PDA

View Full Version : What Are Our "Spiritual Eyes"? And What Are They Supposed to Behold?

Eyelog
Oct 2nd 2013, 11:50 PM
Ephesians 1
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ ... In Him 11 also we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to His purpose who works all things after the counsel of His will, 12 to the end that we who were the first to hope in Christ would be to the praise of His glory. 13 In Him, you also, after listening to the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation—having also believed, you were sealed in Him with the Holy Spirit of promise, 14 who is given as a pledge of our inheritance, with a view to the redemption of God’s own possession, to the praise of His glory.

15 For this reason I too,...16 do not cease giving thanks for you, while making mention of you in my prayers;17 that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you a spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of Him. 18I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened, so that you will know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints,19 and what is the surpassing greatness of His power toward us who believe. These are in accordance with the working of the strength of His might 20 which He brought about in Christ, when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places, 21 far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the one to come. 22 And He put all things in subjection under His feet, and gave Him as head over all things to the church, 23 which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all.

What are we to make of these things?

Curtis
Oct 3rd 2013, 03:05 AM
What are we to make of these things?

The Apostle Paul found out something that he knew he could not transfer unto man. It was something that only God him self could reveal to man. There are some things the Lord allows man to revealed and there are things the Lord has reserved for him self to reveal. One of them is revealing Jesus Christ unto the heart of man.

Col 1:26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:
Col 1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

This mystery had been kept hidden from ages, and generations, but God is now willing to manifest this mystery to his Children. It was one of God's first actions in the beginning.

2Co 4:6 For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

The purpose in the beginning of God saying, "light be" was to shine this light into our hearts. Even though we were not yet born nor were we present at that time. It makes no difference as God's Glory goes through out all ages. It purpose was so we, His Church could see the Glory of God shinning in the face of Jesus Christ.
Jesus even promised that if we would keep his Word in us, he would manifest himself to us. The only way to keep His Word in us is by understanding it. This requires Wisdom from God.
The apostle Paul knowing that only God can do this, so he prayed for the Church with out ceasing that God would give us the Spirit of Wisdom and revelation by having the eyes of our heart enlightened so we could see this hope of Glory, which is Jesus Christ. This goes along with the fact that the the Lord has already blessed us all spiritual blessing in Heavenly places Christ. He has already given unto us all things that pertain unto life and Godliness. There is nothing left for God to gives us, we already have it all. The problem is we really don't believe it We are still waiting to receive something that has already been given to us.
Not only does this scripture show us Jesus Christ Glory, but God also wants us to know what his inheritance is in the saints.....

"....and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,...."

And he also wants us to know the exceeding greatness of this power that we have living inside us....

And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,

Anybody who prays this same prayer as Paul did will change their life forever.

Eyelog
Oct 3rd 2013, 01:20 PM
The Apostle Paul found out something that he knew he could not transfer unto man. It was something that only God him self could reveal to man. There are some things the Lord allows man to revealed and there are things the Lord has reserved for him self to reveal. One of them is revealing Jesus Christ unto the heart of man.

Col 1:26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:
Col 1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

This mystery had been kept hidden from ages, and generations, but God is now willing to manifest this mystery to his Children. It was one of God's first actions in the beginning.

2Co 4:6 For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

The purpose in the beginning of God saying, "light be" was to shine this light into our hearts. Even though we were not yet born nor were we present at that time. It makes no difference as God's Glory goes through out all ages. It purpose was so we, His Church could see the Glory of God shinning in the face of Jesus Christ.
Jesus even promised that if we would keep his Word in us, he would manifest himself to us. The only way to keep His Word in us is by understanding it. This requires Wisdom from God.
The apostle Paul knowing that only God can do this, so he prayed for the Church with out ceasing that God would give us the Spirit of Wisdom and revelation by having the eyes of our heart enlightened so we could see this hope of Glory, which is Jesus Christ. This goes along with the fact that the the Lord has already blessed us all spiritual blessing in Heavenly places Christ. He has already given unto us all things that pertain unto life and Godliness. There is nothing left for God to gives us, we already have it all. The problem is we really don't believe it We are still waiting to receive something that has already been given to us.
Not only does this scripture show us Jesus Christ Glory, but God also wants us to know what his inheritance is in the saints.....

"....and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,...."

And he also wants us to know the exceeding greatness of this power that we have living inside us....

And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,

Anybody who prays this same prayer as Paul did will change their life forever.

His, Curtis. Nice exposition of the background of the subject text.

I'd like to see more on your view of what Paul meant, specifically, by the eyes of the heart. What is our heart, and does it really have eyes?

Curtis
Oct 3rd 2013, 01:57 PM
His, Curtis. Nice exposition of the background of the subject text.

I'd like to see more on your view of what Paul meant, specifically, by the eyes of the heart. What is our heart, and does it really have eyes?

