PDA

View Full Version : Comparing the USA with Davids judgement

svfox
Jun 10th 2012, 05:36 PM
This is what Nathan said to David when he had Uriah killed.

I gave your master's house to you, and your master's wives into your arms. I gave
you the house of Israel and Judah. And if all this had been too little, I would
have given you even more.

Now, therefore, the sword will never depart from your house, because you
despised me and took the wife of Uriah the Hittite to be your own.

It is curious we call companies entities and if so then so are countries.
I always wondered how could the United States start out so blessed and yet have so much calamity.
The United States goes on existing as the most powerful country yet we are torn apart from the inside.
And it is at the worst point ever now. You wonder how it can still be standiing.
The rich complain about taxes yet if you look at the percentage of money each group has the poor has less than ever
and the rich have more than ever. Yet I watch on tv the rich saying they are getting sick of the taxes.
So is the money finally just disappearing without us noticing and the downfall finally started.

What did we(United States) do to bring such a judgement on the scale of this size. Well the easy answer is slavery.
We killed hundreds of thousands of blacks for money. It split the country in two and it still hasn't recovered.
But it will never recover if we have fallen under the same situation as David did.

The solution is the one part I can't figure out. Davids judgement was for forever and ours it to probably.

Colight
Jun 10th 2012, 06:42 PM

I gave your master's house to you, and your master's wives into your arms. I gave

I always wondered how could the United States start out so blessed and yet have so much calamity.
The United States goes on existing as the most powerful country yet we are torn apart from the inside.
And it is at the worst point ever now. You wonder how it can still be standiing.
The rich complain about taxes yet if you look at the percentage of money each group has the poor has less than ever
and the rich have more than ever. Yet I watch on tv the rich saying they are getting sick of the taxes.
So is the money finally just disappearing without us noticing and the downfall finally started.

What did we(United States) do to bring such a judgement on the scale of this size. Well the easy answer is slavery.
We killed hundreds of thousands of blacks for money. It split the country in two and it still hasn't recovered.
But it will never recover if we have fallen under the same situation as David did.

The solution is the one part I can't figure out. Davids judgement was for forever and ours it to probably.

It is not slavery..Rome had slavery and they was one of the greatest Client nations to God the ever existed.
It is because the Christians today are corrupt.
They could not handle the blessing God has given them.

Remember there is no solution unless it is a spiritual one.. or as Goes the Christians so goes a nation.
The Christians of today are screaming 3 year old looking for this experience and that one.
There is few who seek maturity, instead they seek spirits
They do not like to study doctrine, instead they wish to waggle their tongues and call it praying with angels.

So it is now to for God to send warning and then the great flush will occur.
It will be dreadful and the screams of how could God let this happen will occur.

Those who are mature will pass thru the flush.. those who are not will taken.

Boo
Jun 11th 2012, 09:41 AM
Boy, that is a mouthful!

As Colight indicated, the problem we face is not because of the rich and the poor. It is not about taxes, nor is it about slavery. (We were much more cruel to the American Indians than we were to the slaves that were brought over.) If you want to compare records on slavery, we were less cruel that those who brought them over or those who still have slaves in the world and oppress societies.

I would hope that you stop laying our downfall at the feet of the rich or at the feet of history. Lay it where it belongs.

Lay it at the feet of those who want to take God out of our society. Lay it on those who claim to believe in God yet love the world and all its sinfulness. Lay it on the disobedient who think that they have a permanent ticket to heaven. Lay it on those who want to change the laws of our country that will permit much more legalized sin in the guise of freedom - ignoring that they are actually putting us farther into bondage of sin.

Regardless of where our country goes, make sure that you yourself are not of the world, that you are obedient and grow in maturity and be responsible for serving God as He leads you. The rest has already been told to us in prophesy. Don't be so worried - God takes care of those who love him and serve His purpose. Go and make disciples. The time to do so may be short.

John 8:32
Jun 11th 2012, 10:49 AM

The real answer is found in Lev 26 and Deut 28. Our disobedience is bringing the removal of God's blessings and the imposition of His curses on us.