PDA

View Full Version : My Daily Bible Study - Mark

Frances
Nov 26th 2012, 04:35 PM
Mark 1

What did I learn of God? - Jesus Christ is the human manifestation of God. God sent John the Baptist to prepare the hearts of the people for Jesus, who (though sinless) was baptised by John, God the Father acknowledged Him and God the Holy Spirit settled on Him 'like a Dove'. Holy Spirit then sent Christ into the wilderness to be strengthened by resisting temptation. Jesus then preached the Kingdom of God telling folk to "repent and believe the Gospel(Good News)". Returning to Galilee Jesus Called James, John, Simon and Andrew to become His disciples. He taught with Authority, Healed many people, and rebuked evil spirits - who knew He was the Holy One of God and obeyed Him. Jesus spent time alone praying before daybreak. He Healed all those who came to Him.

What did I learn of myself? - My life and words must prepare hearts for the Lord. Like Christ's first disciples I must be willing to leave everything to follow Him - have I?

What did I praise God for? - His Authority over all Creation.

What did I pray for? -The strength to resist temptation to sin, at all times, as Jesus did.

What does this say in one sentence? - Before starting His Ministry Jesus was baptised (immersed) in water, God spoke from Heaven and Holy Spirit settled on Him; He then traveled round teaching, preaching, casting out demons and Healing the sick.

Frances
Nov 30th 2012, 05:33 PM
Mark 2

What did I learn of God? - He responds to faith in Him. He forgives Sins. He is not influenced by mankind's opinions. He Calls Sinners to repentance. He doesn't make His disciples lives better - He makes them New. He made one day each week for Worship and rest for our benefit (not His).He doesn't abide by mankind's laws.

What did I learn of myself? - God is my Healer, of body, mind and spirit - each at the right time for maximum benefit to me. I need to Worship Him all the time, for my benefit.

What did I praise God for?- His Forgiveness, His Healing of spirit, soul and body.

What did I pray for? - His Peace in adversity.

What does this say in one sentence? – Jesus is the Lord of the Sabbath, Forgiver of Sins, Heals, Called Matthew and talks of fasting and wineskins.

Quote:- (C.T.Studd) “Christ’s call is to Save the lost . . not the mockers but sinners to repentance: not to build and furnish comfortable chapel, churches and cathedrals . . in which to rock Christian professors to sleep by means of clever essays, stereotyped prayers, musical performances, but to capture men from the devil’s clutches and the very jaws of hell. This can only be accomplished by a red-hot, unconventional unfettered devotion, in the power of the Holy Spirit, to the Lord Jesus Christ”.

jesusislord
Dec 1st 2012, 03:46 AM
MARK 12:29-31

read it.

Frances
Dec 1st 2012, 05:25 PM
Mark 3

What did I learn of God? - He doesn't abide by mankind's rules. He attracts many people. He Heals. Evil spirits recognise Him. He appoints those He wants to preach in His Name. He requires wholehearted commitment from His followers. Blaspheming the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven. Whoever does the Will of God is related to Jesus Christ.

What did I learn of myself? - Christ Called me to follow Him. If I allow Satan to control any part of me, I will fall from Grace. I am related to Jesus Christ.

What did I praise God for? - His Compassion, and Understanding.

What did I pray for? - Thanksgiving for spiritual and mental Healing, and request for bodily Healing too (or else wisdom to know how to cope more efficiently with my problems).

What does this say in one sentence? - Jesus chose the 12 Apostles, Healed many folk, spoke of the 'unpardonable Sin', that a division of loyalty brings ruin, and made clear that His earthly relationships do not give precedence over doing the Will of God.

Frances
Dec 1st 2012, 05:29 PM
jesusislord

Are you suggesting that I don't and never have?

jesusislord
Dec 1st 2012, 10:34 PM
jesusislord

Are you suggesting that I don't and never have?

My brother or sister ( FRANCES), not sure by the name or avatar.
I would have used your name or quote as I am now if I was talking, suggesting, hinting, etc......... to you.

Many come by the internet, so that was for everyone.

Have many great days and greater days to come, as all days are already blessed by the LORD.
AGAPE
Mark 12:29-31

Frances
Dec 2nd 2012, 04:55 PM
Mark 4

What did I learn of God? - He uses His Creation for His Purposes (eg the natural 'amphitheatre' of the hillside and the 'loudspeaker' of the sea. He knows that only a fraction of those who hear His Word will become true disciples. He will reveal His Truth to those who really want to know it. His Kingdom grows without human interaction. Jesus spoke in parables for a purpose. He controls the wind and waves and offers His Peace.

