PDA

View Full Version : The Word, Jesus and Water

Saved7
Jul 28th 2011, 05:51 PM
Just wanted to share something that I have been thinking about for some time, it's short and simple really. Notice how that Jesus is the Word of God, and the Word is compared to water? Ever think about the indestructibility of water? Think about it, it has 3 forms, vapor, solid and liquid. If you try to destroy it with fire, it will only evaporate, if the whole world were destroyed by fire and just exploded into pieces, one would have to assume that the water would just become a vapor and float around in space, which of course it would freeze into little ice crystals. You can't destroy water, ever. Now I'm no scientist, and I could be wrong, but it seems to me that this is true. His Word will never perish, God cannot be destroyed and neither can water, and they all are used for cleansing and are all life giving, we would die without water, plant life needs water, everything needs water. God is so smart!:spin:

Noonzie
Jul 28th 2011, 06:11 PM
That was a great revelation. Thanks for sharing that.

I was thinking about the 3 forms you were mentioning and wonder how each would relate to the trinity as well.

Saved7
Jul 28th 2011, 06:12 PM
I'm glad you appreciated it, I thought it was cool too. I saw a thread where someone asked if water was created, which reminded me to post this since it's been in and out of my mind for a while.

JimmyC
Aug 1st 2011, 09:59 PM
Just wanted to share something that I have been thinking about for some time, it's short and simple really. Notice how that Jesus is the Word of God, and the Word is compared to water? Ever think about the indestructibility of water? Think about it, it has 3 forms, vapor, solid and liquid. If you try to destroy it with fire, it will only evaporate, if the whole world were destroyed by fire and just exploded into pieces, one would have to assume that the water would just become a vapor and float around in space, which of course it would freeze into little ice crystals. You can't destroy water, ever. Now I'm no scientist, and I could be wrong, but it seems to me that this is true. His Word will never perish, God cannot be destroyed and neither can water, and they all are used for cleansing and are all life giving, we would die without water, plant life needs water, everything needs water. God is so smart!:spin:

God can do anything. He can easily turn water back into what it was before it was water.

Saved7
Aug 1st 2011, 11:15 PM
God can do anything. He can easily turn water back into what it was before it was water.

No doubt, but this isn't about what God can do, it's about the fact that God used water to compare to His Word. God would not destroy Himself, therefore, discussing whether or not God can destroy or change water is really kind of pointless in this discussion.

JimmyC
Aug 2nd 2011, 12:23 AM
No doubt, but this isn't about what God can do, it's about the fact that God used water to compare to His Word. God would not destroy Himself, therefore, discussing whether or not God can destroy or change water is really kind of pointless in this discussion.

Where and when did you see God use water to compare with His Word?

janitor
Aug 2nd 2011, 12:47 AM
Saved7 said,
Ever think about the indestructibility of water?
Ever think about the indestructibility of everything that exists?

DDGresham1
Aug 2nd 2011, 02:27 AM

The bible mentions the word as "living water" several times, I believe. Here is one passage:

<< John 7:38 >>

Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him."

DDGresham1
Aug 2nd 2011, 02:28 AM
Ever think about the indestructibility of everything that exists?

True but the point about the special properties of water is a good point. If I burn wood, the gas that comes off can't be turned back into wood by simply cooling it.

janitor
Aug 2nd 2011, 03:24 AM
DDGresham1 posted
True but the point about the special properties of water is a good point. If I burn wood, the gas that comes off can't be turned back into wood by simply cooling it.
You're right. I just think it's amazing that the evidence of Gods nature is around us all the time.

Ta-An
Aug 2nd 2011, 07:34 AM

Jesus is The Word,
In the Psalms, we read of thirsting after God...Ps 42:2 (http://bibledatabase.org/cgi-bin/bib_search/bible.cgi?BIBLE=48&BOOK=19&CHAP=42&SEARCH=jesus%20king%20lord&Read=Read&FIRST=OK&HV=2) My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God?

