PDA

View Full Version : What are the Main Teachings Here at Bibleforums.org?

envolve
Jul 17th 2011, 08:55 PM
Are you guys premillennial or amillenial?

Are you guys OSAS Arminian (Jacob Arminius taught), non-OSAS Arminian (Roman Church, remonstrants) or Calvinist?

What other unique, that is, different, teachings from the Protestant or Roman view do you have so I can understand this place?

shepherdsword
Jul 17th 2011, 08:59 PM

Are you guys OSAS Arminian (Jacob Arminius taught), non-OSAS Arminian (Roman Church, remonstrants) or Calvinist?

What other unique, that is, different, teachings from the Protestant or Roman view do you have so I can understand this place?

Be blessed! You will find some that fit in every category you have described and others who fit into none of them.It's a quilt work of ideas here. Jump in and tell us how you see it.

Slug1
Jul 17th 2011, 09:03 PM

What other unique, that is, different, teachings from the Protestant or Roman view do you have so I can understand this place?Since this is not any church or denomination within the Body of Christ but instead, a group of people worshiping, fellowshipping and learning together from ALL the Body of Christ, from all over the world... you will find all you asked about.

This ministry is for learning and growing and in many situations, correction and conviction as the Holy Spirit leads to the illumination of God's truth in the Word of God.

The section with all the forum rules can help you also: http://bibleforums.org/forumdisplay.php/32-Board-Rules

Beckrl
Jul 17th 2011, 09:52 PM

Here's a poll (http://bibleforums.org/showthread.php/212218-Eschatology-Poll) I done sometime ago this may help to get a better understanding of the concenus.

gringo300
Jul 17th 2011, 11:48 PM
Let's just say that I've figured out that there are kind of different factions on here...

Al_S
Jul 18th 2011, 01:59 AM
Most on here believe in Christ crucified, risen again and through His grace, salvation for those who believe in Him. Beyond that--and at times in that--you'll find interesting discussions which sometimes offer revelation of who God is. Some discussions here may challenge some of your beliefs to either strengthen or change them, hopefully through a demonstration of scripture and hopefully not taking away from the first statement in my post.

Adstars
Jul 18th 2011, 09:34 AM

Seems to be a pretty equal mix as far as i can see. I guess the more poignant question would be what are the views of the owners of this site and what is the beliefs of the moderators and how far does their tolerance go in allowing different views to be expressed.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Adstars
Jul 18th 2011, 09:40 AM
I don't see factions. There may be something like loose alliances on a particular issue here or another issue there. But two people who are agreeing and helping each other in one thread on a certain topic will be earnestly debating another issue against one another in another thread. People like to fit everyone into a Box to make things easier for them. But in here people being people do not co-operate and confine themselves to a box.

All Praise the Ancient of Days

envolve
Jul 18th 2011, 07:23 PM
Here's a poll (http://bibleforums.org/showthread.php/212218-Eschatology-Poll) I done sometime ago this may help to get a better understanding of the concenus.
That what I suspected. The majority are historicalist or historicist.

My problem with that of course is that wouldn't make the book of Revelation much of a book of end-times as Genesis is the book of beginning times.

If Revelation was mostly fulfilled, I think you guys say it is mostly fulfilled up to Rev. 17 or so, then who could understand it and interpret it according to history except scholars and historians as they try to match events or allegorize inordinately to try to make things fit.

They will say you need intermediary priesthood to show you, but I don't buy that, since the body of Christ is a royal priesthood. We should not judaize Christianity.

But the word of God is for us all.

envolve
Jul 18th 2011, 07:28 PM
Most on here believe in Christ crucified, risen again and through His grace, salvation for those who believe in Him. Beyond that--and at times in that--you'll find interesting discussions which sometimes offer revelation of who God is. Some discussions here may challenge some of your beliefs to either strengthen or change them, hopefully through a demonstration of scripture and hopefully not taking away from the first statement in my post.
I think it is possible for people to say they believe Christ crucified, rose again and through His grace, salvation for those who believe in Him and yet not be saved.

Why?

Because for example, if they are Calvinist what they really mean is they were irresistibly selected, but God never imposes regeneration on anyone irresistibly. We all have the choice since His grace is sufficient for all. That's why Rom. 1.20 says none of us are without excuse. Irresistible grace is insufficient grace.

Or, if you are looking for Jesus who is to return but won't reing on earth and claims the 1000 years is now with wars and rumours of wars even though Rev. 20.3 says the nations won't be deceived in the 1000 years, you're looking for a Jesus I am not looking for.

envolve
Jul 18th 2011, 07:30 PM
Seems to be a pretty equal mix as far as i can see. I guess the more poignant question would be what are the views of the owners of this site and what is the beliefs of the moderators and how far does their tolerance go in allowing different views to be expressed.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days
Take it for granted the majority view of the forums is the majority view of the forum owners since it is my experience forum owners and moderators ban more so according to their belief not according to righteousness and justice and doing the right thing.

envolve
Jul 18th 2011, 07:31 PM
I don't see factions. There may be something like loose alliances on a particular issue here or another issue there. But two people who are agreeing and helping each other in one thread on a certain topic will be earnestly debating another issue against one another in another thread. People like to fit everyone into a Box to make things easier for them. But in here people being people do not co-operate and confine themselves to a box.

