PDA

View Full Version : Forgivness (Matthew 6:14-15)

CarolLoves
Mar 28th 2012, 12:05 PM
Just wanted to share.
"For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses." (Matthew 6:14-15 KJV)
What do you think? Do we as humans need to forgive other humans their sins in order to be forgiven by God? I like this quote very much, as it illustrates that we are all sinful (if not through original sin, then through everyone having wronged someone else at some point), and to be unwilling ot forgive others their wrongdoings, is to say you're too above it to admit your own sins.

Watchman
Mar 28th 2012, 12:15 PM
We forgive others of their offenses against us by no longer holding on to the resentment, anger, and pain they've caused us. However, this forgiveness is more for us. If we harbor resentment, it will eventually grow into hatred, which is as murder. Many need to forgive God, too, yes?

W :)

CarolLoves
Mar 28th 2012, 12:19 PM
Yes, I agree. Forgiveness is something we do for ourselves, like ridding ourselve sof the need to be angry, and saying we have better things to do in life than feel resentment. That's the message my non-religious personalities took home from this scripture, too.