amazzin
Aug 9th 2012, 04:09 AM
21 Million hits.... Makes a great point

Thoughts?

P.S. Skip the ad at the beginning of the video

1IAhDGYlpqY

Kingsdaughter
Aug 9th 2012, 04:34 AM
Genius! Exactly what I would say to all the church folks who sing "Amazing Grace" with a scowl on their face.

Aug 9th 2012, 07:05 AM
this just sent shivers down my spine. awesome.. thanks I needed that

-SEEKING-
Aug 9th 2012, 10:59 AM
Couldn't have said it any more clear and to the point.

Sojourner
Aug 9th 2012, 05:58 PM
Right on the money.

Jemand
Aug 9th 2012, 06:08 PM

Thoughts?

1IAhDGYlpqY

The man in the video needs to read the Bible, learn the basics of the Christian religion, and quit preaching illiterate nonsense that expressly contradicts the word of God.

27. Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world. (KJV)

James 2:27. Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world. (NASB, 1995)

Aug 9th 2012, 06:19 PM
i agree with the scripture but I fail to see where the person in the video contradicted this

Slug1
Aug 9th 2012, 07:46 PM
Hooah, strong statement(s) concerning about NOT hiding failure and sin (2:00 mark).

(I'll be posting this on Face Book :P)

Silvermist
Aug 9th 2012, 07:47 PM
The video is right on! Thank you.

Vhayes
Aug 9th 2012, 07:52 PM
I've watched this three times now and am duly impressed with each viewing.

It's ALL about Jesus.

Thanks, Amazzin'. Pleasant interlude.

PJW
Aug 10th 2012, 02:58 AM
It's too bad that he never once mentioned turning from his old sins, (repentance), and living in OBEDIENCE to God.
"Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their afflictions, and to keep himself unspotted from the world." (James 1:27) Is that what this guy hates?
There is a real church on earth, and it is His body. "For we are members of His body, of His flesh, and of His bones." (Eph 5:30) There is no sin in His body.

Slug1
Aug 10th 2012, 03:14 AM
It's too bad that he never once mentioned turning from his old sins, (repentance), and living in OBEDIENCE to God.This is touched on as I mentioned at the 2 minute mark. As Christians we need to expose any sin in our lives and as Christians we should NOT fear being judged by our brothers and sisters when we DO fail. In your case, you'll tell any who do confess that they are not a Christian anymore... so this is beyond judging those who would confess of a sin in their life.

Confession is a STEP toward repentance because you CAN'T repent of something that you haven't confessed to AS A SIN. Why would you make a confessor stop trying to repent by immediately telling them because of sin they just confessed to, they aren't a Christian???

For years after coming to Christ, I took those cardboard cup place mats that restaurants use. Those ones that are logos for restaurants, beer logos (German breweries), etc. I was stealing them basically. Had a collection of them from all over the world. When I heard the conviction of this sin (stealing) as the Holy Spirit spoke to me, I confessed this sin and repented. Imagine if I happened to do this publicly in church with you present, your words would be to tell me that all this time I was sinning, I wasn't a real Christian and not a part of the Body!!

Do you really feel that such words would help me?

PJW
Aug 10th 2012, 03:40 AM
[QUOTE=Slug1;2879902]This is touched on as I mentioned at the 2 minute mark. As Christians we need to expose any sin in our lives and as Christians we should NOT fear being judged by our brothers and sisters when we DO fail. In your case, you'll tell any who do confess that they are not a Christian anymore... so this is beyond judging those who would confess of a sin in their life.

Confession is a STEP toward repentance because you CAN'T repent of something that you haven't confessed to AS A SIN. Why would you make a confessor stop trying to repent by immediately telling them because of sin they just confessed to, they aren't a Christian???

You are putting words in my mouth.
If a sinner repents, they have accomplished the first thing Peter told the Jews to do in Acts 2:38. Baptism for the remission of their old sins is next. The promise of the Holy Ghost is God's response to obedience to the first two commands.
If a person says they are Chrisian, and then sins, they have manifested that they did not repent of sin at any earlier time. If they have not "turned from sin", they are not of God.
Anyone who truely repents of sin, will not sin again.

-SEEKING-
Aug 10th 2012, 03:46 AM
http://www.straferight.com/photopost/data/500/medium/double-facepalm.jpg

Slug1
Aug 10th 2012, 03:46 AM
Anyone who truely repents of sin, will not sin again.OK... but you always say there is NO sin in the life of a Christian and if there is, then they are not a Christian. Many Christians struggle... they struggle BECAUSE they are Christian and the spirit in them NOW battles with the flesh. When flesh wins for moment or even for a period of time... you say they aren't a Christian.

