PDA

View Full Version : Information TAPATALK

-SEEKING-
Jul 1st 2011, 01:39 PM
I've used this APP on other forums and it's great. I've been told it's free for forums to use/add. Is this something that can be added here? It's a great app that allows for easier mobile navigation.

bdh
Jul 1st 2011, 03:11 PM
You have a link to it?

-SEEKING-
Jul 1st 2011, 03:13 PM
Yes sir. Here you go. LINK (http://www.tapatalk.com/)

bdh
Jul 1st 2011, 03:18 PM
Is this it? http://www.tapatalk.com

bdh
Jul 1st 2011, 03:19 PM
OK, I see you beat me to the draw :)

I'll check it out.

-SEEKING-
Jul 1st 2011, 03:20 PM
Ok sir. Sounds good.

Al_S
Jul 4th 2011, 02:48 AM
I ditto the request. I've used this in the past on multiple vb boards I've administrated and haven't run into problems with it. It installs slightly differently to other mods and add-ons. There is if memory serves me, one file that you install via the control panel, a javascript link you place on the forum index template and you have to register with tapatalk (free for forums.) The app to access the forums had a free version you could use to access one forum (I believe with limited abilities) and a paid version you could use to access multiple forums.

Using the app doesn't give a user full control of the site (e.g. you can't give rep and other functions, get into the admin cp, etc.), but it does allow you to view & respond to threads and forum & user permissions hold up when using the app.

-SEEKING-
Jul 4th 2011, 05:05 AM
I've been using it for a little while now and it's an excellent app. If you visit forums often, and don't have time to get to an actual computer this app is fantastic.

Guilo
Jul 4th 2011, 07:40 AM
If you have a proper smart phone (ie Android based not these RIM or iOS pieces of junk) just install firefox and you get the full forum :) no PC needed.

as for TAPTALK I’m looking over the plugin code provided by the makers of the app and so far i am not at all impressed, security holes left and right, plain text config file with a .txt extension thus making the config publicly visible as things stand before TAPTALK shore up the security of the vBulletin addon, I’m strongly recommending against installing it as I believe it to be a major security risk

-SEEKING-
Jul 4th 2011, 04:32 PM
Ok. thanks for the info.

bdh
Jul 5th 2011, 07:01 AM
as for TAPTALK I’m looking over the plugin code provided by the makers of the app and so far i am not at all impressed, security holes left and right, plain text config file with a .txt extension thus making the config publicly visible as things stand before TAPTALK shore up the security of the vBulletin addon, I’m strongly recommending against installing it as I believe it to be a major security risk

Point taken. Who am I to argue :D

We will not be using this fine product then.

-SEEKING-
Jul 5th 2011, 10:39 AM
If I hear of something similar, I'll let you know. Thanks.

Francois Marais
Jul 25th 2011, 04:47 AM
On the i devices you get forum runner. Almost like tapatalk...

-SEEKING-
Jul 25th 2011, 10:08 AM
On the i devices you get forum runner. Almost like tapatalk...

Does it work with this forum?

Francois Marais
Jul 27th 2011, 02:40 AM
Could not pick it up with forum runner.

But maybe this will help:
http://www.forumrunner.net/?p=register