PDA

View Full Version : New Jerusalem, the eternal city of light!

glf
Aug 24th 2011, 11:51 AM
New Jerusalem, the eternal city of light!
Seen from a distance, the light of the New Earth will originate from within the city and there will be no night. The cubed structure is 1500 miles on a side and 1500 miles high, which is 5 times higher than what the space shuttle orbits the earth at now. The streets and buildings are made of pure gold that turns transparent when we look to the Father on his emerald rainbow Throne. Even the far side of the New Earth will be brightly illuminated by the Lord's glorious presence. There will be no more sorrow or hurt and those things will be passed away
I imagine the Throne room to be large enough to hold both the angelic host and the faithful of the Old and the New Testament at the same time and then will be fulfilled Zeph 3:17 The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing.
Jesus will be seated to the Father's right or to our left as we look upon the throne from the front and from the midst of the throne will proceed a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal. To either side of the river will be the tree of life bearing twelve kinds of fruit every month, and the leaves from the tree of lie are for the healing of the nations. I wonder what nations? I suspect that the New Earth will be a lot bigger than this earth, due to the dimensions of New Jerusalem and hubble lets us see about 8 billion light years in every direction with an end in sight and this is a temporary creation. I wonder what the permanent New heavens will be like if the Lord did this for the temporary heavens.
In all the time that we will have, sooner or later, you'll be in your mansion sharing the things that the Lord has done with Enoch, Eve, King David, and the apostle John, when you'll see Jesus walk past your doorway. You'll call out, "where ya going, Lord?" Jesus will stop and poke his head into the room and reply, "I'm going to the throne room. Want to come?" "Sure do," you'll exclaim and then arm in arm with the Lord of all glory, you all will go to the Father and worship in Spirit and in truth.

Jesus come quickly!!!

Greg

Walls
Aug 24th 2011, 03:11 PM
The New Jerusalem is a massive subject. No wonder. It is the consummation of God’s plan on earth. Everything of the New Jerusalem starts in Genesis Chapters 1 & 2. Notice the following similarities in both:
· There is God
· There is our Lord Jesus
· There is Gold
· There is Pearl (in the Garden it was Bdellium – a pearl-like sap of a tree)
· There are Precious Stones
· There is Man
· There is a Bride
· There is a River
· There is the Tree of Life and Fruit

Each of the decorations of the New Jerusalem has a meaning. Its shape is the shape of the Holy of Holies in the Tabernacle and the Temple. It consummates all four of the purposes for which God created man in Genesis Chapters 1 and 2.
· It expresses God, that is, it is in His image
· It is the place of the throne, that is, dominion comes out of it
· It is a Holy Place wherein God and Man have fellowship with all defiling influences shut outside
· It is the Bride, or help meet of Jesus Christ

The Greek word of “new (heavens)” and “new (earth)” has the sense of “renewed” or “made pristine.” Those in the Lake of fire still have tears and the “second death” (Rev.20:7). The lack of death, sorrow, crying or pain, pertains those who make up the New Jerusalem (The Church and Israel) and those of the nations who are allowed to enter it, as “God is their God and they are His people. The idea of those in the Lake of Fire not having God as their God and not being God’s people has its parallel in Israel when they were rejected by God. In its time of discipline and rejection, Israel was “Lo-ammi” (Hos.1:8-10, 2:23).

Let me say a word about the nations. Many Christians dishonor God and Jesus Christ (for He is the Judge) in that they teach that all unbelievers will go to Hell. This is not the case. Children who were murdered in their mother’s wombs, children who were murdered throughout the ages for whatever reason (Pharaoh, Herod, Chinese families who have more than one child etc.) will be resurrected and although they might not be of Israel or the Church, they will be judged on their works at the White Throne. If no evil was found they will not go to the Lake of Fire. Likewise, the message of Christ could not have reached all nations from Adam to Pentecost, and many individuals of the nations never hear the gospel ere they die. Do not be fooled. God is a just God, and God has the right to apply the death of Jesus to anyone He desires to. Jesus died for the “sin of the world” and “the sins of the whole world” (Jn.1:29; 1st Jn.2:2).

bob
Aug 24th 2011, 03:27 PM
Let me say a word about the nations. Many Christians dishonor God and Jesus Christ (for He is the Judge) in that they teach that all unbelievers will go to Hell. This is not the case. Children who were murdered in their mother’s wombs, children who were murdered throughout the ages for whatever reason (Pharaoh, Herod, Chinese families who have more than one child etc.) will be resurrected and although they might not be of Israel or the Church, they will be judged on their works at the White Throne. If no evil was found they will not go to the Lake of Fire. Likewise, the message of Christ could not have reached all nations from Adam to Pentecost, and many individuals of the nations never hear the gospel ere they die. Do not be fooled. God is a just God, and God has the right to apply the death of Jesus to anyone He desires to. Jesus died for the “sin of the world” and “the sins of the whole world” (Jn.1:29; 1st Jn.2:2).

