PDA

View Full Version : The Presence of God with us

Curtis
Jun 4th 2013, 02:57 PM
ThePresence of God with us

Everybodysays how great it is going to be after we leave this place, and go tobe with the Lord. This is true, but that's not faith, that's hope. It is faiththat pleases God! God's presence with us is not the same thing as webeing in God's presence! Do not try to reason, analyze, or mentallyfigure this out. It requires a spiritual understanding of the heart,and not of the mind. How can God's presence be with us without usbeing in his presence? I will explain this the best I can in thischapter and the next.

2Corinthians 5:5, Now he that hath wrought us for the selfsame thingisGod, who also hath given
untous the earnest of the Spirit.
2Corinthians 5:6, Therefore wearealways confident, knowing that, whilstwe are at home in the
body,we are absent from the Lord:
2Corinthians 5:7, (For we walk by faith, not by sight:)
2Corinthians 5:8, We are confident, Isay,and willing ratherto be absent from the body, and to
bepresent with the Lord.

These few verses prove we are absent from the presence of God,because we are still living, and at
homein the body. I believe this to be true. If we make our home in thebody we truly are absent from
theLord. But we are not absent from his presence!

Let me ask you this question: Have you ever in your Christian walk,had a time where you did not
feelthe presence of God, and it seemed like, maybe God had left you, eventhough you know he didn't?
Theday I gave my heart to the Lord, I could not believe the peace, andjoy I had. I felt like I was
walkingon cloud nine, every thing looked different to me. Even the sky withall the clouds looked
awesome.I began meeting other believers, and they said, “oh, your on yourhoneymoon with the Lord,
justgive it a few months, and you will living down in valley with therest of us. They were right, but you
knowwhat, that is never suppose to happen, we should always be on firefor the Lord. His presence
shouldalways be sensed with us. I think we all have had that experience offeeling being away from
thepresence of God at one point in our lives. You know why that was? Iwill tell you.
BeforeI can explain this we must know some other scriptures that tell usabout our position in Christ
rightnow.

Colossians1:19, For it pleased theFatherthat in him should all fulness dwell;
Colossians1:20 , And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by himto reconcile all things
untohimself; by him, Isay,whether theybethings in earth, or things in heaven.
Colossians1:21 And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in yourmind by wicked works,
yetnow hath he reconciled
Colossians1:22, In the body of his flesh through death, topresent you holy, and
unblameable,and unreproveable, in his sight:
Colossians1:23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not movedaway
fromthe hope of the gospel,which ye have heard, andwhich was preached to every creature
whichis under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

Thereis nothing that can separate us from our God!

Rom8:38-39

For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor
things present, nor things to come,

Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Colossians1:23 states the reality, and experience of our selfs being in God'spresence is dependent on
uscontinuing in the faith, and not being moved away from the hopeof the Gospel.

If we do not continue in the faith, and are moved away from the hopeof the Gospel, then the
reality,and experience of dwelling in his presence is gone! Just because weare not walking by faith the
Lordspresence is still with us. Nothing can separate us from his presence.The words “moved away
from”,means “to move from one place to another.“ We areconfident, I say, and willing rather to be
absentfrom the body, and to be present with the Lord (2 Cor 5:8). Whenyou are present
withthe Lord, you are absent from the body! Remember, the Apostle Paultold us,

Rom8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit,if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in
you.Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

We do not want to be moved from the presence of the Lord to livingback in the flesh! If we move
backinto the flesh then we are back at home in the body, and absent fromthe Lord.

2Corinthians 5:6, Therefore we are always confident, knowingthat, whilst we are at home in the

Paul tells us that when God raised Jesus from the dead he raised upus also, and when Jesus
passedthrough the veil into the Holy of Holies, Jesus presented us unto ourHeavenly Father, “Holy,
unblameable,and unreproveable “inhis sight,If we continue in the faith,and benot moved
awayfrom the hope of the gospel.”Theword of God returned back to the Father, and it came
backnot void, or empty, but full to the brim with us! We are living rightnow in the presence of God in
ChristJesus. We know it and sense it as long as we continue in the faith,and have our hearts set on
him!I don't care how you feel about it, or what anybody tells you, Hewill never leave us or forsake us!
Thereare many more scriptures that reveal to us our position in Christ. We are, right now, sitting in
heavenlyplaces in Jesus Christ. This happened more than two thousand yearsago. When Jesus was
raisedfrom the dead, God raised us up also at the same time. Either webelieve the Word of God, or we
don't. There is no middle ground. We know that God will never leave us, andhis presence is always
withus through Jesus Christ.

2Corinthians 5:6, Therefore wearealways confident, knowing that, whilstwe are at home in the

To be absent from the Lord is to be at home in the body. When youare at home in the body, you
areabsent from the Lord, but not absent from his presence. When we makeourselves comfortable in
theflesh or in the body, it does feel like we are absent from the Lordbecause we are. The anointing
seemsgone, but it is not. God's presence can not be sensed anymore, Why?Because we are no longer
thinkingabout Him. We do not have our minds set on the things above whereChrist sitteth on the
righthand of God. We are in the flesh and not in the Spirit! “Weare absent from the Lord:”, Our
heartsare absent from the Lord!, we are no longer thinking about Him, andas a result, we make
ourselveshome in the body. In other words, we are walking in the flesh. OK,so maybe, sometimes on
Sundaywhen we go to Church we think about Him, and we sense His presence. Then when Church is
overwe go right back to thinking on the things of this world. Haven't youever noticed, that when you
thinkabout Jesus, you can sense His presence with you? Amazing how thatworks. You know God only
speaksto those to whom he has there attention!

