PDA

View Full Version : Why a man and a woman?

arunangelo
May 19th 2012, 07:17 PM
Marriage is a covenant of love between two human beings (a man and a woman) in which they unite their lives to form one life (Matthew 19:5-6). Since life is physiological the only way they can unite their lives is by uniting their physiologies. Among all the physiologies we have, the only physiology in which two human beings can unite is in reproductive physiology. Since reproduction is only possible between a man and a woman union of reproductive physiologies is only possible between a man and a woman. Therefore, marriage is only possible between a man and a woman.

BrianW
May 20th 2012, 12:09 AM
Yep. God set things up that way and sees anything besides a male female relationship as unnatural and a sin.

I'm moving this thread to Bible Chat as it seems a better place for it.

ewq1938
May 20th 2012, 05:53 AM
Marriage is a covenant of love between two human beings (a man and a woman) in which they unite their lives to form one life (Matthew 19:5-6). Since life is physiological the only way they can unite their lives is by uniting their physiologies.

Gen 2:24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

A man and woman can be one flesh without child birth.

Marriage is not dependent on having children because many couples cannot have children despite being male and female.

I agree with your belief that marriage should be between man and woman but I am only pointing out weaknesses in your argument and logic.

Mark F
May 20th 2012, 12:22 PM
Marriage also demonstrates redemption, the relationship between Jesus and the Church. I would say that is its primary purpose, without the spiritual union, the physiological results are for naught.

Ephesians 5:30-32
30 For we are members of His body, of His flesh and of His bones. 31 “For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.” 32 This is a great mystery, but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

vanguard
May 25th 2012, 05:30 PM
If the parts don,t fit....................you need to quit..that is what I tell them.

John 8:32
May 25th 2012, 06:27 PM
Reproduction is only possible between a man and a woman...

Eph 5:32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

Read the entire 5th chapter of Ephesians, but for the sake of this subject, I have only posted verse 32. Now we are to become the bride of Christ. What is Christ going to do with His bride? He is going to reproduce. God is adding to His family. We are the children of God and Christ is our older brother.

Homosexuality or any perversion of marital sex (fornication, adultery and other more sordid activities) are a perversion of God's great purpose and are wrong.