PDA

View Full Version : Is time another form of God's mercy?

Curtis
Oct 11th 2013, 06:19 AM
2Pe 3:9 The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance.

2Pe 3:14 Therefore, beloved, since you are waiting for these, be diligent to be found by him without spot or blemish, and at peace.
2Pe 3:15 And count the patience of our Lord as salvation, just as our beloved brother Paul also wrote to you according to the wisdom given him,

We can see from these two scriptures that the Lord is giving man ample time to repent and come to Jesus for salvation. We can safely say that time
it self is another form of God's mercy on the human race.

What would have happened if God created man in a world that did not have time, and then man sinned?

Curtis
Oct 12th 2013, 02:56 PM
2Pe 3:9 The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance.

2Pe 3:14 Therefore, beloved, since you are waiting for these, be diligent to be found by him without spot or blemish, and at peace.
2Pe 3:15 And count the patience of our Lord as salvation, just as our beloved brother Paul also wrote to you according to the wisdom given him,

We can see from these two scriptures that the Lord is giving man ample time to repent and come to Jesus for salvation. We can safely say that time
it self is another form of God's mercy on the human race.

What would have happened if God created man in a world that did not have time, and then man sinned?

Time being a buffer zone between man sinning, and God's final sentencing for having sinned. So, if we did not have time, God's judgement would have already come down.
What happens to a man once he has made the decision to accept Christ as his savior? Since he does not need any more time to accept God's salvation, is he still subject to time?
We know our physical bodies are always subject to time and space, but what about mans spirit?

luigi
Oct 12th 2013, 03:14 PM
If you are honest in your contriteness of spirit, the Lord gives you time to repent.
Otherwise, I see the non contrite in spirit, as having made up their minds on who their gods are (their carnal appetites), and may therefore not require further time.

Curtis
Oct 12th 2013, 03:28 PM
If you are honest in your contriteness of spirit, the Lord gives you time to repent.
Otherwise, I see the non contrite in spirit, as having made up their minds on who their gods are (their carnal appetites), and may therefore not require further time.

Of course, the Lord knows already all those who will come unto him, but those people don't know it yet.

luigi
Oct 12th 2013, 03:33 PM
Of course, the Lord knows already all those who will come unto him, but those people don't know it yet.
True that many don't know for certain if they will come to Christ, but many are also living in the hope of redemption.

ContractKeeper
Oct 12th 2013, 04:38 PM
Time being a buffer zone between man sinning, and God's final sentencing for having sinned. So, if we did not have time, God's judgement would have already come down.
What happens to a man once he has made the decision to accept Christ as his savior? Since he does not need any more time to accept God's salvation, is he still subject to time?
We know our physical bodies are always subject to time and space, but what about mans spirit?Hi Curtis, God bless ya.

I think with out a doubt that:
After or when a man or woman has accepted the opportunity to be saved, then we are subject to our restored original/unfallen position that we were originally created for, until our "time" is up on the earth or Jesus returns, which ever comes first.

Our original/unfallen position as is described in the first few chapters of Genesis.

And that original position that we were created to fill is to tend/be-husbandmen to God's creations and creatures on the earth and to live exampling His glory to those other creations and creatures on the earth too.
...And possibly even also exampling His glory to His other celestial creations too, until our "time" is up on the earth or Jesus returns, which ever comes first, amen.

God bless and have mercy on us.

Curtis
Oct 13th 2013, 05:13 AM
We know our physical bodies are always subject to time and space, but what about mans spirit?

I find this very interesting.....

Eph 2:1 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;
Eph 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

After I made a decision for Jesus, and I became born again, the time that God gave me to come unto him was fulfilled. I did not need anymore time to accept Christ, because I already did so.
Yet my physical body is still subject to time and space because it is still a part of this creation. Now the scripture tells me that, " in time past ye walked according to the course of this world
That time has past, and I am suppose to walk in a different way than as before. I use (past tense) to walk according to the "course" of this world.
The word, "course", means " Denotes duration or continuance of time, but with great variety." It does not mean time, but a continuance of time. in fact the opposite meaning is "time"
This continuance of time would be like if you took a cruse on a ship, and this ship traveled a course. It would stop at one port, and then another, and then another. In other words its course was a connected series of events. It is exactly like a "Biography of someones life". Every body born on planet earth has a biography. Their life is simply a connected series of events from their birth right up to their death. We are not suppose to walk this way anymore, we use to, because we had no choice. Now that our hearts have been circumcised in putting off the sins of the body of the flesh we have been set free to go anywhere we want within God Heavenly Kingdom. His Kingdom has no time there, there is no connected series of events because there is no time. When the Bible says come boldly to the throne of grace, this place is not found anywhere on earth. It is not of this world. Your flesh can not go there but you can any time your heart so desires. This is were the fun begins!!!