company should have that information on file for people. My most important paper items are always in my purse..things I need to have..so when we have to go to the basement when the tornado sirens go off I just take my purse with me.

FoG

Re: Record Shattering Weather Hammers U.S.
Quote Originally Posted by moonglow View Post
I will keep you and your area in my prayers..
Thanks!

You are welcome. You can post prayer requests too on our prayer forum if the situation gets really bad...that way everyone will see and be praying for you and your family (and the town of course).

God bless

student of the Lamb
Apr 27th 2011, 10:27 PM
After weeks of rain in southern Illinois the rain has no where left to go. They are talking about even busting open a dyke in the Cairo area to relieve pressure on the levee in other areas. It will, of course, flood farm land and probably affect that land for farming and the ground will become polluted.

Here, 90 miles north of Cairo water is standing everywhere. WE have have several weeks of rains with little breaks but not much. I do not believe we have had any breaks over the last week or so. The local church association is asking for volunteers for sand bagging in some areas.

I do believe that if it were to stop raining today that it would be the end of may/early June before the ground is fully dried out. The one thing that would change that is that quite often southern Illinois does not get a spring as such. We just go straight from heating our homes to cooling our homes. If that were to happen, then things might dry somewhat faster.

I think these most recent rains have pretty well killed off any hopes of corn crops this year. Corn is already high and will be much higher now. There are about 4,000 things in the local Walmart that use corn in some way. Just another way that the inflation will go up.

Firefighter
Apr 27th 2011, 11:27 PM
The county just put us on their highest alert level until late tomorrow morning. We have funnel clouds roaming around and damage reports coming in and the big stuff hasn't even got here yet. :o

moonglow
Apr 27th 2011, 11:42 PM
News alert!Gov. Robert Bentley: Authorities in Alabama have unconfirmed reports of at least 12 deaths as a result of severe storms. (http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/04/27/severe.weather/index.html?hpt=T1) :(

After weeks of rain in southern Illinois the rain has no where left to go. They are talking about even busting open a dyke in the Cairo area to relieve pressure on the levee in other areas. It will, of course, flood farm land and probably affect that land for farming and the ground will become polluted.

Here, 90 miles north of Cairo water is standing everywhere. WE have have several weeks of rains with little breaks but not much. I do not believe we have had any breaks over the last week or so. The local church association is asking for volunteers for sand bagging in some areas.

I do believe that if it were to stop raining today that it would be the end of may/early June before the ground is fully dried out. The one thing that would change that is that quite often southern Illinois does not get a spring as such. We just go straight from heating our homes to cooling our homes. If that were to happen, then things might dry somewhat faster.

I think these most recent rains have pretty well killed off any hopes of corn crops this year. Corn is already high and will be much higher now. There are about 4,000 things in the local Walmart that use corn in some way. Just another way that the inflation will go up.

I heard about this on the news and that they were going to go to court over it because of course the farmers don't want their fields flooded. I guess I would go with flooding the fields over a town.

Firefighter

The county just put us on their highest alert level until late tomorrow morning. We have funnel clouds roaming around and damage reports coming in and the big stuff hasn't even got here yet.

I forgot what state you live in..I know its southern...keep us posted! I will keep you and your family in my prayers...things are really bad right now...many tornado's..alot of damage in Birmingham, Alabama..even their emergency services was hit. :(

God bless

FoG
Apr 28th 2011, 12:41 AM
This is just crazy! Lord help those people in Birmingham.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcM4--k5c_w&feature=share

Toymom
Apr 28th 2011, 12:56 AM
We have had storms for the past 4 days and lots of tornados in the area, but luckily none in my immediate vicinity. We did lose some tree branches - huge ones, and the roofers are having a great time scheduling jobs in our neighborhood due to hail damage. They said they think we qualify for a new roof. We will have the ins. people check and see.

student of the Lamb
Apr 28th 2011, 01:12 PM
At least 178 people have been killed from tornadoes in the last 24 hours. This total may go up as they begin to search the debris. The total of tornadoes this month has shattered (shattered is not even a good word) the monthly record of 267. So far this month there have been 808 tornadoes. I hear those people continue to say that we are not seeing an increase in numbers and severity of natural disasters but I would have to say that when a record is shattered in such a way that God has to be sending a message somewhere. I do not buy the theory that mother nature is not God.

ProjectPeter
Apr 28th 2011, 01:18 PM
At least 178 people have been killed from tornadoes in the last 24 hours. This total may go up as they begin to search the debris. The total of tornadoes this month has shattered (shattered is not even a good word) the monthly record of 267. So far this month there have been 808 tornadoes. I hear those people continue to say that we are not seeing an increase in numbers and severity of natural disasters but I would have to say that when a record is shattered in such a way that God has to be sending a message somewhere. I do not buy the theory that mother nature is not God.
One of the few folks that I have no doubt operate in the prophetic said in Febuary'ish that this would be a horrible Spring with tornado's, fires, and flood. It was called God's judgment and not Mother Nature as well... so yes, I agree... there is a message in this. Big question... is anyone hearing it? I dare say that most will continue to attribute all of this to Mother Nature (likely just going to grate God even more) as everyone goes on about "hey, Tornado's happen all the time and this is just another cycle" etc. Call it a hunch on my part but I'd bet the farm that I'm right if I had a farm to bet!

teddyv
Apr 28th 2011, 02:48 PM
And here I was complaining about all the rain we've been getting.

mattlad22
Apr 28th 2011, 02:56 PM
And here I was complaining about all the rain we've been getting.

You too? we have been getting alot of rain, alot of water coverage over the land so far this spring. Tornado's and suspected tornado's are hiting south, up north here while its extremely rare, we do get 1 or 2 small tornado's every few years, have to wait and see.

teddyv
Apr 28th 2011, 03:01 PM
You too? we have been getting alot of rain, alot of water coverage over the land so far this spring. Tornado's and suspected tornado's are hiting south, up north here while its extremely rare, we do get 1 or 2 small tornado's every few years, have to wait and see.

No tornado risk out west, but the mountains have still been getting snow accumulation due to cool temps and lots of precip. I think this year is one of the latest ever that the ski hills have been able to operate. Hopefully the snowmelt won't cause too many problems of flooding later this spring.

moonglow
Apr 28th 2011, 03:36 PM
This is awful. :cry: I would rather show compassion on these people then say God's wrath is on them for some unknown reason and they deserve this PP. I think its cruel to say that actually. In every country, in every nation in this world there are sinners that deserve His wrath..I don't think its right to blame God when bad things happen..especially when we hear of miracles among the tragedies. In the OT the prophets would go directly to the people and tell them exactly what sins they were committing and what God said would happen if they didn't stop it and turn back to Him. Unless a prophet walked through these towns and told these people what they were doing wrong and to repent and turn to God or this would happen...I seriously doubt its His wrath on them. Whatever it is...we should grieve for these people and pray for them. Maybe in this they will find Him, if they haven't already. But its pretty tough to tell people with dead loved ones that God did this because He loves them.

Storm death toll soars to 231 (http://www.cnn.com/)

Southern storms: 'I don't know how anyone survived' (http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/04/28/severe.weather/index.html?hpt=T1&iref=BN1)

Tuscaloosa, Alabama (CNN) -- Daylight illuminated a scene of utter devastation across many areas of the South Thursday, following storms of near-epic proportions that killed as many as 231 people in six states.

The vast majority of fatalities occurred in Alabama, where as many as 149 people perished, although Gov. Robert Bentley told reporters Thursday there were 131 confirmed deaths.

A breakdown provided by Bentley's office showed that violent weather claimed lives in 16 Alabama counties. Thirty people perished in DeKalb County in northeastern Alabama; the death toll in the hard-hit city of Tuscaloosa, in west-central Alabama, was at 36 as of Thursday morning, said Mayor Walter Maddox.

"I don't know how anyone survived," Maddox said. "We're used to tornadoes here in Tuscaloosa. It's part of growing up. But when you look at the path of destruction that's likely 5 to 7 miles long in an area half a mile to a mile wide ... it's an amazing scene. There's parts of the city I don't recognize, and that's someone that's lived here his entire life."

Severe weather across South could set tornado record, experts say (http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/04/28/tornado.outbreak/index.html?hpt=T1)

- A widespread outbreak of severe weather across the Deep South may be one for the record books, as the National Weather Service received reports of more than 150 tornadoes.

"This could be one of the most devastating tornado outbreaks in the nation's history by the time it's over," CNN Meteorologist Sean Morris said.

The unofficial number of twisters reported Wednesday by the Storm Prediction Center was 151. The same system continued to spin off tornadoes early Thursday.

The long-term average for confirmed tornadoes in April is 116.

The worst tornado outbreak in U.S. history occurred in April 1974, when 148 twisters touched down in 13 states over a 16-hour period, according to the National Weather Service. The agency said 330 people died and 5,484 were injured in a path of damage that covered more than 2,500 miles.

That month saw a total of 267 tornadoes -- the largest number recorded since 1950, according to the weather agency.

Warrior4God
Apr 28th 2011, 04:41 PM
They didn't say anything about tornadoes elsewhere but the US though...and I copied the title from them too. Rarely do I ever hear of tornado's elsewhere anyway which is kind of strange actually. Don't other places get tornado's? :hmm:

Actually, tornadoes do occur all over the world, but not nearly as often as they do in the part of the United States dubbed "Tornado Alley." Just go on YouTube and enter tornadoes from just about any country and you will likely find videos for it. I've seen footage from Russia, parts of Asia, etc.

Firefighter
Apr 28th 2011, 05:02 PM
Heavy T-Storms rolled through last night without any weather related events in my county. :pp

NewInHim
Apr 28th 2011, 05:20 PM
Heavy T-Storms rolled through last night without any weather related events in my county. :pp

Same here in Central Virginia. We've got enough moutnains surrounding us that any funnels that form wouldn't be able to get too large or do too much damage. But it was a crazy storm last night. Praying for those who have lost their lives!

ProjectPeter
Apr 28th 2011, 05:39 PM
This is awful. :cry: I would rather show compassion on these people then say God's wrath is on them for some unknown reason and they deserve this PP. I think its cruel to say that actually.Then don't ever read the Old Testament or Revelation because the writers of the Bible were some of the most "cruel" people on earth. It isn't cruel MG... that's sort of silly to say actually and you need to think of what you're saying before saying it because you just described the Bible as a cruel book and something you've spent a lot of time over the years defending on all the sites you go to or used to go to anyway. As to what they deserve... this country does deserve it. We all do.

In every country, in every nation in this world there are sinners that deserve His wrath..I don't think its right to blame God when bad things happen..especially when we hear of miracles among the tragedies.Um... God doesn't need us to excuse Him. I assure you that God is quite capable and willing and He does in fact bring calamity on nations. Especially nations that are erring from the path He set them on. Again... what you say here is totally contrary to a very large part of Scripture.

In the OT the prophets would go directly to the people and tell them exactly what sins they were committing and what God said would happen if they didn't stop it and turn back to Him. Unless a prophet walked through these towns and told these people what they were doing wrong and to repent and turn to God or this would happen...I seriously doubt its His wrath on them.They have to walk through the town saying it? Who in the world says that this is a rule? Isaia, Ezekiel, Jeremiah, and others wrote plenty about God's judgment coming to this nation and that and we have nothing at all saying that God had a prophet walk through those nations making sure that everyone was fully aware. Some God did... some God didn't.

As to this nation... there have been plenty of folks that have preached the coming judgment. No shortage of that actually although in a much smaller scale than there would have been thirty... forty years ago. In fact... some of those very states I know the message has been preached a time or two or three or four and many in the streets. I was there when it was preached. ;)

Whatever it is...we should grieve for these people and pray for them. Maybe in this they will find Him, if they haven't already. But its pretty tough to tell people with dead loved ones that God did this because He loves them. Wouldn't tell them that... God's judging us is a far cry from messages we hear today and like to hear sure enough. But sooner or later... everyone is going to figure it out. I assure you.

As to grieving for them.... yes. As to praying for them... yes. Help them.... feed them... clothe them... yes, yes, and yes. Preach to them.. witness to them... love on them... again, yes, yes, and yes. But in teh process of that... some cold hard truth would be good. It isn't just the unrighteous that die when God judges a nation. Righteous folk do too. To say that God is just killing the heathens would be foolish as well as wrong. To say that God is destroying only the homes of the heathen therefore if your home was destroyed that is what you are... stupid. But to say that God is out to get our attention? Let's put it this way... giving Mother Nature the credit for this is equally foolish and stupid and ticks God off. God's screaming... sadly, even most who are Christian will ignore it and give credit elsewhere thus missing His call.

student of the Lamb
Apr 28th 2011, 07:03 PM
God is perfect in all ways and can not stand sin. Even so, He wants us to be with Him. How can that be? It can only be by His people trying to live their lives as HE wants us to, not as we want. That is what happened to the children of Israel after they came out of Egypt. They continued to turn against Him. They did not even want Him telling them how to live their lives anymore. He MUST have some ways of showing His people that He TRULY MEANS BUSINESS and He wants us to know that He is capable of what is told in Revelation. That is why we see such as has happened in places before that we don't concern ourselves about like the 200,000 people killed in Indonesia or the earthquake and later the hurricane in Haiti. We do not learn from them and that is why He must send these storms to places like New Orleans and all the places hit by these tornadoes. He MUST get His message across!

We also must understand that God has a purpose and a plan for all things that He does. WE are only finite while he is infinite and His infinite wisdom is all knowing. It is not for us to question why a mother loses a baby or 200,000 people are killed in a tsunomi. It is for us to just say, "Yes Lord!" and then prayer for those who have suffered and then pray that we have received His message and that we will continue to do what we can to build a closer relationship with Him every day. Many do not understand that God must be first and foremost in our lives. If he is not, whatever is becomes an idol that we worship more than Him. We MUST get everything out of our way for our relationship with HIM.

Justice - God gives you what you deserve.
Mercy - God does not give you what you deserve.
Grace - God gives you what you do not deserve.

moonglow
Apr 29th 2011, 02:25 AM
God is perfect in all ways and can not stand sin. Even so, He wants us to be with Him. How can that be? It can only be by His people trying to live their lives as HE wants us to, not as we want. That is what happened to the children of Israel after they came out of Egypt. They continued to turn against Him. They did not even want Him telling them how to live their lives anymore. He MUST have some ways of showing His people that He TRULY MEANS BUSINESS and He wants us to know that He is capable of what is told in Revelation. That is why we see such as has happened in places before that we don't concern ourselves about like the 200,000 people killed in Indonesia or the earthquake and later the hurricane in Haiti. We do not learn from them and that is why He must send these storms to places like New Orleans and all the places hit by these tornadoes. He MUST get His message across!

We also must understand that God has a purpose and a plan for all things that He does. WE are only finite while he is infinite and His infinite wisdom is all knowing. It is not for us to question why a mother loses a baby or 200,000 people are killed in a tsunomi. It is for us to just say, "Yes Lord!" and then prayer for those who have suffered and then pray that we have received His message and that we will continue to do what we can to build a closer relationship with Him every day. Many do not understand that God must be first and foremost in our lives. If he is not, whatever is becomes an idol that we worship more than Him. We MUST get everything out of our way for our relationship with HIM.

Justice - God gives you what you deserve.
Mercy - God does not give you what you deserve.
Grace - God gives you what you do not deserve.

You really think none of us wept over 200,000 people are killed in a tsunami in Indonesia? I sure did when I was watching bodies of children washing up on the shore. You think we didn't concern ourselves? Did you not hear about all the Christians going over there to help? And many that were already there running missionaries? How a pastor trying to save the orphans fleeing from the tsunami in a small boat actually rebuked the wave coming at him and it stopped? If this was from God, he couldn't have rebuked it in Jesus Name.

On here of course Christians were saying it was God's judgment along with the Haiti earthquake...even though again there were Christian missionaries already there helping them...more came in. Millions have prayed for all these people and those in Japan also. Of course we concerned ourselves with these things. And donate so much money too! America over all donate more money to disaster then any nation in the world. Too bad though so much of it gets held up by red tape. :(

It is not for us to question why a mother loses a baby or 200,000 people are killed in a tsunomi.

Where does it say in the bible to not question these things? Job certainly did. Jesus disciples questioned why a man was born blind..why a tower fell and killed the workers. They constantly asked questions. Jesus never told them not too. He answered them.

I would like to see where it says God still judges the nations (or individual states or towns) like in the OT? My understanding until the Tribulation, we are judged on an individual bases...and usually that doesn't happened until judgement day. Other wise..why is there a judgment day? :hmm:

How did Jesus get people's attention? Did He do it by sending down fire to consume them? Or tidal waves? Or earthquakes? And cause the death of many just to get their attention?

Luke 9:50-56 (New King James Version)

51 Now it came to pass, when the time had come for Him to be received up, that He steadfastly set His face to go to Jerusalem, 52 and sent messengers before His face. And as they went, they entered a village of the Samaritans, to prepare for Him. 53 But they did not receive Him, because His face was set for the journey to Jerusalem. 54 And when His disciples James and John saw this, they said, “Lord, do You want us to command fire to come down from heaven and consume them, just as Elijah did?”

