PDA

View Full Version : Yes, bin Ladin is dead, but we have massive damage in Alabama. You gotta read this..

Diggindeeper
May 4th 2011, 03:59 AM
I got this in an email today. Its from a friend of mine. This actually happened! She said,

I had to type this story tonight... as I cried when I heard it and wanted to share it...
Our pastor and others are helping with major clean up in Alabama... one of the men found a freezer among some debris and when they opened the freezer a 3 year old boy was in the freezer, ALIVE... Is that not amazing>??? but whats more amazing is that when the man asked the little boy how he got in the freezer, his reply was "the man with the wings put me in there..."
((( CRY ))) a true story that will bring hope to many in the midst of the storm....

You know what? God is still in control and he still has angels........
(When I talked to my friend who sent me the email, she said this did not happen today, but while her Pastor and others were down there helping. They came back bringing this story with them.)

ProDeo
May 4th 2011, 08:02 AM
There are so many stories like these, with kids I mean. They don't make it to the front page. I think they happen on a daily base.

The "Hand of God" saved my 3-year-old as well, see my blog.

A friend of ours when she was a kid was hit by a truck but 0.01 seconds (or so) before the collision the truck was lifted up and went over her, she was uninjured. There was a witness as well to confirm the story.

Ta-An
May 4th 2011, 09:37 AM
[COLOR=navy]You know what? God is still in control and he still has angels........
HE IS FAITHFUL :yes:
Ps 91:11 For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.
Lk 4:10 For it is written, He shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee:

MercyChild
May 4th 2011, 10:57 AM
We so often loose our faith, but when I read true stories like this, it just lifts me again. Thank you for sharing this.

Equipped_4_Love
May 4th 2011, 04:08 PM
WOW!!!! Amazing!! Thank you for sharing this. If you don't mind, can I share this on my facebook page?

Diggindeeper
May 4th 2011, 05:07 PM
There's no reason NOT to share it. That's why I put it here. I wanted to share it too.

Jeanne D
May 4th 2011, 05:18 PM
We serve an awesome God!!! :pp

Jeanne

Equipped_4_Love
May 4th 2011, 05:56 PM
Diggindeeper -- where did this happen?

Diggindeeper
May 4th 2011, 06:03 PM
Those from her church were down in the Tuscaloosa, Alabama area.

Clockstopper
May 4th 2011, 07:01 PM
Amen. This reminds me of the news article I read about a year ago concerning a 3 or 4 yr old boy that was thrown over a 12 ft wall about 40 feet through the air into someones backyard after his folks car had flipped on an interstate highway. The people who owned the property saw it but the boy bonced across the grass and up against the water drain of their hours....unharmed. This was reported. I wish I had saved that article.

Think God's angel was there for him?;)

CommanderRobey
May 4th 2011, 07:57 PM
Since there is no Scripture showing angels with wings; i.e., every time angels appeared to men in the Word of God they appeared to men with no wings, I'd say the child saw something other than an angel.

ProDeo
May 4th 2011, 10:45 PM
2 Chr 3:11-13 And the wings of the cherubims were twenty cubits long: one wing of the one cherub was five cubits, reaching to the wall of the house: and the other wing was likewise five cubits, reaching to the wing of the other cherub. 12 And one wing of the other cherub was five cubits, reaching to the wall of the house: and the other wing was five cubits also, joining to the wing of the other cherub. 13 The wings of these cherubims spread themselves forth twenty cubits: and they stood on their feet, and their faces were inward.

Faithful One
May 4th 2011, 10:57 PM
I got this in an email today. Its from a friend of mine. This actually happened! She said,

I had to type this story tonight... as I cried when I heard it and wanted to share it...
Our pastor and others are helping with major clean up in Alabama... one of the men found a freezer among some debris and when they opened the freezer a 3 year old boy was in the freezer, ALIVE... Is that not amazing>??? but whats more amazing is that when the man asked the little boy how he got in the freezer, his reply was "the man with the wings put me in there..."
((( CRY ))) a true story that will bring hope to many in the midst of the storm....

