PDA

View Full Version : Please pray for us and for our cat Snuitje

miepie
Oct 30th 2011, 02:25 PM
Our 22 year old cat is dying..... it's horrible to watch........ she is peaceful though so the vet said we could wait till tomorrow to take her there (they are now on a location we can't come) and if it goes all wrong we have to pay a lot of money for him to come here......... She has been my cat for 17 years and 7 years for Charles but he's just as upset as me, just handling it better, I'm more emotional....... so probably (99% chance) the vet will put her down tomorrow if she doesn't die before that........ :cry: :cry:
So it will be a difficult day tomorrow and tomorrow evening I have to check into the hospital........ so it's all very weird, I am glad Charles is keeping track of everything........

Please pray for us....... and if you love animals please pray that our cat Snuitje aka Ms. Penelope will die peacefully.......... I never watched an animal being put down so that will be very difficult....... Charles said he'd stay with her instead of me but she's more quiet when she's laying with me so I want to do that for her, it's the last thing I can do for the animal that I love so very much........... :cry: Please pray for us tomorrow...... :pray:

Love you all lots,
Mieke :kiss: :cry:

catlover
Oct 30th 2011, 02:36 PM
Dear God, I pray for this special kitty cat. Lord, please let her pass peacefully on her own or let her "parents" be able to take her to the vet tomorrow. Help them cope with this loss and all the emotions that go with losing a pet that is like family. Thank you Lord, and we give You all the glory for working in this situation.

(I've had one cat put to sleep -- he was not in good shape -- the vet gave him a shot of something (not sure what). And he just passed peacefully).

steelerbabe
Oct 30th 2011, 03:01 PM
You need a big hug:hug: I will be lifting your precious kitty up in prayer. May the Lord comfort both you and Charles and help to heal your broken hearts. My beloved Skippy passed away 4 years ago this December. He was lying down on Grace's bed and we knew the end was near. We placed a picture of Jesus as the good shepard next to him, pet him, and told him what a wonderful cat he was and how much joy and love he brought to all of us. He passed away peacefully around 3:00 a.m. I am here for you, please contact me if you want to talk.:kiss:

amazzin
Oct 30th 2011, 03:43 PM
As hard as this is for me to say...I will

Our 22 year old cat is dying..... it's horrible to watch........ she is peaceful though so the vet said we could wait till tomorrow to take her there (they are now on a location we can't come) and if it goes all wrong we have to pay a lot of money for him to come here......... She has been my cat for 17 years and 7 years for Charles but he's just as upset as me, just handling it better, I'm more emotional....... so probably (99% chance) the vet will put her down tomorrow if she doesn't die before that........ :cry: :cry:
So it will be a difficult day tomorrow and tomorrow evening I have to check into the hospital........ so it's all very weird, I am glad Charles is keeping track of everything........

Please pray for us....... and if you love animals please pray that our cat Snuitje aka Ms. Penelope will die peacefully.......... I never watched an animal being put down so that will be very difficult....... Charles said he'd stay with her instead of me but she's more quiet when she's laying with me so I want to do that for her, it's the last thing I can do for the animal that I love so very much........... :cry: Please pray for us tomorrow...... :pray:

Love you all lots,
Mieke :kiss: :cry:

AndrewBaptistFL
Oct 30th 2011, 05:41 PM
I've prayed and will.

Frances
Oct 30th 2011, 06:57 PM
Praying for you all - to know the Peace that only the Lord can give, bwfore, duringf and after the event.

(I had to have my old cat put down - he was totally peaceful as I help him in my arms, he just stopped breathing, so don't worry about it. Your holding her will give her any assurance she needs at that time.)

MoreMercy
Oct 30th 2011, 08:28 PM
I'm sorry Mieke, I love you.

This fallen world is ugly Mieke, Daddy understands that and understands that we have to live in it too.
Your tears may look like they fall toward earth, but I assure you sweet sister that your tears are rising to Heaven and wetting the crystal floor at the foot of His throne.

I'm praying for Snuitje too, for her comfort and peace.
And for your and Charles's courage and comfort also.