55 But He turned and rebuked them, and said, “You do not know what manner of spirit you are of. 56 For the Son of Man did not come to destroy men’s lives but to save them.” And they went to another village.

God bless

moonglow
Apr 29th 2011, 02:54 AM
Then don't ever read the Old Testament or Revelation because the writers of the Bible were some of the most "cruel" people on earth. It isn't cruel MG... that's sort of silly to say actually and you need to think of what you're saying before saying it because you just described the Bible as a cruel book and something you've spent a lot of time over the years defending on all the sites you go to or used to go to anyway. As to what they deserve... this country does deserve it. We all do.

Um... God doesn't need us to excuse Him. I assure you that God is quite capable and willing and He does in fact bring calamity on nations. Especially nations that are erring from the path He set them on. Again... what you say here is totally contrary to a very large part of Scripture.

They have to walk through the town saying it? Who in the world says that this is a rule? Isaia, Ezekiel, Jeremiah, and others wrote plenty about God's judgment coming to this nation and that and we have nothing at all saying that God had a prophet walk through those nations making sure that everyone was fully aware. Some God did... some God didn't.

As to this nation... there have been plenty of folks that have preached the coming judgment. No shortage of that actually although in a much smaller scale than there would have been thirty... forty years ago. In fact... some of those very states I know the message has been preached a time or two or three or four and many in the streets. I was there when it was preached. ;)

Wouldn't tell them that... God's judging us is a far cry from messages we hear today and like to hear sure enough. But sooner or later... everyone is going to figure it out. I assure you.

As to grieving for them.... yes. As to praying for them... yes. Help them.... feed them... clothe them... yes, yes, and yes. Preach to them.. witness to them... love on them... again, yes, yes, and yes. But in teh process of that... some cold hard truth would be good. It isn't just the unrighteous that die when God judges a nation. Righteous folk do too. To say that God is just killing the heathens would be foolish as well as wrong. To say that God is destroying only the homes of the heathen therefore if your home was destroyed that is what you are... stupid. But to say that God is out to get our attention? Let's put it this way... giving Mother Nature the credit for this is equally foolish and stupid and ticks God off. God's screaming... sadly, even most who are Christian will ignore it and give credit elsewhere thus missing His call.

I have read the bible through many times. Am currently reading through the OT again that is why none of this rings true to me. It doesn't line up with scripture. Job for instance hadn't sinned...yet look at what happened to him? Though his friend kept accusing him of sinning...he hadn't. All the prophets of course warned the people and even personally warned kings if they didn't do what God said, exactly what the conquenses would be.

I will quote the same scriptures to you as I did the lamb of God:

51 Now it came to pass, when the time had come for Him to be received up, that He steadfastly set His face to go to Jerusalem, 52 and sent messengers before His face. And as they went, they entered a village of the Samaritans, to prepare for Him. 53 But they did not receive Him, because His face was set for the journey to Jerusalem. 54 And when His disciples James and John saw this, they said, “Lord, do You want us to command fire to come down from heaven and consume them, just as Elijah did?”

55 But He turned and rebuked them, and said, “You do not know what manner of spirit you are of. 56 For the Son of Man did not come to destroy men’s lives but to save them.” And they went to another village.

Until the time comes for the judging of the nations I don't think He does ..not like in the OT. He judged HIS PEOPLE first also...who had turned away from Him and were following pagan ways. He didn't punish the pagan nations for worshiping false gods or doing other evil things. In fact most of the time God used armies to invade the Hebrews who were killed and/or taken captive. Plagues, famine were much more common and the result of wars most of the time...though God said those things were coming. There are no examples of him using earthquakes or tornado's to get people's attention nor punish them. Then God only punished the pagan nations for going too far in what they did to His people. He didn't judge them based on their sins in most cases. In some individual cases with some kings He did. Each situation was very different and handled in a very specific way. It wasn't just one judgement fits all kind of thing by any means.

I would like for you to look at this..I found this posted in the comment area at the end of the news article on the tornado's...

-This is only the beginning, as we get closer and closer to Judgment day, natural disasters and calamities increase. I feel sorry and sad for those people who lost their loved ones, but life is ONLY a blip...avery short one, and It could happend to all of us. Please don't missunderstand me as what I mean is things will get worse in the future on earth and that is why we need to invest in the Hereafter as no one will last except GOD.
God says "And put forward to them the example of the life of this world: it is like the water (rain) which We send down from the sky, and the vegetation of the earth mingles with it, and becomes fresh and green. But (later) it becomes dry and broken pieces, which the winds scatter. And Allah (God) is Able to do everything". Quaran: Chapter #18, Verse #45)

He also said" And this life of the world is only an amusement and a play! Verily, the home of the Hereafter - that is the life indeed (i.e. the eternal life that will never end), if they but knew .
( Quran" Chapter #29, Verse #64)

And spend (in charity) of that with which We have provided you before death comes to one of you, and he says: "My Lord! If only You would give me respite for a little while (i.e. return to the worldly life), then I should give charity of my wealth, and be among the righteous [i.e. do good deeds].
( Quraa'n, Chapter #63, Verse #10

Kind of interesting isn't it?

I would also like you and others to listen at least to the first ten minutes of this radio broadcast on the Christian radio station today...how he responded is how I think we all should..instead of declaring God is mad at these people for some reason or another. What sins could they have done that aren't worse then other places in the world to deserve this?

http://www.theintentionallife.com/
Click on 'Listen to current program' on the right hand side.

I believe the earth is groaning..its fallen with us when we fell in the garden. Adam and Eve were naked and without shelter because they didn't need that protection. There was no hail..or lightening...or floods, or tornadoes, or earthquakes. God had declared everything He created was good. For us that would be utterly perfect. With no flaws or imperfections. Our good is far, far from perfect.

But then they sin and God cursed the ground because they sinned:

Gen 3:14-17 And to Adam he said, "Because you have listened to the voice of your wife and have eaten of the tree of which I commanded you ,'You shall not eat of it,' cursed is the ground because of you; in pain you shall eat of it all the days of your life;18 thorns and thistles it shall bring forth for you; and you shall eat the plants of the field.19 By the sweat of your face you shall eat bread, till you return to the ground, for out of it you were taken; for you are dust, and to dust you shall return."

Jesus Himself said there would be trials and tribulations for us..and that the rain would fall on the just and the unjust.

And one day He will judge the nations:

Matthew 25:31-46

If God is still judging the nations as He did in the OT...which was a shadow of things to come...then why did Christ die? He took on the sins of the world...everyone..past, present and future...our time.

The reason God can't judge like He did in the OT is in the OT He was dealing with His people first and foremost..who turned away from Him. No nation in this world is like that anymore. They are all a mix of unbelievers and believers. He punished the Hebrews because they were His.

God bless

danield
Apr 29th 2011, 03:52 AM
Then don't ever read the Old Testament or Revelation because the writers of the Bible were some of the most "cruel" people on earth. It isn't cruel MG... that's sort of silly to say actually and you need to think of what you're saying before saying it because you just described the Bible as a cruel book and something you've spent a lot of time over the years defending on all the sites you go to or used to go to anyway. As to what they deserve... this country does deserve it. We all do.

Um... God doesn't need us to excuse Him. I assure you that God is quite capable and willing and He does in fact bring calamity on nations. Especially nations that are erring from the path He set them on. Again... what you say here is totally contrary to a very large part of Scripture.

They have to walk through the town saying it? Who in the world says that this is a rule? Isaia, Ezekiel, Jeremiah, and others wrote plenty about God's judgment coming to this nation and that and we have nothing at all saying that God had a prophet walk through those nations making sure that everyone was fully aware. Some God did... some God didn't.

Wouldn't tell them that... God's judging us is a far cry from messages we hear today and like to hear sure enough. But sooner or later... everyone is going to figure it out. I assure you.

I do not think what we are seeing is God’s judgment. There is just too much good going on in this country to see something that would bring God’s wrath on us. Yes things are changing in our society, but there are still many righteous men here in this country. If Abraham needed to find 10 righteous men, then I know we could find many more here that love God and serve Christ with all their heart. I have been vocal about how I think this country will fall from its God serving roots, and I still stand by it. However, I have always said that it will be a future event because many here in this country have tried to serve the Lord the best we can, and to uphold his laws. We have tried to help people in their time of need. I do see some disturbing trends developing, but all in all I think we have a ways to go before we see many fulfillments take place. I feel the climate changes we are seeing are a reflection of our impact on the environment as opposed to God’s judgment. And they could be described as birth pangs just as Christ said.

Dani H
Apr 29th 2011, 04:31 AM
If the book of Judges teaches us anything it's that people are often not known to turn to God until times of calamity befall them. We forget because we have it too good, and get ourselves in trouble because we get too comfortable in our prosperity.

Somehow, some way, He's going to get people's attention. Because He does love us and does seek to save us.

student of the Lamb
Apr 29th 2011, 12:24 PM
You really think none of us wept over 200,000 people are killed in a tsunami in Indonesia? I sure did when I was watching bodies of children washing up on the shore. You think we didn't concern ourselves? Did you not hear about all the Christians going over there to help? And many that were already there running missionaries? How a pastor trying to save the orphans fleeing from the tsunami in a small boat actually rebuked the wave coming at him and it stopped? If this was from God, he couldn't have rebuked it in Jesus Name.

On here of course Christians were saying it was God's judgment along with the Haiti earthquake...even though again there were Christian missionaries already there helping them...more came in. Millions have prayed for all these people and those in Japan also. Of course we concerned ourselves with these things. And donate so much money too! America over all donate more money to disaster then any nation in the world. Too bad though so much of it gets held up by red tape. :(

Where does it say in the bible to not question these things? Job certainly did. Jesus disciples questioned why a man was born blind..why a tower fell and killed the workers. They constantly asked questions. Jesus never told them not too. He answered them.

I would like to see where it says God still judges the nations (or individual states or towns) like in the OT? My understanding until the Tribulation, we are judged on an individual bases...and usually that doesn't happened until judgement day. Other wise..why is there a judgment day? :hmm:

How did Jesus get people's attention? Did He do it by sending down fire to consume them? Or tidal waves? Or earthquakes? And cause the death of many just to get their attention?

God bless

Did I really say that no one wept for those people? No. I only stated that it was an action by God to get our attention and that God's plan and purpose for things is greater than our finite intelligence. Many people will look but not see what God is trying to show them and many people will hear but not understand what God is trying to tell them. WE in America have allowed ourselves to decentralize God and put ourselves before Him. He comes first. There will be much pain and suffering as God makes His plan known. If you are a Christian you are also a disciple and it is our duty to continue to reach out to those who are lost.

You bring up Job and that is one lesson that many do not understand. God used Satan in this story but He also used this experience to teach Job a lesson. The very first sin was pride as Satan thought he was greater than God and tried to take over Heaven. Job also had a problem with pride and God used this experience to humble Job. Once Job had realized that he had no right to question God, God blessed his life again. You mention Luke 9:56. That was not the specific mission of Christ. That was to die for all mankind. The secondary mission were to teach others that they may teach and the general thesis of His mission was love. Then again, He also understands that God is to be honored and respected. Man continues from then until today to turn his back on God. He MUST bring us into understanding and He will use all means necessary at His disposal and that is a lot.

God continues and will continue to be active in all things but as I said, His infinite wisdom only knows the end of the story and He will continue to direct the concert like the Great Conductor that He is. Jesus tell us in Luke 12 that if it were up to him that it would all be over but that is not what God wants. God wants to be sure that every last person has that opportunity at eternal life. Has He finally decided that He has gotten most of those people to see? We may soon find out.

ProjectPeter
Apr 29th 2011, 02:33 PM
I have read the bible through many times. Am currently reading through the OT again that is why none of this rings true to me. It doesn't line up with scripture. Job for instance hadn't sinned...yet look at what happened to him? Though his friend kept accusing him of sinning...he hadn't. All the prophets of course warned the people and even personally warned kings if they didn't do what God said, exactly what the conquenses would be. Um.. Job isn't the only Scripture in the Old Testament and as well.... talking an individual and not a nation Julie. VAST difference. As a nation, we have sinned, and sinned greatly in a multitude of ways. If you want to try and spin the US as a righteous nation, like Job, then good luck on that one because anyone that believes that ain't going to believe nothing much that I would have to say. :rolleyes:

Until the time comes for the judging of the nations I don't think He does ..not like in the OT. He judged HIS PEOPLE first also...who had turned away from Him and were following pagan ways. He didn't punish the pagan nations for worshiping false gods or doing other evil things. In fact most of the time God used armies to invade the Hebrews who were killed and/or taken captive. Plagues, famine were much more common and the result of wars most of the time...though God said those things were coming. There are no examples of him using earthquakes or tornado's to get people's attention nor punish them. Then God only punished the pagan nations for going too far in what they did to His people. He didn't judge them based on their sins in most cases. In some individual cases with some kings He did. Each situation was very different and handled in a very specific way. It wasn't just one judgement fits all kind of thing by any means. Hmmmm... don't recall calling down fire from heaven or tornado's out of the sky and not sure of anyone else doing so either. Again... you're pulling a passage out and trying to make it fit into an area where it don't fit at all. Add to that another point... some do believe that this is a time of God's judgment. You're changing God here and that's something one should be careful doing. Throughout the ages, Old and New, God uses calamity to get folks attention. That's God's pattern and He is very much a God of patterns. Again... we don't have to make excuses for God. He works how He works... we try and make it fit the "loving" God so much so that we've done a bad service to folks because He is also a God of wrath for those that don't continue in God's kindness. God has blessed this nation and only a fool would say otherwise. Our repayment to God now... we spit in His face (as a nation whole). I assure you... God's wrath is still very much present. That has not nor ever will change. He'll try and get our attention and if we are wise we will repent and turn back to Him and God may well relent with the calamity. We can do what we're continuing to do though... He won't relent and we'll pay a massive price for this.

I would like for you to look at this..I found this posted in the comment area at the end of the news article on the tornado's...

Kind of interesting isn't it? No... not particularly. So what?

I would also like you and others to listen at least to the first ten minutes of this radio broadcast on the Christian radio station today...how he responded is how I think we all should..instead of declaring God is mad at these people for some reason or another. What sins could they have done that aren't worse then other places in the world to deserve this?Answered this above really. God spoke well concerning this nation and blessed us. We've gotten stupid and that comes with a price.

http://www.theintentionallife.com/
Click on 'Listen to current program' on the right hand side.

I believe the earth is groaning..its fallen with us when we fell in the garden. Adam and Eve were naked and without shelter because they didn't need that protection. There was no hail..or lightening...or floods, or tornadoes, or earthquakes. God had declared everything He created was good. For us that would be utterly perfect. With no flaws or imperfections. Our good is far, far from perfect.

But then they sin and God cursed the ground because they sinned:

Gen 3:14-17 And to Adam he said, "Because you have listened to the voice of your wife and have eaten of the tree of which I commanded you ,'You shall not eat of it,' cursed is the ground because of you; in pain you shall eat of it all the days of your life;18 thorns and thistles it shall bring forth for you; and you shall eat the plants of the field.19 By the sweat of your face you shall eat bread, till you return to the ground, for out of it you were taken; for you are dust, and to dust you shall return."

Jesus Himself said there would be trials and tribulations for us..and that the rain would fall on the just and the unjust.

And one day He will judge the nations:

Matthew 25:31-46

If God is still judging the nations as He did in the OT...which was a shadow of things to come...then why did Christ die? He took on the sins of the world...everyone..past, present and future...our time.

The reason God can't judge like He did in the OT is in the OT He was dealing with His people first and foremost..who turned away from Him. No nation in this world is like that anymore. They are all a mix of unbelievers and believers. He punished the Hebrews because they were His.

God bless

Here is a prediction that I can make to you. You are fixing to be very shocked and awed because you are going to find out that someone has fooled you greatly with that sort of teaching. God's the same and His judgment is the same. Count on that.

RabbiKnife
Apr 29th 2011, 02:40 PM
I think the man was born blind because of the sin of his mother. Or was that his father? No, wait, maybe it was his own sin.

I think the tower of Siloam fell and crushed those dudes because of their sin.

Well, maybe not..

ProjectPeter
Apr 29th 2011, 02:57 PM
I just listened to the radio show link too and no one is saying that we shouldn't help those people, pray for those people, and share the love of Christ with those people. Anyone that knows me personally and anyone that has read the number of post that I have made on this forum over the years should know that well. All of those things are things that we must do. That has nothing to do though with anything that I am speaking of. God's judgment on a nation is that.

As to those that want to make an issue of sin not being a reason why God judges a nation... okie dokie I guess. Not sure what is read when you read Scripture but hey... feeling better about stuff is how we work today and I guess that makes folks feel better.

