PDA

View Full Version : Gospel of John- Chapter one

glad4mercy
May 20th 2012, 01:48 AM
John 1:1-3 The Word

John 1: 1- In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God,and the Word was God.

The English translation of both the book of Genesis and theGospel of John begin with the same three words, “ In the beginning…” The beginning is referring to the thebeginning of time when God began to create all things,The earth, the sky, the sea,the heavens, and all that is in them.

“ in the beginning was the Word- meaningthat the Word was already in existence when everything was created. The Word did not come into being in thebeginning, but already existed. The Wordexisted before time, and He is therefore eternal.

“Word” in Greek is Logos. Just as words are an expression of a person’s thoughts and mind, so theLogos or Word spoken of in John 1 is the visible expression or self revelationof the invisible God. God desires for us to know Him intimately, but we cannot come to understand Him unless He first reveals Himself to us and redeems us. We come to know, understand, and have a relationship with God through the Logos, who is Jesus.

The fact that Jesus is the Word means several things. WhenGod spoke creation into existence, Jesus was that Creative Word. When God revealed Himself and spoke to menlike Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and Moses, it was the Logos who was appearing and speaking. God desires for us to know Him, and we come to know Him through the Word. Later, we will find that the “Word” is referring to Jesus.

The Word was with God. Fromall eternity Jesus co-existed face to face with the Father in intimacy andnearness. He existed “face to face”withthe Father from all eternity, both Father and Word enjoying a fellowship of sweet communion and continually rejoicing in one another’s presence.

…and the Word was God-Even though the Word, ( Jesus), is a distinct person from the Father, He isGod in every way. In nature He is Godand He possesses every Divine perfection. The Word is eternal, Holy, all-wise, Almighty, Allknowing, unchanging, and perfect. He isthe second person of the Trinity, ( Father, Son, and Holy Spirit)

John 1:2- “… the samewas in the beginning with God…”

John 1:3- “All thingswere made by Him…” Everything wascreated by and through Jesus. Jesus notonly created the materiel universe, but also the invisible things, like the Lawsof Nature, mathematics, time and space, and angels. He is the maker and framer of allthings. ( See Colossians 1:16-17)

Read and Meditate on Psalm 8.

glad4mercy
May 26th 2012, 05:00 PM
John 1:4- In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

II. Jesus is the Life.

The LOGOS ( who is Jesus) is the source of all life, both physical and spiritual. Everything that lives was created and animated by Him. Yet this verse is not speaking of life in a physical sense, but in a spiritual sense, ( the Life is the light of men).

1. What is the Life?- To know God and the one that He sent.

John 17:3- And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Genuine Christianity is not a mere acceptance of doctrines, creeds, or a set of beliefs ( although we do have teachings and beliefs that we hold to be true and dear). Christianity is primarily a intimate knowledge and a personal relationship with the God who reveals Himself to us through Jesus Christ.

2. How long does the life last? For all eternity.

John 3:15- That whosoever believeth in him should not perish , but have eternal life.

John 10:10- And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish , neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

3. What does the life produce? ( Life always produces something)

a. Light- John 8:12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

b. More abundant life-
John 10:10- The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

John 7:38- He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water."

In other words, the life is not stagnant but is ever flowing and ever increasing

c. Love- 1 John 3:14- We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love the brethren. He who does not love his brother abides in death.

4. How do we receive this life.
a. By believing on Jesus- ( John 3:16; 20:31)
b. By coming to Jesus- ( John 5;40)
c. By Hearing the Word of Jesus.

John 5:24- "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into

5. Share the Life- Acts 5:20- "Go, stand in the temple and speak to the people all the words of this life."

II. Jesus is the Light.

Jesus is the Light of the world (John 8:12), He is the Light that enlightens every man that comes into the world. ( John 1:9), though many hate the Light and refuse to come to the Light ( John 3:19) that they might be saved (John 5:40). Men hate the Light, because their deeds are evil. ( John 3:19)

to be continued...

glad4mercy
May 27th 2012, 03:07 AM
John 1:4-5. Jesus is the Light.

John 1:4-5- 4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. 5 And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.