That don't make sense...

PJW
Aug 10th 2012, 03:58 AM
OK... but you always say there is NO sin in the life of a Christian and if there is, then they are not a Christian. Many Christians struggle... they struggle BECAUSE they are Christian and the spirit in them NOW battles with the flesh. When flesh wins for moment or even for a period of time... you say they aren't a Christian.

That don't make sense...

You credit them with being Christian, I don't. Until they REALLY repent, turn from sin, they are just sinners pretending they obey-love God. The sin is the proof of who THEIR God is .

Slug1
Aug 10th 2012, 04:02 AM
You credit them with being Christian, I don't. Until they REALLY repent, turn from sin, they are just sinners pretending they obey-love God. The sin is the proof of who THEIR God is .I know you don't... so DON'T tell me I'm putting words in your mouth. You say it, not me.

Was satan the god of the Corinthians then? Paul doesn't think so... you however call them non-Christians in our previous talks. Paul however, DID call them Christians.

Now... why would Paul call them in Christ when what you interpret with only a couple scriptures... allows you to call them non-Christians and that they were never in Christ?

Vhayes
Aug 10th 2012, 04:05 AM
PJW, I have a couple of questions that will maybe help me understand where you are coming from.

* How long have you been a Christian?

* Do you have children?

amazzin
Aug 10th 2012, 04:05 AM
Why do you have one theme in your posts and only one theme. It's becoming very boring and frankly you are losing all credibility in your posts where no one will want to interact with you because of the sin of pride in your life. Look in th mirror before you point a finger in judgment.

You credit them with being Christian, I don't. Until they REALLY repent, turn from sin, they are just sinners pretending they obey-love God. The sin is the proof of who THEIR God is .

amazzin
Aug 10th 2012, 04:07 AM
I can answer that. According to his own words, he cannot be a Christian because he has sin in his life. The sin of Pride

PJW, I have a couple of questions that will maybe help me understand where you are coming from.

* Do you have children?

PJW
Aug 10th 2012, 04:13 AM
I can answer that. According to his own words, he cannot be a Christian because he has sin in his life. The sin of Pride

How can I have pride in myself? I was crucified and buried, with Christ, as Romans 6 spells out. Everything I am now is of Him. "And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts." (Gal 5:24) If my affections and lusts are dead, how can I succumb to them?

PJW
Aug 10th 2012, 04:15 AM
I know you don't... so DON'T tell me I'm putting words in your mouth. You say it, not me.

Was satan the god of the Corinthians then? Paul doesn't think so... you however call them non-Christians in our previous talks. Paul however, DID call them Christians.

Now... why would Paul call them in Christ when what you interpret with only a couple scriptures... allows you to call them non-Christians and that they were never in Christ?

Satan is the god of this world, and sinners are of THIS world. Not everyone at Corinth was a sinner.

amazzin
Aug 10th 2012, 04:16 AM
You are blind...period.

How can I have pride in myself? I was crucified and buried, with Christ, as Romans 6 spells out. Everything I am now is of Him. "And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts." (Gal 5:24) If my affections and lusts are dead, how can I succumb to them?

PJW
Aug 10th 2012, 04:18 AM

* Do you have children?

I have been in Christ for 8 years, and 4 months.
Why do you ask about children? Do your kids cause you to sin?

watchinginawe
Aug 10th 2012, 02:01 PM

Thoughts?

I like it. However, I don't like the assassination of the word "religion". To me, this "something else besides religion" promotes a kind of esotericism that allows the labeling of anything counter to one's personal conception of Christianity to be a religion. Those in religion are lost, right? That is what the video says. They are blind. Isn't that exactly the same kind of condemnation he is railing against?

He seems to have connected with the Christian religion, and in the process assumes that puts him at odds with all religion, including those who practice the Christian religion. Paul preached the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the existence of other false gospels. The existence of false gospels didn't preclude the existence of the true Gospel. Likewise, false religions aren't a religion at all.

It seems every generation has to put themselves at odds with both the previous generations' identification of the Christian religion and the coming generations' identification of the Christian religion. Religion allows for Christianity to be relevant to the generation practicing it. Religion is how a generation, culture, people, etc. share and practice Christianity. There are norms and then there are things that change according to the time, like music, or the use of sophisticated video equipment to produce a youtube video.

I am glad the guy understands grace now. That is one of the norms.