What did I learn of myself? - I must be on guard against 'thorns' that seek to 'choke' the Life of God from His Word. I must allow God's Light and Truth to shine through me. I must sow the Word of God, trusting Him to use it for His Glory. He calms my 'storms' and His Peace reigns in me when I do His Will, His Way, for His Glory.

What did I praise God for? - His Power, Authority and Peace.

What did I pray for? - To trust Him more and so obey Him immediately.

What does this say in one sentence? - Jesus told the parable of the sower and explained it, and the purpose of parables, the importance of allowing His Light to shine in the darkness, the parable of the Mustard Seed, and He calmed the storm.

Quote:- (Ray Comfort) “The Parable of the Sower is the key to unlock the mysteries of all the other parables. If we understand . . that when the Gospel is preached there will be true and false conversions, then all the parables Jesus told will make sense: with the foolish virgins (false) and the wise virgins (genuine).

Frances
Dec 4th 2012, 04:11 PM
Mark 5

What did I learn of God? - He has Power over all Evil spirits, He shows His Power over death by raising the dead to life, He has compassion for the afflicted and Heals them.

What did I learn of myself? - Jesus had compassion, set free and Healed those who knew of Him, for whom He was their last resort, but didn't know Him, yet others who do know Him (eg. Paul, Timothy and myself) continue with some bodily infirmity . . . why?

What did I praise God for? - His Compassion and Wisdom regarding my ultimate good.

What did I pray for? - To accept physical limitations with good Grace, and His Wisdom to know exactly what must be eliminated from my lifestyle, for my benefit.

What does this say in one sentence? - Jesus Healed a demon-possessed man, a woman with constant menstruation, and restored a girl to life.

Frances
Dec 6th 2012, 03:56 PM
Mark 6

What did I learn of God? - He offers His Wisdom. He does few miracles when confronted by unbelief. He Heals folk and gives His Power to cast out demons to His disciples and also to Heal and preach repentance. . . He does not necessarily preserve the earthly life of His servants. He has compassion for those without a caring leader. He can provide sustenance where there is none. He rules over wind, waves and gravity.

What did I learn of myself? - God gives me His Power to do His will for His Glory. He wants me to rest and spend time with Him. He comes to me in the tempests of life and says "I am here, don't be afraid."

What did I praise God for? – For being with me, and those who love Him, always.

What did I pray for? - Thanksgiving that Christ is my constant companion.

What does this say in one sentence? - Jesus was rejected in Nazareth, sent His disciples out to Minister in His Name in pairs, took them away for a rest, taught and fed 5000, walked on water and Healed all who touched Him.

Quote:- (Ray Comfort) “Socrates taught for 40 years . . Plato for 50, Aristotle for 40 and Jesus for 3years, yet the influence of Christ’s 3 year Ministry is greater than the combined 130 years of the arguably the greatest philosophers of antiquity”.
Also

“Jesus had 4 brothers and at least 2 sisters. Therefore Mary was not a virgin after she gave birth to Jesus.”

Frances
Dec 7th 2012, 04:39 PM
Mark 7

What did I learn of God? - He is not pleased with mankind's traditions that 'water-down' His Word. He responds to faith. He may Heal in unexpected ways.

What did I learn of myself? - Do I ever worship God with my lips while my heart is far from Him? Do I seem to others to be a Christian and at the same time yearn for and do ungodly things? Do my words or actions offend God? Am I satisfied with the 'crumbs that fall from His table'? Am I willing to serve Him wholeheartedly while taking a 'back seat' or do I insist on being 'Somebody' first?

What did I praise God for? - That He rules mankind and not the other way round.

What did I pray for? - That I will always allow Him to rule every aspect of my life.

What does this say in one sentence? - Jesus said keeping traditions doesn't defile, but some heart attitudes do; He Healed a child because of her mother's faith and Healed a deaf-mute.

Quote:- (Charles Spurgeon) “ The heart is like a dark cellar full of lizards, cockroaches, beetles, and all kinds of reptiles and insects . . . The Law takes down the shutters and lets in the light and so we see the Evil.”

Frances
Dec 8th 2012, 05:16 PM
Mark 8

What did I learn of God? - He is compassionate. Jesus always gave thanks and Blessed food before anyone ate. He is not pleased with those who 'seek signs' of His Power and is frustrated when His disciples don't learn from His actions (ie. feeding 7000, 5000, and 4000) He warns against 'man's wisdom', sometimes Heals in stages, knows the future, expects His disciples to accept His Word without question, and is, and will be, ashamed of those who are ashamed of Him.

What did I learn of myself? - God wants me to thank Him for my food , then He will Bless it. I must not ask Him to 'prove His ability' but trust Him without proof. If I don't understand His word I must ask Him to reveal the meaning. He only appears to withhold full Healing to fulfill His wider purpose. I know Jesus Christ and that all He says is Truth. I must 'pick up my cross' and follow Him wherever He leads. If I am ashamed of Him or His Word He will be ashamed of me.

