PDA

View Full Version : Rewards

Curtis
Aug 27th 2013, 12:47 AM
Rewards

Asa born again child of God, scripture tells us that we have beendelivered from this world, and translated into God's eternal HeavenlyKingdom. We are told to walk by faith, and not by sight. It isnatural for us to look at things based on what we see with ourphysical eyes, and its not natural for us to look at the things notseen. But we must train ourselves to do the latter. That takesexercising our spiritual senses which became activated, or you couldsay awakened when we became a new creation in Christ. There are twoways in which we can look at God's Holy Word, through the eyes offaith or the eyes of our physical body. If we study God's Word, anduse our intellect to understand it we will always get it wrong, thatis because the, “the natural man receives not the things ofthe Spirit of God, for they are foolishness, neither can he know themfor they are spiritual discerned” (1 Corinthians 2:14)
Ourphysical mind is apart of the natural man, understanding is of theheart, not the mind.
Jesussaid,

(Mat13:15) For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their earsare dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at anytime they should see with their eyes, and hear with theirears, and should understand with their heart, andshould be converted, and I should heal them.

Every single person that Jesus preached to had ears, eyes, but therehearts had waxed gross, or had become hard of hearing because of sin.Our heart is where our spiritual senses reside, it is the re birthedhuman spirit. Lets take an example,

(Hebrews9:24) For Christ is not entered into the holy places made withhands, which arethe figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in thepresence of God for us:
(Hebrews9:25) Nor yet that he should offer himself often, as the high priestentereth into the holy place every year with blood of others;
(Hebrews9:26) For then must he often have suffered since the foundation ofthe world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared toput away sin by the sacrifice of himself.
(Hebrews9:27) And asit is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
(Hebrews9:28) So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and untothem that look for him shall he appear the second time without sinunto salvation.

So,if we look at this scripture based on our physical senses, and ourlogical mind, we would conclude, yep, just as soon as we would diephysically, then after that judgment would follow. That is a truestatement, there will come a day of judgment. But when will itcome....someday in the future? Faith is NEVER future tense it isalways NOW! Hope is future, but faith is right now.
Letme ask you this question based on our perspective of the spiritualworld, when did you die? Most will say, I am still alive, I have notdied yet. If this is what you believe then that is certainly true toyou. But the Word of God says this, and it is absolute reality if youbelieve it.

(Romans6:10) For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that heliveth, he liveth unto God.
(Romans6:11) Likewise reckonye also yourselves tobe dead indeed unto sin,but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.
(Romans6:12) Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that yeshould obey it in the lusts thereof.
(Romans6:13) Neither yield ye your members asinstruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yieldyourselves unto God, as those that are alivefrom the dead,and your members asinstruments of righteousness unto God.

Allthrough the New Testament God's Word rings true in our hearts, butnot in our minds. We must choose who we will believe, our hearts orour mind. We can not let our minds dictate what we believe to ourhearts, but we must let our hearts tell our minds what to believe,because that is wear the anointing resides.

(Colossians3:1) If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which areabove, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
(Colossians3:2) Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
(Colossians3:3) Forye are dead,and your life is hid with Christ in God.
(Colossians3:4) When Christ, whoisour life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

Ok,so from the physical worlds perspective, judgment will come somedayin the future. From the eyes of faith it is now, because we alreadydied on the cross with Christ. Where is this judgment, now that weare dead? Here is another scripture we need to understand.

(2Corinthians5:6) Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilstwe are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord:
(2Corinthians5:7) (For we walk by faith, not by sight:)
(2Corinthians5:8) We are confident, Isay,and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present withthe Lord.
(2Corinthians5:9) Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may beaccepted of him.
(2Corinthians5:10) For wemust all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every onemay receive the things done in his body,according to that he hath done, whether itbegood or bad. (KJV)

Ilike the NIV translation for verse 10.
(2Corinthians5:10) For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ,that eachone may receive what is due him for the things done while in thebody,whether good or bad.
Whatwould happen if you went to a job interview, and the personinterviewing told you that they were not going to pay you for yourservices until after you died? That would be really stupid, dumb, youwould not take that job. You would not need that money after you aredead, but now in this life right? This is what the Church todaythinks, God is not going to pay us for our labor until we physicallydie! We need to be rewarded in this life, we need it now not somedayin the future. The scripture says...” that eachone may receive what is due him for the things done whilein the body”.Weare payed by Jesus for the things we have done while we are living inthis body!!! Payday is in this life!!
Listenvery closely and get this in your heart. We are sinners not becauseof what we do, but because of what we think. That is why we are toldto “repent”, the word repent means to change your mind. If yourthinking is correct, then you will act correctly. If your theology isnot from the Spirit of God then it is from man and will only betradition which makes the Word of God ineffective. It will be basedon the elementary teachings of this world, or some kind of philosophyanalyzed and logically thought out by mans mind. If that is what youhave, then you will not act correctly. Your actions are based on yourbeliefs.