RabbiKnife
Apr 29th 2011, 03:01 PM
I'm going to ask a question because I don't know the answer, and haven't ever really thought about it before.

Is there a single instance in the record of Scripture in which God judged a nation without first sending a warning?

This isn't a trick question...I really haven't thought it through.

In particular, is there any instance in which God used "natural disaster" to judge a nation without first warning them of the coming peril?

ProjectPeter
Apr 29th 2011, 03:09 PM
I'm going to ask a question because I don't know the answer, and haven't ever really thought about it before.

Is there a single instance in the record of Scripture in which God judged a nation without first sending a warning?

This isn't a trick question...I really haven't thought it through.

In particular, is there any instance in which God used "natural disaster" to judge a nation without first warning them of the coming peril?Nations that followed God or had folks following God... I think it safe to say that God always sent His prophets to warn them. That being said though... I think the answer would be yes. Many of the prophesies concerning Egypt, Syria, Babylon, etc. by the prophets in their writing... not sure that God specifically sent them a messenger and not certain they'd of been received has God sent them. That being said though... maybe they sent a writing... nothing says either way in some of those instances. It doesn't say that they went there and told them though... so I think the answer is "not always."

That being said... this nation has been warned though and many times over the years. Thinking of guys like the recent death of David Wilkerson. That man spent his life warning, with great anguish, America of what was coming in the terms of weather, money, power, etc. Countless hours of crying out those messages and even to the point where many of those speaking well of him in his death, during his lifetime they considered him a nutbar and prophet of doom. Before him you had guys like Leonard Ravenhill (passed in the 90's) and Keith Green etc. The message has been preached all over this country and most times scoffed at.

Vhayes
Apr 29th 2011, 03:14 PM
Here ya go - my "opinion" so feel free to punch holes in it :-)

Acts 17
30 - "Therefore having overlooked the times of ignorance, God is now declaring to men that all people everywhere should repent,

31 - because He has fixed a day in which He will judge the world in righteousness through a Man whom He has appointed, having furnished proof to all men by raising Him from the dead."

32 - Now when they heard of the resurrection of the dead, some began to sneer, but others said, "We shall hear you again concerning this."

Natural disasters are NOT a judgement on people - how could that be since there are sincere Christ loving believers who die as well as the unsaved.

I think God allows/uses/creates natural disasters to get people's attention. It is NOT a judgement, it's a way of changing people's focus, letting them know that there is Someone FAR more powerful that they ever dreamed in charge and all their plans and all their scheming amounts to a hill of beans at the end of the day.

I said "allows" or "creates because I am not sure which it would be. Maybe "allow" because Satan is the lord of THIS world and is therefore in control of certain things.

Wow - what a ramble... sorry.

RabbiKnife
Apr 29th 2011, 03:17 PM
And sometimes, a cold front just intercepts a warm front and weather happens.

ProjectPeter
Apr 29th 2011, 03:23 PM
Here ya go - my "opinion" so feel free to punch holes in it :-)

Acts 17
30 - "Therefore having overlooked the times of ignorance, God is now declaring to men that all people everywhere should repent,

31 - because He has fixed a day in which He will judge the world in righteousness through a Man whom He has appointed, having furnished proof to all men by raising Him from the dead."

32 - Now when they heard of the resurrection of the dead, some began to sneer, but others said, "We shall hear you again concerning this."

Natural disasters are NOT a judgement on people - how could that be since there are sincere Christ loving believers who die as well as the unsaved.

I think God allows/uses/creates natural disasters to get people's attention. It is NOT a judgement, it's a way of changing people's focus, letting them know that there is Someone FAR more powerful that they ever dreamed in charge and all their plans and all their scheming amounts to a hill of beans at the end of the day.

I said "allows" or "creates because I am not sure which it would be. Maybe "allow" because Satan is the lord of THIS world and is therefore in control of certain things.

Wow - what a ramble... sorry.There were many righteous that died and were taken into captivity etc throughout the Old Testament. When God let loose on a nation... it was often times no man above another in that regard. I know that folks like to point to Lot and Job etc as examples of nothing bad happening to believers... but that isn't always the case when it comes to God's judging a nation.

As to them being "natural" disasters... that's all well and good but then think on this. If it is God doing this and we give claim to it just being in the realm of "crap happens"...

As to God allowing and using things for a purpose... no doubt. But rest assured that there is AMPLE example of God putting drought on a nation as judgment for things that they did. God sending hail, flood, rain, war, etc. as no doubt judgment on a nation. To deny that is to deny a pretty fair amount of Scripture.

Vhayes
Apr 29th 2011, 03:24 PM
I'm saying it is not judgement as much as a Wake Up call - refocus, rethink.

ProjectPeter
Apr 29th 2011, 03:31 PM
And sometimes, a cold front just intercepts a warm front and weather happens.

Safe to say. But then anyone that keeps up with the weather events nation wide.... fact... it's not just an event now and again this year. It's happening over and over and over again. Almost one after another. It is costing a fortune, killing folks, and dwindling our food supply more and more. We have freaky snow storms now and again... freaky spring days when the weather is bad. As long as they have been keeping records (dates back many years now) we've had them. The worst April month of tornado outbreaks happened about 40 years ago... 1974 I think but might have been 73. 250ish tornado's that month. Time's gone by and we've gotten close to that a few times during that spell but this month we did reach that number. Then we passed that number... and when all is said and done there is likely to be over 700 tornado's recorded this April. Now... there's record breaking weather and then there is record shattering weather. This surpasses even that. Running much the same pattern as the winter storms did too and effecting the same areas. Is there a message from God in all this? I could be flip and say that God's telling us to make sure our Insurance Premiums are paid but I think I'll pass on that.

Amazing thing... even the weather folks are scratching their head and calling this amazing and very bizarre and even unnatural weather. Yet many of us still just want to think it more like "crap happens!" I think that is a horrible mistake.

ProjectPeter
Apr 29th 2011, 03:31 PM
I'm saying it is not judgement as much as a Wake Up call - refocus, rethink.A wake up call to what?

Redeemed by Grace
Apr 29th 2011, 03:36 PM
Safe to say. But then anyone that keeps up with the weather events nation wide.... fact... it's not just an event now and again this year. It's happening over and over and over again. Almost one after another. It is costing a fortune, killing folks, and dwindling our food supply more and more. We have freaky snow storms now and again... freaky spring days when the weather is bad. As long as they have been keeping records (dates back many years now) we've had them. The worst April month of tornado outbreaks happened about 40 years ago... 1974 I think but might have been 73. 250ish tornado's that month. Time's gone by and we've gotten close to that a few times during that spell but this month we did reach that number. Then we passed that number... and when all is said and done there is likely to be over 700 tornado's recorded this April. Now... there's record breaking weather and then there is record shattering weather. This surpasses even that. Running much the same pattern as the winter storms did too and effecting the same areas. Is there a message from God in all this? I could be flip and say that God's telling us to make sure our Insurance Premiums are paid but I think I'll pass on that.

Amazing thing... even the weather folks are scratching their head and calling this amazing and very bizarre and even unnatural weather. Yet many of us still just want to think it more like "crap happens!" I think that is a horrible mistake.

'So whatcha saying me brother... The end is here?'

ProjectPeter
Apr 29th 2011, 03:47 PM
'So whatcha saying me brother... The end is here?'
Myself, I do believe that we are VERY close to that very thing! This I will say though and would hope that many hear. We need to repent and turn back to God in America because I do believe that God's fixing to jack us up regardless of whether or not Jesus parts the skies here in our very near future. Personally though... yes. I do believe the end is near and think that as it stands right now... God's putting things into play and soon the Lord will return. The US is not in biblical prophesy and I suspect that would mean that either the US is broke and relegated to that of a 3rd world nation and out of the global picture... or we're toast and thus out of the global picture. There are some other theories naturally... I know that some think we're the Mystery Babylon etc... but this I know... we don't seem to be a major player in biblical prophecy so something is going to happen.

Yeah... ain't great news sure enough but so what? The only good news that I know anyway is that Jesus Christ lived, died, was resurrected and now sits at the Father's right hand until the appointed time and then He's going to return for those that are truly His. I very much hope I am right... and am very certain myself that I am. Could I be wrong? Sure... but I doubt it very much. :D

Vhayes
Apr 29th 2011, 03:55 PM
A wake up call to what?

That all the best laid plans of mice and men amount to nothing in the face of an all powerful God.

Natural Disasters have a way of shaking people's worlds up in a BIG way. When all you have left is the clothes on your back and a roll of Life Savers in your pocket, your perspective changes about what (and who) matters.

Redeemed by Grace
Apr 29th 2011, 04:04 PM
Myself, I do believe that we are VERY close to that very thing! This I will say though and would hope that many hear. We need to repent and turn back to God in America because I do believe that God's fixing to jack us up regardless of whether or not Jesus parts the skies here in our very near future. Personally though... yes. I do believe the end is near and think that as it stands right now... God's putting things into play and soon the Lord will return. The US is not in biblical prophesy and I suspect that would mean that either the US is broke and relegated to that of a 3rd world nation and out of the global picture... or we're toast and thus out of the global picture. There are some other theories naturally... I know that some think we're the Mystery Babylon etc... but this I know... we don't seem to be a major player in biblical prophecy so something is going to happen.

Yeah... ain't great news sure enough but so what? The only good news that I know anyway is that Jesus Christ lived, died, was resurrected and now sits at the Father's right hand until the appointed time and then He's going to return for those that are truly His. I very much hope I am right... and am very certain myself that I am. Could I be wrong? Sure... but I doubt it very much. :D

Interesting... Personally I think the weather can play an indirect role in helping to set up the events of the last days... IE like leading to economic uncertainties via recovery costs from wind, and floods -- and food stuff issues such as too much water or not enough, or freezes to kill the crops, and maybe a bug infestation or two.. But specifically by the weather alone, I don't see God using Tornado's or monsoon rains as a specific sign that we are in the end.

Having stated that though... earthquakes do seem to be given to watch for, along with geopolitical struggles and strives, so to that, I am developing a keen interest in the political activities of the mid -east. So if tomorrow or next week there's another 8.+ quake somewhere else in the world, and the followed by another, and then another big one.... well I'd be typing something different and more specific. :)

For if someone rises up within the world and brokers a peace accord with Israel, and let's say it's a trial peace plan that happens to be for only ...er let's say 7 years... then I'm right there with you weather folks about being in the end times.

student of the Lamb
Apr 29th 2011, 04:12 PM
I once saw a History Channel show on the ten plagues of Egypt. They tried to explain away all but the Passover as being natural events created by "mother nature" even if they were extremely rare in their manners of being there. I find it hard for people to explain away God as being "mother nature." As was mentioned earlier, God does use natural calamities to His benefit. Of course, The History Channel did have a hard time explaining what happened to Pharaoh and his army. Egypt even that far back kept very exact detailed history and at the time of the people of Egypt leaving Egypt, nothing is ever heard of about this Pharaoh again. There is also a very obvious blank spot in the history at this time.

As for whether God did not give warning before judging a nation, I doubt seriously from what I have read that any of the pagan nation that were to be completely destroyed (men, women, children, property and all animals - everything) by the children of Israel ever got any warning. These people were just sinful in so many ways that he just wanted these nations destroyed.

ProjectPeter
Apr 29th 2011, 05:43 PM
Interesting... Personally I think the weather can play an indirect role in helping to set up the events of the last days... IE like leading to economic uncertainties via recovery costs from wind, and floods -- and food stuff issues such as too much water or not enough, or freezes to kill the crops, and maybe a bug infestation or two.. But specifically by the weather alone, I don't see God using Tornado's or monsoon rains as a specific sign that we are in the end.

Having stated that though... earthquakes do seem to be given to watch for, along with geopolitical struggles and strives, so to that, I am developing a keen interest in the political activities of the mid -east. So if tomorrow or next week there's another 8.+ quake somewhere else in the world, and the followed by another, and then another big one.... well I'd be typing something different and more specific. :)

For if someone rises up within the world and brokers a peace accord with Israel, and let's say it's a trial peace plan that happens to be for only ...er let's say 7 years... then I'm right there with you weather folks about being in the end times.
I don't think there is any place specifically where one can say that bad weather is a prophetic sign of times coming to an end and hopefully folks aren't misunderstanding that. My point is the economic toil that this is causing as well as what it is doing to the food supply. I agree with quakes and stuff no doubt as those things are specifically mentioned. It's isn't the end yet nor is that what I am saying... there are other things that must come into play. That being said... I see all of this as part of that coming into play because the way I see it... The US plays too big a role in the world and the way that I read Scripture... without some pretty big stretching... the US ain't there. A broke US would answer why and I don't think it a mystery that we are broke. We're playing with money in ways that are stupid and I don't think it is going to take another 100 years for the chickens to come home to roost. If it happened in the next year I wouldn't be surprised. There is no excuse for printing money the way we're printing it with very little to back it up with. As it stands right now the only saving thing for the US is the fact that our dollar is the world reserve currency. Should that change any time soon... we're in a bind that we aren't going to be able to get out of and over night the world as we know it here in the US is going to change. That happens... it will erase us from the world scene as a major player. I see that as a very real scenario that could play out at any time.

So yes... the weather itself isn't the issue. The end result of the weather on various factors... that is the issue. This last week alone, when it's all tallied up, is going to be insanely expensive. The way many will look at this is that it is going to bring about jobs in construction and thus that is a good thing. Problem is... someone has to pay for it. Insurance companies will pay for it but they aren't in the business of losing money. You will ultimately pay extra for it as will I and everyone else that has Insurance of any kind. The government will pitch in as well by simply printing up some more money because getting a loan is getting more difficult as no one is all that interested in loaning us more... and the circle continues to get weaker.

This is just speaking of the money end too. Rest assured that this is going to have an effect on crops and a lot of other issues that we'll see in another three... four months from now. Add to that... this is just April. The first month of this type of weather. Even if it just normals out now we're in deeper. More than 1/3 of our average major storms for the season has happened and we're just getting started. If it continues at anything close to this same pace... it will be a very long Spring and Summer.

ProjectPeter
Apr 29th 2011, 05:46 PM
That all the best laid plans of mice and men amount to nothing in the face of an all powerful God.

Natural Disasters have a way of shaking people's worlds up in a BIG way. When all you have left is the clothes on your back and a roll of Life Savers in your pocket, your perspective changes about what (and who) matters.
In times past I would agree with you. Presently though... I don't think it shakes many up spiritually speaking. You're older and remember when... I do too. But times are a changin and it's not nearly the same now as it was even in the 70's.

Warrior4God
Apr 29th 2011, 05:54 PM
It is not for us to question why a mother loses a baby or 200,000 people are killed in a tsunomi.

Why is it not for us to question? Are we to be apathetic about such things?

RabbiKnife
Apr 29th 2011, 06:28 PM
Why is it not for us to question? Are we to be apathetic about such things?

Who cares about apathy?

Warrior4God
Apr 29th 2011, 06:52 PM
Who cares about apathy?

I give you your props...:lol:

student of the Lamb
Apr 29th 2011, 08:13 PM
In response to Warrior4God - Would you like to question God on why He does anything. Job did and God did not like it! Pride is an issue with God and Satan also found out that questioning God is a pride issue.

I don't think there is any place specifically where one can say that bad weather is a prophetic sign of times coming to an end and hopefully folks aren't misunderstanding that. My point is the economic toil that this is causing as well as what it is doing to the food supply. I agree with quakes and stuff no doubt as those things are specifically mentioned. It's isn't the end yet nor is that what I am saying... there are other things that must come into play. That being said... I see all of this as part of that coming into play because the way I see it... The US plays too big a role in the world and the way that I read Scripture... without some pretty big stretching... the US ain't there. A broke US would answer why and I don't think it a mystery that we are broke. We're playing with money in ways that are stupid and I don't think it is going to take another 100 years for the chickens to come home to roost. If it happened in the next year I wouldn't be surprised. There is no excuse for printing money the way we're printing it with very little to back it up with. As it stands right now the only saving thing for the US is the fact that our dollar is the world reserve currency. Should that change any time soon... we're in a bind that we aren't going to be able to get out of and over night the world as we know it here in the US is going to change. That happens... it will erase us from the world scene as a major player. I see that as a very real scenario that could play out at any time.

So yes... the weather itself isn't the issue. The end result of the weather on various factors... that is the issue. This last week alone, when it's all tallied up, is going to be insanely expensive. The way many will look at this is that it is going to bring about jobs in construction and thus that is a good thing. Problem is... someone has to pay for it. Insurance companies will pay for it but they aren't in the business of losing money. You will ultimately pay extra for it as will I and everyone else that has Insurance of any kind. The government will pitch in as well by simply printing up some more money because getting a loan is getting more difficult as no one is all that interested in loaning us more... and the circle continues to get weaker.

