PDA

View Full Version : Where Will You Be on September 29th

John 8:32
Sep 15th 2011, 07:42 PM
Where will you be and what will you be doing?

Hunter121
Sep 15th 2011, 07:56 PM
Well it's a Thursday, so probably same old same old. Why?

Fenris
Sep 15th 2011, 08:01 PM
It's the first day of the new year. Y'all know where I'll be.

IMINXTC
Sep 15th 2011, 08:05 PM
Lord Willing, and hopefully, anything and anywhere but roaming the aisles of Home (away from home) Depot.

No guarantees.

keck553
Sep 16th 2011, 06:05 PM
Loving our neighbors to insantiy with my Shofar......

Sep 27th 2011, 07:08 PM
Loving our neighbors to insantiy with my Shofar......

Day after tomorrow.

mikebr
Sep 28th 2011, 12:28 AM
teaching some boys how to make fake ufo videos:monkeyd:

Fenris
Sep 28th 2011, 09:50 AM
teaching some boys how to make fake ufo videos:monkeyd:Put them up on youtube, please.

keck553
Sep 28th 2011, 09:18 PM
Day after tomorrow.

sunset! :)

We have beautiful apples and raw honey. What a evening it will be!

“This world would have been created even for the sake of a single righteous man …” The Holy One, blessed be He, saw that the righteous are but few, therefore He planted them throughout all generations, as it is said [in 1 Samuel 2:8], “The pillars of the earth are the LORD’s, and He set the world on them.”

Bandit
Sep 28th 2011, 09:20 PM
It's the first day of the new year. Y'all know where I'll be.

Down at the sushi place?

Ta-An
Sep 28th 2011, 09:25 PM
Down at the sushi place? eating Bacon rolled crab and crayfish :o

Oh vey :o!!!

Reynolds357
Sep 29th 2011, 02:10 AM
eating Bacon rolled crab and crayfish :o

Oh vey :o!!!
I have eaten a lot of sushi in my life, but I have yet to see a piece of bacon on any of it.

Reynolds357
Sep 29th 2011, 02:11 AM
Down at the sushi place?

Sounds like a good idea. I might go to the sushi buffett myself.

Slug1
Sep 29th 2011, 03:20 AM
I'll be home studying for Fridays test in my Substance Abuse/Chemical Dependency class. I got to class in the afternoon for the History class. Thursday night I have to attend the monthly Pastoral Board Meeting.

Mark F
Sep 29th 2011, 10:44 AM
שנה טובה ! (I hope it says happy new year in Hebrew)

Sep 30th 2011, 12:46 PM
All due respect to Fenris, but I do not believe the Feast of Trumpets is the new year. Is is the new civil year for Judah, just as Jan 1 is the new civil year for most of the world. But...

Exo 12:2 This month shall be unto you the beginning of months: it shall be the first month of the year to you.

God never called months by name, only by number, but most call this Abib or Nisan.

keck553
Sep 30th 2011, 08:12 PM
All due respect to Fenris, but I do not believe the Feast of Trumpets is the new year. Is is the new civil year for Judah, just as Jan 1 is the new civil year for most of the world. But...

Exo 12:2 This month shall be unto you the beginning of months: it shall be the first month of the year to you.

God never called months by name, only by number, but most call this Abib or Nisan.

I think I will offer you an explanation that might help. Jewish tradition has more than one 'new year' and none of them are anything like the drunken bashes and football games most westerners endulge in. It may seem strange at first, but western tradition also has several "new years" also - some company's fiscal years start on October, a new school year begiins in September. Nisan 1 is a new year for the purpose of counting the reign of kings and months on the calendar, Elul 1 is the new uyear for tithing animals. Sevat 1 is a new year for trees (that determin first fruits) and Tishri 1 (Rosh Hashanah) is the new year for years, so Sabbitcal years and Jubilee are dependant on Tishri 1.

Make sense?

Fenris
Oct 3rd 2011, 12:43 PM
Down at the sushi place?No, my wife makes sushi at home now.

Oct 3rd 2011, 01:55 PM
I think I will offer you an explanation that might help. Jewish tradition has more than one 'new year' and none of them are anything like the drunken bashes and football games most westerners endulge in. It may seem strange at first, but western tradition also has several "new years" also - some company's fiscal years start on October, a new school year begiins in September. Nisan 1 is a new year for the purpose of counting the reign of kings and months on the calendar, Elul 1 is the new uyear for tithing animals. Sevat 1 is a new year for trees (that determin first fruits) and Tishri 1 (Rosh Hashanah) is the new year for years, so Sabbitcal years and Jubilee are dependant on Tishri 1.

