PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite Bible translation?

Bnjmn
Nov 4th 2013, 03:22 AM
There are many different translations of The Bible.

King James
New King James
English Standard Version
New Living Translation

and so on.

What is your favorite and why?

SavedByGraceByFait
Nov 4th 2013, 03:23 AM
There are many different translations of The Bible.

King James
New King James
English Standard Version
New Living Translation

and so on.

What is your favorite and why?

King James Bible

Slug1
Nov 4th 2013, 03:30 AM
NKJV, ESV, and HCSB. The reason is because when out on the streets witnessing the Gospel to the lost, they can understand the language that is being read from the Bible.

Nick
Nov 4th 2013, 04:40 AM
I actually like the NLT the best. I started with the NLT, switched to the NIV and then to the ESV but out of all of them the NLT reads the best for me.

keck553
Nov 4th 2013, 04:42 AM
All of them, even the ones I haven't read.

Why? Because God speaks through them.

shepherdsword
Nov 4th 2013, 02:12 PM
I use the KJV out of sheer habit and the fact I have so much of this version memorized. However,I suggest the ESV for any new Christian that has not had prior bible exposure. It has a fine balance between simplicity and a scholarly approach in my opinion.

Curtis
Nov 4th 2013, 02:24 PM
KJV
ESV
NET
NIV

Boo
Nov 5th 2013, 10:04 AM
ESV for teaching. NASB for comparison.

When new Christians come to discipleship classes and they have difficulty with either of those, I give them an older NIV.

Slug1
Nov 5th 2013, 01:36 PM
When new Christians come to discipleship classes and they have difficulty with either of those, I give them an older NIV.I do the exact same thing to help them.

eyes2c
Nov 5th 2013, 02:24 PM
NKJV, NIV84, NASB, Amplified. Are all great for personal studies but I memorize verses from the NIV84 and NASB as they are easy for most to understand..