This is just speaking of the money end too. Rest assured that this is going to have an effect on crops and a lot of other issues that we'll see in another three... four months from now. Add to that... this is just April. The first month of this type of weather. Even if it just normals out now we're in deeper. More than 1/3 of our average major storms for the season has happened and we're just getting started. If it continues at anything close to this same pace... it will be a very long Spring and Summer.

Good post!

moonglow
Apr 29th 2011, 10:37 PM
[B]Did I really say that no one wept for those people? No. I only stated that it was an action by God to get our attention and that God's plan and purpose for things is greater than our finite intelligence. Many people will look but not see what God is trying to show them and many people will hear but not understand what God is trying to tell them. WE in America have allowed ourselves to decentralize God and put ourselves before Him. He comes first. There will be much pain and suffering as God makes His plan known. If you are a Christian you are also a disciple and it is our duty to continue to reach out to those who are lost.

I don't like guessing at the hearts of several million people that live in my nation..I know many that do put God first in their lives and those numbers are growing. And yes I know we are to spread the good news. Not sure why you felt you need to tell me that.

You bring up Job and that is one lesson that many do not understand. God used Satan in this story but He also used this experience to teach Job a lesson. The very first sin was pride as Satan thought he was greater than God and tried to take over Heaven. Job also had a problem with pride and God used this experience to humble Job.

:o God found no sin in Job. There is NO verse that says Job had the sin of pride..nor does it say God used satan to teach Job a lesson. There is no explanation as to why God did what did..which is the whole point of the story...besides showing sometimes when bad things happen its NOT because their is sin going on with that person.

God thought very highly of Job..read for yourself:

Job 1
6 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan also came among them. 7 And the LORD said to Satan, “From where do you come?”

So Satan answered the LORD and said, “From going to and fro on the earth, and from walking back and forth on it.”

8 Then the LORD said to Satan, “Have you considered My servant Job, that there is none like him on the earth, a blameless and upright man, one who fears God and shuns evil?”

9 So Satan answered the LORD and said, “Does Job fear God for nothing? 10 Have You not made a hedge around him, around his household, and around all that he has on every side? You have blessed the work of his hands, and his possessions have increased in the land. 11 But now, stretch out Your hand and touch all that he has, and he will surely curse You to Your face!”

12 And the LORD said to Satan, “Behold, all that he has is in your power; only do not lay a hand on his person.”

So Satan went out from the presence of the LORD.

After Satan struck Job..taking away his wealth..his belongs...his children and even later his health it says this:

21 And he said:

“ Naked I came from my mother’s womb,
And naked shall I return there.
The LORD gave, and the LORD has taken away;
Blessed be the name of the LORD.”
22 In all this Job did not sin nor charge God with wrong.

As God said...Job was blameless.

At the end of the chapter after God answers Job's questions He says this to those that kept accusing God of punishing Job for some sin:

Job 42
7 And so it was, after the LORD had spoken these words to Job, that the LORD said to Eliphaz the Temanite, “My wrath is aroused against you and your two friends, for you have not spoken of Me what is right, as My servant Job has. 8 Now therefore, take for yourselves seven bulls and seven rams, go to My servant Job, and offer up for yourselves a burnt offering; and My servant Job shall pray for you. For I will accept him, lest I deal with you according to your folly; because you have not spoken of Me what is right, as My servant Job has.”

Once Job had realized that he had no right to question God, God blessed his life again. You mention Luke 9:56. That was not the specific mission of Christ. That was to die for all mankind. The secondary mission were to teach others that they may teach and the general thesis of His mission was love. Then again, He also understands that God is to be honored and respected. Man continues from then until today to turn his back on God. He MUST bring us into understanding and He will use all means necessary at His disposal and that is a lot.

So Jesus was there to save but taught us to judge others when bad things happen and say they sinned and this is the wrath on God on them? I don't see Jesus teaching us to do that.

God continues and will continue to be active in all things but as I said, His infinite wisdom only knows the end of the story and He will continue to direct the concert like the Great Conductor that He is. Jesus tell us in Luke 12 that if it were up to him that it would all be over but that is not what God wants. God wants to be sure that every last person has that opportunity at eternal life. Has He finally decided that He has gotten most of those people to see? We may soon find out.

Romans 2

4 Or do you despise the riches of His goodness, forbearance, and longsuffering, not knowing that the goodness of God leads you to repentance?[/U]

I was listening to Adrian Rodgers on the Christian radio station this morning..he believed strongly in the per-rapture tribulation theory and while explaining what was going to happen in the tribulation, he said God does not bring people to Him through suffering and he quoted that verse. If you notice when reading Revelation none of the horrible things that happen, happen to cause anyone to turn to God or repent. Its too late by then. There are at least two types of the wrath of God I have seen in the bible..one is first to get those believers to turn back to Him..the other is simply wrath...punishment for what people have done..there is no call for repentance at all. Its too late.

Here is a bible commentary on that verse:
http://www.studylight.org/com/bcc/view.cgi?book=ro&chapter=002
III. God's goodness to sinners is not a sign that he approves of sin but that he looks to their repentance.

The goodness, forbearance and longsuffering, called here "the riches" of God, have reference to the special privileges of the covenant people, the Jews, who again were answered by Paul in the form of a diatribe. The argument which was refused is: "God has been very good to us, and therefore we shall continue to expect goodness and favor at his hands." The argument is false because it is founded on a misunderstanding of the purpose of God's goodness, which is not to show approval of people's sins, but to extend to them further opportunities of repentance, and to persuade them by means of such goodness.

God got alot of people's attention by doing good for them...by sending Jesus..who not only fed people but healed them. Though many rejected Him, many did come to Him because of His loving kindness.

The tribulation isn't about bringing people to God. I have never seen anyone teach that. The bad things that happened to the believers aren't because of His wrath, its because of the horrible persecution they go through. And the bible says this:

1 Thessalonians 5:9-10 (New King James Version)

9 For God did not appoint us to wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, 10 who died for us, that whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with Him.

On and interesting note..God use an earthquake to tear the curtain in half in the temple...and He used an earthquake to break Paul out of prison (though Paul didn't leave but in fact lead the guards to salvation. ;)

More later...cooking supper now.

God bless

student of the Lamb
Apr 30th 2011, 12:11 AM
Much has been learned from theologians and language experts in understanding the ways, social attitudes of the biblical times and the translating the Hebrew, Greek and Arameic languages. As an example there are three words in the Hebrew language for the word kill. Only one word has the meaning of murder. That is the word used in the Hebrew language when the Ten Commandments were written. Therefore the Command that says Thou shalt not kill does mean thou shalt not murder. That makes a world of difference. There are many ways/lifestyles of the biblical times that show in the writing by these writers and much of that has to do with status and position and respect. One story that I was just reading about is similar to what Job would do. David met with the leaders of Jerusalem and surrounding areas at the main gate and much of the affairs of village, community or nation were accomplished there but there was a certain level of protocol an diplomacy that was very evident to degree that much of the actions truly had to be completely "translated" to completely understand what was being said.. The book of Job is filled with much that must be translated in order to understand the full actions and relationships between these men.

The communication that was between Job and his friends was much like this as they met and discussed his problems. Job DID question why God had treated him like He did. The point is that should any of us ever ask, "why me?" Why not me! What makes any of us better than some one else as to not deserve hard times? Just because some one lives their live in complete obedience to God does not mean that we will not have bad things happen to us. Job was self-righteous enough to believe that because he was faithful to God that nothing should happen to him. This was self-righteous/prideful of Job to say and God already knew that Job was prideful. This whole thing was God's way of correcting Job and showing Satan that he could not break Job. Once he realized his wrong God once again blessed his life.

I understand that God did say that Job was perfect but that is to say then that if he was perfect that he was the equal of God and Christ. I do believe that Job was as perfect as any imperfect human can be and God wanted to help Job understand that his one flaw was that he did not understand humility. Whether you, Moonglow, want to believe this or not it is the truth of the story of Job.

moonglow
Apr 30th 2011, 12:20 AM
Much has been learned from theologians and language experts in understanding the ways, social attitudes of the biblical times and the translating the Hebrew, Greek and Arameic languages. As an example there are three words in the Hebrew language for the word kill. Only one word has the meaning of murder. That is the word used in the Hebrew language when the Ten Commandments were written. Therefore the Command that says Thou shalt not kill does mean thou shalt not murder. That makes a world of difference. There are many ways/lifestyles of the biblical times that show in the writing by these writers and much of that has to do with status and position and respect. One story that I was just reading about is similar to what Job would do. David met with the leaders of Jerusalem and surrounding areas at the main gate and much of the affairs of village, community or nation were accomplished there but there was a certain level of protocol an diplomacy that was very evident to degree that much of the actions truly had to be completely "translated" to completely understand what was being said.. The book of Job is filled with much that must be translated in order to understand the full actions and relationships between these men.

The communication that was between Job and his friends was much like this as they met and discussed his problems. Job DID question why God had treated him like He did. The point is that should any of us ever ask, "why me?" Why not me! What makes any of us better than some one else as to not deserve hard times? Just because some one lives their live in complete obedience to God does not mean that we will not have bad things happen to us. Job was self-righteous enough to believe that because he was faithful to God that nothing should happen to him. This was self-righteous/prideful of Job to say and God already knew that Job was prideful. This whole thing was God's way of correcting Job and showing Satan that he could not break Job. Once he realized his wrong God once again blessed his life.

I understand that God did say that Job was perfect but that is to say then that if he was perfect that he was the equal of God and Christ. I do believe that Job was as perfect as any imperfect human can be and God wanted to help Job understand that his one flaw was that he did not understand humility. Whether you, Moonglow, want to believe this or not it is the truth of the story of Job.

I believe what the book of Job actually says..and it was Job didn't sin by blaming God for what happened to him. I never said he never questioned it or asked God what was going on. Big difference in asking why compared to blaming God. And yes I know about the original words meaning different things such as the example you gave. But I don't see you picking out a word used in Job to show another meaning to show Job was self righteous or prideful. God found no fault in him...He didn't send Satan to teach Job a lesson. I posted the scriptures. You can accept what is says or read more into then their is..that is up to you of course. Also it doesn't say God thought Job was perfect.

Inspite of what some might think on this thread I DO believe scripture and I do accept it as it is.

God bless

moonglow
Apr 30th 2011, 12:29 AM
I do not think what we are seeing is God’s judgment. There is just too much good going on in this country to see something that would bring God’s wrath on us. Yes things are changing in our society, but there are still many righteous men here in this country. If Abraham needed to find 10 righteous men, then I know we could find many more here that love God and serve Christ with all their heart. I have been vocal about how I think this country will fall from its God serving roots, and I still stand by it. However, I have always said that it will be a future event because many here in this country have tried to serve the Lord the best we can, and to uphold his laws. We have tried to help people in their time of need. I do see some disturbing trends developing, but all in all I think we have a ways to go before we see many fulfillments take place. I feel the climate changes we are seeing are a reflection of our impact on the environment as opposed to God’s judgment. And they could be described as birth pangs just as Christ said.

I really do agree with this post and I never ever said this happened before...nor called it Mother Nature...there is so such thing as Mother Nature anyway. I think it is birth pangs too. We have had massive animal deaths...many in the oceans..birds falling from the sky...though there is no proof of earthquakes increasing.(the bible never says earthquakes increase anyway), more are affected by these earthquakes then ever before..which I realize is because of the increase in population. The horrible snow storms ..now the flooding, fires and tornado's. I sure wish I knew what was happening in places like Russia..and China and large parts of Africa we never hear from. While China will report major earthquakes..I think its only to get help plus they can't hide it from the world. There are alot of places we don't hear much about on this earth and I am really curious what is going on with them. Never said something wasn't up. It clearly is.

Anyway I do agree with your post...our church is growing by leaps and bounds and people are being baptized almost every weekend now. God has truly blessed us. Christianity btw is increasing at an amazing rate in China! :pp

God bless

moonglow
Apr 30th 2011, 12:59 AM
ProjectPeter I really think you are misunderstanding me. I will try to explain myself better. I realize while "I think" I am being clear..its obvious many I am not because people respond in ways that show I wasn't clear. I am very sorry about that. I will try to explain myself better.

[QUOTE=ProjectPeter;2669060]Um.. Job isn't the only Scripture in the Old Testament and as well.... talking an individual and not a nation Julie. VAST difference. As a nation, we have sinned, and sinned greatly in a multitude of ways. If you want to try and spin the US as a righteous nation, like Job, then good luck on that one because anyone that believes that ain't going to believe nothing much that I would have to say. :rolleyes:

I wasn't trying to use Job to compare to the USA in any way at all. I am sorry you thought that. A nation though is made up of individuals. When the Hebrews sinned..it wasn't a few sinning...or even alot. It was pretty much everyone involved in sin. I think Job though is a great example in how we shouldn't judge even nations and what befalls them so quickly though and assume everyone is sinning..or that many are. Job was accused repeatably of sinning because of the terrible things that happened to him. Told God was punishing him for sinning..but he hadn't sinned.

James 5
10 My brethren, take the prophets, who spoke in the name of the Lord, as an example of suffering and patience. 11 Indeed we count them blessed who endure. You have heard of the perseverance of Job and seen the end intended by the Lord—that the Lord is very compassionate and merciful.

Until the time comes for the judging of the nations I don't think He does ..not like in the OT. He judged HIS PEOPLE first also...who had turned away from Him and were following pagan ways. He didn't punish the pagan nations for worshiping false gods or doing other evil things. In fact most of the time God used armies to invade the Hebrews who were killed and/or taken captive. Plagues, famine were much more common and the result of wars most of the time...though God said those things were coming. There are no examples of him using earthquakes or tornado's to get people's attention nor punish them. Then God only punished the pagan nations for going too far in what they did to His people. He didn't judge them based on their sins in most cases. In some individual cases with some kings He did. Each situation was very different and handled in a very specific way. It wasn't just one judgement fits all kind of thing by any means.

Hmmmm... don't recall calling down fire from heaven or tornado's out of the sky and not sure of anyone else doing so either. Again... you're pulling a passage out and trying to make it fit into an area where it don't fit at all.

My understanding of your post is those states hit by the tornado's was God's doing..that they are under judgement of Him so He sent the tornado's. That is why I posted what I did. So now you are saying no on that? :confused

Add to that another point... some do believe that this is a time of God's judgment. You're changing God here and that's something one should be careful doing. Throughout the ages, Old and New, God uses calamity to get folks attention. That's God's pattern and He is very much a God of patterns. Again... we don't have to make excuses for God. He works how He works... we try and make it fit the "loving" God so much so that we've done a bad service to folks because He is also a God of wrath for those that don't continue in God's kindness. God has blessed this nation and only a fool would say otherwise. Our repayment to God now... we spit in His face (as a nation whole). I assure you... God's wrath is still very much present. That has not nor ever will change. He'll try and get our attention and if we are wise we will repent and turn back to Him and God may well relent with the calamity. We can do what we're continuing to do though... He won't relent and we'll pay a massive price for this.

I am really not sure what you are saying here. Given our history..stealing this land from the Indians, slaughtering them and forcing them onto reservation where many live in terrible poverty...the wars that followed..then slavery..then civil war...it doesn't appear we were any more faithful or good in our beginnings then we are now. Maybe the goodness God has given us to like that verse I posted before...that God's goodness will lead more to repentance.

No... not particularly. So what?

I thought the Muslim quote was interesting because when I first started reading it I thought I was reading a Christian's post...of course I quickly realized it wasn't. I just thought it was interesting that apparently some Muslims at least are saying the same thing as some Christians.

Answered this above really. God spoke well concerning this nation and blessed us. We've gotten stupid and that comes with a price.

He blessed us certainly when we didn't deserve it. When World War 2 broke out..and the Great Depression hit..I wonder what people were thinking then? Were they saying the same things? They needed to turn back to God? Maybe they did and maybe they did repent then. I don't know. It would be interesting to know though. I know I read a diary once of someone that believed the end was here in Europe during the Black Plague that killed so many.

Here is a prediction that I can make to you. You are fixing to be very shocked and awed because you are going to find out that someone has fooled you greatly with that sort of teaching. God's the same and His judgment is the same. Count on that.

I know judgment is coming. I just don't think what happened to those people with the storms is God's judgment. And I certainly don't think its mother nature..since their is no such thing.

I know something is going on but I tend to agree with danield more on this.

God bless

Warrior4God
Apr 30th 2011, 01:46 AM
In response to Warrior4God - Would you like to question God on why He does anything. Job did and God did not like it! Pride is an issue with God and Satan also found out that questioning God is a pride issue.

Good post!

Umm... how about it's because I'm merely curious? Why does it have to be anything about "pride?"

Warrior4God
Apr 30th 2011, 02:02 AM
There were many righteous that died and were taken into captivity etc throughout the Old Testament. When God let loose on a nation... it was often times no man above another in that regard. I know that folks like to point to Lot and Job etc as examples of nothing bad happening to believers... but that isn't always the case when it comes to God's judging a nation.