There are two kingdoms that exist in the spiritual realm, the Kingdom of Light and the Kinddom of darkness. To understand what light represents we must begin here. The Kingdom of Light is the Kingdom of God with all things under God. It is a kingdom composed of the Triune God as King, the holy angels who did not fall in Lucifer's rebellion, the spirits of men and women in heaven who finished the race of faith, and the Church both in earth and in heaven. The Kingdom of Light is filled with the Glory of God, who is the True Light. Light represents the Holiness, perfection, perfect wisdom, Goodness, and the Love of God. God is Light, and in Him is no darkness at all. ( 1 John 1:5)

Jesus, the LOGOS of God came to be the Light of the World. ( John 8:12) He came to shine upon men who sit in the region and shadow of death. He came to reveal God. He came to be the Light of the world so that men might no longer walk in the darkness of separation of God. He came to set us free from the darkness and to carry us into His Marvelous Light. He came to open our eyes, so that we might see and behold and know the WONDERFUL GOD. He came to turn hate into love. He came so that we might become children of Light. He came to To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified. (Isaiah 61:3)

Luke 4:18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted , to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised ,19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

Other verses on "Jesus as the Light"

John 1: 9-That was the true Light which gives light to every man coming into the world.

John 8:12-Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying "I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life."

John 9:5- As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world."

John 11:9- Jesus answered, "Are there not twelve hours in the day? If anyone walks in the day, he does not stumble, because he sees the light of this world.

John 12:46- I have come as a light into the world, that whoever believes in Me should not abide in darkness.

1 John 2:8- Again, a new commandment I write to you, which thing is true in Him and in you, because the darkness is passing away, and the true light is already shining.

Traveler
May 27th 2012, 07:13 AM
G4487
ῥῆμα
rhēma
hray'-mah
From G4483; an utterance (individually, collectively or specifically); by implication a matter or topic (especially of narration, command or dispute); with a negative naught whatever: - + evil, + nothing, saying, word.

G3056
λόγος
logos
log'-os
From G3004; something said (including the thought); by implication a topic (subject of discourse), also reasoning (the mental faculty) or motive; by extension a computation; specifically (with the article in John) the Divine Expression (that is, Christ): - account, cause, communication, X concerning, doctrine, fame, X have to do, intent, matter, mouth, preaching, question, reason, + reckon, remove, say (-ing), shew, X speaker, speech, talk, thing, + none of these things move me, tidings, treatise, utterance, word, work.

There you have the dictionary definitions of Rhema and logos. One is the spoken word and the other is the subject matter. Whole doctrines have been built up around these words but if you actually go look at all the places they are used in the New Testament it becomes obvious that there is nothing special about them at all.

And remember the second verse of John says

Joh 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.

Note that John understood that there are two personalities there, not one only !

glad4mercy
May 27th 2012, 02:25 PM
G4487
ῥῆμα
rhēma
hray'-mah
From G4483; an utterance (individually, collectively or specifically); by implication a matter or topic (especially of narration, command or dispute); with a negative naught whatever: - + evil, + nothing, saying, word.

G3056
λόγος
logos
log'-os
From G3004; something said (including the thought); by implication a topic (subject of discourse), also reasoning (the mental faculty) or motive; by extension a computation; specifically (with the article in John) the Divine Expression (that is, Christ): - account, cause, communication, X concerning, doctrine, fame, X have to do, intent, matter, mouth, preaching, question, reason, + reckon, remove, say (-ing), shew, X speaker, speech, talk, thing, + none of these things move me, tidings, treatise, utterance, word, work.

There you have the dictionary definitions of Rhema and logos. One is the spoken word and the other is the subject matter. Whole doctrines have been built up around these words but if you actually go look at all the places they are used in the New Testament it becomes obvious that there is nothing special about them at all.

And remember the second verse of John says

Joh 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.

Note that John understood that there are two personalities there, not one only !

Traveller, thank you for your imput!

So do you believe that Jesus is the expression or self revelation, that is the visible manifestation of the invisible God?

Agreed. This is what I wrote regarding that truth...

