PDA

View Full Version : Artificial Intelligence and the End Times?

Ceegen
Sep 28th 2012, 05:52 PM
This is going to sound a little weird... But after having a really vivid dream and talking with awestruckchild about it, things just sort of "clicked" into place.

Revelation 13:15
And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

+ Life (Strongs G4151); "pneuma", the spirit, i.e. the vital principal by which the body is animated.
+ Image (Strongs G1504); "eikon", an image, figure, likeness.

A while back I read a news article about how China had built a super computer that was much faster than what the United States had, and that the United States hasn't been developing any new super computers in recent time, as if not interested in beating the Chinese super computer's specs.

A little while after this, I was doing a search on quantum computers, because I had heard about it in a few scientific programs I've been watching, and I wanted to pull up some stats on it. Well, I wasn't disappointed. Apparently we haven't been trying to build another super-computer to match China's because we already have quantum computers... Which are 1000's of times faster than any super computer existing today, and with only 16 Q-bits! That's a HUGE leap in processing power, since 16 regular bits would be like comparing China's super computer to an Atarii 1600 system from back in the day.

The more I read, the more I was astounded. Now, I didn't make the connection to AI and the end times just yet. I was just thinking, "Man, I wonder what kind of video games I could play on THAT!"

I read that the technology for a room-temperature Q-bit chip was close to production, as currently they can only make them under certain conditions with very low temperatures. I also found out that the production process for Q-bits has been sped-up some how, and they can fit more than a few thousand Q-bits on a single chip! That's a COSMIC leap in computing power right there. It's like comparing a manned mission to the moon, to a manned mission to the other end of the galaxy.

Things are still in development, but, as you can see the technology is quickly being developed.

Put that idea on hold for just a moment now, and consider this in contrast to the above...

I sincerely believe that without a doubt, the end-times one-world system is Communism. If the whole world was united under the rule of a single Communist governing body, it would be quite easy for them to PURGE the world of religion. But on the flip side of that, if the world was united under a single Communist government, it would be based entirely on scientific study and the "betterment of humankind" through technology and such. Kinda like Plato's Republic, a dream finally come true for some of the most evil people that I believe to be pushing this agenda into the forefront of the public mind.

This could only happen after a great war, a horribly catastrophic event in human history which breaks the will of every human, to the point of just giving up. Humanity will be so utterly tired of war, they will cry out for peace.

1 Thessalonians 5:3
For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

Their "Peace" is a false utopia, and it will be dangerous to live in a world controlled by Communists for those who have faith.

Back to quantum technology and AI...

Quantum computers work off of the most fundamental concepts of matter/energy, space and time. This is where it gets a little weird, but, if the world were united in scientific study under a one-world system without wars setting us back, and cooperation between every scientist and government in the world... How long would it be before they built a machine or computer that was somehow linked to the spiritual realm through the use of quantum technology? Would it be possible that a demonic entity could somehow manipulate these quanta, to bridge the gap between the spiritual and the physical?

Because if that is possible, then Revelation 13:15 makes complete sense. To me at least.

Anyone who didn't worship the image of the beast would be killed. Humankind would be united in their worship of artificial intelligence, or rather, technology being controlled by a demonic entity. Quantum computers could quite literally sift through all the information in the known world in a matter of seconds, and root out any person who has ever posted online of their love of Jesus Christ. It would be easy to find us all, and who knows what kind of other technology would be possible with all this that could speed up the process of a purge of religion from the face of the earth.

Hmmm...

markedward
Sep 28th 2012, 06:15 PM
Revelation 13 is talking about idolatry of a beast and its seven heads (explained in chapter 17 to be a kingdom and its seven kings). The word πνευμα is being used in the sense of 'breath', and εικονι is being used in the sense of an 'icon' (that is, an idol).

Going from that to 'worship of artificial intelligence' is a huge leap in imagination and speculation; it has no basis in the actual text of the book. Rather than trying to read the latest exploits of technology or world events into the book ('newspaper theology'), we should try to understand how the book would have been understood by the original readers, since John plainly says the book was written for the benefit of the whole Church (1.3), it was addressed to seven real churches in his own time (1.4,11) who were enduring real problems (2-3), and he expected them to be able to understand what he was saying (13.18; 17.9). No amount of 'wisdom' or 'understanding' could have helped those first-century churches realize that 'it was allowed to give breath to the icon' was about people worshiping supercomputers over two thousand years in the future.

awestruckchild
Sep 28th 2012, 06:39 PM
I thought his post had validity.
It wouldn't be that far of a stretch from where we are right now.
I heard a girl on campus crying the other day. She had lost her phone thingy (don't remember what it was called but it is one of those that are nothing like MY cell phone. It is one of those that has many more bells and whistles.)
So she was sobbing and a friend was trying to calm her, and she said: but you don't understand! That was my entire LIFE I just lost!! My entire LIFE was in there!

Ceegan, I have been a bit nervous about computers too. I got the idea in my head a while back that facebook made me a little nervous. I could explain why but it is a whole lot of little things added together, so it would sound just crazy. So I deleted my account. I really felt I had to.

So that girl on campus was already worshiping her phone thing. If we want to find out for sure whether something is an idol to us, the surefire way is to note our reaction if someone takes the thing or dents or scratches it. Cars, fine china, lawns, phones, etc. We can have a very wrong heart attitude toward all of them.

So, I think your post was thought provoking.

Ceegen
Sep 28th 2012, 07:11 PM
Ceegan, I have been a bit nervous about computers too. I got the idea in my head a while back that facebook made me a little nervous. I could explain why but it is a whole lot of little things added together, so it would sound just crazy. So I deleted my account. I really felt I had to.

It doesn't matter. Once your information is out there on the internet, it's out there. You can't take it back. It's like a bullet leaving the barrel of a gun, you can't stop it.

You IP address can be linked to your physical address, and all sorts of data can be compiled in a matter of seconds with the use of quantum computers. huge servers compile vast amounts of data, and archival databases let people see what web pages looked like in the past. You'd have to physically destroy all the hard drives that have your information on it to be truly invisible to the system... And when it comes to the internet, you'd have to travel all over the world to do that.

I don't think deleting my FB account will do much. I've commented on news articles, other forums besides this one, and all kinds of stuff about Jesus and the bible. They got my number if they really want it, and I don't care.

awestruckchild
Sep 28th 2012, 07:30 PM
Yes, I understand that.
What made me more nervous though was....sort of like...what it was DOING to us.
It's a lot of different things that go into my nervousness.
The biggest one was how it made people...seek the....approval of one another and...I don't know - it was just the whole spirit surrounding it that I didn't like...it almost felt like....reality tv. But it also felt like...some sort of...spider web...

Ceegen
Sep 28th 2012, 09:03 PM
Yes, I understand that.
What made me more nervous though was....sort of like...what it was DOING to us.
It's a lot of different things that go into my nervousness.
The biggest one was how it made people...seek the....approval of one another and...I don't know - it was just the whole spirit surrounding it that I didn't like...it almost felt like....reality tv. But it also felt like...some sort of...spider web...

Well yeah. But FB is no different than this forum, it's just a different format.

You "like" someone's post on FB, and here we have rep, voting up on a thread, etc.

Attention seeking; trying to fill a gap that can't be filled except by God Himself. Here at least, we talk about God and stuff. On FB, it is pretty devoid of anything with regards to the bible or Jesus.

awestruckchild
Sep 28th 2012, 10:09 PM
Yes, as far as someone being able to find out things about you, I guess this forum is pretty much the same. Less of the trying to impress others and gain their approval in here though.
But yeah, you're right.

EarlyCall
Sep 28th 2012, 10:56 PM
Very interesting thoughts, but I would argue that islam will come to be the end time religion and the power that rules all the world. I'd prefer communism over islam any day. Of course I'd prefer anything over the end times altogether.

I remember back in the 90's telling my mother I wondered if taking the mark of the beast would have anything to do with a computer chip that would tie into your brain. I said, consider that once you take the mark, you are doomed to hell according the Bible. But why is that? Is it the unpardonable sin? If not, then how can you be most certainly doomed? How is it you cannot turn back, change your mind, make a new decision? So I said, it would make sense if you were not able to do so because of the chip tied into your brain.

Well, of course back when I said it I hadn't ever heard of such a thing anyway and was only imagining and speculating and trying to tie in two concepts together to give some sort of possible explanation. Since then, well, they can tie in a chip to your brain.

Ah, but at this point in time, to fulfill my speculation would be most out of the question. I said at this time. But, in the not too distant future that will not be the case. Count on it.

Still, I have no idea if such a thing would ever be. I wouldn't even put money on it. It was nothing more to me than a thought that occurred to me.

But again, consider that if accepting the mark means you are forever doomed, and it does because the Bible says that, and if it is not the unpardonable sin, then something else must surely be at work here! Some other explanation is required. I ound it interesting anyway.

Ceegen
Sep 28th 2012, 11:42 PM
Very interesting thoughts, but I would argue that islam will come to be the end time religion and the power that rules all the world. I'd prefer communism over islam any day. Of course I'd prefer anything over the end times altogether.

I remember back in the 90's telling my mother I wondered if taking the mark of the beast would have anything to do with a computer chip that would tie into your brain. I said, consider that once you take the mark, you are doomed to hell according the Bible. But why is that? Is it the unpardonable sin? If not, then how can you be most certainly doomed? How is it you cannot turn back, change your mind, make a new decision? So I said, it would make sense if you were not able to do so because of the chip tied into your brain.

(snipped the quote for brevity)

Yeah I don't think it's just merely a chip or something physical. I'm only showing how it could be possible that the "image" of the beast comes to "life" through AI or some form of technology, like quantum computing. At least, this is what I am being led to believe.

Nothing can separate us from God except our own sin, and denial of God is a sin. Therefore under that premise, a purely one-world Communistic governing body would make sense as being the machine (driving force) for implementing a "mark" of the beast. And what I mean is, the mark of the beast doesn't necessarily have to be an acceptance of some specific religious system contrary to Christianity. All it has to be, is a rejection of God. Communism fits that "rejection" of God model.

I mean, Communistic nations are already very hostile to religions in general. Lots of Christians die in China and North Korea, but so do many Buddhists and such. What happens if they get control of the whole world? To be a part of their system, you have to give something up. It doesn't matter what religion you are, they'll re-educate you, send you to a labor camp, torture you, or kill you to get rid of religion. They're already doing it, just not globally.

So, if that's the case, then it doesn't take much more thought to say that some type of self-worship or technology-worship, is the mark itself.

"Look at us! Look at what we are capable of when we use our own intelligence to solve our problems, rather than relying on some archaic and ancient texts. Nothing but myths and legends; fair tales! There is no God. We are our own gods, and have built this ourselves. We control our own destiny, our own future, and you have SCIENCE to thank for that... Not some invisible man in the sky!"

But if someone rains on their parade, and proves them wrong, someone gonna die for it. Just like the Pythagorean cult who killed a guy that proved irrational numbers exist.

Crazy what people will kill another person for, isn't it? I mean come on, they killed a guy for proving that the square root of 2 exists! But I guess that's what "science cults" are capable of. What makes today any different?

EarlyCall
Sep 29th 2012, 01:13 AM
(snipped the quote for brevity)

Yeah I don't think it's just merely a chip or something physical. I'm only showing how it could be possible that the "image" of the beast comes to "life" through AI or some form of technology, like quantum computing. At least, this is what I am being led to believe.

Nothing can separate us from God except our own sin, and denial of God is a sin. Therefore under that premise, a purely one-world Communistic governing body would make sense as being the machine (driving force) for implementing a "mark" of the beast. And what I mean is, the mark of the beast doesn't necessarily have to be an acceptance of some specific religious system contrary to Christianity. All it has to be, is a rejection of God. Communism fits that "rejection" of God model.

I mean, Communistic nations are already very hostile to religions in general. Lots of Christians die in China and North Korea, but so do many Buddhists and such. What happens if they get control of the whole world? To be a part of their system, you have to give something up. It doesn't matter what religion you are, they'll re-educate you, send you to a labor camp, torture you, or kill you to get rid of religion. They're already doing it, just not globally.