Liquid Tension
Aug 10th 2012, 03:17 PM
http://www.straferight.com/photopost/data/500/medium/double-facepalm.jpg

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Vhayes
Aug 10th 2012, 03:38 PM
I have been in Christ for 8 years, and 4 months.
And in all that time, you feel you have not sinned - not once?
Not looked at a woman to lust after her?
Or do you justify that by saying you didn't actually have sex with her?
Not had anger at another?
Or do you justify that by saying it was righteous anger?
Not worried even a little about your job or your money situation?
Or do you justify that by saying it was just normal concern and not "really" worry?

Why do you ask about children? Do your kids cause you to sin?
First - no - my children do not cause me to sin. No one causes another to sin, it's a choice they make.

Second - when a child is an infant and spits up in his crib, no parent I know of would pull the sheet off the mattress, wrap the kid in said sheet and take them out to the dumpster. After all, they made a mess - they cannot possibly be a part of the family anymore and probably never were. On the contrary; the sheet is pulled off and put in the washer, a clean sheet is placed on the mattress and the infant is held close and rocked until he goes back to sleep.

If a teenager acts like a total moron and sneaks the keys to the car off the hook in the kitchen, goes out at 2:00 a.m. and side swipes a car up the block - well, he's a moron. He is STILL a part of the family. His name remains on the insurance policy although the premiums just went up dramatically.

If a 13 year old refuses to make their bed, do you throw them out of he house and tell them they are not your child? Or do you tell them they are a part of the family and as such there is a work load they will share in?

I hope this is making a bit of sense to you. What did Jesus say about all this?

Luke 11
11 Now suppose one of you fathers is asked by his son for a fish; he will not give him a snake instead of a fish, will he?
12 Or if he is asked for an egg, he will not give him a scorpion, will he?
13 If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him?”

If humans (even unsaved humans) don't throw their children out of the house and out of the family for transgressions, why would you ever imagine that an infinitely loving Father would disown His children?

Dani H
Aug 10th 2012, 03:42 PM
Well I'm glad somebody put the merry-go-round to a halt. Now we can all get back to the business at hand. :thumbsup:

Jemand
Aug 10th 2012, 05:42 PM
I've watched this three times now and am duly impressed with each viewing.

It's ALL about Jesus.

Thanks, Amazzin'. Pleasant interlude.

No, it is about his ignorance of religion! In just four minutes, the man in the video made more errors than Charles Taze Russell, Joseph Smith, or Mary Baker Eddy were able to make in 40 minutes!

The truth is that Jesus taught the same religious values that are taught in the Old Testament, but through His sacrificial, atoning death on the cross, He made it possible for those religious values to be realized in the lives of his followers.

Vhayes
Aug 10th 2012, 05:57 PM
Jermand, I respect you and your knowledge. I believe you have a heart for the Lord.

I ALSO believe the young man in that video speaks to/for a segment of the populace that thought Christianity was all about keeping a set of rules and regs - a "self-improvement" plan, if you will. And then, he discovered Jesus. The One Who paid the price for this young mans sins. It's really no longer a "self-improvement" seminar this young man attends, it's a worship session filled with gratitude and the DESIRE to please his Master.

In my head, the young man says over and over and over again - it's ALL about Jesus. And I have to tell you, when we come to that place, the "rules and regs" become easy. Or at least much easier. It's not so hard to love your sinning neighbor as yourself when you realize Christ loves them just as much as He loves me. Knowing Jesus and realizing He is in control makes it easier to not lose it on the driver in front of you because he's traveling so slowly - maybe God needs you to run at a slower pace that day.

By knowing Jesus, the rest falls into place. By knowing rules and regs, one may never come to a knowledge of Jesus.

Jemand
Aug 10th 2012, 06:20 PM
Jermand, I respect you and your knowledge. I believe you have a heart for the Lord.

I ALSO believe the young man in that video speaks to/for a segment of the populace that thought Christianity was all about keeping a set of rules and regs - a "self-improvement" plan, if you will. And then, he discovered Jesus. The One Who paid the price for this young mans sins. It's really no longer a "self-improvement" seminar this young man attends, it's a worship session filled with gratitude and the DESIRE to please his Master.

In my head, the young man says over and over and over again - it's ALL about Jesus. And I have to tell you, when we come to that place, the "rules and regs" become easy. Or at least much easier. It's not so hard to love your sinning neighbor as yourself when you realize Christ loves them just as much as He loves me. Knowing Jesus and realizing He is in control makes it easier to not lose it on the driver in front of you because he's traveling so slowly - maybe God needs you to run at a slower pace that day.