The Word was with God. Fromall eternity Jesus co-existed face to face with the Father in intimacy and nearness. He existed “face to face”with the Father from all eternity, both Father and Word enjoying a fellowship of sweet communion and continually rejoicing in one another’s presence.

…and the Word was God-Even though the Word, ( Jesus), is a distinct person from the Father, He is God in every way. In nature He is God and He possesses every Divine perfection. The Word is eternal, Holy, all-wise, Almighty, All knowing, unchanging, and perfect. He is the second person of the Trinity, ( Father, Son, and Holy Spirit)

This is the Biblical teaching of the eternal, preexistent LOGOS.

Thank you for reading and responding to the posts. Blessings

glad4mercy
May 31st 2012, 01:38 PM
John 1:5 And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.

This passage tells us that the light is shining, ( present tense) in the darkness. The Light of Jesus shone when He lived among us, and the He continues to shine even today. In this day,Jesus shines through His people. As the world grows darker and darker, there is a greater need for us to shine for Jesus. Let your light so shine before men, so that the Father may be glorified.

The second part of the verse says that the darkness did not comprehend the Light. This word "comprehend" or katalambano in greek, is used in various ways in the New Testament.

a. To take possession of, to overtake in a bad sense- ( Mark 9:18 )
b. To seize, catch, lay hold of. ( John 8:3-4)
c. To obtain for oneself, to attain, to lay hold of. ( Philippians 3:12-13)
d. To understand, comprehend. ( Ephesians 3:18)

The darkness was not able to defeat or lay hold of Jesus. Satan tempted Jesus in an attempt to keep Him from going to the cross. He told Jesus that if He would worship Him, he could give him all of the great kingdoms of the world. Jesus responded by saying, " Get away from me satan, for it is written you shall worship the Lord your God and Him only shall you serve." Evil men tried to catch Him, to trick Him into saying something that would condemn Him, but He silenced them with His wisdom. Evil men tried on numerous occasions to kill Him, but failed because "His hour had not yet come". On the day that they crucified the Prince of Life, they really had no power over Him at all, for He could have prayed and the Father would have given Him twelve Legions of angels to fight for Him. No, they did not take Jesus' life, He laid it down freely. Even then, the darkness of death could not hold Him, for He rose again on the third day.

The Darkness also did not understand or perceive Him. He was in the world, and the world was made by Him, yet the world did not know Him. ( John 1:10) He came to His own, and His own did not receive Him, ( John 1:11) What a terrible tragic condition, that man is so blinded by the god of this world that they will not come to Jesus and be saved.. ( 2 Corinthians 4:4) It seems so hopeless... until we remember that the Light is still shining!!! The Light of the Gospel of Christ can break and dispel the darkness. ( 2 Corinthians 4:6).

Yes the Light shines even today. Let us be children of Light, and let us shine in this dark world so that the darkness can be broken in someones life, and the Light can shine in their hearts like it has in ours. Philippians 2:15- That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;

glad4mercy
Jun 10th 2012, 04:04 PM
John 1:6-9- John the Baptist

John the Baptist was sent by God to be a testimony of the Light and a forerunner of Jesus. John Baptist’s ministry was foretold by the prophets Isaiah and Malachi. ( Isaiah 40:3; Malachi 3:1; Malachi 4:5-6). What a blessing, to be called and sent by God to be a witness for Jesus. John was sent ahead of Christ to prepare His way before Him and to prepare the people for His appearing. We as well are sent by God. We are sent to preach the Gospel to every person.

John fulfilled his God given ministry in at least two ways.

1. John came to prepare the people’s hearts to receive Jesus.
Mark 1:4- John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins.

Matthew 3: 1 In those days cameJohn the Baptist, preaching in the wilderness of Judaea, 2 And saying,Repent ye:for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

John came preaching the need for repentance, that the Messiah had come, and that He was about to reveal Himself. People flocked to him to be baptized, confessing their sins. Because of John’s preaching, the Messianic expectation of the people was high. In this way, John was preparing the way for Messiah, exalting the valleys and bringing the mountains low, for the proud will be abased and the humble will be exalted.