So, if that's the case, then it doesn't take much more thought to say that some type of self-worship or technology-worship, is the mark itself.

"Look at us! Look at what we are capable of when we use our own intelligence to solve our problems, rather than relying on some archaic and ancient texts. Nothing but myths and legends; fair tales! There is no God. We are our own gods, and have built this ourselves. We control our own destiny, our own future, and you have SCIENCE to thank for that... Not some invisible man in the sky!"

But if someone rains on their parade, and proves them wrong, someone gonna die for it. Just like the Pythagorean cult who killed a guy that proved irrational numbers exist.

Crazy what people will kill another person for, isn't it? I mean come on, they killed a guy for proving that the square root of 2 exists! But I guess that's what "science cults" are capable of. What makes today any different?

Your thoughts on AI and the image of the beast and such, I would not say that it could not be so. You may very well be onto something. I would not think it out of the realm of possibility if I understand what you are saying correctly.

But a question if I may. Do the communist countries cut off the heads of people? And do you know why I ask that question? Think about it and you will understand why I think islam will rule.

Ceegen
Sep 29th 2012, 01:32 AM
Your thoughts on AI and the image of the beast and such, I would not say that it could not be so. You may very well be onto something. I would not think it out of the realm of possibility if I understand what you are saying correctly.

But a question if I may. Do the communist countries cut off the heads of people? And do you know why I ask that question? Think about it and you will understand why I think islam will rule.

In the French Revolution, it was VERY common to behead people via guillotine. The French Revolution was in fact a communist revolution of "enlightened minds" -- (Thank you, "The Enlightenment" period! [/sarcasm]). Who knows, it could make a comeback? Beheadings are, after all, very "humane". It's instant death if done right, or so I've been told. And we all know how humanistic the communists are! :rolleyes:

whitetiger
Sep 29th 2012, 01:40 AM
Revelation 13 is talking about idolatry of a beast and its seven heads (explained in chapter 17 to be a kingdom and its seven kings). The word πνευμα is being used in the sense of 'breath', and εικονι is being used in the sense of an 'icon' (that is, an idol).

Going from that to 'worship of artificial intelligence' is a huge leap in imagination and speculation; it has no basis in the actual text of the book. Rather than trying to read the latest exploits of technology or world events into the book ('newspaper theology'), we should try to understand how the book would have been understood by the original readers, since John plainly says the book was written for the benefit of the whole Church (1.3), it was addressed to seven real churches in his own time (1.4,11) who were enduring real problems (2-3), and he expected them to be able to understand what he was saying (13.18; 17.9). No amount of 'wisdom' or 'understanding' could have helped those first-century churches realize that 'it was allowed to give breath to the icon' was about people worshiping supercomputers over two thousand years in the future.

Great post! So many today are deceived into thinking the Revelation is for today, I feel for that trap myself for a while

Ceegen
Sep 29th 2012, 01:49 AM
Great post! So many today are deceived into thinking the Revelation is for today, I feel for that trap myself for a while

Answer one question for me: Is this the millennial kingdom, right here, right now?

Protective Angel
Sep 29th 2012, 02:37 AM
I think could be possible. It made me remember the Terminator. As in the end when Jesus returns, SOME may view him as just that. A Terminator. We will know different.

Rev
14 His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;

15 And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.

EarlyCall
Sep 29th 2012, 10:52 AM
In the French Revolution, it was VERY common to behead people via guillotine. The French Revolution was in fact a communist revolution of "enlightened minds" -- (Thank you, "The Enlightenment" period! [/sarcasm]). Who knows, it could make a comeback? Beheadings are, after all, very "humane". It's instant death if done right, or so I've been told. And we all know how humanistic the communists are! :rolleyes:

I thought the French revolution ended some time ago. Who cuts of people's heads these days? It was a Japanese custom too even into the last century, but it is no longer. In all the world, who does such a thing if not the muslims? And they often use a knife and not a sword, and that is neither quick nor humane.

Ceegen
Sep 29th 2012, 02:59 PM
I thought the French revolution ended some time ago. Who cuts of people's heads these days? It was a Japanese custom too even into the last century, but it is no longer. In all the world, who does such a thing if not the muslims? And they often use a knife and not a sword, and that is neither quick nor humane.

For this to make sense, a conspiracy theory would have to be brought up. But no one likes hearing about conspiracies. So, without mentioning exactly what the conspiracy is about, I will go over a list of reasons why this conspiracy theory makes sense, from this particular perspective only. Let me just first say that, it was NOT a Christian who first came up with this conspiracy theory, so it makes it all that much more believable for me. Especially when in context of those who are beheaded for their witness of Jesus Christ.

Okay, so why a guillotine?

1. Guillotines are easy to operate.
2. Guillotines are reusable.
3. Guillotines don't hurt the environment.

1 = Easy to operate, and don't even take any power to operate. Gravity does it all! * 2 = Reusable! This means they are cost effective. They don't have to manufacture thousands of gallons of chlorine gas, or millions of bullets. Just line us all up, and... "Next!" * 3 = I highlighted that last one for a reason: Most importantly, you're not hurting the environment with costly chemicals, CO2 or sulfur from gun smoke, or even using any electricity for it!

My other reason for thinking that the end-times system is Communism, is the 4th horseman of the apocalypse. In Zechariah 6:3 you have this: "... and in the fourth chariot grisled and bay horses." Grisled/bay = spotted with colors.

What colors? Yellowish and green colors? Deathly colors, like the same 4th horse from Revelation? Because "pale" is not the right translation.
http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=G5515&t=KJV - Green (!), or pale-yellow, or both? Sickly death colors.

Green, environmentalists, Gaia worshipers. I think communists give in and allow some type of "environmentalist religion" to go on for a little while, at least until all the Christians are gone. How it all works out, I'm not sure, but environmentalism is very related to communism. But Zechariah chapter 6 gives us a look at where these horses/chariots/horsemen go "out into the earth".

And it isn't like environmentalists haven't already put very DISTURBING ads on TV that basically glorify killing anyone who is a "climate denier". They're already praised people like Genghis Khan as heroes of the environment. They want to limit the population of the world to a manageable number, and all kinds of other nonsense.

** WARNING GRAPHIC CONTENT ** UK commercial (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26gc2jXW3K4) depicting what happens to climate deniers.
This link (http://www.akdart.com/warming5.html) has all kinds of information on the cult of environmentalism.

EarlyCall
Sep 30th 2012, 06:32 PM
For this to make sense, a conspiracy theory would have to be brought up. But no one likes hearing about conspiracies. So, without mentioning exactly what the conspiracy is about, I will go over a list of reasons why this conspiracy theory makes sense, from this particular perspective only. Let me just first say that, it was NOT a Christian who first came up with this conspiracy theory, so it makes it all that much more believable for me. Especially when in context of those who are beheaded for their witness of Jesus Christ.

Okay, so why a guillotine?

1. Guillotines are easy to operate.
2. Guillotines are reusable.
3. Guillotines don't hurt the environment.

1 = Easy to operate, and don't even take any power to operate. Gravity does it all! * 2 = Reusable! This means they are cost effective. They don't have to manufacture thousands of gallons of chlorine gas, or millions of bullets. Just line us all up, and... "Next!" * 3 = I highlighted that last one for a reason: Most importantly, you're not hurting the environment with costly chemicals, CO2 or sulfur from gun smoke, or even using any electricity for it!

My other reason for thinking that the end-times system is Communism, is the 4th horseman of the apocalypse. In Zechariah 6:3 you have this: "... and in the fourth chariot grisled and bay horses." Grisled/bay = spotted with colors.

What colors? Yellowish and green colors? Deathly colors, like the same 4th horse from Revelation? Because "pale" is not the right translation.
http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=G5515&t=KJV - Green (!), or pale-yellow, or both? Sickly death colors.

Green, environmentalists, Gaia worshipers. I think communists give in and allow some type of "environmentalist religion" to go on for a little while, at least until all the Christians are gone. How it all works out, I'm not sure, but environmentalism is very related to communism. But Zechariah chapter 6 gives us a look at where these horses/chariots/horsemen go "out into the earth".

And it isn't like environmentalists haven't already put very DISTURBING ads on TV that basically glorify killing anyone who is a "climate denier". They're already praised people like Genghis Khan as heroes of the environment. They want to limit the population of the world to a manageable number, and all kinds of other nonsense.

** WARNING GRAPHIC CONTENT ** UK commercial (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26gc2jXW3K4) depicting what happens to climate deniers.
This link (http://www.akdart.com/warming5.html) has all kinds of information on the cult of environmentalism.

I watched the video at the link you give for the UK commercial. I think everyone should watch it. It speaks for itself. Well, put me down as a climate denier.

Well, you may be right. I don't know and if I did know, I'd be sorry I knew. It makes for interesting discussion, but we still have to wait to know.

Ceegen
Oct 1st 2012, 04:19 PM
I watched the video at the link you give for the UK commercial. I think everyone should watch it. It speaks for itself. Well, put me down as a climate denier.

We're called to witness for Christ, not go and die for the climate. Don't waste your life for that, at least. Be as wise as a serpent and as harmless as a dove -- A living dog is better than a dead lion.

UPDATE - Chinese hackers break in to White House military office network in charge of the president’s nuclear football (http://freebeacon.com/white-house-hack-attack/) by Bill Gertz.

I've been following Bill Gertz on and off, because he specializes in keeping tabs on China. This guy knows everything there is to know about China.

decrumpit
Oct 1st 2012, 07:52 PM
Ceegan, can you reply to markedward's post?

Anyone who didn't worship the image of the beast would be killed. Humankind would be united in their worship of artificial intelligence, or rather, technology being controlled by a demonic entity. Quantum computers could quite literally sift through all the information in the known world in a matter of seconds, and root out any person who has ever posted online of their love of Jesus Christ. It would be easy to find us all, and who knows what kind of other technology would be possible with all this that could speed up the process of a purge of religion from the face of the earth.

Your theory could equally appeal to capitalism, or a Communist USA, or a capitalist China. Perhaps Russia could become communist or capitalist or perhaps a confederacy of Islam and Russia, or Islam and China, or Israel and China and Russia or America and Israel or.... there are literally millions and millions of interpretations. Your imagination is the limit, and we should be careful not to mistake imagination for evidence.

If I take a few verses I could just as easily prove it is Islam that will be the beast. Roman Catholicism and the Soviet Union (or RCC and USSR combined!) could "fit" certain criteria. So could America.

But the biggest problem is that your theory absolutely requires that the tribulation happen in the next few decades. Otherwise it's fairly useless to speculate because nations die and the world changes.

gringo300
Oct 1st 2012, 08:01 PM
First of all, there have been two Chinas since 1949: Communist China and Nationalist China. Often, when people say simply "China", they mean Communist China.

-

As for Artificial Intelligence, I've been attempting to learn about the concept of Computer Science, and that might get into some of this.

There may be more than one interpretation of the concept of Artificial Intelligence. Some may not involve actual self-awareness.

I've watched the movie War Games countless times (a large proportion of those times when I was in kindergarten). When I've watched it more recently, I've found myself wondering: Does this computer actually have self-awareness? The movie seems to be ambiguous on that point.

Ceegen
Oct 2nd 2012, 12:15 AM
Ceegan, can you reply to markedward's post?

Sure.

Revelation 13 is talking about idolatry of a beast and its seven heads (explained in chapter 17 to be a kingdom and its seven kings).

If you say so. But why would a beast, with 7 heads, have 10 horns? ONE "Beast", 7 heads, 10 horns.

Hint: The statue in Daniel's dream, has 10 toes!

(One worldly government, 7 continents, 10 earthly kings/kingdoms.)

The word πνευμα is being used in the sense of 'breath', and εικονι is being used in the sense of an 'icon' (that is, an idol).

The same type of "breath" or gentle wind of a spirit/soul, like the kind given to Adam. Satan literally breathes life into the "icon/idol" - AI.

Going from that to 'worship of artificial intelligence' is a huge leap in imagination and speculation; it has no basis in the actual text of the book.