Hi Eyelog, I posted many times on this forum about the rebirth human spirit having the exact same kind of senses as the physical man. I believe that man is spirit, soul, and body. His body is allows man to operated in this physical world. His spirit allows man to operate in the spiritual world, and his soul is that which he is conscience of both. Man's soul receives input from both his flesh and spirit. It is in his soul that man decides what he will think, believe, and or mode of action based on input from flesh or spirit. This is where his choices are made. The heart of man I believe in this scripture refers to his spirit. I know some places in the Bible the heart is referred to as his soul. Jesus separated soul and heart in this scripture...

Mat 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

Most Christians either don't know about these senses or don't believe they exist. I believe they do exist and exercise mine all the time. Everything I believe, and understand of the Word of God came by either one and more of these senses. I never use my physical mind to try and discover spiritual truth as that is not possible. You can try if you want, but the end result will always be in error. The purpose of light is not only to give life, but also gives us vision into God's Kingdom, and when your eyes are illuminated you see something. As Christians we live in two different worlds at the same time, the physical and the spiritual, so we need to be able to operated in both using some kind of senses that can give us input in to our souls so we can make choices. We already know how to walk according to our physical senses, that's easy. Every human being is a expert at that as long as they are not handicapped. The Church today is handicapped because they have not learned to exercise their God given abilities to walk in the Spirit.
We think that the only sense we have to commune with God is through our hearing. If we can just hear the God's voice then we would be on top of the world, and have reached the pinnacle of Christianity.
Nothing is further from the truth than that. There is much more we have than just hearing the Lord voice.

episkopos
Oct 3rd 2013, 02:10 PM
The eyes of our heart is the faculty of faith. Faith sees. We have spiritual sight receptors in our minds that see when we are walking in faith. We are much more than simply mechanical beings that operate only on the animal level. So we can walk by the faculty of faith and not just by the mechanical provision of carnal sight.

Eyelog
Oct 3rd 2013, 02:14 PM
Hi Eyelog, I posted many times on this forum about the rebirth human spirit having the exact same kind of senses as the physical man. I believe that man is spirit, soul, and body. His body is allows man to operated in this physical world. His spirit allows man to operate in the spiritual world, and his soul is that which he is conscience of both. Man's soul receives input from both his flesh and spirit. It is in his soul that man decides what he will think, believe, and or mode of action based on input from flesh or spirit. This is where his choices are made. The heart of man I believe in this scripture refers to his spirit. I know some places in the Bible the heart is referred to as his soul. Jesus separated soul and heart in this scripture...

Mat 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

Most Christians either don't know about these senses or don't believe they exist. I believe they do exist and exercise mine all the time. Everything I believe, and understand of the Word of God came by either one and more of these senses. I never use my physical mind to try and discover spiritual truth as that is not possible. You can try if you want, but the end result will always be in error. The purpose of light is not only to give life, but also gives us vision into God's Kingdom, and when your eyes are illuminated you see something. As Christians we live in two different worlds at the same time, the physical and the spiritual, so we need to be able to operated in both using some kind of senses that can give us input in to our souls so we can make choices. We already know how to walk according to our physical senses, that's easy. Every human being is a expert at that as long as they are not handicapped. The Church today is handicapped because they have not learned to exercise their God given abilities to walk in the Spirit.
We think that the only sense we have to commune with God is through our hearing. If we can just hear the God's voice then we would be on top of the world, and have reached the pinnacle of Christianity.
Nothing is further from the truth than that. There is much more we have than just hearing the Lord voice.

Fascinating and wonderful, Curtis. What to you is to see with the heart then? Can you give me an example.

In the mean time I will share that my life Psalm is #37, and I particularly like this famous passage about the heart, and how in my view it gives us some information about the eyes of our heart, with which we place our desires, expectations and hopes upon what we treasure, filling our hearts with those treasures, whether righteous or unrighteous ala :

Psalm 37:3-5

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

3 Trust in the Lord and do good;
Dwell in the land and cultivate faithfulness.
4 Delight yourself in the Lord;
And He will give you the desires of your heart.
5 Commit your way to the Lord,
Trust also in Him, and He will do it.

Mighty good stuff.

One can study the eyes and the heart:

Proverbs 23:26
Give me your heart, my son, And let your eyes delight in my ways.

Job 31:7
“If my step has turned from the way, Or my heart followed my eyes, Or if any spot has stuck to my hands,

Psalm 19:8
The precepts of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart; The commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes.

Psalm 36:1
Transgression speaks to the ungodly within his heart; There is no fear of God before his eyes.

Proverbs 21:2
Every man’s way is right in his own eyes, But the Lord weighs the hearts.

Proverbs 21:4
Haughty eyes and a proud heart, The lamp of the wicked, is sin.

On and on. : )

Curtis
Oct 3rd 2013, 05:36 PM
Fascinating and wonderful, Curtis. What to you is to see with the heart then? Can you give me an example.