2. John came to recognize and reveal the Messiah.
John did not know that Jesus was the Messiah until God revealed it to him at Jesus’ baptism. As soon as John knew who Jesus was, he began the stage of his ministry where he pointed to Christ and gave testimony that he was the Messiah Christ.

John 1:29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, "Behold! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world! 30 This is He of whom I said, 'After me comes a Man who is preferred before me, for He was before me.' 31 I did not know Him; but that He should be revealed to Israel, therefore I came baptizing with water." 32 And John bore witness, saying, "I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and He remained upon Him. 33 I did not know Him, but He who sent me to baptize with water said to me, 'Upon whom you see the Spirit descending, and remaining on Him, this is He who baptizes with the Holy Spirit.' 34 And I have seen and testified that this is the Son of God."

We, like John, are sent by God to call people to repentance towards God and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.

glad4mercy
Jul 7th 2012, 04:07 PM
John 1: 10 He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. 11 He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: 13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

1. The Word who was from all eternity with God and who was God became a man and entered into the world of men. He left the joys of heaven and came into this world of sorrow, hunger, thirst, pain, and death. He who heard the endless praises of angels crying “Holy, Holy, Holy” came to bring the truth to men who would curse Him, spit on Him, beat Him, and crucify Him. He who knew no sin came to be a sin offering for us. Yet the world did not recognize Him.

2. Jesus was in the world. He came and dwelt among us, so that we might known and see God. He who knows Jesus knows God and He who has seen Jesus has seen the Father Yet the world did not know Him. Some knew Him as a carpenter, some as a great teacher, some as a prophet, some even thought He was a deceiver or a madman. The world did not understand Him. But His sheep knew and understood.

3. He came to His own but His own did not receive Him. The ones who should have joyfully received Him and loved Him instead rejected and hated Him.

4. Yet some did receive Him. Some answered His call to repent, believe the Gospel, and follow Him. These were given the power to become the children of God. They received the adoption as children, they are being molded into the image of Christ, and they have received an inheritance. Behold what manner of love the Father has given unto us, that we should be called the Children of God, and we are. ( 1 John 3:1)

5. Let all who have come to, trusted in, and confessed Jesus as Lord rejoice. We have been born of God. It is He who has made us and not we ourselves. Let us come into His presence with thanksgiving and into His Courts with praise. For the Lord is good and His Righteousness endures forever. ( Psalm 100)

Eleventh Hour
Jul 11th 2012, 04:49 PM
Hi - Check out our study in John 1, just completed today. I hope this is of some use to you!
Sue

Brother Paul
Mar 22nd 2013, 04:08 PM
I believe John here used the word Logos as a direct inference of the Hebrew/Aramaic Memra (the Word of the Lord) already recognized as being a personification of YHVH (whenever He appeared or spoke audibly to men in the Old Testament). That this was a tradition and understanding already accepted by the Rabbis of old is born out in the Targums...see examples below

In the Targum Jonathan on Genesis 19:24 Jonathan writes, “and the Memra (Word) of YHVH caused to descend upon the people of Sodom and Gomorrah, brimstone and fire from the YHVH in heaven“.

On Exodus 24:1, The Targum Jonathan understands the Scripture to be saying, “the Word of YHVH said to Moses, come up to YHVH“, and just previously in 20:1, he said, “and the Word of the LORD spoke all these glorious words“!

Targum Onkelos renders Genesis 15:6 as, “and Abraham trusted in the Word of YHVH, and He counted it to him for righteousness“, while the Jerusalem Targum on Genesis 22:14 says, “and Abraham worshipped and prayed in the name of the Word of YHVH and said, You are the YHVH who does see, but You cannot be seen“. In Genesis 16:3 he has Hagar praying “in the name of the Word of YHVH“, as if God had made Himself seeable, and yet she was not consumed!

Targum Onkelos on Genesis 28 reveals to us that the Memra (the Word) was Jacob’s God. The one with whom He wrestled (in the form of a man) about whom He said "I have seen God face to face”. In Psalm 62:9 He is David’s God as well. Targum Jonathan reveals to us that, “the Memra of YHVH created man in His likeness, in the likeness of YHVH, YHVH created...”.