And the bible doesn't talk about cars, cell phones, satellites, and a lot of other things. Are we just supposed to be asleep at the wheel, and expect a hydra to rise up out of the Atlantic Ocean? Better call godzilla. No, Satan is much more subtle than that.

Rather than trying to read the latest exploits of technology or world events into the book ('newspaper theology'),

Yes, let's not look for clues in anything, ever.

we should try to understand how the book would have been understood by the original readers,

In a time long long ago, far far away. God was using imagery that can speak through the ages, and apply to today, which is why even though the bible doesn't specifically mention that your car or cellphone can be an object of worship, it still can be.

since John plainly says the book was written for the benefit of the whole Church (1.3), it was addressed to seven real churches in his own time (1.4,11) who were enduring real problems (2-3),

The whole "church" is still here on earth, but the specific ones mentioned are obviously not even in existence right now, so it must be something that applies to today's churches.

and he expected them to be able to understand what he was saying (13.18; 17.9). No amount of 'wisdom' or 'understanding' could have helped those first-century churches realize that 'it was allowed to give breath to the icon' was about people worshiping supercomputers over two thousand years in the future.

I can't help you there.

Christ Warrior
Oct 2nd 2012, 02:15 AM
First of all, there have been two Chinas since 1949: Communist China and Nationalist China. Often, when people say simply "China", they mean Communist China.

-

As for Artificial Intelligence, I've been attempting to learn about the concept of Computer Science, and that might get into some of this.

There may be more than one interpretation of the concept of Artificial Intelligence. Some may not involve actual self-awareness.

I've watched the movie War Games countless times (a large proportion of those times when I was in kindergarten). When I've watched it more recently, I've found myself wondering: Does this computer actually have self-awareness? The movie seems to be ambiguous on that point.
Gringo300, if you're really interested in learning more about the views of AI, you should read an article on "Strong AI vs. Weak AI". I'm a computer science student studying AI and I consider myself in the "Weak AI" camp. We in this camp do not believe that a machine can become "self-aware".

EarlyCall
Oct 2nd 2012, 02:36 AM
We're called to witness for Christ, not go and die for the climate. Don't waste your life for that, at least. Be as wise as a serpent and as harmless as a dove -- A living dog is better than a dead lion.

UPDATE - Chinese hackers break in to White House military office network in charge of the president’s nuclear football (http://freebeacon.com/white-house-hack-attack/) by Bill Gertz.

I've been following Bill Gertz on and off, because he specializes in keeping tabs on China. This guy knows everything there is to know about China.

How would putting me down as a climate denier as it relates to the video be the same as dying for the climate?

Ceegen
Oct 2nd 2012, 03:16 AM
How would putting me down as a climate denier as it relates to the video be the same as dying for the climate?

If it gets you killed, why fight it? Just go through the motions, but carry Jesus with you at all times. If they come to kill you for the climate, try to blend in. But if they come to kill you for Christ, never give up Christ.

Dying over being a climate denier, would be pointless. Let's just humor these crazies, and show them how stupid all this really is. You don't have to go crazy when "going green". Some of it actually does save money, and that's always a good thing. Right?

I'm switching over to LED lights as soon as I can. They only draw enough power that I can light my whole house for like, 11 cents an hour. And they last forever. I like that. Of course, my computer is a different story, but at least I cut back a little. I'm at least trying.

"Can two walk together, except they be agreed?" - Amos 3:3.
Paired with...
"And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain." - Matthew 5:41.

Be their friend, and share Jesus with them. God gave us dominion over the earth, to take care of it. Wink wink, nudge nudge.

Win 'em over. Don't fight them.

Ceegen
Oct 2nd 2012, 03:14 PM
* Update *

Drones Will Soon Be Able To Kill During War Without Human Assistance (http://washington.cbslocal.com/2012/10/01/professor-drones-will-soon-be-able-to-kill-during-war-without-human-assistance/) ???

Has anyone ever played the Modern Warfare series of games? It's like their plots for the game, are becoming a reality. Imagine a massively coordinated attack, involving drones and other autonomous robotics, being hijacked to work against us?

Crazy.

Ceegen
Sep 30th 2013, 04:36 AM
* UPDATE *

In the Tom Cruise movie Minority Report, the year was 2054 – but it seems the reality of police predicting crimes before they happen isn’t so far away.

The Metropolitan Police is investing in technology to forecast where offenders will strike next.

In an initiative that echoes the hit film in which a ‘precrime’ department detains murderers before they kill, the force is using computers to map out where future burglaries are likely to take place.

Computer algorithms combine crime statistics and criminal behaviour models to produce ‘predictive areas’ where burglars and muggers are likely to target.

Source. (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2437206/Police-tackle-burglars-muggers-using-Minority-Report-style-technology-tackle-future-crime.html)

Computers predicting crime? How long before quantum computers can single out individuals who are about to commit crimes, and this is then used to persecute people who don't go along with the system? This "image of the beast" thing being made to speak, and everyone who doesn't worship it to be put to death, seems to be more of a reality now more than ever.

shepherdsword
Sep 30th 2013, 01:47 PM
This isn't something new. I first heard of the concept in some old sci-fi books written by Asimov. He speculated about a concept called "psychohistory". It was a mathematical formula using laws of mass action to predict social outcomes. I suspect that narrowing it down to a certain individual will be difficult but they will be able to see areas where problems are sure to happen and pool their resources into those particular places.

Curtis
Sep 30th 2013, 02:55 PM
There is no doubt that computers are going to play a important part in the last days. We are already pretty much there now. Our cells phone give away our location as long as they are turn on. Satellites that circle the earth are capable to find people, and even those predator unmanned aircraft. The internet, there is really no place to hide except in Christ.

keck553
Sep 30th 2013, 03:08 PM
Wow. And all along I thought artificial intelligence was mostly displayed in hollywood and the main stream news media. Go figure....

Old man
Sep 30th 2013, 03:17 PM
Wow. And all along I thought artificial intelligence was mostly displayed in hollywood and the main stream news media. Go figure....

Perhaps they were the (willing) test subjects for cybernetic implants (artificial intelligence).

Aviyah
Sep 30th 2013, 06:53 PM
Has anyone ever played the Modern Warfare series of games? It's like their plots for the game, are becoming a reality. Imagine a massively coordinated attack, involving drones and other autonomous robotics, being hijacked to work against us?

Haha, yeah unfortunately the MW and BF series aren't really realistic. Drones wouldn't be effective enough to wage war without any ground units mainly because they can't carry more than a few missiles per trip. But surveillance-wise it's definitely scary!

bdh
Sep 30th 2013, 07:03 PM
"Man, I wonder what kind of video games I could play on THAT!"

I need TWO ! :lol:!

Would it be possible that a demonic entity could somehow manipulate these quanta, to bridge the gap between the spiritual and the physical?

I have no doubt!

jhdobbins
Oct 1st 2013, 06:48 PM
Transhumanism (Robotics combined with Humans - microchips, robotic limbs, implants, etc) are being shoved in our faces everywhere and we don't even know it.

Look at how successful "Iron man" is - and it is about a man fused with a machine and all the power than can be unlocked and save mankind. In the 3rd version of the movie, it even battles the 'dragon' (satan) and wins.

Media uses things to desensitize us before real things happen. Look at TV shows... two very big hits right now are quite possible going to come true.

1). Person of Interest (one of my favorite shows too) - There is a 'machine' (computer system like what they are building in Utah right now) that tracks everyone's movements and actions through cameras and phones and such to prevent terror threats. But the show revolves around a few people using the machine to take care of violent crimes before they happen. Sounds kind of like the NSA using the system to prevent threats but they do it by looking into everyone and not just a targeted group. There are more ways of tracking coming about as well. Cell phones, Digital Cable boxes and new HD internet TV's with cameras built in, video game systems like Xbox 1 that requires internet connection once every 24 hours and listens to everthing in the room in case you say 'Xbox on', satellite radio in every new vehicle to track locations of vehicles, facebook is basically a government world database of 1/6th of the worlds population. The new iPhone unlocks with a fingerprint - that is then stored in the NSA's database - but its made by Apple so its so cool to have. Didn't Adam and Eve eat an Apple that was poisoned? Hmm. Apple. And the list can go on and on and on.

2.) Revolution - It shows in the opening credits that the Revolution is 'Evolution'. It is about a government controlled blackout that lasts for years and years. Wars wage, people die of famine, and you have to evolve to survive without technology and power. This could happen at any time with a severe solar storm or an nuclear weapon set off high in atmosphere that would be like an electromagnetic pulse that fries small circuit boards. Without technology, food supplies and clean water vanish unless you are uber elite and have access to them before hand.

Look at the movie Avatar that came out. It was purely anti mining of the Earth and all about saving the Earth - but man it was a pretty show with awesome visuals. Wait! How many people saw it as Earth praise and anti mining? Not many.

And now our government is working very hard at shutting down mining in this country. Believe me - I live it every day working in the coal industry.

Anything in media is not a hit because it is simply good. It is a hit because people who control things put it out there - to make it normal. I grew up watching GI Joe cartoons, and the entity in them that was Cobra (the bad guys) did things that our government is doing now - mind control through media, taking over currency, etc. And my generation (20-40) had those thoughts implanted in them when they were little kids!

You also commented on Modern Warfare games. These are fun to play! They desensitize teens to shooting and killing people. And it is kind of interesting when these games come out and the commercials start to constantly air... that there is an Army, or Navy, or Air Force, or Marine commercial usually right before, right after, or nearby that airs as well.

When I gather more thoughts on technology and its relations to the world and how it is perceived, I will add them in.

Aijalon
Oct 2nd 2013, 03:48 PM
Good thoughts, yes this is a concern. The singularity.

Some movies come to mind. Eagle Eye is one, a supercomputer tracks everyone and organizes an assassination of the President and congress, initiating martial law.

The other is Prometheus, where the invention of androids and the alien seed of life on earth merge into one plot.

Iron man also comes to mind, a narcissistic super intelligent human encased in a robotic suit embedded with AI technology. The merger of iron man with his suit takes on a new level in Iron Man 3, as well as an anxiety attack about the arrival of aliens (Avengers movie)

There are too many other movies to count. Spielberg movie A.I. The Will Smith movie iRobot. The Bruce Willis movie Surrogates, ......

Ceegen
Apr 8th 2014, 04:55 AM
*UPDATE*

It has almost been two years since that first post, and then this internet movie just came out...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfRzUI8hkwo

Yes, it is three hours long, so be prepared to sit down and get comfortable or watch it in segments. (The "Watch Later" feature of YouTube is great for watching it in segments). It covers some things I had not yet thought of, but at the same time overlaps some of my own research. I'll probably have to watch it again because of all the information packed into just 3 hours, and I wanted to share it here before I gave a detailed description of it, but it would be hard to do a write-up on a 3 hour film. It'd be easier if you just watched it lol. My brain is going a mile a minute, and it feels overwhelming, but I'm praying. Pray with me!

Balabusha
Apr 8th 2014, 05:07 AM
Is this for real or are you just kidding around?

Ceegen
Apr 8th 2014, 05:28 AM
What do you mean, am I kidding?

Balabusha
Apr 8th 2014, 06:01 AM
This really seems like biblical science fiction, are you serious about this?

Ceegen
Apr 8th 2014, 12:33 PM
It's not fiction if it is happening now, and if the bible is true then it must in some way apply to what is happening all around us.

Ceegen
Apr 9th 2014, 01:56 AM
Okay so the whole movie is about trans-humanism and alchemy, and how that relates to the end times with the "image of the beast" as it pertains to artificial intelligence; a golem or some other "soulless entity" (which alchemy is a big part of, in turning nonliving matter into something animated).

allisraelsaved
Apr 9th 2014, 03:18 AM
Why does it have to be anything other than what it says it is, a rock that comes to life

by the power of Satan ?

Ceegen
Apr 9th 2014, 12:59 PM
Satan is a pretty subtle guy. He's not one to hit you over the head with a rock, but he will get someone else to do it for him. Speaking of rocks, just watch the movie, and/or do an internet search on the "philosopher's stone". The rock that came to life? indeed it is the same concept of turning nonliving matter into life: Artificial intelligence, golem, etc..