All Praise the Ancient of Days
Some are looking for Jesus who will not reign on earth for 1000 years. Others are. There will be many false Christs.

shepherdsword
Jul 18th 2011, 08:49 PM
Some are looking for Jesus who will not reign on earth for 1000 years. Others are. There will be many false Christs.

I have a post trib pre-mil position at the moment. However,I don't think those who disagree with me have another Jesus. I mean,I could be the one deceived. There is not a single person who is totally deceived that does not think he is right. That's the problem with deception,you never know when you are deceived. But it spite of all that,I don't see in the bible where Jesus gives us a theology test at his judgement seat. He judges us by what we did and did not....DO.

David Taylor
Jul 18th 2011, 09:36 PM
Take it for granted the majority view of the forums is the majority view of the forum owners

Enjoy finding a place that is an exception to the rule.

Here, there is only one owner. And he isn't very active in daily posting or moderation activies. He keeps it running, and he is present, but he far from pushes his views.

You'll find a mod-staff here comprised of many different perspectives, whether varying in regards to eschatology, or other areas beyond that which are typically debate hot-spots on most forums.

since it is my experience forum owners and moderators ban more so according to their belief not according to righteousness and justice and doing the right thing.

Since there is no specific pet-beliefs held here at this forum, you should enjoy the change. Banning is a pretty rare thing here, and not one driven so much by differing viewpoints, but rather from bad attitudes that choose to destroy the body instead of edify and lift it up.

Welcome and post away.

envolve
Jul 18th 2011, 11:40 PM
I have a post trib pre-mil position at the moment. However,I don't think those who disagree with me have another Jesus. I mean,I could be the one deceived. There is not a single person who is totally deceived that does not think he is right. That's the problem with deception,you never know when you are deceived. But it spite of all that,I don't see in the bible where Jesus gives us a theology test at his judgement seat. He judges us by what we did and did not....DO.
My concern for you is when a couple million vanish at the first rapture will accuse the brethren day and night because you were not included?

"Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things [the Tribulation] that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man" (Luke 21.36).

Notice at this first rapture it is not to the air as is the case for the rapture and resurrection at the last trumpet (1 Thess. 4.14-18) but to throne in 3rd heaven (Rev. 7.9) to stand before the Son of Man.

And this rapture is conditional. If you don't watch and pray always, you will not be accounted worthy to be raptured before the Tribulation.

There are advanced parties and harbingers in every spheere: a firstfruits (Rev. 14.1-5) and later harvest (vv.14-16).

Bandit
Jul 18th 2011, 11:58 PM

That what I suspected. The majority are historicalist or historicist.

Please try to not draw too much from such a limit view as this one poll. Take your time to evaluate things for yourself.

Bandit
Jul 19th 2011, 12:00 AM
Take it for granted the majority view of the forums is the majority view of the forum owners since it is my experience forum owners and moderators ban more so according to their belief not according to righteousness and justice and doing the right thing.

I think most of the moderators here are willing to go the 2nd mile.

amazzin
Jul 19th 2011, 12:08 AM

We have moderators and admins alike who stand at different spectrum's of belief. The above comment entices me to ask if you have an issue with BF or perhaps a previous unresolved issue. Is so, please direct yourself to chat to moderators forum and start a thread there. Otherwise, I believe this thread has run out of gas

Thread Closed

envolve
Jul 19th 2011, 01:03 AM
Please try to not draw too much from such a limit view as this one poll. Take your time to evaluate things for yourself.
From what I have seen in the past the poll is spot on; the owners of these forums are amillennialists and that would be a good guess too because of the 2 to 2.5 billion on the planet who call themselves Christians at least 2 billion of them are historicists usually amillennialists. A very popular view. I would not want to go with such popularity.

envolve
Jul 19th 2011, 01:03 AM
I think most of the moderators here are willing to go the 2nd mile.
That's what they all say. Our personal experience might show otherwise.

envolve
Jul 19th 2011, 01:04 AM
We have moderators and admins alike who stand at different spectrum's of belief. The above comment entices me to ask if you have an issue with BF or perhaps a previous unresolved issue. Is so, please direct yourself to chat to moderators forum and start a thread there. Otherwise, I believe this thread has run out of gas

Thread Closed
Some big forums bring in a few moderators from other views (but not too manY) just to make it look like they are ecumenical but we know this is not the approach of Jesus and the Apostles.