PDA

View Full Version : I am tired of dealing with Fibromyalgia all the time

BibleGirl02
May 21st 2011, 02:30 AM
Hey everyone. I have Fibromyalgia. I was diagnosed in November of 2010. I am tired of suffering with it. I am on medicine that helps a lot but I get tired of being achy all the time. I just want Jesus to come back quickly so I can go to Heaven and not have to suffer anymore. Now, don't get me wrong, I don't want to die any time soon. I want to stay here as long as God wants me to. But I really am tired of suffering all the time.

moonglow
May 21st 2011, 02:55 AM
Hi Biblegirl...I have a little idea of what you are going through..I suffer from back pain all the time. Medication helps some...sometimes not so much. Its difficult to live in pain. Alot of members on here do. Its hard to not get discouraged that is for sure. And I completely understand wanting Christ to return to end this suffering.

Do you have anyone for emotional support there? Or a good church you belong too?

God bless

Hunter121
May 21st 2011, 03:56 AM
Hey everyone. I have Fibromyalgia. I was diagnosed in November of 2010. I am tired of suffering with it. I am on medicine that helps a lot but I get tired of being achy all the time. I just want Jesus to come back quickly so I can go to Heaven and not have to suffer anymore. Now, don't get me wrong, I don't want to die any time soon. I want to stay here as long as God wants me to. But I really am tired of suffering all the time.

I'll pray for you :)

Bandit
May 21st 2011, 08:09 PM
Hello BG02,

If you don't mind me asking, what kinds of meds are you on? And did your doctor put you on any special diet or supplements? There may be things to try nutrition-wise which your doctor doesn't know about (most doctors are not into nutritional methods).

Bandit

Dani H
May 22nd 2011, 01:20 AM
Bromelain is a natural anti-inflammatory derived from pinapples. It's a digestive enzyme and many holistic practitioners recommend it for aches and pains, fibromyalgia included. It's been approved in Europe for many years for pain relief. Might be worth you checking into. You can purchase it at your local health food store or order it online. Of course you're going to want to check into what medications you're currently on and whether there's any interactions. I don't have fibromyalgia but it does wonders for my back pain. My husband loves it because it really helps him with his shoulders and knees (he has a torn meniscus and impingement syndrome).

Here's a link to help you get started:
http://www.livestrong.com/article/328205-medicinal-herbs-for-fibromyalgia/

awestruckchild
May 25th 2011, 05:40 PM
Hi BG.
Chronic conditions are hard.
They just make you good and dang grumpy sometimes when you just feel like you can't take it another second.
And when people say: don't forget to keep talking to God, it's like - why would you assume I'm not?? If anything, I would think you'd assume I probably talk to Him MORE than someone without a constant chronic physical problem like this!
Of course I've been of no help whatsoever.
It's just really hard to deal with chronic pain. It's never going to totally go away. Might have a day a little better than most but it ain't going away.
I'm sorry for you, that's all. Chronic pain - very hard sometimes to keep positive.

david
May 31st 2011, 11:41 PM

Hey, ask God and complain (but don't sin). Cry out to him and he will save you in his mercy as he saved Moses' flock in the desert. I'll give you this verse:

"I cry aloud to God, aloud to God, and he will hear me. In the day of my trouble I seek the Lord; in the night my hand is stretched out without wearying; my soul refuses to be comforted. When I remember God, I moan; when I meditate, my spirit faints. Selah You hold my eyelids open; I am so troubled that I cannot speak. I consider the days of old, the years long ago. I said, “Let me remember my song in the night; let me meditate in my heart.” Then my spirit made a diligent search: “Will the Lord spurn forever, and never again be favorable? Has his steadfast love forever ceased? Are his promises at an end for all time? Has God forgotten to be gracious? Has he in anger shut up his compassion?” Selah Then I said, “I will appeal to this, to the years of the right hand of the Most High.” I will remember the deeds of the LORD; yes, I will remember your wonders of old. I will ponder all your work, and meditate on your mighty deeds. Your way, O God, is holy. What god is great like our God? You are the God who works wonders; you have made known your might among the peoples. You with your arm redeemed your people, the children of Jacob and Joseph. Selah When the waters saw you, O God, when the waters saw you, they were afraid; indeed, the deep trembled. The clouds poured out water; the skies gave forth thunder; your arrows flashed on every side. The crash of your thunder was in the whirlwind; your lightnings lighted up the world; the earth trembled and shook. Your way was through the sea, your path through the great waters; yet your footprints were unseen. You led your people like a flock by the hand of Moses and Aaron. Psalm 77:1-20 "

"O LORD, God of my salvation; I cry out day and night before you. Let my prayer come before you; incline your ear to my cry! For my soul is full of troubles, and my life draws near to Sheol. I am counted among those who go down to the pit; I am a man who has no strength, like one set loose among the dead, like the slain that lie in the grave, like those whom you remember no more, for they are cut off from your hand. You have put me in the depths of the pit, in the regions dark and deep. Your wrath lies heavy upon me, and you overwhelm me with all your waves. Selah You have caused my companions to shun me; you have made me a horror to them. I am shut in so that I cannot escape; my eye grows dim through sorrow. Every day I call upon you, O LORD; I spread out my hands to you. Do you work wonders for the dead? Do the departed rise up to praise you? Selah Is your steadfast love declared in the grave, or your faithfulness in Abaddon? Are your wonders known in the darkness, or your righteousness in the land of forgetfulness? But I, O LORD, cry to you; in the morning my prayer comes before you. O LORD, why do you cast my soul away? Why do you hide your face from me? Afflicted and close to death from my youth up, I suffer your terrors; I am helpless. Your wrath has swept over me; your dreadful assaults destroy me. They surround me like a flood all day long; they close in on me together. You have caused my beloved and my friend to shun me; my companions have become darkness. Psalm 88:1-18 "

moonglow
Jun 1st 2011, 04:46 PM
Bromelain is a natural anti-inflammatory derived from pinapples. It's a digestive enzyme and many holistic practitioners recommend it for aches and pains, fibromyalgia included. It's been approved in Europe for many years for pain relief. Might be worth you checking into. You can purchase it at your local health food store or order it online. Of course you're going to want to check into what medications you're currently on and whether there's any interactions. I don't have fibromyalgia but it does wonders for my back pain. My husband loves it because it really helps him with his shoulders and knees (he has a torn meniscus and impingement syndrome).

Here's a link to help you get started:
http://www.livestrong.com/article/328205-medicinal-herbs-for-fibromyalgia/

Wow I might try that for my back...(and stomach)....thanks!