“Wemust all appear before the judgment seat of Christ...”(2Cor 5:10)
(Colossians3:1) If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which areabove, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
(Colossians3:2) Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
(Colossians3:3) Forye are dead,and your life is hid with Christ in God.
(Colossians3:4) WhenChrist, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear withhim in glory.

Notice,if we seek those things that are above, and then set our affection(heart) on things above, not on the earthly things, and you know thatyou already died on the cross with Christ, the Word of God promises,you will appear with Him in Glory!!! Notmaybe or someday but you will!
(John14:19) Just a little while now, and the world will not see Me anymore, but you will see Me; because I live, you will live also.
(John14:20) At that time [whenthat day comes]you will know [foryourselves]that I am in My Father, and you [are]in Me, and I [am]in you.
(John14:21) The person who has My commands and keeps them is the one who[really]loves Me; and whoever [really]loves Me will be loved by My Father,and I [too] will love him and will show (reveal, manifest) Myself tohim. [Iwill let Myself be clearly seen by him andmake Myself real to him.] (AMPBible)

Jesusguarantees us that if we keep His Word and do them, He will makeHimself visible (appear) unto us! I do not trust any man who hasnever seen Jesus! If we have never seen Him, that means we are notdoing His Word or loving Him.
Nowlets read another couple verses that tells us something veryexciting. I know we have already gone over this, but it is veryimportant we keep going over them all the time. Notice all the thingshe mentions here are past tense.

(Hebrews12:22) But you have cometo Mount Zion, to the heavenly Jerusalem, the city of the living God.You have come to thousands upon thousands of angels in joyfulassembly,
(Hebrews12:23) to the church of the firstborn, whose names are written inheaven. Youhave come to God, the judge of all men,to the spirits of righteous men made perfect,
(Hebrews12:24) to Jesus the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkledblood that speaks a better word than the blood of Abel.

“Wehave come (past tense) to God, the judge of all men...”, If youknow you died on the cross with Christ, then you have come to God thejudge of all men. I would never drive down to the municipal court inmy area, and just walk into any court room just for fun. You wouldnever come in front of a judge unless you had to, only if a policeofficer had given me a ticket, then I would write my name at thebottom “promising to appear before the judge”. We have comebefore God the judge.
Weknow Jesus is the one who is to judge us, and he will give us rewardsaccording to what we have done WHILE living in the body. If Jesusgives us our rewards, and he does, then by what method does he use todetermine if we deserve a reward, and what is the reward? Well thatis revealed to us in another scripture.

(1Corinthians3:10) According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as awise master builder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeththereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.
(1Corinthians3:11) For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, whichis Jesus Christ.
(1Corinthians3:12) Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver,precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
(1Corinthians3:13) Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declareit, because itshall be revealed by fire;and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
(1Corinthians3:14) If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, heshall receive a reward.
(1Corinthians3:15) Ifany man's work shall be burned, heshall suffer loss:but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

Remember,Jesus said, “every time the Word of God is sown, Satan comesimmediately to steal the word....”(Mark 4:15) It makes nodifference if what you hear from a preacher is revelation of God'sword or just tradition, Satan always comes to steal the Word. TheApostle Peter told the Church in 1 Peter,

(1Peter4:12) Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trialwhich is to try you, as though some strange thing happenedunto you:
(1Peter4:13) But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ'ssufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be gladalso with exceeding joy.

TheWord of God teaches us, weather it is from man or the Spirit of God,it will bring forth a fiery trial in you life. Fear not though, ifwhat you believe is truly from the Spirit of God you will actcorrectly in this fiery trial that is brought forth to see if yourfaith is of Gold, Silver, or precious stones!
Ifwhat you believe is false doctrine, you will fail and lose thereward, it will be discovered if it was made out of wood, hay,stubble, earthen ware, if it is, then it will be burned up. You willnot lose your life, just the reward. This all happens in this life!Jesus said,

(Luke18:25) For it is easier for a camel to go through a needle's eye,than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.
(Luke18:26) And they that heard itsaid, Who then can be saved?
(Luke18:27) And he said, The things which are impossible with men arepossible with God.
(Luke18:28) Then Peter said, Lo, we have left all, and followed thee.
(Luke18:29) And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, Thereis no man that hath left house, or parents, or brethren, or wife, orchildren, for the kingdom of God's sake,
(Luke18:30) Who shall not receive manifold more inthis present time,and in the world to come life everlasting.
Tobe a follower of Christ cost everything, yet the rewards as Jesussaid will be manifold more, which means 100 times more than what weforsook. Jesus said in this life we will receive 100 times more, andin the world to come everlasting life.
Whatcould this reward be, that Jesus would gives us? I think we have theanswer here in the book of Proverbs.

