PDA

View Full Version : Archie Bunker lives! Please pray for him.

L'Ange
Oct 12th 2011, 02:06 AM
I had some interesting exchanges with a plumber in my home. He considers himself to be a major Christian and knows a lot of Scripture but it was obvious he thinks women are inferior to men and should mostly be seen & not heard in regard to the Word, based on the passage where Paul talks about women being silent in the congregations. I could "feel the vibes" and I did speak out to let him know "There is neither Greek nor Jew, male nor female" & told him about Priscilla, Lydia, Huldah the prophetess. Deborah and so on.

He kind of would listen.

But the worst part was that he didn't want to acknowledge that Yeshua was a Jew! I could see him looking with disdain on one of my books, a Jewish Study Bible, and he was kind of questioning me about it, with obvious distaste. When I asked him, "Do you understand that Yeshua was a Jew?" he tried to wiggle out of recognizing that truth by saying several times, "Well Mary was just a vessel" as if that meant her genetics didn't impact Him.

I mentioned that the "Old" Testament said Yeshua would come from the tribe of Judah & that He is called the Lion of the Tribe of Judah, so...He was a Jew!

But I could see he was having a hard time accepting that concept. It is funny/sad.

Please pray for him. Please pray for him to not make women feel put down as he goes through life, but to treat them with respect, and to come to love the Jews and know Yeshua was a Jew.

Also he is part of what seems to me to be a cult, i.e. the William Branham movement. Please pray for him to come into all truth. Thanks! :)

TRL1957
Oct 12th 2011, 03:31 PM
Praying:pray::pray:

catlover
Oct 12th 2011, 07:30 PM
Dear Heavenly Father, I lift up this man to you. Lord, You know whether he is a believer. If he is, I pray that his mind and heart would be open to biblical truths. If he is not, I pray the Holy Spirit would draw him to you. In Jesus name,