PDA

View Full Version : Where Is Steve Jobs Now?

webers_home
Jan 20th 2012, 03:14 PM
Steve Jobs' religion of choice was Buddhism; a religious philosophy invented by a man named Siddhartha Guatama; a.k.a. the Buddha; which is a rub because according to the testimony of the Bible's Christ as an expert witness in all matters pertaining to the hereafter, one's choice of spiritual master is what ultimately decides everybody's fate.

†. John 14:6 . . Jesus said unto him: I am the path, and the truth; no man comes unto the Father but by me.

After reading about Jobs in the Oct 27, 2011 issue of Rolling Stone; I'd have to say that, Buddhism aside, he wouldn't have made it to safety when he crossed over to the other side anyway. The reason being that the Bible's heaven is a place of kindness, patience, honesty, scruples, trust, understanding, compassion, pity, and sympathy. Somebody with Jobs' personality can't be allowed to go there. It wouldn't be fair to the others; and besides; he wouldn't fit in anyway.

I once heard a preacher spin a rather realistic yarn about a bus load of hades' inmates who were issued a free 30-day pass for R&R in the Bible's heaven. They all came back the very first night because the Bible's heaven was much too oppressive and much too invasive. There was no democracy, no privacy, no vice, no freedom of speech, no separation of church and state, no dissent, and everybody had to go to the same church and sing the same hymns; plus: heaven's etiquette— its dress code, its rules of conduct, and its civility —were way too strict. Especially unacceptable was the mandatory self control everyone had to exercise in their choice of words to avoid chafing people and/or hurting their feelings.

In other words; Heaven's utopian society, coupled with keeping a civil tongue in one's head— along with its 24/7 Big Brother oversight —was just simply too much to ask in exchange for some time off. In their opinion the Bible's heaven is very disagreeable; in other words: it sucks. At least in the Bible's hell, nobody has to watch their language, be courteous, be reasonable, nor be their brother's keeper.

†. Mtt 5:3 . . Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

†. Mtt 5:5 . . Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth.

†. Mtt 5:7 . . Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy.

†. Mtt 5:9 . . Blessed are the peaceable, for they will be called sons of God.

I think that anyone who knew Jobs in his prime of life, and/or ever worked under his supervision, would agree that he utterly failed to exemplify even a single one of those four beatitudes.

Cliff
/

Indueseason
Jan 20th 2012, 03:23 PM
This man may not have walked with Christ here on earth, but we cannot say for sure where he is now. Buddhism can't save for Jesus is the Way, the Truth, and the Life, and no man comes to the Father except through Him. That does not mean Steve Job didn't cry out to Jesus on his death bed. We can assume, but only God knows the truth.

blessings to you :hug:

-SEEKING-
Jan 20th 2012, 03:31 PM
Not sure where he is. But the feeling coming from your post it seems you rather enjoy he didn't make it to heaven. That's an attitude we should NEVER have.

t1mlew1s
Jan 20th 2012, 04:00 PM
Only God can know the heart of man.

keck553
Jan 20th 2012, 07:08 PM
Someday we'll find out.

ewq1938
Jan 20th 2012, 08:24 PM
†. Mtt 5:3 . . Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

†. Mtt 5:5 . . Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth.

†. Mtt 5:7 . . Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy.

†. Mtt 5:9 . . Blessed are the peaceable, for they will be called sons of God.

I think that anyone who knew Jobs in his prime of life, and/or ever worked under his supervision, would agree that he utterly failed to exemplify even a single one of those four beatitudes.

Cliff
/

How do you know?

fewarechosen
Jan 20th 2012, 08:27 PM
judge not lest you be judged.

Sojourner
Jan 20th 2012, 09:28 PM
Jesus is the only way to God, and we as Christians know that this is an immutable fact, which eternity will prove to all. Nevertheless, I think you need to remember that God is the judge, and He alone determines the final estate of us all. I think it would behoove us all to examine or own relationship with God, and that our time is better invested in identifying and correcting flaws in our own character and spirituality, rather than critiquing the lives of others.

1 You may think you can condemn such people, but you are just as bad, and you have no excuse! When you say they are wicked and should be punished, you are condemning yourself, for you who judge others do these very same things. 2 And we know that God, in his justice, will punish anyone who does such things. 3 Since you judge others for doing these things, why do you think you can avoid God’s judgment when you do the same things? (Rom 2:1-3 NLT)

markedward
Jan 20th 2012, 09:30 PM
Where Is Steve Jobs Now?Why is it any of your business?

John146
Jan 20th 2012, 09:42 PM
I don't know where he is now. Only God knows. Leave the judging up to God. We know what the requirements for salvation are but we don't know what he believed in his last days or hours. You should be hoping that he gave his life to Christ in his last days or hours rather than assuming that he never did that and is now in hell. You seem to have some kind of grudge against the guy but we should love everyone and not judge anyone.

t1mlew1s
Jan 20th 2012, 09:54 PM
I understand that Steve Jobs was not a very popular guy in Christian circles, for whatever reasons, his choice in religion, his business practices, what have you. But he was a man created by God and loved by God. We have no way of knowing if God was dealing with him about his salvation or lack thereof. He very well may have had a deathbed conversion. I certainly hope so. I think it is a very un-Christian like thing to hope for anything less. Before we criticize another person we would do well to remember Matthew 7:5. As i write this, it occurs to me that I am typing this on a Mac!:)

webers_home
Jan 20th 2012, 10:48 PM
An expert witness can be defined as: A witness, who by virtue of education, training, skill, or experience, is believed to have knowledge in a particular subject beyond that of the average person, sufficient that others may officially (and legally) rely upon the witness's specialized (scientific, technical or other) opinion about an evidence or fact issue within the scope of their expertise, referred to as the "expert opinion" as an assistance to the fact-finder.