In the mean time I will share that my life Psalm is #37, and I particularly like this famous passage about the heart, and how in my view it gives us some information about the eyes of our heart, with which we place our desires, expectations and hopes upon what we treasure, filling our hearts with those treasures, whether righteous or unrighteous ala :

Mighty good stuff.

One can study the eyes and the heart:
On and on. : )

What I am about to tell you is something only my family knows about, I don't go around telling this at all.
Many years ago the Lord appeared unto me in a vision. I found myself in a very large open area outside. There were no mountains. no trees, just an open flat plain. I could see the sky and the ground go to a vanishing point as far my eyes could see. What I saw there were beds, million of beds all lined up in a straight row. every where I turned all I saw were these beds. In every bed there was a person, they had their eyes closed and their hands folded on their chest. The Lord was standing next to me, and I said to the Lord, "who are these people?", The Lord said to me ,"This is my Church", I said "what are they doing?", He said "they are sleeping" Then I said, "what does this have to do with me?" The Lord said, "I want you to wake them up, they are in my Kingdom but they are asleep" When the Lord said that a scripture was quicken unto me that says....

Eph 5:13 But everything the light shines on can be seen.
Eph 5:14 Light makes everything clear. That is why it is said, "Wake up, sleeper. Rise from the dead. Then Christ will shine on you."

Then the vision was over....I thought to myself, I can't do this, I am just a baby Christian, all I know is Jesus loves me yes I know for the Bible tells me so.
I thought how does someone look another Christian in the eye and say, "wake up sleepy head" That was more than 35 years ago. Now I know how to do what the Lord has called me to do, but very few people will believe what I say. I guess it only takes a spark to get a fire going. Here on this forum I just post what the Lord wants me to say,and leave every else to the Spirit of God. Through the years the Lord has shown me many things concerning his Kingdom. This is what the Spirit of God does, he shows every thing that the Lord has prepared for us, the problem is not every body is seeing this. They only hoping to see these things someday. The Apostle John said....

1Jn 1:3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.

I have seen in God's Kingdom people, and have had fellowship with them more than I can count. It's called walking in the light as he is in the light, and having fellowship with one another.
There are things I see all the time that would very hard to describe to another person, but it is real, just as real as what I see with my physical eyes. I can not tell you the joy that this brings inside my heart. My desire is for all to experience this.

Eyelog
Oct 4th 2013, 02:14 PM
What I am about to tell you is something only my family knows about, I don't go around telling this at all.
Many years ago the Lord appeared unto me in a vision. I found myself in a very large open area outside. There were no mountains. no trees, just an open flat plain. I could see the sky and the ground go to a vanishing point as far my eyes could see. What I saw there were beds, million of beds all lined up in a straight row. every where I turned all I saw were these beds. In every bed there was a person, they had their eyes closed and their hands folded on their chest. The Lord was standing next to me, and I said to the Lord, "who are these people?", The Lord said to me ,"This is my Church", I said "what are they doing?", He said "they are sleeping" Then I said, "what does this have to do with me?" The Lord said, "I want you to wake them up, they are in my Kingdom but they are asleep" When the Lord said that a scripture was quicken unto me that says....

Eph 5:13 But everything the light shines on can be seen.
Eph 5:14 Light makes everything clear. That is why it is said, "Wake up, sleeper. Rise from the dead. Then Christ will shine on you."

Then the vision was over....I thought to myself, I can't do this, I am just a baby Christian, all I know is Jesus loves me yes I know for the Bible tells me so.
I thought how does someone look another Christian in the eye and say, "wake up sleepy head" That was more than 35 years ago. Now I know how to do what the Lord has called me to do, but very few people will believe what I say. I guess it only takes a spark to get a fire going. Here on this forum I just post what the Lord wants me to say,and leave every else to the Spirit of God. Through the years the Lord has shown me many things concerning his Kingdom. This is what the Spirit of God does, he shows every thing that the Lord has prepared for us, the problem is not every body is seeing this. They only hoping to see these things someday. The Apostle John said....

1Jn 1:3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.

I have seen in God's Kingdom people, and have had fellowship with them more than I can count. It's called walking in the light as he is in the light, and having fellowship with one another.
There are things I see all the time that would very hard to describe to another person, but it is real, just as real as what I see with my physical eyes. I can not tell you the joy that this brings inside my heart. My desire is for all to experience this.

Awesome, Curtis. Bless you for your faithfulness to the Lord after receiving your vision.

I see the eyes of the heart as something different than the visions He might give us.

I see it as more akin to your seeing many things the Spirit teaches.

One of the things He teaches is that we can know absolutely what is in our heart, as to what ought not to be, and what ought to be.

Scripture says it is very hard to know what is in even one's own heart, especially at the deepest levels. But God can show us, and if we ask Him, He does.

Also, we can learn to discern what is in our hearts.

Putting off what belongs to the old self, which is some ways and to some degrees is still ensconced in our heart, and putting on what belongs to the new self, which in some way and to some degrees is still not firmly in our heart, makes all the difference to our life in Him.