(Proverbs3:12) For whom the LORD loveth he correcteth; even as a father theson in whom he delighteth.
(Proverbs3:13) Happy isthe man thatfindeth wisdom, and the man thatgetteth understanding.
(Proverbs3:14) For the merchandise of it isbetter than the merchandise of silver,and thegain thereof than fine gold.
(Proverbs3:15) She is more precious than rubies:andallthe things thou canst desire are not to be compared unto her.
(Proverbs3:16) Length of days isin her right hand; andin her left hand riches and honour.
(Proverbs3:17) Her ways areways of pleasantness, and all her paths arepeace.
(Proverbs3:18) Sheis a tree of life to them that lay hold upon her: and happy is everyone that retaineth her.

NoticeWisdom is better than gold, or silver, more precious than rubies.Every thing that you can desire can not be compared unto her.Nothing past, present orfuture will you ever get from God that is better than Wisdom. She cannot be compared to any thing! When we think of rewards, most of usthink about money, or houses, lands or anything that would set usapart from other people.
Lookat some of the results we get if we have Wisdom.

Wisdom is more gain than gold, silver, and more precious than rubies.

Wisdom makes you very happy.

You can not compare Wisdom to anything.

She (Wisdom) is a tree of life.

She (Wisdom) preserves us through trials.

She (Wisdom) guards us.

She (Wisdom) will promote you.

She (Wisdom) will give to your head a Crown of glory.

She (Wisdom) will bring you to honor.
(10) She (Wisdom) will give you long life.

(11)She (Wisdom) Are always pleasant, and peaceful.
Godis good to us, and he has given us all things richly to enjoy, yethere He says there will never be anything in this world or the nextthat can be compared unto wisdom, it is the principle thing, whichmeans the most important. I am sure through eternity we willexperience some fantastic things beyond what we can ever imagine. YetGod's wisdom is the ultimate, we will never receive anything greaterthan this. Why?
(1Corinthians1:30) It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, whohas become for us wisdom from God—that is, ourrighteousness, holiness and redemption.
Jesusis the Wisdom of God, you can not get anything better than that!

(Proverbs4:5) Get wisdom, get understanding: forget itnot; neither decline from the words of my mouth.
(Proverbs4:6) Forsakeher not, and sheshall preserve thee:love her, and she shall keep thee.
(Proverbs4:7) Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thygetting get understanding.
(Proverbs4:8) Exalt her, and she shall promote thee: she shall bring thee tohonour, when thou dost embrace her.
(Proverbs4:9) She shall give to thine head an ornament of grace: acrown of glory shall she deliver to thee.

Pro2:6 For theLORD giveth wisdom:out of his mouth comethknowledge and understanding.
Theword “giveth”, means to pay, to render, to appoint, torecompense, and to give.

Wisdom is our reward, and we get it in this life, she (wisdom) shalldeliver unto you a crown of Glory. She shall preserve you in the mistof our fiery trials, if you don't have wisdom just ask God for it andHe will give it unto you, and the wisdom he will give you will be aproven wisdom that has already been tested through the fire! Listento the words of Jesus to the Church at Laodicea,

(Revelations3:14) "To the angel of the church in Laodicea write: These arethe words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler ofGod's creation.
(Revelations3:15) I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wishyou were either one or the other!
(Rev3:16) So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I amabout to spit you out of my mouth.
(Revelations3:17) You say, 'I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.'But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blindand naked.
(Revelations3:18) I counsel you to buy from me gold refined in the fire,so you can become rich; and white clothes to wear, so you can coveryour shameful nakedness; and salve to put on your eyes, so you cansee.

Jesuswill give us gold that has already been tested in the fire. We needthe Lord for every breath we take and every beat of our hearts, weshould never come to the place where we are in no need of anything.Trusting in riches (our bank account), in our jobs, and in all thestuff we have collected through the years is a very dangerous placeto be. Trusting in the Lord is the only way to true happiness, andpeace.

(Isa26:4) Trust in the LORD forever, for the LORD, the LORD, is the Rocketernal.

(Revelation22:11) He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which isfilthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him berighteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.
(Revelation22:12) And, behold,I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man accordingas his work shall be.
(Revelation22:13) I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the firstand the last.
(Revelation22:14) Blessed arethey that do his commandments, that they may have right to the treeof life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
(Revelation22:14) ForHe that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy,let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him berighteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.
(Revelations22:15) For without aredogs, and sorcerers, and whore mongers, and murderers, and idolaters,and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

Verse12 says “I come quickly...”, the word “I come”, is alwaystranslated in the present tense. The word “quickly”, meanswithout delay. Jesus said I am coming now, and without delay! Hisreward is with Him, He is the reward! To give to every man accordingas his work shall be.
Wethink, yes this is going to happen at the very end, in eternity afterall the wicked are cast into the lake of fire. I don't think so as inverse 15 says that outside are dogs, and sorcerers, andwhoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth andmaketh a lie. It is in this life here, now that we enter into thegates of the City, and partake of the tree of life! All these otherpeople will be unable to do so unless they make Jesus Christ thereLord and Saviour.