Make sense?

Yes, makes sense and I was aware of these, but nonetheless, I structure my life around the 1st day of Nisan as the first of the year.

Neither do I view the ten days of awe as a time for repentence. I see the Passover and Days of Unleavened Bread as a time for reflection and repentence. Based on taking the Passover worthily, as outlined in 1Cor 11.

Fenris
Oct 3rd 2011, 02:13 PM

Make sense?Very good. Gold star!

Yes, there are actually 4 "new years" in Judaism. This one is significant in that, firstly, according to tradition man was created on this day. So we crown God as the ruler of mankind on this date. Secondly, it begins a 10-day period ending on Yom Kippur, the day of atonement. So the world is being judged on this day.

Johnny
Oct 4th 2011, 11:36 AM
Rosh Hashanah.......The Feast of Trumpets........The Rapture

http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/images/theRapture/millions-missing-in-the-rapture.jpg

I guess G-d has given his true church (and us) another chance to prepare before He comes for His Bride.

1Co 15:51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
1Co 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

keck553
Oct 4th 2011, 11:50 PM
Yes, makes sense and I was aware of these, but nonetheless, I structure my life around the 1st day of Nisan as the first of the year.

Neither do I view the ten days of awe as a time for repentence. I see the Passover and Days of Unleavened Bread as a time for reflection and repentence. Based on taking the Passover worthily, as outlined in 1Cor 11.

Yeah, that's probably where the Catholics get their traditions from - isn't all those days to "passover" (easter) for Catholics about repentence - ash wednesday, etc? Ever wonder what season John was calling the nation of Israel to the baptism of repentence? (I just thought of that, I don't know).

Without a Mishkan and a theistic nation with a communal obedience to God, everyone goes off and does their own thing I suppose. Yom Kippur is defninately a day of repentence in Biblical terms, wouldn't you say?

keck553
Oct 4th 2011, 11:58 PM
Very good. Gold star!

Yes, there are actually 4 "new years" in Judaism. This one is significant in that, firstly, according to tradition man was created on this day. So we crown God as the ruler of mankind on this date. Secondly, it begins a 10-day period ending on Yom Kippur, the day of atonement. So the world is being judged on this day.

Yes, I read about this. A friend of ours in NC calls it the "days of awe" leading to the Day of Atonement. I'm going to fast that day sundown to sundown if no other reason than to unite with you and Israel in fasting and prayer. Surely God will accept my offering as an act of chesed.

Oct 5th 2011, 10:54 AM
Yeah, that's probably where the Catholics get their traditions from - isn't all those days to "passover" (easter) for Catholics about repentence - ash wednesday, etc? Ever wonder what season John was calling the nation of Israel to the baptism of repentence? (I just thought of that, I don't know).

Without a Mishkan and a theistic nation with a communal obedience to God, everyone goes off and does their own thing I suppose. Yom Kippur is defninately a day of repentence in Biblical terms, wouldn't you say?

Yes of course, teh Day of Atonement is a day for humbling one's self and also a day of rejoicing. The real culprit in the problems of the world finally bears responsibility as he is 'loosed in the wilderness'. Finally a day when the world is at one with God.

Fenris
Oct 5th 2011, 12:03 PM
Yes, I read about this. A friend of ours in NC calls it the "days of awe" leading to the Day of Atonement. I'm going to fast that day sundown to sundown if no other reason than to unite with you and Israel in fasting and prayer. On the Jewish calendar, the day begins at sunset because in Genesis it says "It was evening, it was morning, one day..." etc.

Surely God will accept my offering as an act of chesed.Surely.

God judges the entire world on Yom Kippur. That you realize this and will act on it of course pleases God and will alter the outcome.

Oct 5th 2011, 01:03 PM
On the Jewish calendar, the day begins at sunset because in Genesis it says "It was evening, it was morning, one day..." etc.

Lev 23:32 It shall be unto you a sabbath of rest, and ye shall afflict your souls: in the ninth day of the month at even, from even unto even, shall ye celebrate your sabbath.

God judges the entire world on Yom Kippur. That you realize this and will act on it of course pleases God and will alter the outcome.

A little sorrow involved that more do not value and observe this day.

Bandit
Oct 5th 2011, 11:09 PM
No, my wife makes sushi at home now.

:rofl: That is way too much for me to take in right now!