By knowing Jesus, the rest falls into place. By knowing rules and regs, one may never come to a knowledge of Jesus.

Had the man in the video preached your message rather than his, I would not be objecting to it and calling it illiterate nonsense. Perhaps we should take up a collection and purchase for the man an English language dictionary and a Bible that does not have half of the pages missing,

amazzin
Aug 10th 2012, 06:23 PM
You are treading on being extremely disrespectful and condescending. Please park it or learn how you speak the same message but with a little love!

Last warning

Had the man in the video preached your message rather than his, I would not be objecting to it and calling it illiterate nonsense. Perhaps we should take up a collection and purchase for the man an English language dictionary and a Bible that does not have half of the pages missing,

Vhayes
Aug 10th 2012, 07:24 PM
Deleted post edited by Admin

Caution...

I would say in the one case it is frustration. Every thread PJW participates in becomes a thread about being sinless perfection in this "tent".

Respect is earned. To say the young man in the video creates more false theology than a Charles Taze Russell is just wrong. Let's talk about what in particular you find "false" about the young man's message and maybe we can all grow. I would like that.

Thanks, Jermand!
V

Diggindeeper
Aug 10th 2012, 07:48 PM
If everyone here would just hush and come on over to my point of view on everything, then we wouldn't have any disagreements at all, anywhere on this message board. :dunno:

Why can't y'all see that?? :confused

Vhayes
Aug 10th 2012, 09:42 PM
If everyone here would just hush and come on over to my point of view on everything, then we wouldn't have any disagreements at all, anywhere on this message board. :dunno:

I don't understand what you are meaning. Could you explain, please?

Dani H
Aug 11th 2012, 06:52 PM
I don't understand what you are meaning. Could you explain, please?

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/IM-REALLY-EASY-GET-ALONG-WITH-VINTAGE-TIN-SIGN-/00/s/MjEwWDMyMA==/$(KGrHqZ,!hgE6,VKrZ,,BOt!(WrDO!~~60_12.JPG

Vhayes
Aug 11th 2012, 09:41 PM
http://i.ebayimg.com/t/IM-REALLY-EASY-GET-ALONG-WITH-VINTAGE-TIN-SIGN-/00/s/MjEwWDMyMA==/$(KGrHqZ,!hgE6,VKrZ,,BOt!(WrDO!~~60_12.JPG

I'm sorry - I still don't understand. Is this supposed to be indicative of me? Of Jermand? Of Amazzin'? Of Diggin?

Maybe I'm slow but I'm not "getting" the humor.

Watchman
Aug 11th 2012, 10:16 PM

Hey! You must agree with me all the time to have that pov! :rofl:

Watchman
Aug 11th 2012, 10:17 PM
Now where is that tongue-in-cheek emoticon when one needs it? http://www.accuratereloading.com/forums/dancing.gif

Diggindeeper
Aug 11th 2012, 10:27 PM
Hey! You must agree with me all the time to have that pov! :rofl:

:lol: ...............

Vhayes
Aug 11th 2012, 11:16 PM
I'm sorry - I still don't understand. Is this supposed to be indicative of me? Of Jermand? Of Amazzin'? Of Diggin?

And I'll ask again - would someone explain the meaning. Is it referring to someone in the thread who has posted?

I'm confused.

amazzin
Aug 12th 2012, 03:07 AM
And I'll ask again - would someone explain the meaning. Is it referring to someone in the thread who has posted?

I'm confused.

I believe the comment Diggin made was a tongue in cheek comment. She was poking fun at "us all"It wasn't directed at anyone but just in case

YO! Diggin'...waz up girl?

Dani H
Aug 12th 2012, 05:28 AM

V ... she was kidding. Hence the picture. I just took it up a notch. :D

Vhayes
Aug 12th 2012, 01:26 PM
Well, the humor completely eludes me. Completely. But others "got it" and apparently found it amusing, so fair enough. It may be a part of my "funny" that's missing.

Dani H
Aug 12th 2012, 02:33 PM
Well, the humor completely eludes me. Completely. But others "got it" and apparently found it amusing, so fair enough. It may be a part of my "funny" that's missing.

You got plenty of funny, but I agree that some things can sneak right past us. You're certainly not alone there. :)

Now, what was this thread about again?

Ta-An
Aug 12th 2012, 06:37 PM
I don't understand what you are meaning. Could you explain, please? Come have some tea with me :hug: