PDA

View Full Version : Revelations interpreted?

400constantine
Apr 13th 2012, 02:03 AM
I am a Catholic, and I would like to get your perspective on this interpretation of Revelations.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTefBdhFSJs&feature=g-user-a&list=PLAE4D670A29F5A494&context=G2b49c6cUCGXQYbcTJ33bH_TumfOAtwgu1uruRVwvP AXMEfmQdJQU

It is rather in the middle of the discussion, but this I think is better. This way if you don't find it biblical you can just move on, and if you do find it atleast interesting you can start from 1.

I think that it is a very accurate interpretation, especially the parts about the old Roman Enpire, and the new. Obviously, I think that there are a few parts to it that the Brothers got a little too over confident on, and were wrong about.

If the link doesn't work just search: is the world about to end? mhfm1

Adstars
Apr 13th 2012, 03:34 PM
I think it is totally inaccurate.

The mark of the beast is a mark placed on/in the right hand or the forehead. He is talking about the Euro currency that is external to ones body.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

John 8:32
Apr 16th 2012, 06:15 PM

The mark of the beast is a mark placed on/in the right hand or the forehead. He is talking about the Euro currency that is external to ones body.

The pope is not the seventh king. He is not the beast. He is the False Prophet and the leader of the ten kings (nations?) is the Beast. The Beast is the political/military leader and the False Prophet is the religious leader.

Odelia
May 4th 2012, 10:30 AM
I am a Catholic, and I would like to get your perspective on this interpretation of Revelations.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTefBdhFSJs&feature=g-user-a&list=PLAE4D670A29F5A494&context=G2b49c6cUCGXQYbcTJ33bH_TumfOAtwgu1uruRVwvP AXMEfmQdJQU

It is rather in the middle of the discussion, but this I think is better. This way if you don't find it biblical you can just move on, and if you do find it atleast interesting you can start from 1.

I think that it is a very accurate interpretation, especially the parts about the old Roman Enpire, and the new. Obviously, I think that there are a few parts to it that the Brothers got a little too over confident on, and were wrong about.

This was very interesting. Thank you for sharing.

Odelia
May 4th 2012, 10:33 AM

So much od Revelation is figurative speech, how can we be sure the mark is physical?

claybevan
May 4th 2012, 11:31 AM

Sounds made up to me, I had to push myself to get past the 666 on the euro coin, I counted 12 stars and 12 straight lines=24 not 18. Like some above said the mark will be on our foreheads or hands. I think and it's only my opinion that we should look to the old bible lands for end time movement, especially Egypt.

May 4th 2012, 01:03 PM

The indication is that it will be how/what you think (forehead) and how/when you work (right hand). Think days here.

Dan 7:25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

Now how'd that get there?

Adstars
May 5th 2012, 01:39 PM
So much od Revelation is figurative speech, how can we be sure the mark is physical?

Because it has to do with a human interaction of buying and selling items. If you have the Mark you will be able to buy and sell but if you do not have the mark you will be unable.

Using symbolic interpretations of the Mark of the beast is a mistake.

MyCoolUsername
May 7th 2012, 06:27 PM
Being as there is so much symbolism in this book it is difficult for myself to think this is literal.

Here is a way to look at it from the symbolic perspective...

The mark on the forhead. Well the head is where our brain is, right? Head meaning knowledge?
The mark on the hand? Could this mean extending fellowship to the beast?

To me the "mark" is a mindset. Not an actual symbol. Not a tattoo, a coin, microchip and so on. If someone cears the mark their mind is set on the beast, and so are their actions...

Does this make sense to anyone?

MyCoolUsername
May 7th 2012, 06:37 PM
Because it has to do with a human interaction of buying and selling items. If you have the Mark you will be able to buy and sell but if you do not have the mark you will be unable.

Using symbolic interpretations of the Mark of the beast is a mistake.

Daniel was thrown in to the lion's den because he would not relinquish his religon. He had no mark. It was his heart and mind that caused him to be punished.

Also, since God does not judge someone according to their appearance, I find it hard to believe that something PHYSICAL will determine someone's fate. God judges the soul. The heart of man. Things not seem be man.

May 7th 2012, 06:49 PM
Being as there is so much symbolism in this book it is difficult for myself to think this is literal.

Here is a way to look at it from the symbolic perspective...

The mark on the forhead. Well the head is where our brain is, right? Head meaning knowledge?
The mark on the hand? Could this mean extending fellowship to the beast?

To me the "mark" is a mindset. Not an actual symbol. Not a tattoo, a coin, microchip and so on. If someone cears the mark their mind is set on the beast, and so are their actions...

Does this make sense to anyone?

Read post #7 above

MyCoolUsername
May 7th 2012, 06:52 PM
Read post #7 above

hahahaha! Can I say that I am half awake right now and did NOT see that post?

Sorry! :D

May 7th 2012, 06:55 PM
hahahaha! Can I say that I am half awake right now and did NOT see that post?

Sorry! :D

Not a problem, just wanted you to know that you are not alone in this thinking.

MyCoolUsername
May 7th 2012, 06:57 PM
Not a problem, just wanted you to know that you are not alone in this thinking.

I am glad to see someone like you on here! Seems like you put humor in your statements too, as well as I.

quiet dove
May 8th 2012, 01:26 AM
Daniel was thrown in to the lion's den because he would not relinquish his religon. He had no mark. It was his heart and mind that caused him to be punished.

Also, since God does not judge someone according to their appearance, I find it hard to believe that something PHYSICAL will determine someone's fate. God judges the soul. The heart of man. Things not seem be man.