You know what? God is still in control and he still has angels........
(When I talked to my friend who sent me the email, she said this did not happen today, but while her Pastor and others were down there helping. They came back bringing this story with them.)

Wow! Pretty awesome~ I really liked that story, Diggin'.:cool:

Faithful One

CommanderRobey
May 4th 2011, 11:39 PM
2 Chr 3:11-13 And the wings of the cherubims were twenty cubits long: one wing of the one cherub was five cubits, reaching to the wall of the house: and the other wing was likewise five cubits, reaching to the wing of the other cherub. 12 And one wing of the other cherub was five cubits, reaching to the wall of the house: and the other wing was five cubits also, joining to the wing of the other cherub. 13 The wings of these cherubims spread themselves forth twenty cubits: and they stood on their feet, and their faces were inward.
You may want to do some research on cherubim... they could in no way be mistaken for a man. Also, cherubim were to serve God, not man.

Faithful One
May 4th 2011, 11:52 PM
You may want to do some research on cherubim... they could in no way be mistaken for a man. Also, cherubim were to serve God, not man.

Yea, but......

"In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the LORD sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple.
Above it stood the seraphims: each one had six wings; with twain he covered his face, and with twain he covered his feet, and with twain he did fly.
And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the LORD of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory...."
Isaiah 6:1-3

Hmmm..
Faithful One:hmm:

CommanderRobey
May 5th 2011, 12:00 AM
Yea, but......

"In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the LORD sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple.
Above it stood the seraphims: each one had six wings; with twain he covered his face, and with twain he covered his feet, and with twain he did fly.
And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the LORD of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory...."
Isaiah 6:1-3

Hmmm..
Faithful One:hmm:

This is the only place where we see seraphim in the Word of God. Even the seraphim cannot be identified as a man, for Isaiah did not call them men.

Hunter121
May 5th 2011, 12:26 AM
Wow great story, he is truly an amazing God.

Faithful One
May 5th 2011, 12:28 AM
This is the only place where we see seraphim in the Word of God. Even the seraphim cannot be identified as a man, for Isaiah did not call them men.

Nevertheless, they appear to be angels; with a face and feet and they had wings....just saying....:rolleyes:

CommanderRobey
May 5th 2011, 12:34 AM
Nevertheless, they appear to be angels; with a face and feet and they had wings....just saying....:rolleyes:
...Actually, since everytime we see a description of angels telling us they were men (with no mention whatsoever of those men having wings), and since there is no indication in the Word of God that cherubim and seraphim being called men or being called angels, we cannot justly assume they were angels at all.

Faithful One
May 5th 2011, 12:37 AM
Actually, since everytime we see a description of angels telling us they were men (with no mention whatsoever of those men having wings), and since there is no indication in the Word of God that cherubim and seraphim being called men or being called angels, we cannot justly assume they were angels at all.

Neither can you assume they WERN'T ANGELS....they were definitely God's creatures WITH WINGS.

."...the seraphims: each one had six wings; with twain he covered his face, and with twain he covered his feet, and with twain he did fly." Isa. 6:2

moonglow
May 5th 2011, 12:39 AM
Actually, since everytime we see a description of angels telling us they were men (with no mention whatsoever of those men having wings), and since there is no indication in the Word of God that cherubim and seraphim being called men or being called angels, we cannot justly assume they were angels at all.

Ah but a little child wouldn't know that would he?

I am glad they found him before he ran out of air! Awesome story.

God bless

ProDeo
May 5th 2011, 09:24 AM

We are only given a small glimpse of the population in heaven, angels even can appear as humans. Then take Ezek chapter 1, it leaves leaves me speechless. Can we really make sound doctrine how things are in the heavenly realm ?

