PDA

View Full Version : Phillip 1:7-8

clarkthompson
Oct 20th 2013, 06:26 PM
Philippians 1:7-8King James Version (KJV)

7 Even as it is meet for me to think this of you all, because I have you in my heart; inasmuch as both in my bonds, and in the defence and confirmation of the gospel, ye all are partakers of my grace.
8 For God is my record, how greatly I long after you all in the bowels of Jesus Christ.

Philippians 1:7-8Young's Literal Translation (YLT)

7 according as it is righteous for me to think this in behalf of you all, because of my having you in the heart, both in my bonds, and [in] the defence and confirmation of the good news, all of you being fellow-partakers with me of grace.
8 For God is my witness, how I long for you all in the bowels of Jesus Christ,

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

7 We should never be full of judgment for those who are newto the faith, they like us have Christ blood over their sins if they are trulyHis and if the are not His they are deceived and need even more prayers than ifthey were just new believers. Paul was proud of this church. Paul knew by theway they were and by the works and effort they were giving that the Lord woulddo great things with them. There are people who we can see that if they givetheir all to Jesus and come to Him that they will be great use for the Lord. Thereare believers if they just could commit they would be good use but they aredoing more things than they could handle at one time and so none are done well.We should hold church leader and elders in our heart because while they may notalways be right they do have wisdom from their years of serving the Lord. We asbelievers all can share the gospel with others as we know why we follow Jesusas Lord. All believers have received Godís grace which gives salvation. Paul wasput in prison for his faith and many are killed and hated for their faith butall still have Jesus to lead them thru these hard times. We should stand up forthe truth as believers but we need to know it is by Godís hands that peopleaccept the truth and that the world will not live by the truth.

8 God is witness to everything. There is nothing thathappens without God knowing it and yet He still sent His Son. Paul heart wentout to this church because of their strong faith but He had other plans forPaul than to have him go there and they were in good hands.