PDA

View Full Version : Is Gen 31:10-13 more powerful than John's entire prologue?

bornagain1
May 22nd 2011, 10:01 AM
Gen 31:10-13,

The angel of God said, "I am God."

Doesn't that out-do John's prologue and if so then why does everyone skip over it? This is elaborated on more at this youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/youneekk Discuss.

ProDeo
May 22nd 2011, 10:39 AM
Discuss what ?

You mean delete.

I give it 1 hour.

Rullion Green
May 22nd 2011, 10:55 AM
Gen 31:10-13,

The angel of God said, "I am God."

Doesn't that out-do John's prologue and if so then why does everyone skip over it? This is elaborated on more at this youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/youneekk Discuss.

More powerfull in terms of what ?...... whats the argument ?

bornagain1
May 22nd 2011, 12:24 PM
More powerfull in terms of what ?...... whats the argument ?

I've always held John 1:1-18 as my favorite part of the bible because it clearly states that Jesus is God... but Gen 31:10-13 has an angel himself declaring himself to be God. Gen 31:10-13 declares that angel to be God stonger and more direct than John 1:1-18 declares the Lord Jesus to be God.

And if Gen 31:10-13 says what it says, then that takes away the entire concept of "Progressive revelation". In that case, Genesis is more advanced and more direct than the gospels. Because Jesus never flatly said "I am God" in any of the gospels. But where did Moses get the idea that an angel is deity?

Did Moses write a mistake or should I be worshiping that angel?

shepherdsword
May 22nd 2011, 12:29 PM
*edit
I've always held John 1:1-18 as my favorite part of the bible because it clearly states that Jesus is God... but Gen 31:10-13 has an angel himself declaring himself to be God. Gen 31:10-13 declares that angel to be God stonger and more direct than John 1:1-18 declares the Lord Jesus to be God.

And if Gen 31:10-13 says what it says, then that takes away the entire concept of "Progressive revelation". In that case, Genesis is more advanced and more direct than the gospels. Because Jesus never flatly said "I am God" in any of the gospels. But where did Moses get the idea that an angel is deity?

Did Moses write a mistake or should I be worshiping that angel?

The Hebrew word used for angel in this passage is mlak. It means messenger. It was the Word of God appearing to him.Therefore Gen 31 supports John 1

*edit* I did see youneek's video proclamation by the way. He is a bit confused and needs some spiritual guidance

bornagain1
May 22nd 2011, 12:34 PM
*edit

The Hebrew word used for angel in this passage is mlak. It means messenger. It was the Word of God appearing to him.Therefore Gen 31 supports John 1

*edit* I did see youneek's video proclamation by the way. He is a bit confused and needs some spiritual guidance

I saw his video to, but if you think that angel is Jesus, that means that Jesus gave the law stated in Acts 7:38. As crazy as that youtube video is, we all know that Jesus isn't the one who gave the law.

And we all know that Jesus isn't the violent commander of God's army who ordered that all the babies be killed in Jericho in Joshua 5:13.

And that crazy guy said ""The God of Abraham, Isaac & Jacob" is my self-proclaimed name that I swear will be forever revered (Ex 3:2-4:5 & Lk 20:37)."

But Lk 20:37 does prove that it wasn't Jesus in the bush because Jesus didn't say, "that was me in the bush and I am God"

Firefighter
May 22nd 2011, 01:04 PM
As I said in your other post under your other username, I am sorry for whatever happened to you over there, but know that we are praying for you.

THREAD CLOSED

JenniferBerry
May 22nd 2011, 01:17 PM
I saw his video to, but if you think that angel is Jesus, that means that Jesus gave the law stated in Acts 7:38. As crazy as that youtube video is, we all know that Jesus isn't the one who gave the law.

And we all know that Jesus isn't the violent commander of God's army who ordered that all the babies be killed in Jericho in Joshua 5:13.

And that crazy guy said ""The God of Abraham, Isaac & Jacob" is my self-proclaimed name that I swear will be forever revered (Ex 3:2-4:5 & Lk 20:37)."

But Lk 20:37 does prove that it wasn't Jesus in the bush because Jesus didn't say, "that was me in the bush and I am God"

No Jesus is the violent commander that is going to come soon to earth and reign as King on the throne of David with a rod of iron. And he is the violent commander who is going to put to death all the wicked of mankind during the season of judgment upon this world and this includes children too. Sounds to me like you don't know this King Jesus you are talking about...perhaps you should do this today since the season for His return is now. I would hate for the throne of David to be reestablished in Israel and you not recognize what has happened...just saying!