CommanderRobey
May 5th 2011, 12:28 PM
We are only given a small glimpse of the population in heaven, angels even can appear as humans. Then take Ezek chapter 1, it leaves leaves me speechless. Can we really make sound doctrine how things are in the heavenly realm ?

Yes, because we have the completed Word of God. In it we are told that if anyone adds to the prophecy of the book, the plagues of the book will be added unto them.

In other words, we are told all God wants us to know and all we need to know about heaven in the Bible.

moonglow
May 5th 2011, 04:30 PM
Yes, because we have the completed Word of God. In it we are told that if anyone adds to the prophecy of the book, the plagues of the book will be added unto them.

In other words, we are told all God wants us to know and all we need to know about heaven in the Bible.

Revelations 22

A Warning

18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book; 19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

This is talking about the book of Revelation only actually. Do you think that three year old child will have plagues added to him for saying an angel with wings saved him? Seriously?

Why couldn't you have started a new thread to discuss this instead of hijacking this one and basically ruining a lovely story?

slightlypuzzled
May 5th 2011, 05:19 PM

Interesting chain of logic...but that is all it is, a chain proposed by logical analysis and inference....

We are told what we need to know about salvation.... anyother inference is drawn from a man-made chain of logic....

slightlypuzzled
May 5th 2011, 05:20 PM
Revelations 22

A Warning

18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book; 19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

This is talking about the book of Revelation only actually. Do you think that three year old child will have plagues added to him for saying an angel with wings saved him? Seriously?

Why couldn't you have started a new thread to discuss this instead of hijacking this one and basically ruining a lovely story?

True on both accounts....

CommanderRobey
May 5th 2011, 06:10 PM
Revelations 22

A Warning

Why couldn't you have started a new thread to discuss this instead of hijacking this one and basically ruining a lovely story?I contend that it is not concerning Revelation only, but the whole of the Word of God. We see similar warnings in Deuteronomy and Proverbs.

All Scripture is given by inspiration of God. That means from the beginning of the book to the end of the book. We are not to add to it, nor take away from it.

Diggindeeper
May 5th 2011, 06:22 PM
Commander, I don't recall mentioning any scripture. All I did was relate something that happened to some Christians who went immediately to the devastated area and came back with this true story. Something or somebody helped the little boy stay alive and he was found safe.

I can't help how the boy explained it to the people who found him. I don't think he had any intention or even concept of whats correct or not correct scripturally. But something or someone helped him stay alive and for that, all glory belongs to God Almighty. Period.

CommanderRobey
May 5th 2011, 07:11 PM
Commander, I don't recall mentioning any scripture. All I did was relate something that happened to some Christians who went immediately to the devastated area and came back with this true story. Something or somebody helped the little boy stay alive and he was found safe.

I can't help how the boy explained it to the people who found him. I don't think he had any intention or even concept of whats correct or not correct scripturally. But something or someone helped him stay alive and for that, all glory belongs to God Almighty. Period.

There is no doubt that somebody helped the child. I would say in the midst of the storm, the child may have seen paper or something blowing behind the helper and assumed it was wings. Had it been an angel, I've no doubt there were no wings.

chef
May 5th 2011, 08:57 PM
Thank you for sharing this beautiful story. Praise the Lord and may He be glorified by this testimony.
His is an awesome God of miracles and mercy!

chef
May 5th 2011, 09:08 PM
Had it been an angel, I've no doubt there were no wings.

Are we to assume that you have seen all the host of heaven and can verify which of them have wings and which don't?

CommanderRobey
May 5th 2011, 09:27 PM
Are we to assume that you have seen all the host of heaven and can verify which of them have wings and which don't?There is not one instance in the Word of God of a winged angel appearing to man.

Why would it be any different now than then? Are we to assume that they evolved wings over the last 2000 years?

chef
May 5th 2011, 10:08 PM
There is not one instance in the Word of God of a winged angel appearing to man.

Why would it be any different now than then? Are we to assume that they evolved wings over the last 2000 years?

Then what do you think it was that this child saw?