I've always wondered why God would allow those that He Himself saw as righteous to suffer right along with those that he was bringing punishment or judgment on. Isn't the whole point of judgment to punish those that are guilty? If the innocent are treated equally to the guilty, and the final end results are the same for the two, what is the point of doing what is right? :confused

ProjectPeter
Apr 30th 2011, 02:04 AM
ProjectPeter I really think you are misunderstanding me. I will try to explain myself better. I realize while "I think" I am being clear..its obvious many I am not because people respond in ways that show I wasn't clear. I am very sorry about that. I will try to explain myself better.

I wasn't trying to use Job to compare to the USA in any way at all. I am sorry you thought that. A nation though is made up of individuals. When the Hebrews sinned..it wasn't a few sinning...or even alot. It was pretty much everyone involved in sin. I think Job though is a great example in how we shouldn't judge even nations and what befalls them so quickly though and assume everyone is sinning..or that many are. Job was accused repeatably of sinning because of the terrible things that happened to him. Told God was punishing him for sinning..but he hadn't sinned. Again... Job was an individual. Yes, nations are made up of individuals, but the thing with Job was the nation wasn't being judged there by God. Men were doing so and doing so wrongly as we know. But if you are going under the idea that a nation shouldn't be judged because they are made up of individuals... then many prophets were in error because they spoke judgments against a boat-load of nations and sure enough... even individuals.

James 5
10 My brethren, take the prophets, who spoke in the name of the Lord, as an example of suffering and patience. 11 Indeed we count them blessed who endure. You have heard of the perseverance of Job and seen the end intended by the Lord—that the Lord is very compassionate and merciful.

My understanding of your post is those states hit by the tornado's was God's doing..that they are under judgement of Him so He sent the tornado's. That is why I posted what I did. So now you are saying no on that? :confusedGod is merciful and has been so with this nation perhaps even more than any other nation known outside of Israel now and again. But just as we know, with Israel being our example (the Old Testament)... there is a limit even with God's patience. Even kinder hearted ministers the likes of Billy Graham uttered the words that "if God doesn't soon judge the United States then He will have to apologize to Sodom and Gomorrah." I don't think the man was wrong and I'm not a monster Billy Graham message fan.

I am really not sure what you are saying here. Given our history..stealing this land from the Indians, slaughtering them and forcing them onto reservation where many live in terrible poverty...the wars that followed..then slavery..then civil war...it doesn't appear we were any more faithful or good in our beginnings then we are now. Maybe the goodness God has given us to like that verse I posted before...that God's goodness will lead more to repentance. I'm not a big fan of revised history either. The Indians that we "slaughtered" were mostly quite viscous. Our problem wasn't in fighting them.. the big sin of our country there was the way that we treated them after the treaties we signed with them. Most of our battles with them were justified while I am sure there were some mean white folk that were quite cruel in how they dealt with them... not all were. Fighting them was a matter of living or dying. They were godless heathens in many ways and a very violent people. Slavery... while not a popular fact, it is not a sin. How folks treat slaves was certainly a sin but not all slave owners were the nasty type that Hollywood and modern history like to portray. As to the faithfulness to God being no more than it is now... one has to be totally ignorant of history to say something like that MG. Not everyone was a Christian by any stretch of the imagination. But many were and were quite faithful about it. Many came over to this country to get rich and get away from various woes elsewhere in the world no doubt. But those folks that sailed over with the Mayflower... the first European folk to settle here were quite godly and lived that life to the nth degree. Legalistic sure enough but their love of God was real and that shows in many historic writings. They didn't come here to wipe the red man off the planet and take over the world. They simply came here to live and worship without fear.

I thought the Muslim quote was interesting because when I first started reading it I thought I was reading a Christian's post...of course I quickly realized it wasn't. I just thought it was interesting that apparently some Muslims at least are saying the same thing as some Christians. Okay.. they also have the first five books of our Bible in their books... so we toss it out? Catholics say some things the same as Protestants and Protestants say some same things as Catholic. JW's say some things the same... Mormons... the list is long. A lady possessed by demons spoke the gospel truth before Paul cast the demon out of her... it happens.

He blessed us certainly when we didn't deserve it. When World War 2 broke out..and the Great Depression hit..I wonder what people were thinking then? Were they saying the same things? They needed to turn back to God? Maybe they did and maybe they did repent then. I don't know. It would be interesting to know though. I know I read a diary once of someone that believed the end was here in Europe during the Black Plague that killed so many. Many did. As to Europe... many believed it the end of the world too sure enough. Folks believed Hitler was the antichrist and after that didn't pan out they believed Kissenger was the AntiChrist... there are some that believe Obama is... so what? Biblical ignorance has been around for many years and is still here. It happens. Doesn't change truth though.

I know judgment is coming. I just don't think what happened to those people with the storms is God's judgment. And I certainly don't think its mother nature..since their is no such thing.You're not required to believe it. The Bible says that folks won't believe it's God's judgment even in the grand finale. Many don't believe that Jesus is real and many that do don't really believe that He's coming back or certainly He wouldn't do so in their lifetime! That will be the belief of many the day Jesus splits the skies too... Bible tells us that.

I know something is going on but I tend to agree with danield more on this.

God bless
WHat do you think could be going on?

Lot was righteous and it didn't stop God from destroying those cities. God simply rescued him from the coming judgment. During Jeremiah's time there were righteous folk and yet lo and behold... judgment still fell on Israel and many died as they were invaded. God's God and He shows mercy on whom He shows mercy and wrath on whom He shows wrath. Thinking this nation is good enough to avoid God's wrath simply because there are some righteous folk on earth is void of biblical thinking really. A righteous man or even 100 or 1000 among multiple millions... if that was all it took then God would never judge a nation now or in times past. It's horribly flawed logic.

ProjectPeter
Apr 30th 2011, 02:08 AM
I've always wondered why God would allow those that He Himself saw as righteous to suffer right along with those that he was bringing punishment or judgment on. Isn't the whole point of judgment to punish those that are guilty? :confused

Why did the apostles have to die the way they died after serving Him so faithfully those years? Why did God allow a man like David Wilkerson to die in a car crash instead of just going to sleep and never waking up? I have no answers to questions such as that.. I am not God. It rains on the just and unjust and when there is no rain... it usually works that way as well. If we have faith... none of what happens should really matter to us anyway. We're only here for a season anyway in the grand scheme of eternity. If God rains a 100 pound hailstone on the earth and one of them takes me out... it happens and there ya go! Coming home and thinking I'll not complain!

moonglow
Apr 30th 2011, 02:47 AM
I just listened to the radio show link too and no one is saying that we shouldn't help those people, pray for those people, and share the love of Christ with those people. Anyone that knows me personally and anyone that has read the number of post that I have made on this forum over the years should know that well. All of those things are things that we must do. That has nothing to do though with anything that I am speaking of. God's judgment on a nation is that.

See this is what has got me so confused. You say yes we should have this kind of response to them...yet your first post on here was about God's judgement on them. Its very confusing to me. :confused I posted that link to the radio because what he said should be our only response ...not trying to figure out if this is God's judgment or not. I intended for this thread to be focused on what these people were going through and to hear from others as how the weather has been for them. Its gone off in a direction I never intended or wanted..its distracted us from being in prayer for them.

As to those that want to make an issue of sin not being a reason why God judges a nation... okie dokie I guess. Not sure what is read when you read Scripture but hey... feeling better about stuff is how we work today and I guess that makes folks feel better.

I never said that. I said actually that every nation in this world is in sin and deserving of God's judgment. But I believe that judgment will come when Christ returns because that is what the bible says. We aren't living in the OT times anymore..otherwise why did Christ do what He did? I already talked about all this before and now I am just repeating myself.

I know you weren't talking to me on this post but I wanted to point out there are many, many nations not mentioned in the bible. Canada isn't...China isn't...Austrial isn't...most of Africa isn't..none of South America is mentioned...there is a huge, huge list of countries not mentioned. Most nations are not mentioned in the bible actually. It doesn't mean they are gone from the picture...just the picture at that time was focused mostly on the middle east...Rome of course since they ruled many nations and a small part of Africa. We think because we have been powerful we should be in there somewhere but Bethlehem was a small town with no riches, no powers and it was the highlight of Christ's birth. Our nation and many others aren't mentioned because they had nothing to do with what was going on there at that time in history. If it comes down to only those nations mentioned in the bible still here when Christ returns...then most of the world will have been destroyed..lost or disappeared and I think the bible would have mentioned that.

Warrior4God

There were many righteous that died and were taken into captivity etc throughout the Old Testament. When God let loose on a nation... it was often times no man above another in that regard. I know that folks like to point to Lot and Job etc as examples of nothing bad happening to believers... but that isn't always the case when it comes to God's judging a nation.
I've always wondered why God would allow those that He Himself saw as righteous to suffer right along with those that he was bringing punishment or judgment on. Isn't the whole point of judgment to punish those that are guilty? If the innocent are treated equally to the guilty, and the final end results are the same for the two, what is the point of doing what is right?

I would recommend you read through the OT..there is a pattern of the righteous being saved...removed or even when taken into slavery were treated well...as the case was with Daniel and his friends. God was with Joseph when he was sold into slavery...who later saved Israel from starvation. Though no judgment was on them or Egypt...God worked through Joseph to save his nation. :) So sometimes yes...natural disasters happened without it being the wrath of God and He helps them.

God saved Noah and his family. God saved Lot and his family. God saved a prostitute and her family. When God's wrath did come down on Egypt because of them forcing cruel slavery on the Hebrews...even the Hebrews livestock was spared..not one Hebrew died because of the wrath of God.

God even had His prophets tell specific families in the OT when the nation was under His judgment to either flee and where to hide..or quietly give up to the enemy so they wouldn't be killed...they were taken as slave and treated well actually. One time the prophet told a king to do this and he and his family would be saved...the king fled..was tracked down and killed and so was his family. The whole nation was under judgment yet all through it God did work with the individuals. Its really amazing to see. Hopefully tomorrow I can find those scriptures and post them. The innocent that did die when a nation was under God's judgement, were children and babies...there parents refused to repent along with the rest of the nation. What the parent do, does have conquenses for their children and actually that still holds true for today.

God bless

ProjectPeter
Apr 30th 2011, 03:20 AM
See this is what has got me so confused. You say yes we should have this kind of response to them...yet your first post on here was about God's judgement on them. Its very confusing to me. :confused I posted that link to the radio because what he said should be our only response ...not trying to figure out if this is God's judgment or not. I intended for this thread to be focused on what these people were going through and to hear from others as how the weather has been for them. Its gone off in a direction I never intended or wanted..its distracted us from being in prayer for them. Why is that confusing? Why is this distracting from prayer for them? Why should that be our only response? Who makes these rules? Why telling folks that judgment is coming and God's getting your attention any less an act of love than me helping them dig through the rubble while telling them this?

I never said that. I said actually that every nation in this world is in sin and deserving of God's judgment. But I believe that judgment will come when Christ returns because that is what the bible says. We aren't living in the OT times anymore..otherwise why did Christ do what He did? I already talked about all this before and now I am just repeating myself. Um... someone forgot to tell the folks that lied to Peter and the Holy Spirit about this! Someone forgot to tell BarJesus this as well! Doubt seriously that convincing them of judgment is reserved until Christ returns would get very far! Same with Israel and that whole Titus situation long about 70AD! There is nothing Scriptural that says God stopped judging people and nations for a span of time until the Lord returns. Final judgment is final judgment... but God hasn't changed. How He worked way back... how He works still.

I know you weren't talking to me on this post but I wanted to point out there are many, many nations not mentioned in the bible. Canada isn't...China isn't...Austrial isn't...most of Africa isn't..none of South America is mentioned...there is a huge, huge list of countries not mentioned. Most nations are not mentioned in the bible actually. It doesn't mean they are gone from the picture...just the picture at that time was focused mostly on the middle east...Rome of course since they ruled many nations and a small part of Africa. We think because we have been powerful we should be in there somewhere but Bethlehem was a small town with no riches, no powers and it was the highlight of Christ's birth. Our nation and many others aren't mentioned because they had nothing to do with what was going on there at that time in history. If it comes down to only those nations mentioned in the bible still here when Christ returns...then most of the world will have been destroyed..lost or disappeared and I think the bible would have mentioned that. Didn't say they wouldn't still be here MG. Said they aren't major players in the events. Big difference and the Bible was pretty specific. The US isn't Canada... China is mentioned by the way although not called China. As to the US... we are the super-power and I assure you that God gave us common sense for a purpose. As the super-power that puts their fingers in most every pie in the world... there would be some mention of us if we were a major player. ;)

There are some that believe we are mentioned... stated that already. If anything, we might sound an awful lot like the mystery Babylon but I certainly wouldn't wish that on us for the sake of just being in there. We fit a lot of that so I don't discount it totally... just not totally convinced either.

I would recommend you read through the OT..there is a pattern of the righteous being saved...removed or even when taken into slavery were treated well...as the case was with Daniel and his friends. God was with Joseph when he was sold into slavery...who later saved Israel from starvation. Though no judgment was on them or Egypt...God worked through Joseph to save his nation. :) So sometimes yes...natural disasters happened without it being the wrath of God and He helps them.

God saved Noah and his family. God saved Lot and his family. God saved a prostitute and her family. When God's wrath did come down on Egypt because of them forcing cruel slavery on the Hebrews...even the Hebrews livestock was spared..not one Hebrew died because of the wrath of God.

God even had His prophets tell specific families in the OT when the nation was under His judgment to either flee and where to hide..or quietly give up to the enemy so they wouldn't be killed...they were taken as slave and treated well actually. One time the prophet told a king to do this and he and his family would be saved...the king fled..was tracked down and killed and so was his family. The whole nation was under judgment yet all through it God did work with the individuals. Its really amazing to see. Hopefully tomorrow I can find those scriptures and post them. The innocent that did die when a nation was under God's judgement, were children and babies...there parents refused to repent along with the rest of the nation. What the parent do, does have conquenses for their children and actually that still holds true for today.

God bless
I have read the Old Testament probably about as many times over the years as you have likely pushed the power button on your computer over the years. I stated clearly that God knows how to rescue the righteous... Lot being an example. That being said too... and it is in that same Old Testament... there are times that the righteous perish with the unrighteous. God didn't rescue any of the apostle's save probably John if history is correct and even that would not be seen by many as being spared much what with being banned on an island with lepers and boiled in hot oil. Tribulation will come to us... many believers will die by cause or by martyrdom. That's a biblical fact regardless of how much we might think God's going to yank us out of the fire every time just because we're believers.

moonglow
Apr 30th 2011, 03:14 PM
Just an update on the news: Death toll from Southern tornadoes now at 340, making it second-deadliest tornado outbreak in U.S. history.

Officials still counting deaths on 3rd day after storms (http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/04/30/severe.weather/index.html?hpt=T1)
Since 1680, there has been only one other date in U.S. history on which more people died during a severe weather outbreak. On March 18, 1925, a severe storm system swept across seven states killing 747 people, according to the National Weather Service.

Weather officials say the reason why so many perished was due to the size and path of the tornadoes. Meteorologists rely on what is called an "Enhanced Fujita Scale" to rate the severity of tornadoes.

The lowest ranking, EF-0, applies to twisters with recorded 3-second wind gusts of between 65 mph and 85 mph, according to the National Weather Service. The highest, an EF-5, is assigned to tornadoes with speeds of over 200 mph

The weather service has so far recorded 11 tornadoes with EF-3 ratings or higher that struck central and north Alabama on Wednesday. Some of the twisters were three-quarters of a mile wide and traveled dozens of miles, experts said.

"That's an astounding amount for a single day tornado event." said Krissy Scotten, a weather service meteorologist in Birmingham. "It's one of those instances where you had very large tornadoes on very long tracks hitting heavily populated areas."

"When you put that together, you're going to see large loss of life and massive devastation," Scotten said.

An EF-4 touched down in Hackleburg, killing 29 people in the town of nearly 1,600 residents.

The storms destroyed almost every business in the city. A doctor's office. The pharmacy. A ball field.

"It's pretty much wiped out," said Marion County Sheriff Kevin Williams. "It looks like a war zone."

Oh I missed this before in the last part of the article:

Those who survived the disaster thanked God or simple luck.

Gar and Nettie Blume, husband and wife attorneys, were leaving their Tuscaloosa office Wednesday evening when the storms struck.

"We felt the pressure and heard the window implode," Gar Blume told CNN. "And the next thing we knew we had debris falling on us."

Added Nettie Blume, "We were just really lucky that the one place the roof fell off and didn't have something covering (us) was where we were. Everywhere else we would have been buried and waiting ... or dead."

Terry Nicholson, a nearby resident, pulled the Blumes out of the rubble. The only reason he survived -- and his house was still standing -- was divine intervention, he said.

"Everything was laid down and we were still standing," Nicholson said.. "It had to be my God."

Another reason why I do not see this as the wrath of God...if it was His wrath why would He spare anyone?