I agree with a small portion of this, namely the end result; bit I disagree as to the means. It is unclear to me if you are teaching "works" based salvation, I don't see how they could have done any works, but you did say works. Or that everyone is born perfect without any sin, thus no need for a savior. Both of which I disagree with.

Walls
Aug 24th 2011, 08:20 PM
Hi Bob

Don’t worry about the typos. I’m prone to them myself (as I just type with two fingers looking at the keyboard instead of the screen).

The original poster, glf, and the observant reader, will note that in Revelation 21 and 22, which concern the New Heavens, the New Earth and the New Jerusalem, there are four different categories of people:
1. The Christians who form the walls, supported by the Apostles, of which our Lord Jesus is the Chief
2. The twelve tribes of Israel who make up the twelve gates
3. The nations who do not make up the New Jerusalem but which may go in to worship
4. Those in the Lake of Fire who may not go into New Jerusalem and worship

These have to be explained.
1. A Christian is any of the nations, or the nation of Israel who believed and confessed that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and that His death was enough for God’s sense of justice to put away his/her sins. He/she becomes a member of “One New Man”.
2. A Jew is one who is physically descended from Abraham but joined national Israel in rejecting their Messiah. Through the promises and mercy of God they will be restored to the position of leading nation and their Land.
3. At the Great White throne judgment all the dead of the nations must face Jesus Christ, the appointed Judge (Jn.5:22). Scripture says that they are judged on their works. In fact all (including Christians) are judged according to works (Rom.14:10; 2nd Cor.5:9-10, Matt.25:31-46; Rev.20:11-14). Read these verses carefully and you will see that, especially in the case of those in the Church (i.e. Romans 14 and 2nd Corinthians 5), they are judged according to their works. 2nd Corinthians 5:9-11 says; “Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him. For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.”

The difference between a Christian and all the others is that a new birth took place and a new life entered him/her making him/her eligible for;
· Eternal life
· The divine life
· The heaven kingdom and rule of God
· The enjoyment of intimate fellowship with God at a heavenly level
· Sonship to the Living God
· The Bride of Christ
The works mentioned in scripture are those AFTER rebirth and will decide the position the believer will take up in the above things.

The Jews and the nations partake of no such privileges. The Jew has certain blessings not accorded to the nations, but their failure to accept and believe in their Messiah precluded rebirth, partaking of the divine life and the kingdom of God. Their enjoyment of God is at an earthly level after their restoration and they are repositioned to leading nation on earth. The nations have to tremble. Books of works will be opened on that fateful day and woe unto those found to have done evil works that affronted God (Isa.66:22-24). Those found not to have affronted God escape purely by God’s mercy, and may have the earthly enjoyment of visiting the New Jerusalem on selected occasions. One cannot talk about salvation in the biblical sense, when addressing the nations. Neither I nor scripture intimate such an event.

If this concept is new or mystifying, here is a beginning that you can work on. There are a set of scriptures that say we can “HAVE life”, and they are always connected with faith. There is another set of scriptures that say we can “ENTER or INHERIT or ATTAIN UNTO life”, and these are always connected to works. There is a huge difference between “HAVING life” and “ENTERING, INHERITING or ATTAINING UNTO life”. Here are some:
HAVING Life
John 3:15, 5:39, 6:54, 10:28; Act.13:48; 1st Jn.5:13 etc.

ENTERING, INHERITING OR ATTAINING Life
Matt.19:16, 25:46; Jo.4:36, 12:25; Rom.2:7, 5:21; 1stTim.6:12 etc.

jamesdyson
Dec 9th 2017, 02:52 PM
Trump did this without asking Congress first. He did this just to change the subject even if deaths occur as a result.

If deaths do occur, the blood will be on Trump’s hands.