According to the testimony of the Bible's Christ as an expert witness in all matters pertaining to the hereafter: the majority of the human race has not been making it to safety when they cross over to the other side.

†. Mtt 7:13-14 . . Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

†. Mtt 22:14 . . For many are called, but few are chosen.

Webster's defines "many" as: consisting of, or amounting to, a large but indefinite number; while "few" is defined as: consisting of, or amounting to, only a small number; viz: not many; i.e. some, but indeterminately small in number

According to Webster's then; few indicates a small percentage, and many indicates a large percentage; in other words: many = the majority.

Since that's the case, it shouldn't surprise anyone that a crumb like Jobs would go to hell. In point of fact, many of the people we admire are meeting a terrible end; and actually, most of the people we admire are meeting a terrible end.

†. 1Cor 1:26-30 . . Brothers, think of what you were when you were called. Not many of you were wise by human standards; not many were influential; not many were of noble birth.

All those stars that walked the red carpet at the Golden Globes? Most will go to hell. All the broadcast news anchors on television? Most will go to hell. All the worlds presidents, monarchs, congressmen, senators, and dictators? Most will go to hell. All the world's gifted musicians and singers? Most will go to hell. All the world's best talk show hosts? Most will go to hell. All the world's renowned athletes? Most will go to hell. All the world's best poets and novelists? Most will go to hell. All the world's industrialists and corporate executive officers? Most will go to hell. All world's scientists, intellectuals, and academic geniuses? Most will go to hell. All the world's best painters and sculptors? Most will go to hell.

The majority of your influences— the majority of the people you admire the most —are on a direct collision course with the gates of hell; and like the fabled pied piper, they're leading a parade of silly admirers right behind them. Can you just imagine the shock and chagrin that the Golden Globes, Oscar, MTV Awards, and the Emmys fans are going to feel when they see all those glamorous people stripped of their Gucci gowns, and their Valentino suits, and their Cartier jewelry thrust shrieking, bellowing, and bawling like little girls down into the furnaces of hell?

The movers and shakers of this world are a seriously endangered species. By the time the Lord is done with them; they will be as scarce as California condors; and they're not alone. A pretty good number of the world's renowned Christians have been, and will be, going to hell too.

†. Mtt 7:22-23 . . Many will say to me in that day: Lord, Master, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many miraculous things? And then will I profess unto them: I never knew you. Depart from me, you that work iniquity.

The Lord's statement doesn't target Atheists, nor Hindus, Buddhists, nor Muslims. No, their fate is a given. No, it targets people exclaiming to have done some pretty outstanding things in "thy" name; in other words: it targets Christians of all denominations; and not just your average rank and file pew warmers either; but the best of the best— the cream of the crop, the celebrities of the Christian world: those who can actually exorcise demons, speak about Christ with amazing effectiveness, and accomplish things that reason can only attribute to the power of God.

Does that suggest anyone you know? How about Mother Teresa? Yes; never assume Ms. Agnes Gonxha Bojaxhiu made it to safety because she and others like her are the very ones in the high-risk category of Christians that Mtt 7:22-23 denounces.

Cliff
/

keck553
Jan 20th 2012, 11:21 PM
I think we will be very surprised who is with God and who is not with God. Very surprised.

For all we know Mother Teresa worshipped and prayed for guidence and intercession from a dead Jewish woman all her life (idol worship). I certainly hope not. But we must remind ourselves that we are not saved by our virtue or our works, for we all have sinned and fall short. But only God knows.

ewq1938
Jan 20th 2012, 11:24 PM
The Lord's statement doesn't target Atheists, nor Hindus, Buddhists, nor Muslims. No, their fate is a given. No, it targets people exclaiming to have done some pretty outstanding things in "thy" name; in other words: it targets Christians of all denominations; and not just your average rank and file pew warmers either; but the best of the best— the cream of the crop, the celebrities of the Christian world: those who can actually exorcise demons, speak about Christ with amazing effectiveness, and accomplish things that reason can only attribute to the power of God.

Big deal.

Mat 7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

BrianW
Jan 20th 2012, 11:31 PM
It's not so much what goes into a man but what comes out of him that defiles right?

So let me ask you a question webers_home --And I expect an answer---- what does a statement like this

Somebody with Jobs' personality can't be allowed to go there. It wouldn't be fair to the others; and besides; he wouldn't fit in anyway.

say about a persons heart?

webers_home
Jan 21st 2012, 12:23 AM

And I expect an answerIf there is one thing I passionately detest above all things on the internet it's a bullying moderator.

Brian, were you at all aware of the recent flap on the internet over the 1st Amendment? Don't even THINK you can muscle an answer out of me! I am an American citizen. Here in my country we not only have the freedom of speech but also the right to remain silent. I will thank you not to abuse my rights like the world's despots do to people in countries like North Korea and Zimbabwe.

Cliff
/

BrianW
Jan 21st 2012, 12:35 AM
And I'll thank you to remember that the name of this board is bible chat.

You've made some very bold statements. Do you wish to talk about them or not?

IMINXTC
Jan 21st 2012, 12:39 AM
To billboard a specific individual, particularly a very familiar name, before discussing his eternal destiny, especially in condemning manner, is not good, and is not the prerogative of the believer.

"Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked..." Ez 33:11

And, as mentioned earlier, we do not know this man's final state of heart.

amazzin
Jan 21st 2012, 12:43 AM
Thread Closed for moderator review