Philippians4:8, Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoeverthings arehonest,
whatsoeverthings arejust, whatsoever things arepure, whatsoever things arelovely, whatsoever
thingsareof good report; if therebeany virtue, and if therebeany praise, think on these things.
Philippians4:9 Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, andheard, and seen in me,
do:andthe God of peace shall be with you.

We have to keep our minds set on the things of God all the time, andwhen we do that we will
notbe at home in the body, but in the spirit. This will cause us tosense the presence and anointing of
Godwith us all the time. The Apostle Paul tells us,

Romans8:5, For they that are after the flesh do mindthe things of the flesh; but they that are after the
Spiritthe things of the Spirit.
Romans8:6,For to be carnally minded isdeath; but to be spiritually minded islife and peace.
Romans8:7, Because the carnal mind isenmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God,
neitherindeedcan be.
Romans8:8, Sothen they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
Romans8:9,But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit,if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in
you.Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

The man of God who always has his mind set on the things of Godconstantly, will be acutely
awareof his spiritual surroundings, he will no longer see things as theworld does, but from a different
perspective. Why? Because he is no longer in the flesh, but in the Spirit.
Readthis again and again until you get this in you. We do not want to beat home in the body, but at
homein the Spirit. But we are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit.....ifwe keep our minds set on Him.

2Corinthians 5:7, (For we walk by faith, not by sight:)

Whatdoes it mean to walk by faith, and not by sight?

Wewalk by what we see, feel, hear, taste, touch in the Spirit and notwhat we see, feel,
hear,taste,touchin the flesh!That is how Jesus walked in this world, we should do likewise.

2Corinthians 5:8 , We are confident, Isay,and willing rather to be absentfrom the body,and to
bepresent with the Lord.

TheApostle told us that “weare not in the flesh, but in the Spirit” and that we have been
circumcisedwith out hands in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh!!!!
Idon't know about you but I prefer to be absent from the body andpresent with the Lord!

When we read holy scripture we must remember that there is thespiritual man, (Paul calls it the
hiddenman of the heart) and then there is the natural man. It's the naturalman that can not see
thingsin the realm of the spirit, he can only see the physical world. If wewalk in the flesh, we walk in
darknessand we don't know where we are going, but if we walk in the spirit,we walk in the light and
wecan see where we are going.

1John 1:5 , This then is the message which we have heard of him, anddeclare unto you, that God is
light,and in him is no darkness at all.
1John 1:6, If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk indarkness, we lie, and do not the
truth:
1John 1:7, Butif we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowshipone with
another,and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

Look at this verse in 1 John, remember the light that the Lorddwells in is unapproachable by
man?

1Timothy6:16, Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which noman can approach
unto;whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honourand power everlasting.

That exact light, is the same light we are supposed to walk in, andthat is where God dwells!
Thenatural man is unable to approach and see the Glory of God; but theborn again spirit of man can
becauseGod has enabled us to!

If we interpret the Word God using our natural minds you will find alot of places that would seem
tocontradict itself, but there are no contradictions. We just need torightly divide the Word of Truth by
theHoly Spirit who is our guide and teacher. These next couplescriptures are the foundation for
seeingthe Glory . I told the Lord several years ago that if you teach meyour word yourself”, “I will say
whateverit is you say to me”. These next verses have completely changed mylife, and relationship
withmy Heavenly Father.

Colossians3:1, Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set yourhearts on things above,
whereChrist is seated at the right hand of God.
Colossians3:2, Setyour minds on things above,not on earthly things.
Colossians3:3, For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God.
Colossians3:4 , When Christ, who is your life, appears, thenyou also will appear with him in
glory.(NIV)

You must believe that you have been raised with Christ. Stopthinking that someday or one of
thesedays we are going to be with Him. We are with him right now! That isthe first step, and if you
don'tbelieve it right now, then begin to confess out of your mouth theWord of God and thank the Lord
forit. Put the Word in your mouth and deposit it into your heart. “Setyour hearts on the things
above”. Set both our spiritual minds and hearts on the things above whereChrist sits enthroned in
Glory. I don't mean just a couple of minutes a day, I mean 24 hours a day 7days a week you must do
this.Don't tell me you can't do that. I know you can, because I can, and Iam no different than you.
Youwill still able to do your regular job or what ever you do for aliving. Always having you hearts and
mindset on Him. If you do this the scripture says that you willappear with him in Glory!!! Not
maybeor someday but you will appear with Him--Jesus our hope of Glory!Remember when you first
gaveyour heart to the Lord? How you could sense the presence of God withyou? Wasn't that so cool?
Ifyou do this you will always have that presence with you; it nevergoes away! The anointing will be
withyou wherever you go and you will sense it.