PDA

View Full Version : What is Glory?

mikebr
Aug 23rd 2011, 08:03 PM
I've been thinking about this lately. How would you describe God's glory. Particularly in "To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory."

episkopos
Aug 23rd 2011, 10:41 PM
The word glory in Hebrew means weight. So we could see God's glory as the weight of His presence and splendour along with the awe that this produces.

percho
Aug 23rd 2011, 11:09 PM
I've been thinking about this lately. How would you describe God's glory. Particularly in "To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory."

John 17:5,22,23 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was. And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one: I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

Which I understand means we will be eternal spirit beings with the Father and the Son as born again children of God. And as Jesus prayed for this for himself as for us it must have been post resurrection for him and is the reason I believe that is what he emptied himself of spoken of in Phil. 2:7. As it was post resurrection for Jesus so shall it be post our resurrection. It is what Paul calls conformed to the image of in Romans 8:29.

mikebr
Aug 24th 2011, 12:00 AM
Would it be wrong to define it as the manifestation of God?................... as in "Christ in me, the hope of the manifestation of God."

percho
Aug 24th 2011, 06:54 PM
Would it be wrong to define it as the manifestation of God?................... as in "Christ in me, the hope of the manifestation of God."

I would say it is the hope of our manifestation as sons of God. As in, For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.