PDA

View Full Version : The Gifts of God Are Free?

SecondGenesis
Oct 15th 2013, 11:20 PM
It is written, For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required Nothing that God gives you is... FREE... from responsibility. Not salvation. Not grace. Not love. Not even mercy. NOTHING IS FREE from required performance expectations.

ChangedByHim
Oct 16th 2013, 12:20 AM
I guess that God shouldn't have used the word "free" in the Bible then.

Eyelog
Oct 17th 2013, 01:12 AM
It is written, For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required Nothing that God gives you is... FREE... from responsibility. Not salvation. Not grace. Not love. Not even mercy. NOTHING IS FREE from required performance expectations.

You got that right, SecondGenesis.

Curtis
Oct 17th 2013, 01:27 AM

To us it is free, but it did cost the Lord for what we have. We do have to act on our faith to receive them though. I know the more the Lord reveals unto me in His Word the more I am required to do and share them with others. If a man will not work neither shall he eat. Since I like to eat I will continue working. :)

2Th 3:10 For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat.

This should be engraved over the Welfare department building.

Brother Paul
Oct 19th 2013, 04:01 AM
My favorite is that the gifts and callings are irrevocable...once He gives there are no take backs...

Grace Alone
Oct 24th 2013, 10:34 AM
The Word of God (Gospel) is free, so is salvation for us. It is free, but not cheap, as Jesus payed the ultimate price for it.

Mat 10:8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.

Boo
Oct 25th 2013, 09:47 AM
The Word of God (Gospel) is free, so is salvation for us. It is free, but not cheap, as Jesus payed the ultimate price for it.

Mat 10:8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.

It is free to receive as long as we realize that this faith and believe is received by our total commitment to follow the teachings of Jesus. We don't pay a penny for it, but we surrender our lives to God. Since I see that as a benefit as well, I don't see that it costs much at all.

However, it appears that there are those in this world that want the gift of salvation without the surrendering of their lives to God's work. To them, it is not "free."

I guess it depends on how one views the results of true faith and belief.

Grace Alone
Oct 25th 2013, 09:49 AM
It is free to receive as long as we realize that this faith and believe is received by our total commitment to follow the teachings of Jesus. We don't pay a penny for it, but we surrender our lives to God. Since I see that as a benefit as well, I don't see that it costs much at all.

However, it appears that there are those in this world that want the gift of salvation without the surrendering of their lives to God's work. To them, it is not "free."

Amen. Very valid statements you make.

Aviyah
Oct 26th 2013, 02:42 AM
NOTHING IS FREE
You received without paying; give without pay. (Mt. 10:8)

sooninzion
Oct 26th 2013, 04:03 AM
To us it is free, but it did cost the Lord for what we have. We do have to act on our faith to receive them though. I know the more the Lord reveals unto me in His Word the more I am required to do and share them with others. If a man will not work neither shall he eat. Since I like to eat I will continue working. :)

2Th 3:10 For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat.

This should be engraved over the Welfare department building.

I like your statement "Since I like to eat, I will continue working". But my humble submission to people in you boat is this: Please do not summarize the Scriptures and the POWER OF GOD into this one statement. "My stomach is my driver"

Remember

"Man shall not live on bread alone"....

"Do not work for food that spoils"....

"Do not worry about what you will eat or drink"

"Come to me, those who are weary and burdened'..

"Look at the birds of the air.."

Here what I want to bring to your notice is that; your appetite may not be the same as for a person who is called to follow the commandments and obey them even literally. While people of the world crave for food to satisfy their physical hunger; the men led by the Spirit crave for spiritual food, more knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of heaven, more REVELATIONS, wisdom, understanding and they look for visions, prophecy and visitations of ANGELS.

So what if they nibble a few 'free' bites of food when they are hungry. Don't you fiddle through the Bible looking for what suits you the best?

Adam was free to eat from any tree in the Garden! 600,000 men and their families ate free MANNA and QUAIL for forty years! Elijah ate only that was given free to him and then he was no more (WOW!!! GOD TOOK HIM AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)...

While you eat and be merry.. Do you also go looking for the children of God who are hungry, persecuted for (the Lord's) righteousness? Do you show mercy to the poor prophets of God who have nothing here except "their Lord as SHIELD AND REWARD"

Greater is he who is worthy of free meals!!! is my take from the Bible.

Therefore again my point is this... First understand each one's calls / Gifts and then discern for higher or greater gifts. Distinguish between people of God and then attribute Scriptures. If The Levitical priesthood commanded and demanded the priests live on providences; Then Jesus demanded that his disciples must not shy away from from facing any kind of trials / persecutions / poverty.....

If human labour is the most virtuous thing; then why would the Lord say? "Nations' labour is in vain..." Why would the Lord destroy what man has laboured to build? Why doesn't the Lord live in Temples built by human hands?

Why will the Lord 'CURSE' Adam and send him to toil the ground? Why does he turn labouring people into "RESTLESS WANDERERS"? Why famine? Why pestilences? Why is the Sun so hot above the farmers' heads?

Come to NEW EARTH; I will show you what 'work' is all about (how pleasant!). Come to 'NEW JERUSALEM' I will show you the dignity of people under providence.

shepherdsword
Oct 26th 2013, 03:27 PM

Amen brother...it wasn't free for Jesus. He first emptied himself of divine power and became a man in the flesh. Then as a man he poured out his entire life. Doesn't He expect the same of us when He says "follow me"? It cost Stephen his life. It cost Peter his life. It has cost countless others their lives as well. It's something to consider when seeing the gospel through our free McDonald's happy meal mentality.

Eyelog
Oct 26th 2013, 11:12 PM
It cost Stephen his life. It cost Peter his life. It has cost countless others their lives as well. It's something to consider when seeing the gospel through our free McDonald's happy meal mentality.

Happy meals for a carload of kids aren't so cheap, either. ... Still hardly worth comparing, though ... : )