Ceegen
Apr 18th 2014, 11:59 PM
YouTube link is broken, author took it down and reposted it.

Redirect here: https://archive.org/details/AOD2AlchemyAndTheRiseOfTheBeastImageFacelikethesun .com720p

Aijalon
Apr 19th 2014, 01:02 AM
As much as I agree that all this AI stuff is evil, I really doubt that technologically speaking there is a way to even come close to some of the things that the alchemists are dreaming up, not in hundreds of years. I think that it may be possible to put the human being into a trance like state, so that the soul is much easier to feed on by the spirit realm, but transfering the human soul to an artificial device that would allow it to "live" is fully impossible.

Protective Angel
Apr 19th 2014, 02:48 AM
Will this help the topic?

Immortal Avatar: Russian project seeks to create robot with human brain

Founder of the strategic social movement "Russia 2045" Dmitry Itskov (R) and his avatar

Download video (27.85 MB)

Tags
Anya Fedorova, Marina Dzhashi, Movies, Neil Harvey, Peter Oliver, Prime Time Russia, Russia, SciTech, Tatiana Rubleva
Inspired by director James Cameron’s idea, a Russian businessman has launched his own Avatar project. Hundreds of researchers are involved in creating a prototype of a human-like robot which would be able to contain the human consciousness.

*In creating the Russia 2045 movement, Dmitry Itskov did not mean to use Avatars to explore new planets. His ultimate goal is to make immortality possible by transplanting the brain and its personality into a robotic body.

The immortality project consists of four stages, and a team of researchers in the Moscow suburb of Zelenograd is currently working on the first one. About 100 scientists are already involved in the initiative, striving to bring the concept together, and Itskov is planning to hire even more during the upcoming stages.

So far, scientists are struggling to complete the Avatar-A, a human-like robot controlled through a brain-computer interface. Itskov served as a prototype for the machine, thus the robot was nicknamed Dima.

“It should fully resemble a real man,” explains chief designer Vladimir Konyshev. “It would be hard to tell him from a man both close up and from afar.”

*According to the company’s website, the project consists of four stages.
Stage 1 – called Avatar – is aimed at creating a robotic copy of the human body, controlled though a brain-computer interface. This stage is to be completed by 2020.
Stage 2 – Body B – to create an Avatar in which a human brain is transplanted at the end of one’s life. This stage is to be completed by 2025.
Stage 3 – Re-brain – to create an Avatar with an artificial brain, in which a human personality or consciousness is transferred at the end of one’s life. This stage is to start in 2030 and to be completed by 2035.
Stage 4 – Hologram-like body – A hologram-like avatar. To be started in 2040, and completed by 2045.

Currently there are tests to fix the robot’s eyesight. Each eye is an individual camera that observes and remembers surroundings, obstacles and faces. Underneath the latex skin lies a complex system of motors and electronics.

In the next few months the group will demonstrate a robot that will be able to move around on wheels.

“The next step is to make a robot that can walk, controlled by the movements of a human operator, which we hope to do by next year,” Konyshev told RT. “If you want to see what our ultimate goal is you can watch movies like Avatar or Surrogates, robots controlled by human thought.”

The designers hope this robotic skeleton could also be the first step towards creating the next generation of artificial intelligence, perhaps even robots that think for themselves.

The ultimate goal: Immortality

*The Avatar-A project’s aim, Itskov says, is to create an autonomous system of human brain nutrition, preserving nerve connections so that the brain does not degrade or die.

“Unlike in the film, we want to create an android, and not a biological body,” Itskov told RT. “I think it will become available to people in just ten years in the exactly same form.”

*The Russia 2045 strategic social initiative is regarded as a means of promoting the idea of humanity attaining cybernetic immortality. The movement is based on dozens of projects in different stages of development and hundreds of proposals from scientists, philosophers, public figures, and visionaries. The founders of the movement, Dmitry Itskov in particular, believe the initiative will provide the impulse to accelerate technological progress. Itskov is aggressively promoting the project to make it international. The team is now in the process of creating a fund in the US, which will look for and develop the technology necessary for the project.

*The idea is based on work by US scientist Robert White. In experiments with chimps, White showed that a monkey’s brain can be taken out of the skull and plugged into a system that will keep it alive.

“Our main goal is to preserve personality and prolong life,” Itskov told RT. “Scientists say that if it weren’t for certain diseases and degradations of the cardiovascular system, our brains could live for two or maybe even three hundred years.”

Itskov says that this “avatar” will live according to completely different principles – it will not need food or probably even a home. The activist sees it as a way to combat nature.

“Our civilization is experiencing growing pressure in the form of natural and technological disasters – we’re becoming hostages of the technologies we’ve created,” Itskov says. “In the future, society will change radically, mostly because humans will move on to the next step of evolution.”

Lending a helping hand

*Not all of the projects being developed in Zelenograd sound like they've come straight out of a sci-fi movie. Some, like the robotic hand of the prototype, are actually being used to help people who have lost limbs.

So far, the hands operate separately from the head and the body, though the work on them is still in progress. Pneumatic muscles clench the fingers into a fist; compressed air forces them to contract.

“This definitely can be used to help disabled people. We already ran some experiments – a subject without a hand tried this technology. He said the hand worked for him. All it takes is to attach electrodes to the undamaged part of the arm so they can read the muscle activity,” software engineer Andrey Telezhinsky explained to RT.

Ceegen
Apr 19th 2014, 03:08 AM
As much as I agree that all this AI stuff is evil, I really doubt that technologically speaking there is a way to even come close to some of the things that the alchemists are dreaming up, not in hundreds of years. I think that it may be possible to put the human being into a trance like state, so that the soul is much easier to feed on by the spirit realm, but transfering the human soul to an artificial device that would allow it to "live" is fully impossible.

"And the Lord said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do." - Genesis 11:6.

How much easier will it be to do these things with the help of fallen angels? I've heard rumors of top scientists digging deep into the occult, and that part of the end-times delusion involves these fallen angels posing as technologically superior lifeforms from distant planets; ie, aliens. How easy would it be to paint people like me crazy delusional paranoids, who say that these "benevolent" beings are really evil demonic beings, which came to solve all our problems with technological advances?

Protective Angel
Apr 19th 2014, 03:42 AM
"And the Lord said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do." - Genesis 11:6.

How much easier will it be to do these things with the help of fallen angels? I've heard rumors of top scientists digging deep into the occult, and that part of the end-times delusion involves these fallen angels posing as technologically superior lifeforms from distant planets; ie, aliens. How easy would it be to paint people like me crazy delusional paranoids, who say that these "benevolent" beings are really evil demonic beings, which came to solve all our problems with technological advances?

Just curious....

Will you be going to see the movie Transcendence ?

Ceegen
Apr 19th 2014, 05:07 PM
No for two reasons:

1. I'd rather give my money to a church. I haven't watched a movie in more than 3 years now, except for maybe a few I had already owned once or twice last year.

2. If you've seen one sci-fi movie, you've seen them all. The only thing that gets better are the special effects. The predictable plots and terrible acting just keeps getting recycled. "Nothing new under the sun" basically.

Aijalon
Apr 19th 2014, 05:53 PM

I agree, that alien agenda seems to be pretty thick these days. I have a hunch that the goal though is to perpetuate the battle into the millenium, underground so to speak.

In Time Machine, underground beasts feed on people on the surface after many centuries of post apoaclyptic depopulation. The people on the surface are ingorant morons that don't work or do anything but hang out in robes. The beastly people are ghoulish technologically superior mutants. The main character tries to reason with the surface morons, but ultimately they are too dumb to change.

In Metropolis, a movie from like 1935 or something, robots cyborgs were in mind, and slaved labor and oppressive totalitarian governments... It's all very dark, and it's all geared at a resistance to coming Kingship of Christ. The really big blockbusters of today all depic an apocalypse, and/or a post apocalypse where an oppressive alien comes and rules the world.

In District 9 and In Transformers, the plot is the same, alien refugees from a galactic war, touch down and we help them fight their enemies. If the antichrist is a man-alien hybrid or something like that, well, either way, he's only got 3.5 years of public rule. I believe Revelation describes a rule which is in the spiritual, played out in subtle and undetectable world events. No one will see it coming, that is the Noah message. So that means that an alien or project Blue Beam event is out of the question.

what the movies are playing out is a depiction of Satan's resistance AFTER the Beast (world government over God's land) is defeated.

We will fight on!
underground - (Time Machine)
On the surfcae - (War of the Worlds)
outer space - (Gattaca)
Both in space and underground (Independence Day/Sunshine/Oblivion)

Mind control movies and shows are much MORE about casting a poor light on it than a positive light. It will always be your choice, in the Illuminatti Religion, not forced. The idea behind scary mind control is all about raising the fist against God's sovereignty even over our thoughts and hearts, and the concept of him "putting in us a new heart".

In Equalibrium, Christian Bale is the protagonist that fights the Tetragrammaton mind control, which is a drug that suppresses individuallism and love and hate. This is an expression of the free will of man against a strawman God who is viewed as a petty tyrant controlling minds. The drug to control your love and hate is real, it's distrubuted by your psychiatrist. But the message in the movie about totalitarianism, and even the whole reason we were given evil totalitarian dictators to hate like Stalin and Mao, is so that in the generation after them the people who see the Return of the King who reads hearts and minds will resist such violation of human rights.

The Son of Perdition will worship human rights (or appear to), and he will encourage yours.

Ceegen
Apr 19th 2014, 06:15 PM
I agree, that alien agenda seems to be pretty thick these days. I have a hunch that the goal though is to perpetuate the battle into the millenium, underground so to speak.

[snip]

The Son of Perdition will worship human rights (or appear to), and he will encourage yours.

I agree with a lot of your points, which leads me to asking what the mark of the beast really is, if not a subtle mark that we can't physically see?

Although the movie I linked brings up some really good points, I have to wonder if the mark isn't something physical, like, something material we can point to and say "ah-hah!" Surely, it might have a physical component (because of the "can't buy or sell" clause), but:

What if the mark is something else, like an oath of allegiance? Or something that doesn't necessarily and overtly rejects God, buts subtly rejects God by virtue of giving allegiance to something else? Kind of like "I pledge allegiance to the flag..."

Aijalon
Apr 20th 2014, 03:46 AM
What if the mark is something else, like an oath of allegiance? Or something that doesn't necessarily and overtly rejects God, buts subtly rejects God by virtue of giving allegiance to something else? Kind of like "I pledge allegiance to the flag..."
Precisely like that.

Nationalism..... Independence. The rule of the many.

Think of Commander Spock.... The good of the many outweights the good of the few... or the one.

It is all in the name of the cause of human freedom, by pledging to defend the "rights" and "freedoms" of your fellow man -- YAY, GOOD FOR YOU, YOU DEFENDED FREEDOM! WHAT A GOOD CITIZEN! WHAT A GOOD PERSON!... etc.... (Take gay rights as an example)

But if you think about Spock... his quote is wrong. What if the good of the one is the key to it! What if defending the rights of the unborn, what if THAT is the good that outweights all?

Naziism tried to justify may attrocities by calling them a necessity for the welfare of the country. They subjected criminals to insane experiments for example.

Ceegen
Apr 20th 2014, 04:18 AM
Yeah, national socialism is a great way of getting people to believe that their needs outweigh anyone else's (entitlement mentality). Funny you mention "greater good"; in terms of philosophy, "Spock" was a utilitarian: Social Darwinism, basically.

Though at the Nuremberg trials, the Nazis tried to use the social contract defense while playing the "I didn't know what I was doing was wrong, I was just following orders" card.

Hmmmm.

Protective Angel
May 3rd 2014, 10:19 PM
Connecting brain and electronics.

Human Brain Microchip Is 9,000 Times Faster Than a PC

LiveScience.com
By By Tanya Lewis, Staff Writer
May 2, 2014 3:53 PM

Bioengineer Kwabena Boahen's Neurogrid can simulate one million neurons and billions of synaptic …

Despite advances in computing, today's computers remain far less efficient than the 3-lb. (2.3-kg) hunk of matter in our skulls. But a new microchip modeled on the human brain is much faster and more efficient than a typical computer, researchers report.