In the Jerusalem Targum the Word is the “I Am“ of Exodus 3:14! Therefore all the “I Am with you” passages are referring to the Word or Memra, i.e, Immanu-El. According to the Targumim, Hosea 1:7 says that God will save the House of Judah by the Word of YHVH and Isaiah 45:17 and 25 also tells us that the true Israel shall be saved by the Word of YHVH. It says, “with an everlasting salvation” (yeshuah), and that “by the Word of YHVH...shall all the offspring of Israel be justified“.

So IMO John is declaring to the unbelieving Rabbis that our Y'shua (Jesus) is then the ultimate Mish’kan or Tabernacle (when he says "He dwelt among us" the word used for "dwelt" is skeenoo and means to pitch tent). He is the ultimate and eternally clarified communication of God to man. The LORD Himself was incarnate in a tabernacle not made with hands in and as the son of David, King of all the Earth who was to first come forth as a man and be rejected and killed who will return at the appropriate time to judge the quick and the dead, and not borrowing from Greek philosophy at all.

A great book on this is Dr. Ron Moseley’s book, Yeshua: a guide to the real Jesus and the original Church (Messianic Jewish Publishers, 1996) or one can simply google “The Memra” and take a look for this case.

In His love

Brother Paul

TheDivineWatermark
Mar 22nd 2013, 04:57 PM
So IMO John is declaring to the unbelieving Rabbis that our Y'shua (Jesus) is then the ultimate Mish’kan or Tabernacle (when he says "He dwelt among us" the word used for "dwelt" is skeenoo and means to pitch tent). He is the ultimate and eternally clarified communication of God to man. The LORD Himself was incarnate in a tabernacle not made with hands in and as the son of David, King of all the Earth who was to first come forth as a man and be rejected and killed who will return at the appropriate time to judge the quick and the dead, and not borrowing from Greek philosophy at all.

That He was likely born on the feast of Tabernacles is an intriguing thought, as well. (John 1:14a)

Curtis
May 8th 2013, 03:12 AM
Hello, My name is Curtis, I don't disagree with what you have stated here. Please allow me to share my heart concerning these same scriptures. I know it is a little long, but I believe it is worth reading. I am not a pastor or leader in any Church, I am just a sinner saved by God merciful grace. I have always had lots of questions concerning The Lord Kingdom. I ask them and the Lord answers me, and that is what I believe and write about.

(John 1:1), In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God
(John 1:2), The same was in the beginning with God.
(John 1:3), All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
(John 1:4), In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

Verse one: “In the beginning was the Word...”, The Greek definition for, “Word”, is, “logos”, which means, to speak intelligently. It comes from the Greek word, “Lego”, which means to break silence. It also means, “reason”, “purpose” and ,”motive”. Everything we do as a human being first has to have a purpose, motive, or reason. We just don't do things without any reason, there has to be a purpose to everything we do no matter how small it is. God is no different; He has a purpose, a reason, and a motive before he does anything. His purpose before creation is revealed to us in His Word, “In the beginning was the Word...”. God's purpose was his Word, His motive, reason, and purpose. Jesus Christ is His reason for creation, and He is the Word of God Before there was a universe, before there was an earth, or stars or anything, there was Jesus Christ, the Word of God. Scripture tells us a little about this time of beginning in the book of proverbs.

(Proverbs 8:22), The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old.
(Proverbs 8:23), I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was
(Proverbs 8:24), When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water.
(Proverbs 8:25), Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth:
(Proverbs 8:26), While as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the highest part of the dust of the world.
(Proverbs 8:27), When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass upon the face of the depth:
(Proverbs 8:28), When he established the clouds above: when he strengthened the fountains of the deep:
(Proverbs 8:29), When he gave to the sea his decree, that the waters should not pass his commandment: when he appointed the foundations of the earth:
(Proverbs 8:30), Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him;