Will not stop praying for and with you until He takes us home, or sends His Son back, which ever comes first. :hug:

miepie
Oct 30th 2011, 09:01 PM
Thank you all for your prayers......... :hug: :hug:
She died peacefully on her favourite spot by the door about half an hour ago. Charles put her in her favourite basket and in a bag and we will bring her away tomorrow morning....... :cry: :cry: :cry:
At least this is "easier" than having to have the vet put her down......... I am glad I don't have to make that decision and that she died in our house..........
Our concern is now that the other cat, Mr. Nappie, won't miss her too much that he'll die of grief........ he was 8 weeks when I got him and he spent all his life with her too ( 16 1/2 years)....... he knew something was going on because he wouldn't eat today but finally Charles got him to eat something and we will give him even more love and attention than we already did........ Charles has promised me he'll look very well after him and give him some extra attention while I am in the hospital........ I don't doubt he will but hearing him say that, made going away a little easier.........
I am going to miss our Snuitje terribly....... Charles just said he'll miss Miss James Brown too...... she could meow like James........ and she'd go crazy if she knew we were eating green beans, she loved those.......... we're going to find a good photo from her and let it enlarge it and put it on our wall.......

We've done the best we could for her, loved her and now it's time to give her back to You Daddy...... please take good care of our baby............. :pray:

Love you all lots,
Mieke :kiss:

catlover
Oct 30th 2011, 09:56 PM
I'm so sorry you have lost her BUT I think she passed in a good way -- in her favorite spot with her family. I was going to suggest the picture. It's like she's still there - but in a different way.

When do you go to the hospital?? We want to be sure and pray for you and Charles.

I don't have scripture to back this up, but I believe my cats have gone to "cat heaven".

miepie
Oct 30th 2011, 10:04 PM
I believe she's gone to Heaven and she will be there once I arrive there........

I will be admitted in the hospital tomorrow evening and have bladdersurgery on Tuesday and hopefully be released on Wednesday..........

Love you very much,

TRL1957
Oct 31st 2011, 03:14 AM
I am so very sorry:hug::cry:
I love animals, my cat is family. I too, believe your precious kitty is in Heaven.
You and Charles are in my prayers. :pray: I will be thinking of you and tuning in to see how your surgery and recovery goes. love you very much, my precious friend. :hug::hug::hug:

IMINXTC
Oct 31st 2011, 04:19 AM
Sorry for the loss of your long-time and loyal friend. And prayers for your heart.

Watching in prayer for Tuesday's procedure.

Going to be very nice to see that particular, chronic bladder-pain lifted.

miepie
Oct 31st 2011, 04:00 PM
Thank you all for your hugs and prayers.......... :hug: :hug:

We brought her to the vet this morning who will arrange the rest....... we brought her in her basket and left her there...... :cry: I have cried the rest of the morning once we were at home again.......... :cry: feel a little better now but miss her terribly..........
We're spoiling Mr. Nappie like crazy......... with attention that is....... call him when he meows...... mostly he sleeps in my lap......
Thank you for the prayers so far and please keep them up....... :pray:

Love you all lots,

beachbum53
Oct 31st 2011, 05:15 PM
Mieke, I am so sorry to hear about Snuitje. :hug: :hug:

It is so hard to loose a pet; they definitely are part of us. You were home all day snuggling with her which I think makes it worse. When I had to take my Travis to the vet, it was 'bad'..I'm glad she died a natural death in her home, instead of the vets.

I came on here so you would be more likely to see this than on FB. I wanted to catch you before leaving for the hospital. My thoughts and prayers are always with you...I prayed before writing this for comfort; I had tears thinking of you crying knowing how you felt about Snuitje.

Praying for wisdom for the doctors, peace and comfort while you are there and for this procedure to help you greatly in the way you feel with constant pain.. making this short so hopefully you will see being as you are way ahead of my time...((spent the morning doing skills at work))

I love you much and am touched greatly about befriending Josh and Mel.. :kiss::kiss: :pray: :pray:

moonglow
Nov 1st 2011, 01:32 AM
Mieke...I am so so sorry dear. I pray the Lord will comfort you and Charles now. Its so very hard losing a pet.

I will also keep you in my prayers for tomorrow too!