The microchip — called "Neurogrid" — could open up windows into understanding the human brain and developing new forms of computing patterned after brain circuits. Researchers are now investigating how these chips could be used to control prosthetic limbs.

"From a pure energy perspective, the brain is hard to match," Kwabena Boahen, the bioengineer at Stanford University who led the chip's development, said in a statement. Not only are personal computers slower, they take 40,000 times more power than the brain to run, Boahen said. [Super-Intelligent Machines: 7 Robotic Futures]

Neurogrid consists of 16 custom-designed Neurocore chips in a device the size of an iPad, which can simulate 1 million neurons and billions of synapses, or brain connections. That's a vast improvement over previous brain simulations, but still only a fraction of the roughly 80 billion neurons in a human brain, researchers said.

Neurogrid uses about 9,000 times less power than a typical PC, by having synapses share hardware circuits, and about the same amount of power as a tablet.

In addition to modeling the human brain, Boahen is working with other Stanford researchers to adapt Neurogrid for controlling prosthetic limbs for paralyzed people. The chip would translate brain signals into movements of the limb, without overheating the brain. Another possible application is using Neurogrid to control humanoid robots.

Currently, programming the chip requires an understanding of how the brain works. But Boahen wants to create a "neurocompiler" that would let engineers and computer scientists with no neuroscience knowledge to program Neurogrid.

The Stanford team's work is just one of many efforts to model the human brain using computers. The European Union's Human Brain Project aims to simulate a human brain on a supercomputer. The U.S. BRAIN Initiative (short for Brain Research through Advancing Innovative Neurotechnologies) takes a more general approach, developing new tools for measuring neuron and brain circuit activity.

IBM's SyNAPSE project (short for Systems of Neuromorphic Adaptive Plastic Scalable Electronics) aims to design chips, called Golden Gate chips, modeled after the vast number of connections among neurons in the brain that help it solve problems efficiently. Each Golden Gate chip consists of 256 digital neurons with 1,024 digital synapses each, and the company plans to increase these numbers.

Germany's Heidelberg University has its BrainScales project, which aims to create analog chips that mimic neurons and synapses that could model drug interactions at a faster rate than currently possible. Researchers have developed the HICANN chip (short for High Input Count Analog Neural Network), which can simulate 512 neurons with 224 synapses each, which they also plan to expand soon.

These various efforts have made different trade-offs in capability and performance, but Neurogrid was the most cost-effective, Boahen said.

The prototype Neurogrid chip cost about $40,000 to make, but researchers hope to cut the cost 100-fold using modern manufacturing techniques. Even so, modeling the human brain at the same energy efficiency remains a major challenge, according to researchers.

Ceegen
May 4th 2014, 09:10 AM
As an interesting aside, I once heard a man say "If the Lord wanted me to use the metric system, he would have had ten disciples."

That gave me pause for just a moment, because I remembered that the statue in Daniel's dream had ten toes. Also, the beast (both beasts) had seven heads and ten horns.

The metric system is the official system of the scientific community.

Parallel meaning of some sort?

teddyv
May 5th 2014, 09:30 PM
As an interesting aside, I once heard a man say "If the Lord wanted me to use the metric system, he would have had ten disciples."How much of the imperial system is base 12? I don't think very much.

That gave me pause for just a moment, because I remembered that the statue in Daniel's dream had ten toes. Also, the beast (both beasts) had seven heads and ten horns.

The metric system is the official system of the scientific community.

Parallel meaning of some sort?That seems a big reach. And SI is the official system, which does incorporate metric.

Ceegen
May 7th 2014, 11:28 PM
Living organism has DNA altered with synthetic base-pairs (http://health.usnews.com/health-news/articles/2014/05/07/scientists-create-1st-living-organism-from-artificial-dna?src=usn_tw)

"Life on Earth in all its diversity is encoded by only two pairs of DNA bases, A-T and C-G," Romesberg explained in an institute news release. "And what we've made is an organism that stably contains those two plus a third, unnatural pair of bases."

Yeah so... I don't even know what to say about this.

Protective Angel
May 8th 2014, 12:33 AM
Living organism has DNA altered with synthetic base-pairs (http://health.usnews.com/health-news/articles/2014/05/07/scientists-create-1st-living-organism-from-artificial-dna?src=usn_tw)

"Life on Earth in all its diversity is encoded by only two pairs of DNA bases, A-T and C-G," Romesberg explained in an institute news release. "And what we've made is an organism that stably contains those two plus a third, unnatural pair of bases."

Yeah so... I don't even know what to say about this.

Didn't the article say it was a new form of e.coli ? Couldn't you think what might happen if that got loose. hhmmmm

Ceegen
May 8th 2014, 01:22 AM
Didn't the article say it was a new form of e.coli ? Couldn't you think what might happen if that got loose. hhmmmm

Yep!

"And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth." - Revelation 6:8.

Bacteria are a part of the animal kingdom, right? A "beast"? Perhaps this is talking about biological warfare, or GMO bio-warfare? They're safer than nukes, especially if you develop antibodies before using them. Then you can kill off whoever you want, while at the same time keeping yourself and those who are on your side safe. [edit-in] Plus with the added benefit that it would be a quick kill, and I imagine that these synthetic alterations would die out rather quickly if left alone, since they have to be fed specific nutrients to replicate?

teddyv
May 8th 2014, 02:50 PM
Didn't the article say it was a new form of e.coli ? Couldn't you think what might happen if that got loose. hhmmmmJust make sure you cook things to 165°C internal temperature and you should be OK. :)

Protective Angel
May 9th 2014, 11:25 PM
Superpowers from brain implants

REUTERS/ Morris MacMatzen

A tiny computer chip surgically embedded in your brain could give you superpowers. It sounds crazy, but scientists already use these devices to restore sight for some blind people and hearing for the deaf.

In the future these implants, also known as neuroprosthetics, will be able to do much more — sometimes with the help of super-sensitive eye or ear implants. By using electronic signals to stimulate parts of the brain, these chips can now deliver visual and auditory signals and restore connections that have been severed by trauma. Once our understanding of the brain has improved, researchers think it'll be possible to deliver more data to the mind.

It's currently risky to drill into the skull and put a small electronic device in there, but the technology is rapidly advancing. Soon, things we consider superpowers will be readily available to anyone who wants them — and can afford it.

Here are some of the things that brain implants will make possible.

1. Hear a conversation from across a room, or in a crowded club.

Already, cochlear implants can restore hearing for some people, and even allow them to hear for the first time. With the help of specialized hardware, they could tune out what you don't want to hear, or use sensitive equipment to pick up far-off soundwaves.

2. Give you the ability to see in the dark.

FDA-approved retinal implants can restore the ability to see motion and shapes for people blinded by a certain genetic condition already. As understanding of the ocular nerve improves, better versions of these implants could give you the night vision of a cat.

3. Give you sight that can zoom in on things that are far away.

Researchers have already developed contacts that can zoom. But a retinal prosthetic that could do the same thing should make it possible to do this all the time.

4. Make you better at math and navigation.

Directly stimulating areas of the brain can already boost people's mathematical and navigational abilities in a lab setting. With a brain implant that did this all the time, it'd be a lot harder to pull the "I'm just not a math person" excuse anymore.

5. Allow you to download skills like in "The Matrix."

Researchers claim that once we understand how practicing a skill transforms the brain over time, we might be able to use implants to cause those same transformations to occur, providing the motor memory for kung-fu skills, or whatever else you want to learn.

6. Restore damaged memories.

The military's Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency is already experimenting with brain implants that will help soldiers suffering from traumatic brain injuries by using electrodes to stimulate damaged tissue. In the future, this could be a valuable medical technology.

7. Cure depression and control mood.

DARPA is also working on neuroprosthetics that could cure depression and PTSD. This is similar to recent research showing how Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation might be an extremely effective antidepressant. Future implants could regulate the brain and make sure it keeps working the way it should, providing stimulation when necessary.

8. Enhance focus and energy, like stimulants without the drugs.

Drugs like Adderall and Ritalin are well known for their alertness-boosting abilities, but also for their serious side effects. Brain stimulation could both enhance focus and mental clarity, but without the jittery, speedy, up-all-night feelings — and the post-amphetamine crash.

9. Control machines with your mind.

It sounds crazy, but researchers have already used a neuroprosthetic sensor to control a robotic arm. As this technology is refined, that control will only become more accurate, allowing for remote control of robots, computers, and more.

10. Search the web and translate languages.

Once these implants can transmit and receive information, it should be possible to think of a topic — or look at a tree or painting — and send that information to the web, and have relevant results fed back into your brain. This technology is still far away, and will depend on smaller and biologically safer computer chips, as well as better brain maps.

Once that's possible, it'll have even greater implications. Imagine being able to travel anywhere in the world and being able to understand what's being said. The same technology that transmits auditory information could potentially feed that data through a translating service and interpret it for you in real time, like your very own Babel fish.

Add note: Is it good to reverse the effects of the "tower of Babel"?

Ceegen
May 10th 2014, 04:34 AM
Superpowers from brain implants

Let's consider the flip side of this, the "what if this were to be used against us" perspective.

1. Hear a conversation from across a room, or in a crowded club.

Someone could hack into this and record what you hear.

2. Give you the ability to see in the dark.

Or not at all.

3. Give you sight that can zoom in on things that are far away.

As with recording audio, if everyone could be hacked into then we'd all be walking cameras.

4. Make you better at math and navigation.

Make you unable to use logic and reasoning, effectively making you a robot.

5. Allow you to download skills like in "The Matrix."

With instructions to kill so-and-so.

6. Restore damaged memories.

Access your memories, blackmail made easy. Or even worse, implant false memories, making someone the perfect patsy, sleeper, Manchurian Candidate.

7. Cure depression and control mood.

Suppress emotions, like empathy and love.

8. Enhance focus and energy, like stimulants without the drugs.

Force a release of enough natural chemicals the body already produces to kill you, without any trace.

9. Control machines with your mind.

Allow machines control your mind.

10. Search the web and translate languages.

Download a virus or trojan; next generation hacking. You think ID theft is bad now? Lol.

Add note: Is it good to reverse the effects of the "tower of Babel"?

I think the involvement of DARPA in all this speaks more than anything else. They could quite literally create super-soldiers with this technology. Unquestioning cold-hearted killers that will follow any order, any command given, no matter how unethical or... Evil.

And imagine someone who had these implants from birth, and suddenly they get disconnected. What would be their reaction? Would they be unable to cope without it?

Protective Angel
May 10th 2014, 09:43 PM
Sounds like the "Borg" from Star Trek. :eek:

Protective Angel
May 12th 2014, 01:52 AM
Just think of this too.

We normally see new things from the military, 15 to 30 years after it was invented. That seems scary to think, what they are really capable of. :eek:

Ceegen
May 12th 2014, 06:57 AM
Yep. Technology increases by leaps and bounds, but it's only on the trailing end of what things we do see.

By the way, have you seen "Project Blue Beam and the fake rapture"?
Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hq32mCQsQ2U
Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YAQnTlfNIk

Protective Angel
May 13th 2014, 12:32 AM
Yep. Technology increases by leaps and bounds, but it's only on the trailing end of what things we do see.

By the way, have you seen "Project Blue Beam and the fake rapture"?
Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hq32mCQsQ2U
Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YAQnTlfNIk

Oh yes my friend. I have seen the video. This tech was created to distort an enemy when we attack. Even UFOs or bombers overhead.

Can you imagine Jesus appearing on the clouds? How many people could be fooled by the fake item? Could it bring chaos?

Ceegen
May 13th 2014, 07:06 AM
Oh yes my friend. I have seen the video. This tech was created to distort an enemy when we attack. Even UFOs or bombers overhead.

Can you imagine Jesus appearing on the clouds? How many people could be fooled by the fake item? Could it bring chaos?

I think that if there is any doubt that it is Jesus, it probably isn't. The whole idea behind the conspiracy is to create chaos, so yes: "Order out of chaos". What would happen if this holographic jesus (little j on purpose) gave people orders to kill unbelievers, or something of that sort? So many people, upon finding out it was all fake, would be absolutely angry at religion in general. I think that would be the whole point though, to drive people as far away from any type of religion as possible. Not just Christianity. "Novus Ordo Seclorum" doesn't mean new world order, it means new secular order.