CommanderRobey
May 5th 2011, 10:29 PM
Then what do you think it was that this child saw?
It may have been a man that the child saw. As I said, what with the high winds, there could have been something blowing behind the man that the child mistook to be wings.

Raybob
May 6th 2011, 08:54 AM
Neither can you assume they WERN'T ANGELS....they were definitely God's creatures WITH WINGS.

."...the seraphims: each one had six wings; with twain he covered his face, and with twain he covered his feet, and with twain he did fly." Isa. 6:2

I agree God has creatures with wings, namely the seraphims and the cherubim but those beings are not angels. The original words in Hebrew and Greek for "angel" meant messenger. Cherubim and seraphim are never shown to deliver any messages to anyone. I have to agree with CommanderRobey, God's angels never had any wings. The only ones we know of that had wings are found in paintings done when the Holy Roman Empire was in power and then after that. There is one verse in one book of the bible that says an angel flew but it was a heavenly scene and the angel flew from one place in heaven to another. Wings wouldn't help anything fly up there because there's no atmosphere with wind resistance in heaven, like there is above our earth where wings are useful.

No, they don't have wings. I'll throw in some truth to another angelic myth. Angels don't sing. At least, the ones in the bible never sang. They always "Say" then never "sang". I know, now I'm really off topic, but I just thought I'd throw that in there while we're exposing angelic myths. :)

moonglow
May 6th 2011, 02:54 PM
All true...as far as we know. But I am very unhappy this lovely thread got ruined by arguing and debating on this topic though. Wouldn't it have been more polite for those that object to what a child saw to just start a new thread on the subject instead of derailing this one? Are the rules no longer in place for not hijacking threads? They could start the thread and post a link to it on here. That is what people used to do anyway on here so they didn't derail a thread...

I know this. If a three year old child told me an angel with wings saved him I wouldn't be correcting him on it...the fact that this child was saved from a deadly tornado however he was..it seems the focus should be on Praising and thanking our Almighty God for what He did and not picking it part. Sometimes we just ruin things by over analyzing...by being legalistic...by worrying about being rigidly correct all the time. Is that what God wants? Or does He want this from us?

Matthew 18:2-4 (New King James Version)

2 Then Jesus called a little child to Him, set him in the midst of them, 3 and said, ďAssuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven. 4 Therefore whoever humbles himself as this little child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

How many little children are going to get it exactly right so it stands up in a court of law? None. Yet that is what this thread has become and I think its a crying shame. :(

The Mighty Sword
May 6th 2011, 06:20 PM
All true...as far as we know. But I am very unhappy this lovely thread got ruined by arguing and debating on this topic though. Wouldn't it have been more polite for those that object to what a child saw to just start a new thread on the subject instead of derailing this one? Are the rules no longer in place for not hijacking threads? They could start the thread and post a link to it on here. That is what people used to do anyway on here so they didn't derail a thread...

I know this. If a three year old child told me an angel with wings saved him I wouldn't be correcting him on it...the fact that this child was saved from a deadly tornado however he was..it seems the focus should be on Praising and thanking our Almighty God for what He did and not picking it part. Sometimes we just ruin things by over analyzing...by being legalistic...by worrying about being rigidly correct all the time. Is that what God wants? Or does He want this from us?

2 Then Jesus called a little child to Him, set him in the midst of them, 3 and said, “Assuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven. 4 Therefore whoever humbles himself as this little child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

How many little children are going to get it exactly right so it stands up in a court of law? None. Yet that is what this thread has become and I think its a crying shame. :(

When you're right you're right, I hearby delete my former post.

chef
May 6th 2011, 09:31 PM

2 Then Jesus called a little child to Him, set him in the midst of them, 3 and said, “Assuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven. 4 Therefore whoever humbles himself as this little child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

Very well said.
We should be praising the Lord for saving this child instead of arguing over things we can only speculate about.

God bless you all and may He be glorified,
chef