Ps 63:1 (http://bibledatabase.org/cgi-bin/bib_search/bible.cgi?BIBLE=48&BOOK=19&CHAP=63&SEARCH=jesus%20king%20lord&Read=Read&FIRST=OK&HV=1) O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is;

For your soul to thirst after God, ordinary water is not going to satisfy that thirst, you need the Word of God, to satisfy that thirst

Jn 4:9 (http://bibledatabase.org/cgi-bin/bib_search/bible.cgi?BIBLE=48&BOOK=43&CHAP=4&SEARCH=jesus%20king%20lord&Read=Read&FIRST=OK&HV=9) Then saith the woman of Samaria unto him, How is it that thou, being a Jew, askest drink of me, which am a woman of Samaria? for the Jews have no dealings with the Samaritans.
10 Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water.
11 The woman saith unto him, Sir, thou hast nothing to draw with, and the well is deep: from whence then hast thou that living water?
12 Art thou greater than our father Jacob, which gave us the well, and drank thereof himself, and his children, and his cattle?
13 Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again:
14 But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.
15 The woman saith unto him, Sir, give me this water, that I thirst not, neither come hither to draw.

JimmyC
Aug 2nd 2011, 02:51 PM
The bible mentions the word as "living water" several times, I believe. Here is one passage:

<< John 7:38 >>

Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him."

This does not say anything about God comparing water or streams of living water to His Word. That is what you read into it. I know what He is talking about here but I will keep that to myself.

Anything that comes from within God or Jesus is always going to be living.

You can read in the bible were it said virtue went out from Him into the woman with the issue of blood.

Now if you said the double edge sword that proceeded out of his mouth and slayed them was compared to his Word.

I might would agree with you.

JimmyC
Aug 2nd 2011, 02:54 PM
Jesus is The Word,
In the Psalms, we read of thirsting after God...Ps 42:2 (http://bibledatabase.org/cgi-bin/bib_search/bible.cgi?BIBLE=48&BOOK=19&CHAP=42&SEARCH=jesus%20king%20lord&Read=Read&FIRST=OK&HV=2) My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God?

Ps 63:1 (http://bibledatabase.org/cgi-bin/bib_search/bible.cgi?BIBLE=48&BOOK=19&CHAP=63&SEARCH=jesus%20king%20lord&Read=Read&FIRST=OK&HV=1) O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is;

For your soul to thirst after God, ordinary water is not going to satisfy that thirst, you need the Word of God, to satisfy that thirst

Jn 4:9 (http://bibledatabase.org/cgi-bin/bib_search/bible.cgi?BIBLE=48&BOOK=43&CHAP=4&SEARCH=jesus%20king%20lord&Read=Read&FIRST=OK&HV=9) Then saith the woman of Samaria unto him, How is it that thou, being a Jew, askest drink of me, which am a woman of Samaria? for the Jews have no dealings with the Samaritans.
10 Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water.
11 The woman saith unto him, Sir, thou hast nothing to draw with, and the well is deep: from whence then hast thou that living water?
12 Art thou greater than our father Jacob, which gave us the well, and drank thereof himself, and his children, and his cattle?
13 Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again:
14 But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.
15 The woman saith unto him, Sir, give me this water, that I thirst not, neither come hither to draw.

What is the purpose of quoting me verses and telling me what you read into it?

Noonzie
Aug 2nd 2011, 03:25 PM

Ephesians 4:2
With all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love

Liquid Tension
Aug 2nd 2011, 03:58 PM

That is pretty cool. Never thought of that before.

JimmyC
Aug 2nd 2011, 04:02 PM
Ephesians 4:2
With all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love

Why thank you.

But My God gets all the credit.

It was Him that made me and blessed me to be humble and gentle and helping others in

love.

Ta-An
Aug 2nd 2011, 05:46 PM
Jesus is Life, He is The Word, Water is life.... :D

JimmyC
Aug 2nd 2011, 05:58 PM
Jesus is Life, He is The Word, Water is life.... :D

Water is not Life.