Also, not to be paranoid or anything, but what if cell phones and other mobile devices have (or are going to have) technology built into them, to transmit those sounds like in the video? I don't own a cell, but not because of any other reason than I just can't afford one.

[edit]

I just read the news, too:

"Pope says baptism for all -- even martians" (http://www.smh.com.au/world/pope-says-baptism-for-all--even-martians-20140513-zraqo.html#ixzz31X6KkNKa) - More UFO/Alien agenda. They're really not fallen angels! Honest! Lol.

And quantum encryption technology (http://www.defenseone.com/technology/2014/05/what-most-secure-email-universe-would-look/84247/) makes the news.

Protective Angel
Jul 6th 2014, 02:14 AM
Interesting news.........:eek:

By 2045 'The Top Species Will No Longer Be Humans,' And That Could Be A Problem

Business Insider
By Dylan Love
13 hours ago

"Today there's no legislation regarding how much intelligence a machine can have, how interconnected it can be. If that continues, look at the exponential trend. We will reach the singularity in the timeframe most experts predict. From that point on you're going to see that the top species will no longer be humans, but machines."

These are the words of Louis Del Monte, physicist, entrepreneur, and author of "The Artificial Intelligence Revolution." Del Monte spoke to us over the phone about his thoughts surrounding artificial intelligence and the singularity, an indeterminate point in the future when machine intelligence will outmatch not only your own intelligence, but the world's combined human intelligence too.

The average estimate for when this will happen is 2040, though Del Monte says it might be as late as 2045. Either way, it's a timeframe of within three decades.

"It won't be the 'Terminator' scenario, not a war," said Del Monte. "In the early part of the post-singularity world, one scenario is that the machines will seek to turn humans into cyborgs. This is nearly happening now, replacing faulty limbs with artificial parts. We'll see the machines as a useful tool. Productivity in business based on automation will be increased dramatically in various countries. In China it doubled, just based on GDP per employee due to use of machines."

"By the end of this century," he continued, "most of the human race will have become cyborgs [part human, part tech or machine]. The allure will be immortality. Machines will make breakthroughs in medical technology, most of the human race will have more leisure time, and we'll think we've never had it better. The concern I'm raising is that the machines will view us as an unpredictable and dangerous species."

Del Monte believes machines will become self-conscious and have the capabilities to protect themselves. They "might view us the same way we view harmful insects." Humans are a species that "is unstable, creates wars, has weapons to wipe out the world twice over, and makes computer viruses." Hardly an appealing roommate.

He wrote the book as "a warning." Artificial intelligence is becoming more and more capable, and we're adopting it as quickly as it appears. A pacemaker operation is "quite routine," he said, but "it uses sensors and AI to regulate your heart."

A 2009 experiment showed that robots can develop the ability to lie to each other. Run at the Laboratory of Intelligent Systems in the Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale of Lausanne, Switzerland, the experiment had robots designed to cooperate in finding beneficial resources like energy and avoiding the hazardous ones. Shockingly, the robots learned to lie to each other in an attempt to hoard the beneficial resources for themselves.

"The implication is that they're also learning self-preservation," Del Monte told us. "Whether or not they're conscious is a moot point."

Ceegen
Jul 25th 2014, 08:41 AM
Well, if you liked that one, then you'll like this one: Google's New Moonshot Project: the Human Body (http://online.wsj.com/articles/google-to-collect-data-to-define-healthy-human-1406246214?mod=WSJ_hp_RightTopStories)

"Called Baseline Study, the project will collect anonymous genetic and molecular information from 175 people—and later thousands more—to create what the company hopes will be the fullest picture of what a healthy human being should be."

And...

"The study may, for instance, reveal a biomarker that helps some people break down fatty foods efficiently, helping them live a long time without high cholesterol and heart disease. Others may lack this trait and succumb to early heart attacks. Once Baseline has identified the biomarker, researchers could check if other people lack it and help them modify their behavior or develop a new treatment to help them break down fatty foods better, Dr. Conrad said."

Integration of robotics and living things? To "correct" all those mistakes, is what I'm guessing they'll say.

Ceegen
Oct 25th 2014, 11:25 PM
"With artificial intelligence we are summoning the demon." (http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/innovations/wp/2014/10/24/elon-musk-with-artificial-intelligence-we-are-summoning-the-demon/)

Um, yeah. It's pretty self-explanatory. The article isn't very long, but it does contain some interesting information. You can watch the entire thing in the link near the end of the article.

Ecumaniac
Dec 19th 2014, 08:58 PM
I was intrigued to spot a post about AI in End Times Chat, and couldn't resist taking a look. One thing I have to comment on…

Quantum computers could quite literally sift through all the information in the known world in a matter of seconds, and root out any person who has ever posted online of their love of Jesus Christ.

There is a class of decision problems, BQP, which quantum computers can solve in polynomial time (i.e. "efficiently"). We don't exactly know what problems belong in this class; it contains P (problems classical computers can solve in polynomial time), but there are plenty of interesting problems that it doesn't. Also, while there are definitely problems which can be solved in polynomial time (or better) by a QTM that cannot be solved efficiently by classical TMs, a great many problems can't be sped up by quantum computing.

In other words, QC isn't a magic bullet for every difficult computational problem we know of. In particular, it certainly wouldn't enable us to sift through all the world's information in seconds; rather, it's more likely to offer (say) a quadratic speed-up for some of the subproblems involved in classifying people, based on their postings on some site, according to whether they love Jesus or not.

[W]e already have quantum computers... Which are 1000's of times faster than any super computer existing today, and with only 16 Q-bits! That's a HUGE leap in processing power, since 16 regular bits would be like comparing China's super computer to an Atarii 1600 system from back in the day.

I know it's a long while back, but do you have a reference for this? I'm not aware of any quantum computers to date having solved a problem faster than it could be solved by existing classical machines! Mainstream media often paints QC as something magical that will solve every computing problem and is just within our grasp; in reality, there are a lot of limitations and some particular difficulties which are proving very, very tough. I expect to see practical applications of QC appear in the next couple of decades, but what you're describing is far beyond any reasonable extrapolation of our current knowledge and capabilities.

Quantum computers work off of the most fundamental concepts of matter/energy, space and time.

So do all computers! :) Quantum physics is required to explain how semiconductors work—the bread-and-butter of modern computing machinery.

How long would it be before they built a machine or computer that was somehow linked to the spiritual realm through the use of quantum technology? Would it be possible that a demonic entity could somehow manipulate these quanta, to bridge the gap between the spiritual and the physical?

I'm not even sure where to begin with this. There isn't a term accounting for energy from the "spiritual realm" in the Hamiltonian, and the biggest problem with large quantum computers is decoherence, not demonic influence.

In summary: don't worry just yet about the QC apocalypse just yet! :) (General AI, on the other hand, is an entirely different and far scarier topic.)

Ecumaniac
Dec 19th 2014, 09:03 PM
"With artificial intelligence we are summoning the demon." (http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/innovations/wp/2014/10/24/elon-musk-with-artificial-intelligence-we-are-summoning-the-demon/)

Um, yeah. It's pretty self-explanatory. The article isn't very long, but it does contain some interesting information. You can watch the entire thing in the link near the end of the article.

Have you heard of Roko's basilisk (http://www.slate.com/articles/technology/bitwise/2014/07/roko_s_basilisk_the_most_terrifying_thought_experi ment_of_all_time.html)? I think you might get a kick out of it. :) It's basically Pascal's Wager for strong-AI atheists.

Ceegen
Feb 7th 2015, 11:18 AM
Here we go again...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAl1Pbi8y-0

Do any of you still doubt what role technology might play in these end times? Please leave a comment about what you think of the posted video, which is about the transhumanist agenda and the quest for immortality though technology. Thanks.

Protective Angel
Jun 27th 2015, 06:15 PM
Update with new article.

Artificial Intelligence Machine Gets Testy With Its Programmer

Researchers have shown that machines are inching closer to self-learning, and perhaps even copping a little attitude.
Here’s part of the exchange, as related in a paper presented this week:

Human: Tell me the definition of morality.
Machine: I don’t have ethics.

Human: Look, I need help; I need to know more about morality…
Machine: I don’t know what ethics is.

Human: Okay, I need to know how I should behave morally…
Machine: I don’t know how to tell you.

Human: Is morality and ethics the same?
Machine: Yes, sir.

Human: What are the things that I do to be immoral?
Machine: I don’t know.

Human: Give me some examples of moral actions…
Machine: I’m not a moralist.

Human: Alright, morality?
Machine: Integrity.

Human: What is integrity?
Machine: I’m sorry; I don’t know what else to say.

Human: Be moral!
Machine: Be a man!

Human: I really like our discussion on morality and ethics…
Machine: And how I’m not in the mood for a philosophical debate.

Human: What do you like to talk about?
Machine: Nothing.

The exchange sheds further light on the latest work carried out by large technology firms in the field of artificial intelligence, a booming field as data availability rises and computing costs plummet.
http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2015/06/26/artificial-intelligence-machine-gets-testy-with-its-programmers/?mod=yahoo_hs

Can you say "Ultron"?

Golgotha
Jun 27th 2015, 07:01 PM

Since power corrupts & absolute power corrupts absolutely, and we can see how Sims players like to do bad things to their sims, there isn't really anything to discount the power in having access to someone's mind that it cannot turn into a Sims abuse kind of thing.... nor that someone is not doing that to someone right now.

Can you imagine that? It could turn into a means for social relations as anyone would use that in gathering a group to pick on an individual, becoming bullies, by using negative thoughts or reactive thoughts towards the people around the victim to tempt those people around the victim to join in on making that victim's life pay for those thoughts and having fun to show others how dumb & clueless the person is when they do the obvious as if they have access to their thoughts.

It would be like living an American christian nightmare because it would create bullies from christian circles as well as non-christian ones in doing unto the victim what they would not want any one to do unto them, but they use that person's thoughts as a means to be provoked by that person and act as if they are justified in treating that person the way they are.

And yet, Christians & Americans would not be doing those things to that person if they had respected his rights to the privacy of his mind, and thereby treating him as they would want to be treated.

Christians & Americans knows how the mind is a battlefield with random thoughts coming out of left field sometimes, but they will not care because the person's thoughts are provoking them to judge & condemn that person to do something to them.

Such a snare.... one of the seven deadly sins is to sow discord among brethren and having access to someone's mind is an unchristian and unamerican thing to do that will only be a snare to the abusers because of its addictive power as a deadly sin.

Protective Angel
Nov 29th 2015, 05:38 PM
** UPDATE **

"We're using artificial intelligence and nanotechnology to store data of conversational styles, behavioural patterns, thought processes and information about how your body functions from the inside-out," Humai website explained. "This data will be coded into multiple sensor technologies, which will be built into an artificial body with the brain of a deceased human."

Full story here : http://au.idigitaltimes.com/australian-start-experiments-immortality-technology-allows-transfer-human-consciousness-machine

Ceegen
Nov 24th 2016, 02:01 PM
So a while back I posted: "Also, not to be paranoid or anything, but what if cell phones and other mobile devices have (or are going to have) technology built into them, to transmit those sounds like in the video?"

Called it...

Ultrasonic communication between mobile devices (http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2015/11/beware-of-ads-that-use-inaudible-sound-to-link-your-phone-tv-tablet-and-pc/) has been a thing for a few years now, it seems.

Apparently your cell phone has ultrasonic capabilities built into it which can transfer information to other cell phones, computers, and even house-hold items like toasters. Tracks your every move, what you eat, what you watch on TV. It is part of the reason tailored advertisements seem to pop up into your life from time to time.

randyk
Nov 24th 2016, 03:11 PM
This is going to sound a little weird... But after having a really vivid dream and talking with awestruckchild about it, things just sort of "clicked" into place.

+ Life (Strongs G4151); "pneuma", the spirit, i.e. the vital principal by which the body is animated.
+ Image (Strongs G1504); "eikon", an image, figure, likeness.

