PDA

View Full Version : The answe--------------------------------to--

percho
Jan 15th 2013, 02:18 AM
Is salvation predestined (exclusively decided by God)? (http://bibleforums.org/showthread.php/244446-Is-salvation-predestined-%28exclusively-decided-by-God%29)

YES

Rev 13:8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
1 Peter 1:19,20 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot: Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world

Titus 1:2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;John 5:26 For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;

Hebrews 5:9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

Once again yes salvation was predestined and in Christ has come to light.

Just in case the review fails.

;)

adampjr
Jan 15th 2013, 02:22 AM
I usually avoid this topic here because its one of those common inflammatory topics. Hopefully this thread stays cleaner than the last one, because I like reading the on going discussions.

I personally do not believe in sovereign election in the Calvinist sense, but I like hearing from both sides and i understand and respect proper Reformed theology even though I don't always agree with it.

Bandit
Jan 15th 2013, 02:23 AM
Let's hold off on starting a new thread before finding out if the old one gets closed. We wouldn't want to repeat the same mistakes.

TomH
Jan 15th 2013, 02:48 AM
Romans 8:29
For those whom He foreknew, He also predestined to become conformed to the image of His Son, so that He would be the firstborn among many brethren;

If I trust the Revelation of John to be truth and fact ( which I do).

I have predestined the end times with my foreknowledge.

God, with His Perfect foreknowledge, knows each second of time.

He and only He can change the fate of the world, and in that infinite knowledge, knows the limitations He has SET for Himself by His Perfect Justice, dealing with each individual according to the individuals free will.

Knowing what WILL happen, along with what COULD, but WON'T happen is predestination.

My Knowing that God COULD change His mind, but WON'T change His mind, I can safely read Revelation and with that foreknowledge of the future, predestine the future to be.

John is an excellent example of man predestining. He happened to be put into the future by God and told to write what he saw. John experienced and we read of his predestining the end times.

John did not manipulate with his foreknowledge any event of the future. He simply recorded (or predestined) the future events.

God has done likewise. (just a little more in-depth.)