Please keep praying for them. Also watch for the stories of miracles that happened in these storms. There are always stories of miracles because God IS with people in times of disasters. :)

God bless

moonglow
Apr 30th 2011, 03:46 PM
[QUOTE=ProjectPeter;2669551]Why is that confusing? Why is this distracting from prayer for them? Why should that be our only response? Who makes these rules? Why telling folks that judgment is coming and God's getting your attention any less an act of love than me helping them dig through the rubble while telling them this?

Ok image this...you go down there to help out and offer them food, shelter..prayer.. comforting those weeping on your shoulder then during this act of love and generosity you say oh by the way, this is God's judgment on you. How do you suppose a person would react to that? Can you tell them they are just a casualty in God judging our nation and its not personal? Or maybe it is personal..maybe their town had a few too many bars in it. I don't know because you didn't say what the prophesies were...what sins did they need to repent of?

Um... someone forgot to tell the folks that lied to Peter and the Holy Spirit about this! Someone forgot to tell BarJesus this as well! Doubt seriously that convincing them of judgment is reserved until Christ returns would get very far! Same with Israel and that whole Titus situation long about 70AD!

Actually it was Jesus Himself that gave the prophesies of Jerusalem being destroyed under the wrath of God because they had rejected Him and history shows us every single believer fled just as Jesus warned them to do and were spared the wrath of God.

9 For God did not appoint us to wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, 10 who died for us, that whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with Him.

Luke 21
20 “But when you see Jerusalem surrounded by armies, then know that its desolation is near. 21 Then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains, let those who are in the midst of her depart, and let not those who are in the country enter her. 22 For these are the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.

Historical records show when the believers saw the city being surrounded by the Roman army, they fled the city and they didn't die in the slaughter that came.

As far as I know this was the last true prophecy of a nation being judged and it happening in a similar OT fashion...God using a pagan nation to punish His people. I don't see where it says God would continue sending prophets to give His Word for them to repent or else...except when the final judgment comes and all the nations are judged. The prophets were for the Jews to get them to repent and turn back to Him. Once they rejected His Son there was a final (earthly) judgment on them...then everything changed. Israel was no more. There is no temple...animal sacrifices stopped. What we have now is a nation very unlike the Israel in the bible...and made up of alot of people of different beliefs or none at all. Its more secular then anything else. The pagan nations judged in the OT were judged because of their treatment of God's people. I just do not see modern day prophets working like they did in the OT.

There is nothing Scriptural that says God stopped judging people and nations for a span of time until the Lord returns. Final judgment is final judgment... but God hasn't changed. How He worked way back... how He works still.

I disagree.

Didn't say they wouldn't still be here MG. Said they aren't major players in the events. Big difference and the Bible was pretty specific. The US isn't Canada... China is mentioned by the way although not called China. As to the US... we are the super-power and I assure you that God gave us common sense for a purpose. As the super-power that puts their fingers in most every pie in the world... there would be some mention of us if we were a major player. ;)

There are some that believe we are mentioned... stated that already. If anything, we might sound an awful lot like the mystery Babylon but I certainly wouldn't wish that on us for the sake of just being in there. We fit a lot of that so I don't discount it totally... just not totally convinced either.

I don't believe America is Babylon either.

I have read the Old Testament probably about as many times over the years as you have likely pushed the power button on your computer over the years. I stated clearly that God knows how to rescue the righteous... Lot being an example. That being said too... and it is in that same Old Testament... there are times that the righteous perish with the unrighteous.

I would like some examples so I know what you are talking about. Off the top of my head the only righteous person I can think of dying was King Saul's son, Jonathan...who was fighting along side with his father. While the bible doesn't say Jonathan was guilty of anything..he was a good person and one David loved and considered his best friend and was deeply grieved when Jonathan died.

God didn't rescue any of the apostle's save probably John if history is correct and even that would not be seen by many as being spared much what with being banned on an island with lepers and boiled in hot oil.

See this is completely different then the wrath of God. God wasn't angry at the disciples and caused their death. His wrath was not upon them. This was purely dying for their faith...they were persecute for their faith by the wicked. Jesus told them they would be hated and would die for their faith in fact.

Matthew 24
9 “Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations for My name’s sake.

And John knew fully well he wasn't under the wrath of God or being punished by God but persecuted for his faith in God:

Revelation 1
9 I, John, both your brother and companion in the tribulation and kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was on the island that is called Patmos for the word of God and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Tribulation will come to us... many believers will die by cause or by martyrdom. That's a biblical fact regardless of how much we might think God's going to yank us out of the fire every time just because we're believers.

But we won't die under His wrath.

I never said we would be spared..Christians die all the time because of their faith around the world...but there is a huge difference between being under His wrath, dying under it compared to dying for our faith. That is why I don't think the tornado's are God's wrath...because both believers and nonbelievers died. The believers didn't die because they were being persecuted for their faith. I am not the only one on this board to think these storms weren't the wrath of God either: http://bibleforums.org/showthread.php/224370-God-s-Wrath

God bless

ClayInHisHands
Apr 30th 2011, 09:12 PM
I don't know if we can call it the wrath of God, but He certainly allowed these tornadoes(Tsunami's etc.) to happen. It would not be a good assumption on nobody's part that not one believer perished in this tradegy. Our Father clearly made no mistake of bringing those home whom He chose to, and also allowing those whom He wanted to stay...to stay.

Those who perished are in the presence of Jesus NOW. Those believers who were spared...there's a reason they were spared. God will reveal it to them in His own time. Those who were not believers who persished are not in the presence of Jesus. Those unbelievers who were spared...there's a reason they were spared too. God will reveal it to them in His own time also. The point is that God allows everything to happen and if He chooses to spare some(believers or unbelievers) and intervene...He can and will. Everything has a purpose. There can be consequences to our decisions in this life that we may scratch our heads one day and say...how in the world did that have to do with that decision I made?

Praise God for those who are in His hand and are at home. Prasie God for those who are in His hand and are still here. May God have mercy on those who are still here as unbelievers and may they turn to the one true God and repent....for they have been given another chance....maybe even their last.

danield
May 1st 2011, 02:32 AM
I think God created this earth to have circumstances of difficulties. His promise of life here on earth is not one of freedom of misfortune, but freedom from fear of these misgivings. When the Lord is with you, you can have the burdens of Job on your shoulders and still have the warmth of love from God in your heart burning bright. He gives us the resilience and the assurance to know that he is with us always.

I personally think in the old testament God was grooming Israel to bear his son. He had to lead them with a hard hand at times in order to prepare the way for his birth. The final lesson to Israel was Christ’s life. Of course Christ came when Israel’s ministries were growing in corruption. It was emerging into a ministry as the blind leading the blind, and Jesus was the light that would lead them out of their misguided teaching. I look for the same situation to occur before his return.

I think the Lord’s goal is to set a proper path for people and to allow them to choose their way. When the path becomes so muddied up he has to step in to guide us. Are we at the point in which we do not understand or reject the message of Christ? I see part of the church headed off into a whole new gospel, and then I see another segment of the church remaining stead fast loving God and following his laws.

I noticed a couple of post looking at the USA as Babylon. I do not think America is Babylon. I think Babylon will emerge from the Middle East. I do think America will embrace them because of our dependence on oil from them. I think we in some form of government will basically ally very closely with the Muslim nations for their oi (but they will still hate us)l. In essence I am saying that we will become the harlot, but not Babylon. I think there is a distinction between the two. If you look at how things are now it is really shaping up closely matching what I am talking about, and it matches the texts fairly closely. I don’t think we have seven evil rulers yet, but think in time it can happen. It may all start by the church allowing gay marriages to become a holy union. This is a hot issue of our generation, and many are callous to even calling it a sin. So when the church starts sanctifying a sinful union in the Lord’s name, and we have had seven rulers who have been really bad… that is when I am going to buckle up!

moonglow
May 1st 2011, 02:37 AM
Just a bit in a news story on one of these towns hit...people really do believe God was working to keep them safe. :)

Be sure and watch the video too:

Killer Tornadoes: Tales of Survival, Tragedy From Southeast Hit by Twisters (http://abcnews.go.com/US/alabama-tornadoes-2011-tales-survival-tragedy-southeast-hit/story?id=13479401&page=1)

For Jim and Sherryl Brewer, a quick trip to the Food Lion supermarket for a gallon of milk Wednesday in Ringgold, Ga., quickly turned into a scene straight from the "Wizard of Oz."

As they pulled into the store's parking lot, the storm system that has brought deadly twisters, soaking rains and damaging winds to the Southeast this week arrived.

"When I opened the door the first time, the wind just took it and wrapped it around. I knew then it was too late," Jim Brewer said. Now stuck in their Toyota Forerunner, the couple tried to ride out the tornado.

"My husband put his arm through the steering wheel and grabbed hold of me," Sherryl Brewer said. "We just kind of held onto each other."

The twister shattered the car's windows and spun the car around, lifting its back end several times.

"We had glass in our hair. There was blood all over my hands and my legs. ... I've got little cuts where the glass went flying through the air," Sherryl Brewer said. "I don't think it lasted more than 15 seconds."

When the tornado moved on, the Brewers' car was on its side and the pair were pinned inside. Jim Brewer said they got out of the car through the sunroof after yelling for help.

"God was looking after us. There is a God. He took care of us," he said.

Of course I realize that raises the question ..was God not with those that died? I think He was actually. I think He was closes to them then the ones that made it in fact.

God bless

moonglow
May 1st 2011, 03:03 AM
I think we need to keep student of the Lamb in our prayers...A mandatory evacuation was issued Saturday for a southwestern Illinois town threatened by the rain-swollen Mississippi River, an order that was issued as the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers weighed whether to blow up a levee and flood rural farm communities to save the town. (http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/04/30/missouri.levee.breach/index.html?hpt=T2)

From the news story it sounds like she or he, might be in the middle of all this.

ProjectPeter
May 1st 2011, 05:47 AM
[QUOTE]

Ok image this...you go down there to help out and offer them food, shelter..prayer.. comforting those weeping on your shoulder then during this act of love and generosity you say oh by the way, this is God's judgment on you. How do you suppose a person would react to that? Can you tell them they are just a casualty in God judging our nation and its not personal? Or maybe it is personal..maybe their town had a few too many bars in it. I don't know because you didn't say what the prophesies were...what sins did they need to repent of?
Uh... I would hope that they take it personal... judgment is very much personal and every one of us will face it. Hell is going to be up close and personal MG.. the gospel is personal... that's the point.

Actually it was Jesus Himself that gave the prophesies of Jerusalem being destroyed under the wrath of God because they had rejected Him and history shows us every single believer fled just as Jesus warned them to do and were spared the wrath of God. Huh? Not sure where you get that info. Please don't post a link to some website... don't care what Bucky The Beaver for Jesus has to say.

Luke 21
20 “But when you see Jerusalem surrounded by armies, then know that its desolation is near. 21 Then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains, let those who are in the midst of her depart, and let not those who are in the country enter her. 22 For these are the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.

Historical records show when the believers saw the city being surrounded by the Roman army, they fled the city and they didn't die in the slaughter that came. Interesting... must have been some super secret Christian counter outside of Jerusalem that left some secret writings that solidifies that absolutely every single believer got out and didn't die! Okay then!

No one knows any such thing with any such surety. As with other Scripture... righteous folk die when God's wrath comes down. Again... read the Prophets and it speaks of that plenty. The most righteous king in all of Israel ever didn't just lay down and die peacefully in his sleep MG. Seriously... you are painting an escapism picture here that doesn't exist. Some will die and even in times of God pouring out His wrath. Some will be put in prison... some will hunger and thirst. It happens.

As far as I know this was the last true prophecy of a nation being judged and it happening in a similar OT fashion...God using a pagan nation to punish His people. I don't see where it says God would continue sending prophets to give His Word for them to repent or else...except when the final judgment comes and all the nations are judged. The prophets were for the Jews to get them to repent and turn back to Him. Once they rejected His Son there was a final (earthly) judgment on them...then everything changed. Israel was no more. There is no temple...animal sacrifices stopped. What we have now is a nation very unlike the Israel in the bible...and made up of alot of people of different beliefs or none at all. Its more secular then anything else. The pagan nations judged in the OT were judged because of their treatment of God's people. I just do not see modern day prophets working like they did in the OT.You don't see them could be for a number of reasons but how does this work... you don't see them therefore they aren't? How many arguments have you had with Atheist over the years using that very logic against you?

I disagree. You disagree? So you believe that God has changed.. interesting and quite unscriptural.

I don't believe America is Babylon either.

I would like some examples so I know what you are talking about. Off the top of my head the only righteous person I can think of dying was King Saul's son, Jonathan...who was fighting along side with his father. While the bible doesn't say Jonathan was guilty of anything..he was a good person and one David loved and considered his best friend and was deeply grieved when Jonathan died.

See this is completely different then the wrath of God. God wasn't angry at the disciples and caused their death. His wrath was not upon them. This was purely dying for their faith...they were persecute for their faith by the wicked. Jesus told them they would be hated and would die for their faith in fact.

Matthew 24
9 “Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations for My name’s sake.

And John knew fully well he wasn't under the wrath of God or being punished by God but persecuted for his faith in God:

Revelation 1
9 I, John, both your brother and companion in the tribulation and kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was on the island that is called Patmos for the word of God and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.

But we won't die under His wrath.

I never said we would be spared..Christians die all the time because of their faith around the world...but there is a huge difference between being under His wrath, dying under it compared to dying for our faith. That is why I don't think the tornado's are God's wrath...because both believers and nonbelievers died. The believers didn't die because they were being persecuted for their faith. I am not the only one on this board to think these storms weren't the wrath of God either: http://bibleforums.org/showthread.php/224370-God-s-Wrath

God bless

I don't care if folks believe it frankly.... they will soon enough or they never will. That's not something that I can control nor would I try. I'll preach it though. God's ticked off and He's judging America the not so beautiful anymore. This sort of thing will be the things we see more and more regular as it sucks our baskets dry and we're broke and out of food and all sorts of stuff. I know we like to think that can't be because hey... we've got a bunch of churches and people that love the Lord and all... but folks don't think. If that in some way holds God back... then God is never going to judge the world again because hey... remember Abraham... But if there is ten righteous? And shoot... there are at least ten in my own church!!!! That's a pipe dream really and it totally discounts the whole of Scripture when one attempts such logic as that.

Most folks will still be going on about it not being God's judgment... I suspect most will when most the stuff written in Revelation starts to fly around... shoot... Christian's will be the loudest hollering IT AIN'T GOD!!!! But then hey... Bible says that sort of thing will happen too. The unbeliever will curse Him but at least that tells us that they know where it is coming from. ;)

I'll give you some other examples of other folks dying tomorrow when it's not so late.

moonglow
May 1st 2011, 07:50 PM
[QUOTE=ProjectPeter;2670073][QUOTE=moonglow;2669682]Uh... I would hope that they take it personal... judgment is very much personal and every one of us will face it. Hell is going to be up close and personal MG.. the gospel is personal... that's the point.

Yes I know judgment will come for all of us:

Hebrews 9:
27 And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment, 28 so Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many. To those who eagerly wait for Him He will appear a second time, apart from sin, for salvation.

And I know God will discipline those He loves too.

It would be very helpful for me and I am sure others if we knew what these prophecies about America was about as I asked before. Did they say God would send tornado's to certain parts of the country? Every time a natural disaster hits anywhere in the world now someone says God is judging them...how do we know that? I used Job as an example to show sometimes when bad things happens its not God doing it and I posted scriptures too showing this earth is sin fallen and corrupted also and is suffering the effects of the fall. But you said Job didn't work because its about a nation, but now saying, yes it is personal for each individual. :confused

I talked about Adam and Eve and how they didn't need clothing or shelter because the world wasn't full of death from natural disasters...storms, earthquakes...until they sinned that is. Famine happened in Joseph time that had nothing to do with judgment of God or satan doing anything. Genesis 41 Why did the famine happen? Because the world is broken. God worked through Joseph so people wouldn't starve to death.

Romans 8:20-22 (New King James Version)

20 For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it in hope; 21 because the creation itself also will be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. 22 For we know that the whole creation groans and labors with birth pangs together until now.

Actually it was Jesus Himself that gave the prophesies of Jerusalem being destroyed under the wrath of God because they had rejected Him and history shows us every single believer fled just as Jesus warned them to do and were spared the wrath of God.

Huh? Not sure where you get that info. Please don't post a link to some website... don't care what Bucky The Beaver for Jesus has to say.

Joe Blow didn't write this..there is ancient historical documents showing this is true, writing by Josephus, who was a Jewish historian and lived during the siege of Jerusalem. He was a first hand witness to the events that took place.

The abomination of desolation is usually held to mean the encirclement of the Holy City by the Roman armies prior to its destruction. That the Christian might have the opportunity to flee after such a deployment as that might have appeared impossible, due to the encircling armies; but the army of Titus, commanded by Cestius Gallus, for some inexplicable reason, lifted the siege, providing the Christians a chance to escape. In Book II of his Wars, section 24, Josephus said, "For Cestius removed his army, and having received no loss, very unadvisedly departed from the city."

