PDA

View Full Version : What version(s) of the bible is used by your church/place of worship?

angelwingz
May 31st 2012, 11:05 PM
The church I attend uses NIV and ESV, I have never read ESV...

keck553
May 31st 2012, 11:25 PM
ESV is okay. You can try it out on Biblegateway.com

Our congregation uses NASB, ESV, KJV, NKJV, NIV, YOUNGS LITERAL. Sometimes Greek and Hebrew.

-SEEKING-
May 31st 2012, 11:52 PM
For the most part, our church uses the NIV. Though some pastors will quote from different translations from time to time.

Boo
Jun 1st 2012, 09:24 AM
Used to go to one that used KJV only. Now find myself in one that uses the NASB and the ESV. Much better.

John 8:32
Jun 1st 2012, 11:08 AM
NKJV in the church I attend.

Fenris
Jun 1st 2012, 11:09 AM
The Hebrew version.

Jun 1st 2012, 11:14 AM
The Hebrew version.

Why am I not surprised, my friend. I really wish that I were fluent in Hebrew and Greek, but alas, I have trouble with English.

Fenris
Jun 1st 2012, 11:17 AM
I really wish that I were fluent in Hebrew and Greek, but alas, I have trouble with English.

There's a Christian fellow I know at work who learned Hebrew and Greek, so that he could read both bibles in their original language. I'm in awe of the guy. It's difficult to pick up new languages as an adult.

Ta-An
Jun 1st 2012, 11:24 AM
It's difficult to pick up new languages as an adult.Not really, it just takes commitment :D

Jun 1st 2012, 11:26 AM
There's a Christian fellow I know at work who learned Hebrew and Greek, so that he could read both bibles in their original language. I'm in awe of the guy. It's difficult to pick up new languages as an adult.

To me that is amazing, to say the least. I find that as I get older, I do think more clearly, but pick up new information at a slower rate. I have to cogitate a little more to grasp things.

Watchman
Jun 1st 2012, 12:10 PM
NKJV in the church I attend.
We don't use a single version, but most of the pew bibles are NKJV. NASB and ESV see a lot of use, as well.

Watchman
Jun 1st 2012, 12:11 PM
Perhaps Rosetta Stone will come out with Greek and Hebrew for Dummies? :lol: I'll take the remedial versions!

nzyr
Jun 1st 2012, 09:39 PM
Most of the churches I've gone to use the Revised Standard Version.

http://quod.lib.umich.edu/r/rsv/browse.html