PDA

View Full Version : I Have Leukemia

D in Georgia
Dec 7th 2011, 11:18 PM
The end of September I was diagnosed with Acute promyelocytic leukemia. Untreated, this can be fatal pretty quickly but since we caught it early I am expected to be completely cured within a few months.
Asking for prayer for me and my family. I can't work so we are adjusting to one paycheck instead of two.

Romans 5:3-5 (NIV)

Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not put us to shame, because Godís love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.

D in Georgia

Jeanne D
Dec 7th 2011, 11:32 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this, but God can do anything. You are all in my prayers. Would you mind giving me your first name?

Jeanne

quiet dove
Dec 7th 2011, 11:52 PM
Praying for you and your family D. :hug:

Diggindeeper
Dec 8th 2011, 12:53 AM
Please know that I am praying for you, Sweetie. I know this must be a terrible thing to go through, but I am so glad that you are leaning on scripture and on prayer!

I thnk God also that it was caught in the early stage.........

Bandit
Dec 8th 2011, 02:37 AM
The end of September I was diagnosed with Acute promyelocytic leukemia. Untreated, this can be fatal pretty quickly but since we caught it early I am expected to be completely cured within a few months.
Asking for prayer for me and my family. I can't work so we are adjusting to one paycheck instead of two.

Romans 5:3-5 (NIV)

Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.

D in Georgia

Hello D in Georgia,

I, too, was diagnosed with a chronic leukemia (SLL), but God has been good, and I am still alive. (Just ask my friends.) God is the master of all things. Let me know if you want talk. I believe God is good.

TRL1957
Dec 8th 2011, 03:25 AM
I am grateful to hear this was caught early. I will keep you in my prayers. :hug:

svfox
Dec 8th 2011, 05:28 AM
Praying for your good healing.
Do you see life differently now?

IMINXTC
Dec 8th 2011, 08:19 AM
Yes, praying now and will be watching for a victorious deliverance from this leukemia, and praying for extra grace and protection for your family.

Asking that all of your family's financial needs are more than adequately met.

Frances
Dec 8th 2011, 04:33 PM
Praying for Healing in body, mind and spirit . . .

D in Georgia
Dec 8th 2011, 08:40 PM
Thank you for all of your prayers.
God has revealed himself in so many ways since my diagnosis. (And before) He is using His people to show us his love. I have been showered in prayers and sometimes when we don't know where the money is going to come from a check just shows up in the mail. Someone left cash at my pharmacy to cover all of my prescriptions, which are many. I have felt so blessed.
Our prayer has been that we can be used in this trial to give God glory. D in Georgia

L'Ange
Dec 9th 2011, 12:26 AM
I am so sorry to hear that. Well, just in case you would be interested in it (I have no idea if it would be helpful or not really) I have some things saved on my computer about alternative health helps with leukemia. This is because a very long time ago an aunt apparently died from it.

Regardless I will pray not only that you recover quickly and completely but that you and your family will be taken care of materially also.