The reference to taking the things out of one's house was to emphasize the need for haste and urgency. It is a historical fact that the Christians did, in fact, take flight to safety during the brief respite allowed them by Gallus' withdrawal.

Interesting... must have been some super secret Christian counter outside of Jerusalem that left some secret writings that solidifies that absolutely every single believer got out and didn't die! Okay then!

No one knows any such thing with any such surety. As with other Scripture... righteous folk die when God's wrath comes down. Again... read the Prophets and it speaks of that plenty. The most righteous king in all of Israel ever didn't just lay down and die peacefully in his sleep MG. Seriously... you are painting an escapism picture here that doesn't exist. Some will die and even in times of God pouring out His wrath. Some will be put in prison... some will hunger and thirst. It happens.

If you are talking about King David I know he didn't die peacefully. Never said that every Christian would. Its a sin fallen world...bad things happen to believers and nonbelievers all the time. You know what our Pastor covered this morning? "If God is good and all powerful why is there evil in the world?" and he included earthquakes...abuse...spouses walking out on the family. And once again he told us being a Christian doesn't protect us from the bad things in this life...I know that. Bad things happen all the time to believers. I never said they didn't. But there is a vast difference between bad things happening to us because we live in a sin fallen world and just getting caught somehow in God's wrath.

Where is God when we are suffering? He is with us.

Hebrews 2
18: For because he himself has suffered when tempted, he is able to help those who are being tempted.

Christ suffered every things we suffer through and knows what it is like and comforts us in that suffering. He is closer to those suffering.

When I read the wrath of God coming down on a person, or nation in the OT, He isn't comforting them. He is angry... Very angry. Later (if they are His people as opposed to a pagan nation) He will comfort them and brings them back to Him..but not during the punishment.

As far as I know this was the last true prophecy of a nation being judged and it happening in a similar OT fashion...God using a pagan nation to punish His people. I don't see where it says God would continue sending prophets to give His Word for them to repent or else...except when the final judgment comes and all the nations are judged. The prophets were for the Jews to get them to repent and turn back to Him. Once they rejected His Son there was a final (earthly) judgment on them...then everything changed. Israel was no more. There is no temple...animal sacrifices stopped. What we have now is a nation very unlike the Israel in the bible...and made up of alot of people of different beliefs or none at all. Its more secular then anything else. The pagan nations judged in the OT were judged because of their treatment of God's people. I just do not see modern day prophets working like they did in the OT.

You don't see them could be for a number of reasons but how does this work... you don't see them therefore they aren't? How many arguments have you had with Atheist over the years using that very logic against you?

I said I don't see them working like they did in the OT...they don't. I didn't say I don't hear about these prophets or listen to them myself or read their prophecies but they aren't working like the prophets in the OT did. And so far I haven't seen any of their prophecies comes true. Which is also vastly different from the OT prophets.

You disagree? So you believe that God has changed.. interesting and quite unscriptural.

I never said God changed but He has obviously changed how He does things otherwise we would still be living under the OT laws. Wouldn't you agree? Christ brought a New Covenant. We are no longer bound by the laws. That is a big change but it certainly doesn't change the nature of God at all. He worked with Abraham before there were commandments and laws and didn't change when He put the laws and commandments into place.

I don't care if folks believe it frankly.... they will soon enough or they never will. That's not something that I can control nor would I try. I'll preach it though. God's ticked off and He's judging America the not so beautiful anymore. This sort of thing will be the things we see more and more regular as it sucks our baskets dry and we're broke and out of food and all sorts of stuff. I know we like to think that can't be because hey... we've got a bunch of churches and people that love the Lord and all... but folks don't think. If that in some way holds God back... then God is never going to judge the world again because hey... remember Abraham... But if there is ten righteous? And shoot... there are at least ten in my own church!!!! That's a pipe dream really and it totally discounts the whole of Scripture when one attempts such logic as that.

Most folks will still be going on about it not being God's judgment... I suspect most will when most the stuff written in Revelation starts to fly around... shoot... Christian's will be the loudest hollering IT AIN'T GOD!!!! But then hey... Bible says that sort of thing will happen too. The unbeliever will curse Him but at least that tells us that they know where it is coming from. ;)

I'll give you some other examples of other folks dying tomorrow when it's not so late.

Like I said before their is a different between God's wrath and Christians being persecuted for their faith. Many are looking for the antichrist/beast and the persecuted that come. They expect to die a horrible death FOR God not because of Him.

One of the things the pastor brought up this morning was how first suffering comes from sin. Romans 5:12. But alot of what we are suffering from right this minute is sins we are doing to ourselves or to others and we could stop it. Alot of the bad things happening in America right now I agree we brought on ourselves. God doesn't have to lift a finger because we are doing it to ourselves...the economy I am speaking of. The weather.. as others have said He doesn't use the weather to pound people with. The weather is bad because this earth is dying and its dying from the cancer it was struck with 7,000 years ago or more...whenever Adam and Eve lived. Of course its getting sicker and sicker...as pastor said also, God doesn't stutter either....when something comes down from Him everyone will know it.

But God promises this:

Revelation 21
All Things Made New
1 Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea. 2 Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God. 4 And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.”
5 Then He who sat on the throne said, “Behold, I make all things new.” And He said to me, “Write, for these words are true and faithful.”

God bless

moonglow
May 1st 2011, 08:12 PM
I tried to post that several times and kept getting a message saying the server is busy and to try again later. Finally got it on but can't edit it as it says the same thing. I wanted to add, the yes I of all people know Christians don't always die peacefully. My dad was a good Christian...died horribly in a car accident. I have never seen that as God's wrath, or satan's doing ...but simply the fallen world we live in. Sometimes terribly things happen for sure.

God bless

ProjectPeter
May 1st 2011, 08:44 PM
Yes I know judgment will come for all of us:

Hebrews 9:
27 And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment, 28 so Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many. To those who eagerly wait for Him He will appear a second time, apart from sin, for salvation.

And I know God will discipline those He loves too.

It would be very helpful for me and I am sure others if we knew what these prophecies about America was about as I asked before. Did they say God would send tornado's to certain parts of the country? Every time a natural disaster hits anywhere in the world now someone says God is judging them...how do we know that? I used Job as an example to show sometimes when bad things happens its not God doing it and I posted scriptures too showing this earth is sin fallen and corrupted also and is suffering the effects of the fall. But you said Job didn't work because its about a nation, but now saying, yes it is personal for each individual. :confused

Yes, tornado's were specifically mentioned... called, "really bad outbreaks of tornado's that will cause much destruction and even death because they will hit many populated areas."

Even with Job MG... you say God didn't do it and there is where you are wrong. God did it when God took down that hedge that was protecting Job and turned satan loose on Job. This is what gets folks into trouble because we say that God didn't do this and the unbeliever has sense enough to realize some very simple stuff. If God would have told Satan that He wasn't taking down the hedge because Job was a righteous man... then what happened to Job wouldn't have happened to Job. We can say the "devil did it" but the reality is... the devil did nothing without God's doing.

And Job was an individual just as Jeremiah was an individual who suffered along with much of Israel when the nation was judged. He didn't die... but he suffered greatly. Israel was judged and God pronounced an event coming and Josiah, the most righteous king ever in Israel.... he changed a lot of stuff. Did all that God expected of a king. It allowed a pause on that judgment but even he died in a battle because God's judgment had to take place. He wasn't going to relent... not even for the righteous.

When it rains or there is drought... when a tornado passes through... it does so and if there are righteous among unrighteous... both get wet, very dry, or blown around. That's nothing new. It is like during the last days and judgment hits... Scripture makes it clear that some will go by the sword and some by prison.

Revelation 13:7 *And it was given to him to make war with the saints and to overcome them; and authority over every tribe and people and tongue and nation was given to him.
8 *And all who dwell on the earth will worship him, everyone whose name has not been written from the foundation of the world in the book of life of the Lamb who has been slain.
9 *If anyone has an ear, let him hear.
10 *If anyone is destined for captivity, to captivity he goes; if anyone kills with the sword, with the sword he must be killed. Here is the perseverance and the faith of the saints.

Men will not be immune to "bad" things during this time. Out of the 350 folks that died... I don't know if there was a true Christian among them. Perhaps so... perhaps not. Did Christian folk lose their possessions? I figure that much more likely but then okay... so what? If they are Christian then those possessions don't mean that much to them anyway and they'll be fine with the help of the church doing what the church sure enough should do. The economic impact that all this will have... and again, it has just started as it is simply the end of April... will be MASSIVE. Massive economic impact is the last thing needed right now. It isn't going to be just the insurance companies either. Local governments got hit hard in this and they are mostly broke already. The Fed will jump in and loan money that they don't have and they are totally broke already. The Insurance companies will pay out multiple millions of dollars and again... it's just April. They have a long spring and summer before them just in this sort of weather... should another massive hurricane hit... or like a few years back, several hit... how much more can they stand before the Fed has to bail them out too or let it all go under thus sinking a lot of citizens ships. This is not a focus on the WEATHER as much as it should be what the weather is doing to us economically. We know there is going to be continued flooding and the corn crop is going to be hurt big time as well as other crops. That means up the price some more and the one constant economically is that food prices just keep going up. Folks that say that ain't so are folks that need to tell me where they live because that's where we all need to move. That being said... I'd wager they haven't really a clue what they were talking about anyway so it would ultimately be a non-issue. There are many, many, economic factors that come to play with this weather. Economic downfalls are certainly biblical examples of God's judgment on a nation. One can find that even early on in Scripture as Moses lets Israel know how God will judge them if they are not obedient to Him.

I talked about Adam and Eve and how they didn't need clothing or shelter because the world wasn't full of death from natural disasters...storms, earthquakes...until they sinned that is. Famine happened in Joseph time that had nothing to do with judgment of God or satan doing anything. Genesis 41 Why did the famine happen? Because the world is broken. God worked through Joseph so people wouldn't starve to death. No... God did that so that the Abraham's seed would be protected against the famine. That was the ultimate purpose behind it as well as to give them opportunity to thrive and grow as a nation. Prophetic that was too.... so you better know that God played a big hand in that... judgment or not. Keep in mind though... it did ultimately lead to judgment when the sin of the Amorites ran it's course. God told Abraham this some 400 years before it all played out.

Romans 8:20-22 (New King James Version)

20 For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it in hope; 21 because the creation itself also will be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. 22 For we know that the whole creation groans and labors with birth pangs together until now.

Joe Blow didn't write this..there is ancient historical documents showing this is true, writing by Josephus, who was a Jewish historian and lived during the siege of Jerusalem. He was a first hand witness to the events that took place.

The abomination of desolation is usually held to mean the encirclement of the Holy City by the Roman armies prior to its destruction. That the Christian might have the opportunity to flee after such a deployment as that might have appeared impossible, due to the encircling armies; but the army of Titus, commanded by Cestius Gallus, for some inexplicable reason, lifted the siege, providing the Christians a chance to escape. In Book II of his Wars, section 24, Josephus said, "For Cestius removed his army, and having received no loss, very unadvisedly departed from the city."

The reference to taking the things out of one's house was to emphasize the need for haste and urgency. It is a historical fact that the Christians did, in fact, take flight to safety during the brief respite allowed them by Gallus' withdrawal.
Julie... I am certain some Christian folk escaped just as I am certain some non-Christian folk did as well. That's not what you said... you said EVERY Christian left and not even Josephus makes such a bold claim.

you are talking about King David I know he didn't die peacefully. Never said that every Christian would. Its a sin fallen world...bad things happen to believers and nonbelievers all the time. You know what our Pastor covered this morning? "If God is good and all powerful why is there evil in the world?" and he included earthquakes...abuse...spouses walking out on the family. And once again he told us being a Christian doesn't protect us from the bad things in this life...I know that. Bad things happen all the time to believers. I never said they didn't. But there is a vast difference between bad things happening to us because we live in a sin fallen world and just getting caught somehow in God's wrath. David died pretty peacefully. The king I was speaking of I mentioned a couple of paragraphs above. And no... God's wrath is "bad things." How in the world you separate that is beyond my figuring out. We know the various ways that God showed His wrath on the nations and world. Weather issues are sure enough in play.... nothing new there.

Where is God when we are suffering? He is with us.

Hebrews 2
18: For because he himself has suffered when tempted, he is able to help those who are being tempted.

Christ suffered every things we suffer through and knows what it is like and comforts us in that suffering. He is closer to those suffering.

When I read the wrath of God coming down on a person, or nation in the OT, He isn't comforting them. He is angry... Very angry. Later (if they are His people as opposed to a pagan nation) He will comfort them and brings them back to Him..but not during the punishment. Do you really think that God, seeing what He sees from the US is not angry... very angry? God will comfort all that are His come one day no doubt. On this earth... many times, our comfort is built on the faith that we have but in reality... we might not feel so comforted.

I said I don't see them working like they did in the OT...they don't. I didn't say I don't hear about these prophets or listen to them myself or read their prophecies but they aren't working like the prophets in the OT did. And so far I haven't seen any of their prophecies comes true. Which is also vastly different from the OT prophets. If you are looking at self-proclaimed prophets on television and the Internet... you likely won't see. But again... you don't see it therefore it can't be possible? There are some out there working just like that and what they say, when they do say, sure enough happens. They're not going to be found on TBN, Daystar, and www.Imaprophet.org (http://www.Imaprophet.org) .

I never said God changed but He has obviously changed how He does things otherwise we would still be living under the OT laws. Wouldn't you agree? Go back and read... yes that's what you said in how you answered my question. And God doesn't change. That the Covenant changed is not God changing. God's ways are His ways and always will be His ways. God's patterns are just that... patterns that we can learn and understand and why Paul wrote what He did in 1 Corinthians 10 about the Old Testament being our example.

Christ brought a New Covenant. We are no longer bound by the laws. That is a big change but it certainly doesn't change the nature of God at all. He worked with Abraham before there were commandments and laws and didn't change when He put the laws and commandments into place.That's my point so no clue why you figure the need to point to a changed covenant. Changing covenants is also part of God's pattern and unchanging ways.

Like I said before their is a different between God's wrath and Christians being persecuted for their faith. Many are looking for the antichrist/beast and the persecuted that come. They expect to die a horrible death FOR God not because of Him. Right... and God didn't do anything to Job. He "allowed" it therefore God did nothing. In fact... God did everything. Job passed brilliantly and kept the faith. You want to make God simply a participant by proxy... that's exactly why many unbelievers stay unbelievers because when we try and defend God, when He needs none, to them it sounds silly.

One of the things the pastor brought up this morning was how first suffering comes from sin. Romans 5:12. But alot of what we are suffering from right this minute is sins we are doing to ourselves or to others and we could stop it. Alot of the bad things happening in America right now I agree we brought on ourselves. God doesn't have to lift a finger because we are doing it to ourselves...the economy I am speaking of. The weather.. as others have said He doesn't use the weather to pound people with. The weather is bad because this earth is dying and its dying from the cancer it was struck with 7,000 years ago or more...whenever Adam and Eve lived. Of course its getting sicker and sicker...as pastor said also, God doesn't stutter either....when something comes down from Him everyone will know it.

But God promises this:

Revelation 21
All Things Made New
1 Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea. 2 Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God. 4 And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.”
5 Then He who sat on the throne said, “Behold, I make all things new.” And He said to me, “Write, for these words are true and faithful.”

God blessYour pastor, like many others truth be told, is half right. Things do happen because of our own stupidity. We are stupid with our money and sinful lifestyle... sooner or later the chickens will come home to roost. Rest assured though... God can, does, and will send the chickens.

danield
May 1st 2011, 10:07 PM

I don’t think God’s wrath has come down on righteous people. I also disagree when I see people include Christ in that category. I think God allowed Christ to die, but it was not his hand that drove those spikes into that cross. It was the religious leaders and the roman authority of his day that wanted to protect their way of life that brought on the wrath of man. Christ and God the father knew what would happen, but they allowed it to take place to show their love for us in such a cruel and vicious world so people blame God for putting Christ in harm’s way. Well I just think that is wrong. I think God allowed it to happen just as he allowed Job’s difficulties to take place. I think there is a difference in allowing something to happen and taking action to make something happen.

Atheists want to throw blame on someone or something because things did not turn out perfect in their life. So God is the catch all for their troubles. However, they don’t believe in him of course. So they turn their hatred towards disproving his existence, and when they see the sun rise and the stars shine above, it is just a common occurrence brought on by the big bang. No one light the fuse nor put things into motion to make it happen.

I just don’t think God’s wrath is a common occurrence that happens randomly. I think those events are left in the “life” category. The difference being God’s wrath comes when life is altered dramatically on a wide scale. We will have a hurricane in a couple of months, but it is not because we have sinned, but rather because this is how the world is made.

