PDA

View Full Version : Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

fewarechosen
Nov 13th 2013, 07:52 PM
i see this get taken out of "context" so much these days.

people act like Christ said this to anyone who could/would hear him and anyone who believes is supposed to run around and preach the gospel. its one of those cases where people toss aside who he is talking to and who he made the statement to and why and so on.

now the scripture

Mar 16:14 Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen.
Mar 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

Christ was speaking to the apostles here, he wasnt speaking to everyone who heard him, he wasnt even speaking to his disciples, but only his CHOSEN. so remember he had lots of disciples, but not all disciples were his chosen.

so lets see some examples of Christ speaking to his chosen

Joh_15:16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

the above only spoken to his chosen - notice he chose them and ordained them, he didnt choose everyone he came in contact with, he did not even chose all his disciples, and the above is when he is speaking to only his apostles go read it all in context and see who he is talking to its his 12 that he denotes as chosen

Joh_6:70 Jesus answered them, Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil?

again he chooses 12 and is speaking to only them, judas is later replaced by another chosen one paul

Act_9:15 But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:

in all these instances and many more he marks out the 12 as his chosen and speaks to them about certain things with them that he doesnt say to a mass audience. its very important to note who Christ is talking to.

so many scriptures note the fact that Christ chose his, there were hundreds of followers of Christ hundreds of disciples, but thats not who this message was delivered to

it was delivered to the 11 - judas obviously who paul replaces later as the 12th and who Christ denotes as chosen as well.

so Christ chooses these 12(-judas +paul in time) lets em see and hear and participate in things no other disciples did and educated them himself and so on, then after Christ is on cross he appears to these same 11 and tells them to go preach gospel. these same 11 are the ones who Christ washed their feet and made clean.

now there is a far far far cry from Christ choosing someone and washing them clean and sending them out to preach the gospel, and someone who just hears of the word "Christ" and wants to run around and preach to the whole world never having been chosen or washed clean or sent to preach gospel.

the apostles all taught scriptural things that agreed with eachother, they werent divided in teachings, their messages dont conflict, you know why ? cause Christ chose them and washed them and sent them out to preach.

you know why the messages of churches now are all conflicting and in error and there are divisions and denominations, because they werent chosen they werent washed and they werent sent to preach, but they sure think they were.

so now to put it in context as many of you like to say, that message to preach the gospel was given to his chosen, that message wasnt for all his disciples it was for the chosen and is reflected in the fact that it was only his Chosen he was talking to at the time when he said this message.

what happens these days is most people want to say hey that message is for everyone, "it doesnt matter if you dont have a clue what you are talking about and will look like a fool spreading an incoherent and wrong message and make christianity look divided and in error, just go out there and preach things you arent even educated about, thats what mark 16;15 is all about"

hope some can see the difference between an apostle who was chosen/ordained by Christ and sent to preach and some dude who just decided he "believes" in Christ and whos gonna go preach around a message he just recently started reading and doesnt even grasp the basics of upon any light line of questioning.

its like yayyy we are all preachers look he sent me and you and even though we have conflicting ideas and the apostles didnt we are all good yayyy lets preach stuff we know nothing about, dont worry if we will drive people away because of our ignorant and conflicting preaching, thats exactly what God wants

thats why there are so many foolish doctrines and denominations these days, because people who werent chosen and sent to preach think they have been.

Mar_3:14 And he ordained twelve, that they should be with him, and that he might send them forth to preach,

he ordained and sent 12 to preach not everyone who simply hears his name and wants to preach about it, but thats what people have turned it into these days. sadly most will never see the difference.

TBM 11
Nov 13th 2013, 08:04 PM

people act like Christ said this to anyone who could/would hear him and anyone who believes is supposed to run around and preach the gospel. its one of those cases where people toss aside who he is talking to and who he made the statement to and why and so on.

now the scripture

Mar 16:14 Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen.
Mar 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

Christ was speaking to the apostles here, he wasnt speaking to everyone who heard him, he wasnt even speaking to his disciples, but only his CHOSEN. so remember he had lots of disciples, but not all disciples were his chosen.