It is the mark, showing the allegiance and worship of the Beast, thus the heart. It is not getting a physical mark that is the problem, it is the reason coming from the heart that is that results in getting the mark that is the problem.

May 8th 2012, 11:05 AM
I do not think the mark or the Beast is going to be recognized as a "spiritual" thing. It is strongly associated with commerce and it appears that most will simply see it as a way of doing business. It will be recognizable and not something one can accidently take, but most will not even associate it with Rev 13 because most do not even read the scriptures.

quiet dove
May 8th 2012, 03:03 PM
I do not think the mark or the Beast is going to be recognized as a "spiritual" thing. It is strongly associated with commerce and it appears that most will simply see it as a way of doing business. It will be recognizable and not something one can accidently take, but most will not even associate it with Rev 13 because most do not even read the scriptures.

The reason I disagree, is having an ability, with a mark, is no different than having the ability with a card when it comes to purchasing food, or whatever else...it is the decision to reject the Gospel of Salvation, the true God.....and to willfully accept the false and worship the false. So I agree, it is associated with commerce, but only because worship of the false is required in order to participate in commerce.

Taking his mark and worshiping his image go hand in hand. He is the image of the false, and the rejection then of the Truth...

Rev 14:9 Then a third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, "If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives his mark on his forehead or on his hand, 10 he himself shall also drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out full strength into the cup of His indignation. He shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb. 11 And the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever; and they have no rest day or night, who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name."

Rev 16:2 So the first went and poured out his bowl upon the earth, and a foul and loathsome sore came upon the men who had the mark of the beast and those who worshiped his image.
-------------------------------

Just as Jesus is the image of the Truth, and is the Truth

2Co 4:4 whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine on them.

Col 1:15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.

Joh 14:9 Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, 'Show us the Father'?
--------------------------------

While it is also true that men were created in God's image, and that those in Christ will bear His image as they have born Adam's. We must remember that the word "image" must be taken in context. And within the context we know that Jesus was not created in the image of God, but is the very image of God...God the Son....is the Truth, and being God we worship Jesus.

This is then what Satan desires to imitate...himself claiming to be God and presenting his image to men for worship...along with his "mark" which will only be "commerce" because he will be declaring himself the provider of all things to men, as their god. But it will be a choice that men must make...not simply a matter of a different kind of "card" to purchase stuff.

KennethSam
Aug 1st 2013, 02:06 PM
There is alot of stuff out there today that is misleading. Alot of doom and gloom, planet alignments etc. The bible is where you should be seeking proof!

Matthew 24:24-27
24 For false Christs and false prophets will arise and show great signs and wonders, so as to lead astray, if possible, even the elect. 25 Lo, I have told you beforehand. 26 So, if they say to you, 'Lo, he is in the wilderness,' do not go out; if they say, 'Lo, he is in the inner rooms,' do not believe it. 27 For as the lightning comes from the east and shines as far as the west, so will be the coming of the Son of man.

see this -->

jhdobbins
Aug 1st 2013, 05:18 PM
Try this if you are looking for information on Revelation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ga_evlOA72k&list=PLDB0D826EEAA730E9

David Jeremiah's study on Revelation. It is a 43 part series. I thoroughly enjoy him and enjoy this series. I am on part 19.

theeldersofgod
Aug 1st 2013, 05:47 PM
Do note the person that did that video(Michael Dimond) says all people that are not of the true Catholic faith are going to hell or will face many years in purgatory.To get to heaven you must give yourself over to the truth Catholic faith...everything else is of Satan.

T W Taylor
Aug 3rd 2013, 05:11 PM

Hey John 8:32,

I agree with most of what you say, and also donít think people will recognize the mark of the beast, people havenít recognized it yet. Satan deceives people to follow him, by making them think they are doing what God wants. When they know what it is, they won't be deceived.

Rev 19:20 Then the beast was captured, and with him the false prophet who worked signs in his presence, by which he deceived those who received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped his image. These two were cast alive into the lake of fire burning with brimstone.

bunnymuldare
Aug 8th 2013, 05:18 PM
Rev. 13:16
"And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: and that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name."

Notice the verb tense. The beast causes. This has already being done for centuries in Saudi Arabia and other Islamic nations. If you decide to live there regardless of the persecution, you will be made a second class citizen as they will tax you "into submission". This is called jizya. The amount changes at the whim of the local judicial body.

About changing the times and the laws:
I think we all understand that Shariah law is on the come. But did you know that to this day Islam has been seeking to change the O year from Jesus birth to Mohammid's birth? They are on an entirely different calendar.

Just because an organization has "a practice" of making second class citizens out of anyone within their reach and not of their faith, that doesn't mean they will suceed in doing it to everyone. Rev. 14 is a testimony to that fact.
"And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount of Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads." Rev. 14:1

- - - Updated - - -

Rev. 13:16
"And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: and that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name."

Notice the verb tense. The beast causes. This has already being done for centuries in Saudi Arabia and other Islamic nations. If you decide to live there regardless of the persecution, you will be made a second class citizen as they will tax you "into submission". This is called jizya. The amount changes at the whim of the local judicial body.

About changing the times and the laws:
I think we all understand that Shariah law is on the come. But did you know that to this day Islam has been seeking to change the O year from Jesus birth to Mohammid's birth? They are on an entirely different calendar.

Just because an organization has "a practice" of making second class citizens out of anyone within their reach and not of their faith, that doesn't mean they will suceed in doing it to everyone. Rev. 14 is a testimony to that fact.
"And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount of Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads." Rev. 14:1