God our Father brought forth His Son (the Word) in the beginning, and through him created all things. (John 1:3), All things were made by him; and without him was not anything made that was made. Physical man on earth does not have the ability to create anything new; he only has the ability to explore, and discover what has already been created from the beginning by Jesus Christ. In the garden, where Adam and Eve lived, everything needed to design and build a rocket ship that could carry man to the moon and back was already there; they just had not been discovered yet. All the laws of mathematics, and science were already created in the beginning, and today, man is still discovering new things about our universe that have always been there. As a born again believer, we have the same opportunities to explore and discover what God has already created and prepared for us in the spirit from the beginning! To be able to reach the end of what God has for you, you have to go back to the beginning where he finished his work. Do you remember the day you gave your heart to the Lord? What year was it, how long ago was it? We all can recall that day, and how glorious it was. Lets read and see what the Word of God says about it. I want you to listen to your heart and not your head on this one, because your head will fight you on it. We want to pull down castles, and fortresses that have been built up in our minds, that would cause us to miss what God has for us today.

(2Timothy 1:7), For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
(2Timothy 1:8), Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God;
(2Timothy 1:9), Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,
(2Timothy 1:10), But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour, Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

Notice, when were we saved, and called according to verse nine? At what time in history was it given to us, to be saved, called, and given life, and grace in Christ Jesus? It was not in time or history as this world calls it, but eternity “...Before the world began...”. God called us, saved us and gave us grace before the world began! There was no earth, universe, stars or anything.
Notice in verse nine, it was, “...according to His own purpose and grace...”, In the beginning was the Word and the Word was God's purpose, reason, and motivation. When God the Father brought forth His son, he also brought forth the means of salvation to us by placing us in him who was in the beginning. He is the head and we are his body!
Also notice verse ten, the legal means in which God saves us from death is by Jesus Christ our Saviour! How did Jesus abolish (destroy) death? By, “bringing life and immortality to light through the gospel” . He did not give life through the gospel, but brought life to light through the gospel. Life was given unto us in the beginning before time ever existed, but to experience this life we have to know what God gave us in the beginning! Thats what it means to, “bringing life and immortality to light through the gospel” . Remember, verse 9 says that “Salvation, and grace was given to us before the world began”, and then in verse 10 “..Jesus Christ, who hath abolished (destroyed) death, and brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:” In other words, life was given to us in the beginning, but it was Jesus Christ who brought that life to us that God had given us in the beginning!! Death is destroyed by knowing and understanding what our heavenly father did for us from the beginning. Those who do not know this are in darkness, and death. Knowing is everything!
Adam and Eve lost there source of information, which was God, when they sinned. They were now dependent on their own physical senses to find out what God did in the beginning. That is not possible since God caused it to be a mystery, and he was not talking about it to anybody, he kept it a secret! Adam and Eve never ate from the tree of life, for if they had, this information would have been given to them.

1Co 2:6-8
(6) But, we speak wisdom among those who are perfect; yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the rulers of this world, that come to nothing.
(7) But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, which God has hidden, predetermining it before the world for our glory;
(8) which none of the rulers of this world knew (for if they had known, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory).

1Corinthians 2:7-9
(7) But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:
(8) Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
(9) But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

The Apostle Paul wrote this under the direction of the Holy Spirit, he quoted from the Prophet
Isaiah, but he did not reveal the whole verse. Lets read it now Isaiah 64:4

Isaiah 64:4
(4) For since the beginning of the world men have not heard, nor perceived by the ear, neither hath the eye seen, O God, beside thee, what he hath prepared for him that waiteth for him.

There was no way Adam, and Eve, or even us their descendants could ever possibly know what God
had done for us, because we are now totally dependent on our 5 physical senses to find this out. The
scripture tells us, “from the beginning of the world, no eye can see, or ear hear, or enter into the heart
of man what God had prepared for us!!! God finally reconnected with His man through Jesus Christ
his Word, and now has revealed to us what we did not know before. God is right now opening His
mouth and telling us everything that he kept secret from the beginning, and revealing to us now so we
can have life, which was his original purpose in the beginning. Death is not knowing what our
Heavenly Father has prepared for us from the beginning. Death is destroyed by finding this out!!!
This is all being brought to you through Jesus Christ, the Word of God!