JimmyC
Aug 2nd 2011, 06:00 PM
It takes air for your flesh to have life at this point in time.

Is the air Life?

JimmyC
Aug 2nd 2011, 06:00 PM
Who teaches you people?

Ta-An
Aug 2nd 2011, 06:19 PM
Water is not Life. How can you prove that :hmm:

Ta-An
Aug 2nd 2011, 06:43 PM
Water is not Life.
Have you ever read that the Bible speaks about drawing water out of the Well of Salvation :hmm:

OT, the water that was poured on the altar was called : The waters of salvation, or then The water of Yeshua :D

Saved7
Aug 3rd 2011, 03:17 PM

Ephesians 5:26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

Notice they both have cleansing properties. I'd cover more, but Ta-An covered it pretty well.

Saved7
Aug 3rd 2011, 03:20 PM
Who teaches you people?
Wow...quite the air of humility you have here. Honestly, if you can't see the link between water and the Word of God, then the question is who is teaching you?

JimmyC
Aug 3rd 2011, 04:56 PM
How can you prove that :hmm:

I will give you the honor.

Which is the origin of Life?

God or water?

JimmyC
Aug 3rd 2011, 04:58 PM
Wow...quite the air of humility you have here. Honestly, if you can't see the link between water and the Word of God, then the question is who is teaching you?

You can tell the degree of humility I have by what I have typed and posted on here?

Have I been talking to Angels unawares?

Yes I can see the link.

It goes something like this.

God: Let there be water.

JimmyC
Aug 3rd 2011, 04:59 PM
And there was water.

Ta-An
Aug 3rd 2011, 05:12 PM
And there was water. Indeed Gen 1:1 The word for heavens in Hebrew, is merely 'Waters ' :hug:

RollTide21
Aug 3rd 2011, 05:17 PM
You can tell the degree of humility I have by what I have typed and posted on here?

Have I been talking to Angels unawares?

Yes I can see the link.

It goes something like this.

God: Let there be water.Wait. Clarify for us. The only signficance of water as mentioned in Scripture is that God created it?

Saved7
Aug 4th 2011, 10:59 PM
Wait. Clarify for us. The only signficance of water as mentioned in Scripture is that God created it?

It would seem so, wouldn't it? Guess that since such an important symbol as water is "just" water, then I guess all the physical symbolism we thought meant so much and made so much sense to us is out too.

Jimmy, you have no idea just how much you are missing by ignoring the obvious symbolism and the not so obvious symbolisms throughout the scripture.

JimmyC
Aug 5th 2011, 02:58 PM
It would seem so, wouldn't it? Guess that since such an important symbol as water is "just" water, then I guess all the physical symbolism we thought meant so much and made so much sense to us is out too.

Jimmy, you have no idea just how much you are missing by ignoring the obvious symbolism and the not so obvious symbolisms throughout the scripture.

What is the symbol for the Spirit of Truth?

You have no idea just how much you are missing by not having the Spirit of Truth.

I do.

Noonzie
Aug 5th 2011, 03:14 PM

You have no idea just how much you are missing by not having the Spirit of Truth.

I do.

Proverbs 18:2
A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing his opinion.

Proverbs 29:11
A fool gives full vent to his spirit, but a wise man quietly holds it back.

Proverbs 1:7
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge; fools despise wisdom and instruction.

JimmyC
Aug 5th 2011, 03:38 PM
Proverbs 18:2
A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing his opinion.

Proverbs 29:11
A fool gives full vent to his spirit, but a wise man quietly holds it back.

Proverbs 1:7
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge; fools despise wisdom and instruction.

This man could have used your expertise.

1 Kings, Chapter 11

5 For Solomon went after Ashtoreth the goddess of the Zidonians, and after Milcom the abomination of the Ammonites.

6 And Solomon did evil in the sight of the LORD, and went not fully after the LORD, as did David his father.

7: Then did Solomon build an high place for Chemosh, the abomination of Moab, in the hill that is before Jerusalem, and for Molech, the abomination of the children of Ammon.