Hang in there.

God bless

Crosstalk
Nov 1st 2011, 06:14 PM
Praying also for grace and strength....I guess the Lord decided to end both your pain and your cats pain at the same time.

miepie
Nov 3rd 2011, 12:52 PM
Thanks Jack...... :hug:

Her pain has ended, but mine is not........ physical or emotional that is......... We got a card in the mail from the vet to wish us strength which I liked very much......... it's nice to see someone cares like that........
I guess it will hurt for a while....... :cry:

Love you very much,

peacewithin
Nov 3rd 2011, 01:46 PM
Oh Mieke I'm just so sorry! I honestly do know what your going through and all I can say is, time will heal. You will never quit missing your ,but as time goes by that gut wrenching pain will ease and you will just remember all the good memories. I'm going to send you a pm. I love you and it will get better, I promise.:hug:
Beverly

TRL1957
Nov 3rd 2011, 04:05 PM
Still praying for you all, sweetie.:hug::hug:
I am so sorry:(
Love you :hug::hug:

L'Ange
Nov 3rd 2011, 04:11 PM
What I want to know is what you feed your cats or what else you do so that they live so long!!! My cat is 12 years old and I wonder if she'll make it another year.

In any case, I will be praying for your other cat to be comforted. Let's see now, people who are so good with cats, who love cats so much....Well, there are a lot of adorable little orphaned kittens out there who could use a wonderful home like your. Hint. Hint.

Praying that you will be led to just the right one if that is what YHWH wishes for you and that you will be comforted in your loss. Issac was comforted in the loss of his mother with Rebecca coming into his life. (Am I being a nag? lol.)

miepie
Nov 3rd 2011, 07:21 PM
Oh Mieke I'm just so sorry! I honestly do know what your going through and all I can say is, time will heal. You will never quit missing your ,but as time goes by that gut wrenching pain will ease and you will just remember all the good memories. I'm going to send you a pm. I love you and it will get better, I promise.:hug:
Beverly
I know it will ease........ it just takes time............

Still praying for you all, sweetie.:hug::hug:
I am so sorry:(
Love you :hug::hug:
Thanks my special dear friend......... :hug:

Love you both lots,

miepie
Nov 3rd 2011, 07:29 PM
What I want to know is what you feed your cats or what else you do so that they live so long!!! My cat is 12 years old and I wonder if she'll make it another year.
We feed them all kinds of stuff...... but mostly Purina One Senior........ we're trying to keep them on Senior food....... Nappie loves fish, so he gets fish now (not real fish, he won't eat that, but catfood flavour fish). For the rest they are inside cats so no fighting..........

In any case, I will be praying for your other cat to be comforted. Let's see now, people who are so good with cats, who love cats so much....Well, there are a lot of adorable little orphaned kittens out there who could use a wonderful home like your. Hint. Hint.
When I read this to my husband he thought it was actually a good idea.......... first let Nappie get used to not being with Snuitje (his surrogate mom) anymore and then see if we can find a little kitten to keep him company...... probably in the spring or so....... He's becoming more playful again so it might be a good idea to do that....... we just have to arrange that if it doesn't work out, we can bring the kitten back.......

Praying that you will be led to just the right one if that is what YHWH wishes for you and that you will be comforted in your loss. Issac was comforted in the loss of his mother with Rebecca coming into his life. (Am I being a nag? lol.)
No you're not a nag...... :lol: We don't do anything without being led by Daddy, so if it is His Will, we'll find a kitten on our path.......... we'll see....... there's no rush.......

Love you lots,

thethirdtuttle
Nov 4th 2011, 12:05 AM
I'm so very sorry to hear about the loss of Snutje. Pets can become like part of our family, can't they? Me and my wife's cat Roxie is 4 years old now, and I'm hoping and praying she lives a good, long life. I'll definitely be praying the Lord gives you His comfort, peace and hope in order to be able to deal with the loss of Snuitje, and that Mr. Nappie doesn't take her death too hard, either. I'll also be praying for you that your surgery went well, and that you have a full, complete, and speedy recovery with no discomfort whatsoever. God bless, and have a great night in the Lord!

Yours in Christ,

Benjamin