In my view

ross3421
Dec 11th 2017, 08:15 AM
New Jerusalem, the eternal city of light!
Seen from a distance, the light of the New Earth will originate from within the city and there will be no night. The cubed structure is 1500 miles on a side and 1500 miles high, which is 5 times higher than what the space shuttle orbits the earth at now. The streets and buildings are made of pure gold that turns transparent when we look to the Father on his emerald rainbow Throne. Even the far side of the New Earth will be brightly illuminated by the Lord's glorious presence. There will be no more sorrow or hurt and those things will be passed away
I imagine the Throne room to be large enough to hold both the angelic host and the faithful of the Old and the New Testament at the same time and then will be fulfilled Zeph 3:17 The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing.
Jesus will be seated to the Father's right or to our left as we look upon the throne from the front and from the midst of the throne will proceed a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal. To either side of the river will be the tree of life bearing twelve kinds of fruit every month, and the leaves from the tree of lie are for the healing of the nations. I wonder what nations? I suspect that the New Earth will be a lot bigger than this earth, due to the dimensions of New Jerusalem and hubble lets us see about 8 billion light years in every direction with an end in sight and this is a temporary creation. I wonder what the permanent New heavens will be like if the Lord did this for the temporary heavens.
In all the time that we will have, sooner or later, you'll be in your mansion sharing the things that the Lord has done with Enoch, Eve, King David, and the apostle John, when you'll see Jesus walk past your doorway. You'll call out, "where ya going, Lord?" Jesus will stop and poke his head into the room and reply, "I'm going to the throne room. Want to come?" "Sure do," you'll exclaim and then arm in arm with the Lord of all glory, you all will go to the Father and worship in Spirit and in truth.

Jesus come quickly!!!

Greg

16 And the city lieth foursquare, and the length is as large as the breadth: and he measured the city with the reed, twelve thousand furlongs. The length and the breadth and the height of it are equal.

Correction total is 12000 furlongs divided by four. So each side is 3000 furlongs - 375 miles

Walls
Dec 11th 2017, 02:43 PM
16 And the city lieth foursquare, and the length is as large as the breadth: and he measured the city with the reed, twelve thousand furlongs. The length and the breadth and the height of it are equal.

Correction total is 12000 furlongs divided by four. So each side is 3000 furlongs - 375 miles

I doubt if the actual mileage/kilometers count. What counts is the Greek words used. That is;

Twelve - the number of God's people (12 Tribes and 12 Apostles)
Thousand - the complete number. In both Revelation 7 and 14 a number is given of a group of God's people who were in line with His purpose. This number is multiplied then by 1,000. This does not happen when God is naming the actual number. There He is accurate to the exact number (e.g. Gen.14:14). Thus, 1,000 is representative of consummation.
Furlong - a stadion. The length of an Olympic Racetrack
The shape - foursquare. The shape of the Holy of Holies seeing as New Jerusalem is God's dwelling on earth (21:3)

This all put together gives an explanation. It is God's dwelling, the Holy of Holies which we may freely and boldly visit since the Curtain was torn from Top (from Heaven) to bottom. It is made of men, (1) the Walls are the Church standing on the twelve Apostles, and (2) the Gates are the 12 Tribes of Israel. It is now complete and consummated in eternity by God's people which have run their race and finished (1st Cor.9:24-26; Gal.2:2, 5:7; Phil.2:16; Heb.12:1). There is probably more to be seen.

jamesdyson
Dec 16th 2017, 12:35 PM
Even more rthan toyu inangainede (::

jamesdyson
Dec 16th 2017, 12:37 PM
.,.,.,.,.,,,,,,,.,,..,,,,.,.-(:0

borntobewild
Dec 16th 2017, 09:11 PM
[FONT=tahoma]Jesus will be seated to the Father's right or to our left as we look upon the throne from the front and from the midst of the throne will proceed a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal. To either side of the river will be the tree of life bearing twelve kinds of fruit every month, and the leaves from the tree of lie are for the healing of the nations. I wonder what nations?

The first mention of "nations" in the bible is found in Genesis 10

[SIZE=3]5 By these were the isles of the Gentiles (ha goyim) divided in their lands; every one after his tongue, after their families, in their nations.(be-goyehem)

This description of goyim (gentiles) was not attributed to the descendants of Shem and neither to descendants of Cam.

In the passages of the bible the description of gentiles became synonymous of "nations" when with the new generations became more idolaters or away from YHWH.