PDA

View Full Version : Is the Gospel to good to be true?

Curtis
May 19th 2013, 08:40 PM
Eph 3:13 Wherefore I desire that ye faint not at my tribulations for you, which is your glory.
Eph 3:14 For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
Eph 3:15 Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,
Eph 3:16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;
Eph 3:17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,
Eph 3:18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;
Eph 3:19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.
Eph 3:20 Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,
Eph 3:21 Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.

Have you noticed every time God does some thing it is always far more than what is needed. It's like God does not know how to just do what's need. He does not do just good enough. He always goes overboard.

2Pe 1:4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
Rom 5:20 Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:

I was meditating on verse 20 in Eph 3, trying to get more insight into what was being said one day. The Lord spoke to me and said "Get a piece of blank paper, and write at the bottom, "Church teaching today", Then he said, "I want you to use your mind and imagination, and think what you would like me to add more to your salvation to make it better", Then he said "now, write this right above "Church teaching today", "Your mind". Then the Lord said unto me, "Now at the top write, "Reality". It looked some thing like this...

"Reality

"Your mind"
"Church teaching today"

Then the Lord said "You see all that white space between "Reality, and "Your mind"? That is abundantly above all you can ask or think"!!
I see a problem here, what the Church has been teaching, and what we have been hearing through the years, is not the Word of the Kingdom of God!
When you hear some body talking or writing about the Lords Kingdom, if you can in your mind think of some thing better, then what you are hearing is not the Word of the Kingdom
Because our God has done exceeding, abundantly, above all we can ask or think.

What do you think about what you have been hearing? Is it to good to be true?

-SEEKING-
May 19th 2013, 08:57 PM
Is the Gospel to good to be true?

No .

IMINXTC
May 19th 2013, 09:06 PM
The alternative is too dismal to consider.

"How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him:" Heb 2:3

episkopos
May 19th 2013, 09:11 PM
In life we tend to see that if it is too good to be true...then it probably is! There's always a catch somewhere.

It depends I guess on how we see the gospel. Is the cost too high? But what is that compared to the promises of God?

Walls
May 20th 2013, 06:42 AM
We have disagreed on some things, but this time I must agree.

The Church is not teaching the riches of Christ
The Church is not teaching the coming Kingdom of God
The Church is not emphasizing the blessings of the Christian in this age
The Church is not emphasizing the blessings of the coming age
The Church is watering down heavenly blessings to earthly standards

At peak hour on this Forum there are usually about 250 viewers at one time. I wonder how many walk away from their screens having learned of the riches of Christ, and the exceeding blessings aimed at Christians now, and in the age to come? The word "Gospel" means "Good news". What is the Good News? That we can believe in Jesus, get healthy and wealthy, and go to heaven? What poverty!

Henry
May 21st 2013, 02:32 PM

At peak hour on this Forum there are usually about 250 viewers at one time. I wonder how many walk away from their screens having learned of the riches of Christ, and the exceeding blessings aimed at Christians now, and in the age to come? The word "Gospel" means "Good news". What is the Good News? That we can believe in Jesus, get healthy and wealthy, and go to heaven? What poverty!

Amen and amen. Reps to you.

Kingsdaughter
May 21st 2013, 03:05 PM

No the good news is that Jesus died for our sins and we can be forgiven and go to heaven but until then... walking around this earth depressed until I go to heaven, your not right unless you feel wrong. The lower I feel the more holy I am. God doesn't care if I have anything on this earth, I'm just going to live in my shack, a wretched woman . I'm waiting for heaven but while I wait on this earth I'm going to be miserable and angry and broke.