8: And likewise did he for all his strange wives, which burnt incense and sacrificed unto their gods.

9: And the LORD was angry with Solomon, because his heart was turned from the LORD God of Israel, which had appeared unto him twice,

10: And had commanded him concerning this thing, that he should not go after other gods: but he kept not that which the LORD commanded.

Noonzie
Aug 5th 2011, 03:49 PM
This man could have used your expertise.

1 Kings, Chapter 11

5 For Solomon went after Ashtoreth the goddess of the Zidonians, and after Milcom the abomination of the Ammonites.

6 And Solomon did evil in the sight of the LORD, and went not fully after the LORD, as did David his father.

7: Then did Solomon build an high place for Chemosh, the abomination of Moab, in the hill that is before Jerusalem, and for Molech, the abomination of the children of Ammon.

8: And likewise did he for all his strange wives, which burnt incense and sacrificed unto their gods.

9: And the LORD was angry with Solomon, because his heart was turned from the LORD God of Israel, which had appeared unto him twice,

10: And had commanded him concerning this thing, that he should not go after other gods: but he kept not that which the LORD commanded.

Solomon did have his time of folly and disobedience to the LORD, but the rebuke I offer is not to Solomon, but to you brother.

JimmyC
Aug 5th 2011, 04:06 PM
Solomon did have his time of folly and disobedience to the LORD, but the rebuke I offer is not to Solomon, but to you brother.

Did your rebuke remove the mote from my eye?

I didn't know we were brothers.

Did my Father tell you that?

JimmyC
Aug 5th 2011, 04:12 PM
He who minds his own business.

Is more wise than he who does not.

The Proverbs of Jimmy.

Noonzie
Aug 5th 2011, 04:19 PM
Did your rebuke remove the mote from my eye?

I didn't know we were brothers.

Did my Father tell you that?

i guess it was premature of me to think we have the same Father.

JimmyC
Aug 5th 2011, 04:25 PM
i guess it was premature of me to think we have the same Father.

Does that happen to you a lot in your life?

JimmyC
Aug 5th 2011, 04:28 PM
How long is it going to take you to figure out that my God gave me more of His wisdom than He did to you?

strongwatchman
Aug 5th 2011, 04:45 PM
Wow, this is pretty deep. God's nature is manifest in the things around us.

JimmyC
Aug 5th 2011, 04:49 PM
Wow, this is pretty deep. God's nature is manifest in the things around us.

Beware of those who pretend to know " God's nature".

Ta-An
Aug 5th 2011, 05:52 PM

I do.We as Christians do have The Spirit of Truth :D
Jn 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

RollTide21
Aug 5th 2011, 07:12 PM
How long is it going to take you to figure out that my God gave me more of His wisdom than He did to you?Now you're just trolling.

RollTide21
Aug 5th 2011, 07:14 PM
Which Christians do not have the Spirit of Truth?There are no "Christians" who do NOT have the Spirit of Truth. If a person doesn't know the Holy Spirit, he's outside of Christ.

RollTide21
Aug 5th 2011, 07:27 PM
Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralKolhak View Post
Which Christians do not have the Spirit of Truth?

RollTide21

There are no "Christians" who do NOT have the Spirit of Truth. If a person doesn't know the Holy Spirit, he's outside of Christ.

Do you believe that Tan manWhat are you talking about?

What is with people coming on the board lately with these cryptic posts that don't make any sense?

RollTide21
Aug 5th 2011, 07:28 PM
What is some one called that is not a Christian but has the Spirit of Truth?Deceived...........

RollTide21
Aug 5th 2011, 08:13 PM
Good thing you have the Spirit of Truth to understand all those parables.The parable of the Tan man? What book?

RollTide21
Aug 5th 2011, 08:14 PM
They say the trolls around here are very wise.

Are you very wise?The Cat in the Hat