ProjectPeter
May 1st 2011, 10:51 PM
I don’t think God’s wrath has come down on righteous people. I also disagree when I see people include Christ in that category. I think God allowed Christ to die, but it was not his hand that drove those spikes into that cross. It was the religious leaders and the roman authority of his day that wanted to protect their way of life that brought on the wrath of man. Christ and God the father knew what would happen, but they allowed it to take place to show their love for us in such a cruel and vicious world so people blame God for putting Christ in harm’s way. Well I just think that is wrong. I think God allowed it to happen just as he allowed Job’s difficulties to take place. I think there is a difference in allowing something to happen and taking action to make something happen.

Atheists want to throw blame on someone or something because things did not turn out perfect in their life. So God is the catch all for their troubles. However, they don’t believe in him of course. So they turn their hatred towards disproving his existence, and when they see the sun rise and the stars shine above, it is just a common occurrence brought on by the big bang. No one light the fuse nor put things into motion to make it happen.

I just don’t think God’s wrath is a common occurrence that happens randomly. I think those events are left in the “life” category. The difference being God’s wrath comes when life is altered dramatically on a wide scale. We will have a hurricane in a couple of months, but it is not because we have sinned, but rather because this is how the world is made.
It isn't about God's wrath being poured on righteous people... but again, when it rains or there is famine... all of earth goes through it. Do you think the Shunamite woman was the only righteous person on the planet? Certainly not, but she was the one supernaturally supplied by God. Many others had to scrape and go hungry etc. Same during the time of Israel going into captivity in Babylon. For many, that was gnarly times and that was the price paid for Israel coming into judgment. There were many a righteous man and woman that suffered because of the judgment of God. One need only read Lamentations and you get an idea of the stuff gone through and yes... they were in that situation because God's judgment on Israel.

We've always had tornado issues during certain times of the year... but seriously... this isn't just a record breaking event going on... it is stone-cold shattering the record. And again... the season has just started. We've always had earthquakes in the world... but we're not just having earthquakes now... we're having some very massive ones. And I think that is too just starting. Always had wars and economic swings back and forth... but all of this is far different than historic events from our past.

teddyv
May 2nd 2011, 03:59 PM
We've always had tornado issues during certain times of the year... but seriously... this isn't just a record breaking event going on... it is stone-cold shattering the record. And again... the season has just started. We've always had earthquakes in the world... but we're not just having earthquakes now... we're having some very massive ones. And I think that is too just starting. Always had wars and economic swings back and forth... but all of this is far different than historic events from our past.Maybe it's global warming! (running and hiding). :)

ProjectPeter
May 2nd 2011, 05:30 PM
Maybe it's global warming! (running and hiding). :)It is the start of global warming... sure enough.

2 Peter 3:7 *But the present heavens and earth by His word are being reserved for fire, kept for the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men.
8 *¶But do not let this one fact escape your notice, beloved, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
9 *The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.
10 *But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a roar and the elements will be destroyed with intense heat, and the earth and its works will be burned up.
11 *Since all these things are to be destroyed in this way, what sort of people ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness,
12 *looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, on account of which the heavens will be destroyed by burning, and the elements will melt with intense heat!

;)

moonglow
May 2nd 2011, 05:42 PM
It is the start of global warming... sure enough.

2 Peter 3:7 *But the present heavens and earth by His word are being reserved for fire, kept for the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men.
8 *¶But do not let this one fact escape your notice, beloved, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
9 *The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.
10 *But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a roar and the elements will be destroyed with intense heat, and the earth and its works will be burned up.
11 *Since all these things are to be destroyed in this way, what sort of people ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness,
12 *looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, on account of which the heavens will be destroyed by burning, and the elements will melt with intense heat!

;)

lol....good one!

Hey I don't have time to reply to your last post right now...Nate is home sick. Fixing lunch then have to get ready and take him to the doctor. But I wanted to post this link to my pastors message.

Pastor Andy asked people to submit any questions they had about God and he would pick the top five to answer through the month of May. This message is answering the question, "If God is good and all powerful why is there evil in the world?"

http://vimeo.com/channels/127936

God bless

ProjectPeter
May 2nd 2011, 05:44 PM
Well take care of the youngun! As to the pastor's question search... I'll leave that to others because I don't really have any questions needing answered on that. :)

Free Indeed
May 2nd 2011, 06:35 PM
Maybe it's global warming! (running and hiding). :)

Actually, it is. The jet stream is supposed to regulate that type of weather. With global temperature increasing, it has to go into overtime mode, and cannot act as efficiently.

These types of extreme weather patterns have been predicted for a long time by climatologists due to climate change, but everybody finds it more convenient to ignore the warnings. Then, when something like this does happen, it becomes more convenient to chalk it up to God's wrath, rather than admit we're causing it and try to prevent it from getting even worse.

moonglow
May 3rd 2011, 01:12 AM
ProjectPeter

Well take care of the youngun! As to the pastor's question search... I'll leave that to others because I don't really have any questions needing answered on that.

He has a pretty bad sinus infection but we got some antibiotics though I don't think he is going to be able to go to school tomorrow. Hopefully Wednesday. I ran into a parent of one of his classmates when I was at Kmart getting his RX filled and she said alot of people are coming down with sinus infections, she thinks because we have had so much wind and its been terribly dry. What rain we do get just isn't enough. But as they said on the weather channel in May the jet stream changes so the severe storm are more in Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas and ...:rolleyes: I am praying for rain minus the severe stuff...:rolleyes: My sister is friends with several storm chases that live here..:eek: So got me to 'like' them on face book so when storm alerts come out I see it there first..lol. Then I can watch them live chasing storms! oh my! Nate got to see one of there storm chasing vehicles a few weeks ago as they were here in town.

Actually, it is. The jet stream is supposed to regulate that type of weather. With global temperature increasing, it has to go into overtime mode, and cannot act as efficiently.

These types of extreme weather patterns have been predicted for a long time by climatologists due to climate change, but everybody finds it more convenient to ignore the warnings. Then, when something like this does happen, it becomes more convenient to chalk it up to God's wrath, rather than admit we're causing it and try to prevent it from getting even worse.

Well personally I think so too...the debate is whether we are causing it or if its a natural thing going on (given the fact nature is affected by the fall too...doesn't mean its truly natural). But of course nothing happens without God knowing...whether this is in any prophecies in the bible or not, I don't know. :hmm: It seemed like if it was going to lead to catastrophe changes it would be mentioned in the bible OR Christ returns before that happens. :hmm: The other day that movie 'Water world' was on..haven't seen that in a long time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waterworld
The polar ice caps have completely melted, and the sea level has risen many thousands of feet (hundreds of meters), covering virtually all the land. The film illustrates this with an unusual variation on the Universal logo, which begins with the usual image of Earth, but shows the planet's water levels gradually rising until virtually all the land is submerged. The plot of the film centers on an otherwise nameless antihero, "the Mariner", a drifter who sails the Earth in his trimaran.

:hmm:

Edited to add..here is a link that might interest those that can understand this stuff in regards to the tornado's:
April 27th Outbreak: Meteorological Analysis
Submitted by SevereStudios on Mon, 05/02/2011 - 7:24pm.
By Jon Davies (http://www.severestudios.com/april-27th-outbreak-meteorological-analysis)

ProjectPeter
May 3rd 2011, 06:30 PM

These types of extreme weather patterns have been predicted for a long time by climatologists due to climate change, but everybody finds it more convenient to ignore the warnings. Then, when something like this does happen, it becomes more convenient to chalk it up to God's wrath, rather than admit we're causing it and try to prevent it from getting even worse.We control the weather? Interesting. Not willing to toss out Scripture that says otherwise... but gotta love scientific theory.

teddyv
May 3rd 2011, 07:13 PM
We control the weather? Interesting. Not willing to toss out Scripture that says otherwise... but gotta love scientific theory.

I don't think he is saying we control the weather. He is stating that our activities affect our environment.

ProjectPeter
May 3rd 2011, 07:23 PM
I don't think he is saying we control the weather. He is stating that our activities affect our environment.Supposedly farting cows do too! But pretty sure that doesn't cause earthquakes, and I doubt bunch of cans of hairspray won't either. Might give us some breathing problems and whatnot and not advocating people ignore being smart and conscientious of being wise in regard to caring for God's creation... but I doubt this has nearly the impact on weather as led to believe. Then again... not going to argue the point any further than stating my opinion. There is no doubt too much pollution out there and we could always do better. Problem is, on either side of the issue, if you give them an inch they take ten miles. Ultimately though... global warming and that sort of catastrophic event is scientific theory that isn't going to happen save the time God does it to deal with events as mentioned in 2 Peter and I'm dang sure that isn't the same global warming they are speaking of! :)

teddyv
May 3rd 2011, 07:44 PM
Supposedly farting cows do too! But pretty sure that doesn't cause earthquakes, and I doubt bunch of cans of hairspray won't either. Might give us some breathing problems and whatnot and not advocating people ignore being smart and conscientious of being wise in regard to caring for God's creation... but I doubt this has nearly the impact on weather as led to believe. Then again... not going to argue the point any further than stating my opinion. There is no doubt too much pollution out there and we could always do better. Problem is, on either side of the issue, if you give them an inch they take ten miles. Ultimately though... global warming and that sort of catastrophic event is scientific theory that isn't going to happen save the time God does it to deal with events as mentioned in 2 Peter and I'm dang sure that isn't the same global warming they are speaking of! :)

I was only attempting to clarify his comments.

I don't know where the earthquake reference came from other than the other thread in DVP? I don't recall mention of quakes in this thread as it's about weather. (Maybe I missed it or forgot).

danield
May 3rd 2011, 07:50 PM
Supposedly farting cows do too! But pretty sure that doesn't cause earthquakes

Man you’ve never seen my cows. You better give up some ground when they break wind because ain’t no tell what’s gonna come your way!

Free Indeed
May 3rd 2011, 08:03 PM
We control the weather?

Of course not. But man's pollution affects the environment in ways that produces erratic weather. Even if we do not encounter the universal environmental catastrophe predicted by some in the ultra-tree-hugging crowd, we're still already getting destructive weather, and the climatologists all agree as to why. I'm not announcing a global warming apocalypse, I'm just saying that this tornado phenomena was predicted, and that by becoming better stewards of the world we were given, we can help alleviate similar phenomena in the future for our kids and grandkids.

moonglow
May 3rd 2011, 10:44 PM
Of course not. But man's pollution affects the environment in ways that produces erratic weather. Even if we do not encounter the universal environmental catastrophe predicted by some in the ultra-tree-hugging crowd, we're still already getting destructive weather, and the climatologists all agree as to why. I'm not announcing a global warming apocalypse, I'm just saying that this tornado phenomena was predicted, and that by becoming better stewards of the world we were given, we can help alleviate similar phenomena in the future for our kids and grandkids.

Who predicted this tornado phenomena? ProjectPeter said it was prophetized. Is that what you are talking about or something else? Sorry gotta run...cooking supper then off to church for a prayer meeting. check back later.

ProjectPeter
May 3rd 2011, 11:11 PM
I was only attempting to clarify his comments.

I don't know where the earthquake reference came from other than the other thread in DVP? I don't recall mention of quakes in this thread as it's about weather. (Maybe I missed it or forgot).
Just me getting teh threads mixed up! :lol:

ProjectPeter
May 3rd 2011, 11:13 PM
It was predicted a week or so ago but none of them... predicted what just happened. They expected a near record event but not this... even they say that at places like the weather channel and accuweather etc. But as to the severity... if they are saying it is global warming... not heard that.

RR van Wyk
May 4th 2011, 08:40 AM
Tornado in New Zealand.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110503/ap_on_re_as/as_new_zealand_tornado_6

moonglow
May 4th 2011, 02:23 PM
It was predicted a week or so ago but none of them... predicted what just happened. They expected a near record event but not this... even they say that at places like the weather channel and accuweather etc. But as to the severity... if they are saying it is global warming... not heard that.

Oh I see...yes they usually predict bad weather when its brewing or about too. I thought he meant something else like they do hurricane predictions every year.

Tornado in New Zealand.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110503/...land_tornado_6

Wow that sounds bad! I will keep them in prayers too!

I wonder why its mostly the US that gets the tornado's and not other places?

ProjectPeter
May 4th 2011, 02:26 PM
Oh I see...yes they usually predict bad weather when its brewing or about too. I thought he meant something else like they do hurricane predictions every year.

Wow that sounds bad! I will keep them in prayers too!

I wonder why its mostly the US that gets the tornado's and not other places?
This is a bit of what I was speaking of too. Not that the tornado's or weather was as much the issue as the economics now. Not discounting the horrific loss of life keep in mind... but this article speaks of the cost... and this is just Alabama alone.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/05/04/southern-tornadoes-financial-toll-rival-katrina/

Add to that... flooding is fixing to mess up a lot of folks. Crops are going to take a big hit.... that will be the next big news.

teddyv
May 4th 2011, 03:01 PM
I wonder why its mostly the US that gets the tornado's and not other places?Geography.

moonglow
May 4th 2011, 05:35 PM
This is a bit of what I was speaking of too. Not that the tornado's or weather was as much the issue as the economics now. Not discounting the horrific loss of life keep in mind... but this article speaks of the cost... and this is just Alabama alone.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/05/04/southern-tornadoes-financial-toll-rival-katrina/

Add to that... flooding is fixing to mess up a lot of folks. Crops are going to take a big hit.... that will be the next big news.

Those poor people...:cry: Continuing to pray for them. :pray: I heard on the news just recently before those tornado's hit alot of people had dropped their home insurance policies due to not being able to afford it anymore. So now they are really in a bad way with no insurance to rebuild or even replace what they lost. :(

Yes I heard about them blowing that levee to spare the town. That is where student of the Lamb lives and she or he, still hasn't been back to the board so I am very concerned.

I know the crops are ruined now. :(

You know before all of this happened I was thinking about doing a post about how much the weather does rule our lives. We make plans based on the weather...it affects our economy like these examples show when its bad. It affects us on every level even our health. For instance it can cause illnesses to go around like here in my town..very dry...very windy and alot of people are sick with major allergies that turn into infections or colds. We mow when we know rain is coming...we water when we know its not coming. We get our groceries and gas in the cars a head of big storms just in case and we have our emergency kits ready for when it gets ugly. Personally I get really tired of being ruled by the weather. :cool:

God bless

moonglow
May 4th 2011, 05:37 PM
Geography.

As in the location or shape of our land?

teddyv
May 4th 2011, 07:16 PM
As in the location or shape of our land?

Basically yes. I'm no meterologist, but you get warm moist air comes up from the Gulf, cold air from the Arctic/Jet Stream and I suspect dry air that made it over the Rockies. These all kind of end up over the central plains. The plains, I suspect leads to developing good convection, and storm cells can just roam around without any geographic interference. In Canada's plains they occur, but are rarer, probably because we are too far from the warm air out of the Gulf, but I'm not really sure on that.

ProjectPeter
May 10th 2011, 01:36 AM
As I was saying... and we're VERY early in the year. Hurricane season hasn't even started and it's only in the second month of tornado time.

http://politics.blogs.foxnews.com/2011/05/09/lawmakers-ready-emergency-funds-case-fema-runs-dry

moonglow
May 11th 2011, 02:16 PM
We have storm chasers gathering in Wichita Kansas (my state..though I do not live in Wichita I have two sisters who do)...they have been talking to one on the Weather channel this morning. We are suppose to get some pretty severe weather today. I think his name was Mike Bette? My sister probably knows him...she knows alot of the storm chases as she is a storm chaser wanta-be..:rolleyes: I think she got the bug for this when years ago every time she went to the lake there was a tornado! :eek:

So I have moved all my outside stuff either to the shed or the garage except Nate's potted plants which I might do later. Going to get my flashlights and other things needed ready for later to move to the basement. And going to get my errands done early. We have a good chance of damaging winds, hail and of course torando's. Luckily most torando's miss us because our town is in a valley but we do get damaging winds and hail. The tornado's that have gone through town we pretty small. I plan on shutting down the computer and unplugging it once the storm moves in. If I don't get back on tomorrow it might be we don't have electricity or other problems like damage...hope not! I will be on here for awhile until I need to get busy and get things taken care of.

God bless

moonglow
May 11th 2011, 02:48 PM
This is moving much too fast ...don't think I have time to run to the store. Not even sure if this storm I am seeing on the radar is the one they were talking about moving in later this afternoon..maybe this is a first round? don't know what is going on.

ProjectPeter
May 12th 2011, 12:35 AM
It looked pretty rough when I checked the radar... stay safe.

moonglow
May 12th 2011, 01:55 AM
It looked pretty rough when I checked the radar... stay safe.

Thanks. We didn't get a thing...though they say we could still get some rain this evening or over night but I don't think so. It completely missed us and none of the bad forecast ever happened. (which is good..but so many places desperately need the rain). There was some hail for some and a one tornado warning though nothing ever touched down. It just didn't pack the punch they were expected. I think all the storm chases left...