There has been a huge mystery that God keep secret, He hid it before the creation of the world,
predetermining it for our glory! That mystery was we, his Church were placed in Christ, and had given
us life in the beginning before the world ever began.
(8) which none of the rulers of this world knew (for if they had known, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory).
If Satan had known what God did, in placing us in Christ, and giving us life back then, He would
never, never, have crucified the Lord of Glory!!!! What a fantastic plan that was, you talk about wisdom, it does not get any better than that. I asked you when and where you were saved. What year was it? It was not in time, but in eternity when we were saved. But it did not benefit us and it did not become a reality until we heard the Gospel and believed it. You see brothers and sisters, we are truly explorers and we as Christians are still discovering what God has already created for us, everything has been finished and completed from the foundation of the world, That is why the Word tells us God is resting: He is at rest. He has done everything he is going to do. Jesus said this about himself in the book of Revelations.
(Revelations 1:8), I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.
Notice Jesus is the beginning, and ending at the same time! Visualize this, there is the beginning, and then you have an ending. In between the two you have time itself. Before the beginning you have eternity, and after the end you have eternity. There will come a time in which time will be no more.

Gen 1:14
(14) And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:

The sun, moon, and stars where placed in the sky by God for determining time. In the book of
Revelations it talks about a time where there will be no more sun or moon. Time will be no more,
only eternity. (Revelation 21:23) Jesus will replace the sun to son of God, thats lights God's eternal
Kingdom. When time is no more the beginning, and the end will be the same, nothing will separate
it any longer! Thats why for you to get to the end, you must know, understand, and believe the
beginning in which God finished all his works, and things for you His Church. To get to the beginning
you have to get to the end. You can not get to the end unless you know the beginning. You reach the
end when you fully understand the beginning. Eventually the beginning and the end will be the same!

In the beginning was Christ and his Church, this is what God wanted, this was his purpose, and reason for creation. The Lord knew from the beginning, before he created man or any physical universe, that man would fall. In His foreknowledge and wisdom he saw what was going to happen, so he anticipated and prepared to save man even before he created Adam! He placed us in Christ, which would be the only way of saving us legally. We had to be in Christ to be legally saved.

John 1:1-3
(1) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
(2) The same was in the beginning with God.
(3) All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
(4), In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

We have all read this verse before, but did we really know what it meant? Notice it says, “in him was life...”, There was life in him (the Word) in the beginning. I wonder what life it was. Well, the same verse tells us exactly what it was. “....and the life was the light of men...” The light of men, was the life that was in him in the beginning! It did not say the light of God, but the light of men. Men were living in him in the beginning! Do you remember what the scripture tells us about light?

Eph 5:13 But all things become visible when they are exposed by the light, for everything that becomes visible is light.

When God shines his light upon someone, they become visible, and the person who becomes visible also becomes a light. They are not that light but only reflect that light. Jesus told his Apostles that he was the light of the world, and then tells his disciples, now you are the light of the world. (Mathew 5:14) The life that was in him in the beginning was the light of men, his church: Christ and his church.

He is the beginning, and also he is the end. In the end when everything is said and done on this physical earth, after the rapture of the Church, the tribulation, millennium, and judgment, the only thing left will be Christ and his Church. The beginning and the end have the same outcome. In the spirit everything is completed and finished, but in this world, everything is being pushed to an end, a conclusion in this time based world. Whether we sit around and wait for scripture to be fulfilled or we discover what has already been finished, the results are the same. We are told not to walk according to the course of this world, but live in the spirit and discover what has already been prepared for us. You can not experience, enjoy, or benefit from anything in God's Word until you first know it, understand it, and believe it! Knowing is EVERYTHING!!! We did not experience salvation until we heard the Gospel to what God had already done for us in Christ Jesus (past tense). Knowing, and believing in what God has ALREADY done for us, brings that reality into our lives. Jesus Christ, who hath abolished (destroyed) death, and brought life and immortality to light through the gospel. Jesus destroyed death by bringing the life and mortality to light that God had already given us in the beginning through the Gospel. What exactly did Jesus (the Word of God) bring unto us that gives us life? The Spirit of God!! Its the Spirit that gives life
John 6:63
(63) It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Praise Him Forever!!

Frances
May 8th 2013, 05:46 PM
Well done. Keep going.