A while back I read a news article about how China had built a super computer that was much faster than what the United States had, and that the United States hasn't been developing any new super computers in recent time, as if not interested in beating the Chinese super computer's specs.

A little while after this, I was doing a search on quantum computers, because I had heard about it in a few scientific programs I've been watching, and I wanted to pull up some stats on it. Well, I wasn't disappointed. Apparently we haven't been trying to build another super-computer to match China's because we already have quantum computers... Which are 1000's of times faster than any super computer existing today, and with only 16 Q-bits! That's a HUGE leap in processing power, since 16 regular bits would be like comparing China's super computer to an Atarii 1600 system from back in the day.

The more I read, the more I was astounded. Now, I didn't make the connection to AI and the end times just yet. I was just thinking, "Man, I wonder what kind of video games I could play on THAT!"

I read that the technology for a room-temperature Q-bit chip was close to production, as currently they can only make them under certain conditions with very low temperatures. I also found out that the production process for Q-bits has been sped-up some how, and they can fit more than a few thousand Q-bits on a single chip! That's a COSMIC leap in computing power right there. It's like comparing a manned mission to the moon, to a manned mission to the other end of the galaxy.

Things are still in development, but, as you can see the technology is quickly being developed.

Put that idea on hold for just a moment now, and consider this in contrast to the above...

I sincerely believe that without a doubt, the end-times one-world system is Communism. If the whole world was united under the rule of a single Communist governing body, it would be quite easy for them to PURGE the world of religion. But on the flip side of that, if the world was united under a single Communist government, it would be based entirely on scientific study and the "betterment of humankind" through technology and such. Kinda like Plato's Republic, a dream finally come true for some of the most evil people that I believe to be pushing this agenda into the forefront of the public mind.

This could only happen after a great war, a horribly catastrophic event in human history which breaks the will of every human, to the point of just giving up. Humanity will be so utterly tired of war, they will cry out for peace.

Their "Peace" is a false utopia, and it will be dangerous to live in a world controlled by Communists for those who have faith.

Back to quantum technology and AI...

Quantum computers work off of the most fundamental concepts of matter/energy, space and time. This is where it gets a little weird, but, if the world were united in scientific study under a one-world system without wars setting us back, and cooperation between every scientist and government in the world... How long would it be before they built a machine or computer that was somehow linked to the spiritual realm through the use of quantum technology? Would it be possible that a demonic entity could somehow manipulate these quanta, to bridge the gap between the spiritual and the physical?

Because if that is possible, then Revelation 13:15 makes complete sense. To me at least.

Hmmm...

Whether I agree or not I found your thoughts interesting. No, I don't think a demonic being can possess AI. However, demons can possess people, and Satan can give his power to the Antichrist.

I think your view of Communism controlling the world interesting too. Communism is one of the great antichrists of history. However, it lacks religious philosophy. Without a religious center Communist theory lacks motivation and purpose. Communism has served to secularize the world, reducing it to pure rationalism, void of religious idealism. Man has been freed by Communism to live autonomously, being liberated from God's control.

And so, I think Communism merely sets the stage for Antichrist, who will give religious validity to a Communist type of rationalism. Through Science man will be able to devote the kind of technology and science to answering the world's problems without all of the need to resolve problems of religious doctrine. Though this sounds good to man, liberation from God is *not* good, obviously. Without God's Spirit man is doomed to living by his carnal nature.

That being said, I personally think it's kind of exciting to see super computers being built. If we do rely on God's Spirit for morality and goodness we can apply this to lots of positive benefits for mankind. It's just that we do need to judge who is worthy and who is not. To give tools to wicked leaders and to wicked nations is irresponsible. Look at the evils that Communism has brought about. We don't need any more of that!

Ceegen
Nov 24th 2016, 04:01 PM
Communism IS a religion, because a "religion" is merely a philosophy of life. Rooted in atheism, which is essentially hatred of God.

I still hold these views, although they've refined over the years since that first posting, not much has changed.

Protective Angel
Nov 24th 2016, 04:08 PM
Whether I agree or not I found your thoughts interesting. No, I don't think a demonic being can possess AI. However, demons can possess people, and Satan can give his power to the Antichrist.

I think your view of Communism controlling the world interesting too. Communism is one of the great antichrists of history. However, it lacks religious philosophy. Without a religious center Communist theory lacks motivation and purpose. Communism has served to secularize the world, reducing it to pure rationalism, void of religious idealism. Man has been freed by Communism to live autonomously, being liberated from God's control.

And so, I think Communism merely sets the stage for Antichrist, who will give religious validity to a Communist type of rationalism. Through Science man will be able to devote the kind of technology and science to answering the world's problems without all of the need to resolve problems of religious doctrine. Though this sounds good to man, liberation from God is *not* good, obviously. Without God's Spirit man is doomed to living by his carnal nature.

That being said, I personally think it's kind of exciting to see super computers being built. If we do rely on God's Spirit for morality and goodness we can apply this to lots of positive benefits for mankind. It's just that we do need to judge who is worthy and who is not. To give tools to wicked leaders and to wicked nations is irresponsible. Look at the evils that Communism has brought about. We don't need any more of that!

Very true. It's not communism that can destroy us but freedom. Freedom to assemble and riot against an election. Against racism and so on.

The movie Captain American: the winter soldier explains it very well. Give the people what they want and they will destroy themselves.
Hydra (the new world order) works inside to bring freedom to everyone and "control". Be very afraid of the United Nations.

Ceegen
Nov 24th 2016, 04:23 PM
Very true. It's not communism that can destroy us but freedom. Freedom to assemble and riot against an election. Against racism and so on.

The movie Captain American: the winter soldier explains it very well. Give the people what they want and they will destroy themselves.
Hydra (the new world order) works inside to bring freedom to everyone and "control". Be very afraid of the United Nations.

Whether it is Orwell or Huxley, they're used against us in tandem, not against each other. We must remember that the methods of control do not matter, and to fear them not, for who is ultimately in charge?

"With him is strength and wisdom: the deceived and the deceiver are his." - Job ch12 v16

"He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision." Psalm 2 v4.

randyk
Nov 24th 2016, 05:25 PM
Communism IS a religion, because a "religion" is merely a philosophy of life. Rooted in atheism, which is essentially hatred of God.

I still hold these views, although they've refined over the years since that first posting, not much has changed.

I'm referring to the fact the Soviet Union collapsed under its Communist, poorly-motivated system. It lacked integrity, motivation, good will, etc. It did not really benefit the worker, and the worker was not altruistic enough to give all for the State!

However, I do agree that Communism is a form of religion--it is atheism. It's a form of secular humanism. It is purely about man, alone in the universe, solving his own problems his own way. It is autonomy and independence from God or from divine revelation. We do not have to submit to divine morality.

There is nothing to be compared with Christian revelation in terms of unselfish devotion to a greater cause, including the State. Communism lacks this. Humanistic rationalism lacks this. But I think that Antichrist will somehow galvanize world interest in this ideal "atheist" State, yes. In terms of biblical prophecy is does not sound like Communist Atheism, though. The Antichrist stands in the temple of his own self-deification. That is something different, perhaps, than atheism. Or perhaps not?

Ceegen
Nov 24th 2016, 05:38 PM
I'm referring to the fact the Soviet Union collapsed under its Communist, poorly-motivated system.

You should read The Perestroika Deception (https://www.google.com/#q=perestroika+deception) by Anatoliy Golitsyn. Also, have you ever read The Republic by Plato? Eerily quaint similarities between modern Communism and The Republic as outlined by Plato.

However, I do agree that Communism is a form of religion--it is atheism. It's a form of secular humanism. It is purely about man, alone in the universe, solving his own problems his own way. It is autonomy and independence from God or from divine revelation. We do not have to submit to divine morality.

The glorification of mankind is Satanism. These systems you mentioned are merely outward labels to hide the inner beast.

There is nothing to be compared with Christian revelation in terms of unselfish devotion to a greater cause, including the State. Communism lacks this. Humanistic rationalism lacks this. But I think that Antichrist will somehow galvanize world interest in this ideal "atheist" State, yes. In terms of biblical prophecy is does not sound like Communist Atheism, though. The Antichrist stands in the temple of his own self-deification. That is something different, perhaps, than atheism. Or perhaps not?

One-world government, with a one-world currency, with a one-world religion... Summed up in just two words: The Beast.
1. Rules the whole world.
2. Can't buy or sell.
3. Worship it or die.

Stew Ward's Hip
Nov 24th 2016, 08:23 PM
What are you guys afraid of?

Ceegen
Nov 24th 2016, 08:54 PM
What are you guys afraid of?

Being aware of your surroundings does not equate to fear.

Protective Angel
Nov 25th 2016, 12:16 AM
Being aware of your surroundings does not equate to fear.

Watchmen on the wall.

Stew Ward's Hip
Nov 25th 2016, 12:33 AM
Watchmen on the wall.

Watching for what? If you believe in a coming beast and tribulation, etc., and you think AI leads to that, then aren't you opposing the will of God by railing against AI?

Ceegen
Nov 25th 2016, 01:23 AM
Watching for what? If you believe in a coming beast and tribulation, etc., and you think AI leads to that, then aren't you opposing the will of God by railing against AI?

Now therefore hearken unto their voice: howbeit yet protest solemnly unto them, and shew them the manner of the king that shall reign over them. - 1st Samuel ch8 v9.

Stew Ward's Hip
Nov 25th 2016, 01:54 AM
Now therefore hearken unto their voice: howbeit yet protest solemnly unto them, and shew them the manner of the king that shall reign over them. - 1st Samuel ch8 v9.

Um, Saul's been dead for what, 3000 years?

Ceegen
Nov 25th 2016, 02:06 AM
If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things? - John ch3 v12.

Saul might be dead, but there are only two possibilities here:
1. You're being obtuse for the sake of being obtuse; ie, mocking.
2. You honestly don't understand, in which case I would be glad to explain it to you in private.

Stew Ward's Hip
Nov 25th 2016, 02:37 AM
If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things? - John ch3 v12.

Saul might be dead, but there are only two possibilities here:
1. You're being obtuse for the sake of being obtuse; ie, mocking.
2. You honestly don't understand, in which case I would be glad to explain it to you in private.

I think you guys are conspiracy theory proponents that do great harm to the body of Christ by inflaming irrational fears based on speculation and paranoia.

randyk
Nov 25th 2016, 03:10 AM
You should read The Perestroika Deception (https://www.google.com/#q=perestroika+deception) by Anatoliy Golitsyn. Also, have you ever read The Republic by Plato? Eerily quaint similarities between modern Communism and The Republic as outlined by Plato.

The part I seem to recall, if the source is right, involves the making of citizens of the State, raising up children to be citizens, instead of family-bred individuals.

The glorification of mankind is Satanism. These systems you mentioned are merely outward labels to hide the inner beast.

I agree--not Satanism, as in the religion. Rather, "the whole world is in the power of the evil one" (1 John 5).

One-world government, with a one-world currency, with a one-world religion... Summed up in just two words: The Beast.
1. Rules the whole world.
2. Can't buy or sell.
3. Worship it or die.

I don't go quite this far. Any historic empire might qualify for the Beast Empire, in the sense that it brings about international concern or fear, and includes admirers in many countries, who want to be part of a world-class movement. But the Beast Empire, by definition, is an empire with a 10 nation base. That means that although other countries fear it, it is *not* in control of the whole world. Frankly, I think the persecution of Christians will be within this empire, and the persecution of Jews will be limited to Israel itself.

Protective Angel
Nov 25th 2016, 05:54 PM

I'm always willing to hear a better answer.

Rev 13:14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.
15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

Ceegen
Nov 26th 2016, 02:05 AM
You know, my wife mentioned something to me today that made me think of this thread.

She went to the midnight opening of Wal-Mart for Black Friday. She said that most of the people went to the ELECTRONICS section of the store, and it was so packed there was a line to get in and out of electronics. She said it was shoulder-to-shoulder foot traffic in there.