What did I praise God for? - That He is Almighty and nothing is too difficult for Him.

What did I pray for? - Thanksgiving for the measure of Healing I have received so far.

What does this say in one sentence? - Jesus fed the multitude, said His disciples must beware of worldly wisdom with the appearance of having come from God, Healed a blind man, predicted His death and resurrection, and said we must be willing to deny 'Self' and follow Him.

Quote :- (Ray Comfort) “If you are going to do anything for the Kingdom of God be ready for the unexpected discouragement . . . this may come . . from the place least expected.”

Frances
Dec 9th 2012, 05:07 PM
Mark 9

What did I learn of God? - He demonstrates His Power in numerous ways. Jesus Christ was and is unique. He knows the past, present and future. He only casts some demons out after those Ministering have prayed and fasted. 'Receiving Christ' is the way to God. Miracles in Christ's Name only happen through those who are submitted to Him. He 'seasons' all His servants with ‘fire’.

What did I learn of myself? - Christ cannot always work through me unless I am fully prepared/dedicated to His Service by prayer and fasting. If I cause anyone to turn away from Christ I will suffer for it. I must get rid of any thing, or any relationship, that causes/encourages me to Sin. I will be 'seasoned with fire' (does that mean 'experience difficulties?)

What did I praise God for? - Jesus Christ.

(Many of the sayings I quote are found in the NKJV Evidence Bible)

What did I pray for? - His encouragement to always be fully prepared for every circumstance He leads me into.

What does this say in one sentence? - Jesus was transfigured, He Healed a boy, then predicted His betrayal, death and resurrection, condemned spiritual pride, warned against bad company and talked of our 'seasoning by fire and salt.

Quote (Mark Twain) “Most people are bothered about the passages of Scripture they don’t understand. . . I have always noticed the passages that bother me are the ones I do understand."

Quote:-(Martin Luther King) “Not everyone can be famous, but everyone can be great because greatness is determined by service."

Frances
Dec 10th 2012, 04:08 PM
Mark 10

What did I learn of God? - He created men and women to marry one of the opposite sex to themselves and become one flesh. His Kingdom is composed of those who have complete, childlike, trust in Him. He wants children to learn of Him. He is the only one who is truly good. His Commandments are 'Do not commit adultery, do not murder, do not steal, do not bear false witness or defraud anyone and honour your father and mother. . . to which Jesus added 'take up your cross and follow Me'. With Him all things are possible. What anyone gives up for Christ and the Gospel will have it returned with interest and persecutions, and Eternal Life. He knows the future, He came to earth to serve humanity by giving His life as a ransom for many. He Heals.

What did I learn of myself? - If I marry a divorced person they will be committing adultery. I can only enter the Kingdom of God if I trust Him with childlike faith. If I trust in riches it will be very hard to enter God's Kingdom. I must expect to be persecuted because I trust Christ, and I must serve others. I must tell Him what I want Him to do for me.

What did I praise God for? - His Wisdom.

What did I pray for? - Sufficient health to Glorify Him.

What does this say in one sentence? - Jesus talked of marriage and divorce, He Blessed the children, counseled the rich young ruler, talked or riches, His death and resurrection also serving others, then restored Bartimaus’ sight

Frances
Dec 11th 2012, 03:46 PM
Mark 11

What did I learn of God? - He prepares, in advance, for every circumstance but doesn't always tell us of His plans. Seeing the barren future of a fig tree He cursed it. He is angry when what is consecrated to God is used for illicit financial gain. He responds to faith in His Power and Authority, and also to our forgiveness of others - or lack of it. He sometimes answers a question with a question to encourage understanding.

What did I learn of myself? - I must obey the Lord without question. I must prepare for a life of future fruitfulness for God. I must always pray with faith in God's willingness and ability to give what I ask. I must forgive everyone who has, knowingly or unknowingly, sinned against me, to remove all blockages to my being able to receive God's Forgiveness myself.

What did I praise God for? - Always desiring the best for each of us.

What did I pray for? - To always be fruitful for Him.

What does this say in one sentence? - Jesus entered Jerusalem in triumph, cursed a barren tree, cleansed the temple, talked of forgiveness and prayer, also answered the chief priests with questions of His own.

Quote:- (Mark Twain) “Most people are bothered about those passages of Scripture they don’t understand. . . . I have always noticed the passages that bother me are the ones I do understand”.

Frances
Dec 12th 2012, 06:02 PM
Mark 12

What did I learn of God? - He knows all things. He commands that I love Him with all my heart, soul, mind and strength and my neighbor as myself. Jesus spoke in parables. He is the God of the living not of the dead. Jesus Christ was David's Lord. He values gifts according to what we have to offer.