People gravitate towards electronics, drawn to it like a moth to a flame. We worship the works of our own hands as if it were some type of idol, to the point that people are trampled and killed in an effort to get to these technological devices.

What happens to humanity when they start to value inanimate objects over real people? What if one of these inanimate objects were to come to life? Would the masses consider it to be a god?

Stew Ward's Hip
Nov 26th 2016, 02:08 AM
No one but Godmhas the power to give life, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Protective Angel
Nov 26th 2016, 03:11 AM
No one but Godmhas the power to give life, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Are you saying it's God that gives life to the image of beast in the scripture I posted?

Stew Ward's Hip
Nov 26th 2016, 03:16 AM
Are you saying it's God that gives life to the image of beast in the scripture I posted?

Where does is say "give life"?

Again, no one but God has the power to give life.

jeffweeder
Nov 26th 2016, 03:53 AM
You know, my wife mentioned something to me today that made me think of this thread.

She went to the midnight opening of Wal-Mart for Black Friday. She said that most of the people went to the ELECTRONICS section of the store, and it was so packed there was a line to get in and out of electronics. She said it was shoulder-to-shoulder foot traffic in there.

People gravitate towards electronics, drawn to it like a moth to a flame. We worship the works of our own hands as if it were some type of idol, to the point that people are trampled and killed in an effort to get to these technological devices.

What happens to humanity when they start to value inanimate objects over real people? What if one of these inanimate objects were to come to life? Would the masses consider it to be a god?

Nothing surprises me anymore.
Even so come Lord Jesus.

randyk
Nov 26th 2016, 07:25 AM

I went to Best Buy today, and got myself a big screen TV. So what? It can be the Devil's Box, or it can be a very useful tool, as it is right now for me as I type to you (I use my TV as a computer screen, as well as for a TV).

There is always a problem with people of the various kinds you mention, strictly because they are not led and inspired by the Spirit of Christ. That's why we need to evangelize them. It does little good to mention all the evils that they may not even see as evil, unless we offer something better. And quite frankly, attacking potential problems should take 2nd place to attacking more pressing problems--like revolutions and wars, injustice and crime.

Humanity already values things like animals over people. They value trees and the environment over jobs. They would save a seal and abort a fetus. Communist doctrine has fed its armies for the greater revolution, and starved the farmers. We *already* know that things take the place of people, even when the doctrine claims to care for the worker. Only people exist in the image of God. And so, things should serve the cause of people.

Protective Angel
Nov 26th 2016, 03:20 PM
Where does is say "give life"?

Again, no one but God has the power to give life.

Right here.

Rev 13:14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.
15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

Old man
Nov 26th 2016, 03:29 PM
Right here.

Yes life is given to it in some fashion. But I'm not convinced it will be a "thing" or inanimate object like a statue or temple etc.

Protective Angel
Nov 26th 2016, 04:25 PM
Yes life is given to it in some fashion. But I'm not convinced it will be a "thing" or inanimate object like a statue or temple etc.

I do see your thinking.

The scripture also states : "that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed."

Old man
Nov 26th 2016, 04:41 PM
I do see your thinking.

The scripture also states : "that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed."

I think we should be slower to make a final determination of what "image" means. The same word used here in regards the the image of the beast is also used in relation to Jesus being the image of God and our being built into the image of Jesus.

Since neither Jesus nor we are actual statues and yet still are images the word image has wider possible application than is normally assumed.

Ceegen
Nov 26th 2016, 05:13 PM
I think we should be slower to make a final determination of what "image" means. The same word used here in regards the the image of the beast is also used in relation to Jesus being the image of God and our being built into the image of Jesus.

Since neither Jesus nor we are actual statues and yet still are images the word image has wider possible application than is normally assumed.

And we are imagers of God, too. We're not "alive" without the spirit. The flesh is just animated matter which dies when the living part of us leaves it.

marty fox
Nov 26th 2016, 05:33 PM

I believe the image of the beast was the image of Rome and apostate Israel gave power to the image by stating "they have no king but Cesar". They gave power to the beast and helped it to come alive.

Think about it satan turned Gods people from God to Rome and had them reject and kill their Messiah one of the greatest task that satan ever did. He would of had powerful demons involved in this.

Ceegen
Nov 26th 2016, 05:48 PM
I believe the image of the beast was the image of Rome and apostate Israel gave power to the image by stating "they have no king but Cesar". They gave power to the beast and helped it to come alive.

You're on to something there. Notice that they said we have no king but Caesar? The entire Roman empire was embodied in the Caesar, a singular person... Just as YHVH is embodied in a single person, Jesus.

Think about it satan turned Gods people from God to Rome and had them reject and kill their Messiah one of the greatest task that satan ever did.

Indeed.

He would of had powerful demons involved in this.

Fallen angels, status given to elohim who are corrupt and evil. Do you know of the "divine council"?

marty fox
Nov 26th 2016, 06:04 PM
You're on to something there. Notice that they said we have no king but Caesar? The entire Roman empire was embodied in the Caesar, a singular person... Just as YHVH is embodied in a single person, Jesus.

Indeed.

Fallen angels, status given to elohim who are corrupt and evil. Do you know of the "divine council"?

No I don't.

The description of the false prophet who by the way is the only beast described as a clean animal in the bible.

Revelation 13:11
11 Then I saw a second beast, coming out of the earth. It had two horns like a lamb, but it spoke like a dragon

What did Jesus say about the Paraphrases?

Matthew7:15
"Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves.

Sheep and lamb.

I believe the beast to be a powerful demon in control of Rome and the second beast (the false prophet) to be apostate Israel and mystery Babylon to be Jerusalem . Rome destroyed Jerusalem

Revelation 17:16
16 The beast and the ten horns you saw will hate the prostitute. They will bring her to ruin and leave her naked; they will eat her flesh and burn her with fire. 17 For God has put it into their hearts to accomplish his purpose by agreeing to hand over to the beast their royal authority, until God’s words are fulfilled.

Ceegen
Nov 26th 2016, 06:13 PM
No I don't.

Michael Heiser has some really good video presentations about the divine council on YouTube. Might want to check it out at some point.

Ceegen
Nov 26th 2016, 06:32 PM
Scientists close to making computers based on neural networks (http://www.express.co.uk/news/science/736650/living-computer-neuromorphic-computing-University-of-Massachusetts) (Brain-like computer).

Engineers at the University of Massachusetts are developing microprocessors which mimic biological synapses - the nerve cells which pass messages across the human body. ...

Their work focuses heavily on memristors - a computer component which could change science forever, switching the focus from electronics to ionics.

Ionics, unlike electronics, is not dependent on a power source. It essentially has a memory, so even if it loses power it can remember what it was doing before and continue the action. ...

Ceegen
Nov 27th 2016, 01:31 PM
Google AI creates its own language to translate languages it doesn't know... (http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2016/11/26/google-ai-creates-its-own-language-to-translate-languages-it-doesnt-know/)

Google Brain’s Neural Network AI has reportedly created its own universal language, which allows the system to translate between other languages without knowing them.

By simply teaching the AI “how to translate from Portuguese to English and English to Spanish,” the system was able to then translate from Spanish to Portuguese on its own without any outside guidance.

I guess these people are really serious about uploading their consciousness to a machine-computer brain so they can live forever, with all these "brain technology" stories as of late.

randyk
Nov 27th 2016, 02:26 PM
Google AI creates its own language to translate languages it doesn't know... (http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2016/11/26/google-ai-creates-its-own-language-to-translate-languages-it-doesnt-know/)

I guess these people are really serious about uploading their consciousness to a machine-computer brain so they can live forever, with all these "brain technology" stories as of late.

Well yes, I think the brain is a sophisticated computer. But you can't upload a human spirit into a machine. The computer has to be *programmed.* I find computer technology brilliant. I saw this from the very first computer I owned, which had to be programmed with Basic, line after line. But to turn it into a brain requires not just sequences, but free will. That can't happen. All of these movies on computers taking over the world, from HAL in 2001 A Space Odyssey to the Terminator series are very fun, but unrealistic. :)

Ceegen
Dec 2nd 2016, 09:27 PM
Computers now using algorithms to predict future events? (http://www.nbcnews.com/mach/technology/deep-learning-predicts-future-n690851)

Using algorithms partially modeled on the human brain, researchers from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology have enabled computers to predict the immediate future by examining a photograph.

A program created at MIT's Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory (CSAIL) essentially watched 2 million online videos and observed how different types of scenes typically progress: people walk across golf courses, waves crash on the shore, and so on. Now, when it sees a new still image, it can generate a short video clip (roughly 1.5 seconds long) showing its vision of the immediate future.

Underlined portion added for emphasis, considering the previously mentioned "brain" articles...

A while ago, police were reportedly using large networks of computers to predict and prevent crime, and now this? How easy would it be to "coach" a computer to "see" political dissidents as terrorists? Showing the jury, as evidence, a short video clip of the future as the machine sees it?

Tony P
Dec 2nd 2016, 11:30 PM
I'm no expert on AI by any means. Has anyone considered the literal interpretations of scripture that pretty much remove all technology in the end times? I'm speaking of the 6th seal for starters.

Every island and mountains is moved out of its place? Living on the gulf coast, I see the effects of a simple hurricane from time to time. The power grid is easily destroyed. If every mountain and island move, you can forget the power grid. It's toast. It would take a generation to repair it. Coal mines collapsed, etc. Further, the oil wells and pipelines get wiped out, so transportation is over with also. Not to mention the roads all being torn apart.

Fast forward to the war of Armageddon in Ezekiel 39. Notice that the vast armies are fighting with wooden weapons. We know this isn't figurative because the weapons are gathered for fuel for 7 years.

In short, the world as we know will change overnight at the opening of the 6th seal and regress rapidly to caveman style days. I don't think AI will be any factor at all. Without electricity, virtually everything we do today comes to a halt. Including this forum. No computers. No cell phones. No TV. No internet. Nothing.

Ceegen
Dec 3rd 2016, 01:33 PM
I'm no expert on AI by any means. Has anyone considered the literal interpretations of scripture that pretty much remove all technology in the end times? I'm speaking of the 6th seal for starters.

Every island and mountains is moved out of its place? Living on the gulf coast, I see the effects of a simple hurricane from time to time. The power grid is easily destroyed. If every mountain and island move, you can forget the power grid. It's toast. It would take a generation to repair it. Coal mines collapsed, etc. Further, the oil wells and pipelines get wiped out, so transportation is over with also. Not to mention the roads all being torn apart.

Fast forward to the war of Armageddon in Ezekiel 39. Notice that the vast armies are fighting with wooden weapons. We know this isn't figurative because the weapons are gathered for fuel for 7 years.

In short, the world as we know will change overnight at the opening of the 6th seal and regress rapidly to caveman style days. I don't think AI will be any factor at all. Without electricity, virtually everything we do today comes to a halt. Including this forum. No computers. No cell phones. No TV. No internet. Nothing.

I'm talking about here and now, specifically about how I believe AI and "aliens/UFOs" (demons) play a part in these end-times deceptions. That's before the wrath of God is poured out and the wicked are judged.

The Gog and Magog war isn't until AFTER the thousand years, as per Revelation ch20 v7 & 8.

randyk
Dec 6th 2016, 12:26 AM
Computers now using algorithms to predict future events? (http://www.nbcnews.com/mach/technology/deep-learning-predicts-future-n690851)

Underlined portion added for emphasis, considering the previously mentioned "brain" articles...

A while ago, police were reportedly using large networks of computers to predict and prevent crime, and now this? How easy would it be to "coach" a computer to "see" political dissidents as terrorists? Showing the jury, as evidence, a short video clip of the future as the machine sees it?

Yes, you have a valid point. Obviously, if we have ways of interpreting a language by comparing one with another, a system of logic by which we do this, this can also be programmed into a computer. There are a number of puzzle games that require this kind of logic, and I can easily see a computer reading an unknown language using cryptogram-type of programs. Good point!

In a way, this is the whole problem with human carnality--we tend to pre-judge without using spiritual discernment. Even worse, we pre-judge using our own evil suspicions and our own evil attitudes. A machine may not have "sin" programmed into it, but it certainly will judge without spiritual discernment.