What did I learn of myself? - I must pay everything I owe to God and also to earthly authorities(taxes). I must love the Lord my God with all my heart, soul, mind and strength and my neighbor as myself. I must only adhere to what leaders teach if they adhere to the Bible and allow the Power of God in their lives, and beware of those who do things to appear to be Christian. God knows my financial and physical ability to give to Him, and values each gift with regard to what is possible.

What did I praise God for? - His understanding and Mercy.

What did I pray for? - The wisdom to apply my funds and talents to what pleases Him.

What does this say in one sentence? - Jesus told the parable of the wicked vine-dressers; that we must give God and governments their due, He is the God of the living and not the dead, the greatest commandment is to love God totally and my neighbor as myself and realise He knows each person's ability regarding offerings.

Frances
Dec 14th 2012, 05:18 PM
Mark 14

What did I learn of God? - He accepts gifts in the manner and spirit in which they are given. He prepares events without necessarily telling His disciples. He knows what the future holds and how each of us may react to it (so we may sadden, but not horrify Him) He gave 'the Lord's Supper' of bread and wine as reminders of His broken body and shed blood of the New Covenant. He knows what it is to be innocent yet betrayed, scared, deserted by friends, lied about, and condemned undeservedly.

What did I learn of myself? - Do I give God my most treasured possession? Do I always obey Him unquestioningly? Do I always realise the full implication of what the Lord's Supper/Communion Service represents?

What did I praise God for? – Bearing all the horror of persecution, trial and crucifixion in my place - so I don't have to.

What did I pray for? - His Strength to overcome my weakness.

What does this say in one sentence? - Christ was anointed, plotted against, celebrated Passover, instituted the way to remember His Sacrifice in bread and wine, predicted Peter's denial, was scared, prayed for Strength to do God's Will, was betrayed, faced the Sanhedrin's lies and Peter's denial.

Quote:- (Ray Comfort) “ anticipate your battles; fights them on your knees before temptation comes, and you will always have victory”

Frances
Dec 15th 2012, 05:04 PM
Mark 15

What did I learn of God? - He is King of the Jews. He sometimes refuses to answer questions. He accepts mocking in silence. Jesus died in Barabbas’ place (Bar abbas means 'son of the father). As Jesus died in my place, carrying my sin, God forsook Him.

What did I learn of myself? - Christ is my King too. Perhaps I would do better to remain silent when wrongfully accused and sentenced? Jesus Christ was tortured and died in my place. Do I accept mocking as part of following Christ? As Christ died in my place paying my penalty for my Sin God will never forsake me (though I may stop being Christ's disciple, as Peter did, when he denied he knew Jesus). Am I always willing to put Jesus before my reputation and standing in the community? (including the church community?)

What did I praise God for? - His amazing Sacrifice for me.

What did I pray for? - His Strength and Power to Glorify Him when under pressure.

Quote:- (Mark Twain) “Public opinion is held in reverence . . . Some think it is the voice of God.”

(Ray Comfort) “Skeptics claimed there is a contradiction (between the gospel accounts of Christ’s crucifixion) this is a simple explanation, Matthew Mark and Luke used to the Jewish system of keeping time, where the day was reckoned as starting at 6 AM (Sunrise), John used the Roman system which counts this day as starting at midnight. In both cases Jesus was crucified at 9 AM. It is interesting to note that all seeming in contradictions in the Gospels attests to the fact that there was no corroboration between the writers.”

Frances
Dec 16th 2012, 04:38 PM
Mark 16

What did I learn of God? - He rose from the dead. He appeared first to Mary Magdalene, He appeared to two disciples as they walked in the country then later to His 11 disciples, who He rebuked for not believing those who'd met Him previously. He told them to preach the Gospel to everyone, saying those who believe will cast out demons, speak with new tongues, not be hurt by poisonous snakes, and lay hands on the sick so they will be Healed, then He ascended to Heaven.

What did I learn of myself? - Have I ever stopped being Jesus disciple by denying Him as Peter did?(:7) I am commissioned by Christ to preach the Gospel to everyone? As Christ's disciple am I able to cast out demons, speak in new tongues, and lay hands on the sick so they will be Healed? If not have I repented all Sin, and am I fully submitted to Christ?

What did I praise God for? - His Power and Authority over death.

What did I pray for? – The mind of Christ every moment of my life.

What does this say in one sentence? - The Risen Christ met Mary Magdalene and two other disciples but the eleven didn't believe them - so were rebuked by Jesus when He met them later and gave them the Great Commission before ascending to Heaven.

Quote- (Trevor Yaxley) “Here is our commissioning and sending. There are no exceptions - and every Christian is commanded to go!”