Joh_15:16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

the above only spoken to his chosen - notice he chose them and ordained them, he didnt choose everyone he came in contact with, he did not even chose all his disciples, and the above is when he is speaking to only his apostles go read it all in context and see who he is talking to its his 12 that he denotes as chosen

Joh_6:70 Jesus answered them, Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil?

again he chooses 12 and is speaking to only them, judas is later replaced by another chosen one paul

Act_9:15 But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:

in all these instances and many more he marks out the 12 as his chosen and speaks to them about certain things with them that he doesnt say to a mass audience. its very important to note who Christ is talking to.

so many scriptures note the fact that Christ chose his, there were hundreds of followers of Christ hundreds of disciples, but thats not who this message was delivered to

it was delivered to the 11 - judas obviously who paul replaces later as the 12th and who Christ denotes as chosen as well.

so Christ chooses these 12(-judas +paul in time) lets em see and hear and participate in things no other disciples did and educated them himself and so on, then after Christ is on cross he appears to these same 11 and tells them to go preach gospel. these same 11 are the ones who Christ washed their feet and made clean.

now there is a far far far cry from Christ choosing someone and washing them clean and sending them out to preach the gospel, and someone who just hears of the word "Christ" and wants to run around and preach to the whole world never having been chosen or washed clean or sent to preach gospel.

the apostles all taught scriptural things that agreed with eachother, they werent divided in teachings, their messages dont conflict, you know why ? cause Christ chose them and washed them and sent them out to preach.

you know why the messages of churches now are all conflicting and in error and there are divisions and denominations, because they werent chosen they werent washed and they werent sent to preach, but they sure think they were.

so now to put it in context as many of you like to say, that message to preach the gospel was given to his chosen, that message wasnt for all his disciples it was for the chosen and is reflected in the fact that it was only his Chosen he was talking to at the time when he said this message.

what happens these days is most people want to say hey that message is for everyone, "it doesnt matter if you dont have a clue what you are talking about and will look like a fool spreading an incoherent and wrong message and make christianity look divided and in error, just go out there and preach things you arent even educated about, thats what mark 16;15 is all about"

hope some can see the difference between an apostle who was chosen/ordained by Christ and sent to preach and some dude who just decided he "believes" in Christ and whos gonna go preach around a message he just recently started reading and doesnt even grasp the basics of upon any light line of questioning.

its like yayyy we are all preachers look he sent me and you and even though we have conflicting ideas and the apostles didnt we are all good yayyy lets preach stuff we know nothing about, dont worry if we will drive people away because of our ignorant and conflicting preaching, thats exactly what God wants

thats why there are so many foolish doctrines and denominations these days, because people who werent chosen and sent to preach think they have been.

Mar_3:14 And he ordained twelve, that they should be with him, and that he might send them forth to preach,

he ordained and sent 12 to preach not everyone who simply hears his name and wants to preach about it, but thats what people have turned it into these days. sadly most will never see the difference.

By your theory we should have no preachers and teachers today.

1 Corinthians 11:1 Imitate me, just as I also imitate Christ.

Aviyah
Nov 13th 2013, 08:10 PM
Declare his glory among the nations, his marvelous works among all the peoples! (Ps. 96:3)

Psalms wasn't written to just the 12 disciples.

fewarechosen
Nov 13th 2013, 08:12 PM

nope ,didnt say that at all and its misrepresenting what im saying.

Christ chose paul after he ascended, God can chose and ordain someone whenever he wants, so we would still have preachers and teachers today, there is no conflict.

yes imitate him, get chosen get ordained get sent to preach - nothing in that scripture refutes anything i said

fewarechosen
Nov 13th 2013, 08:21 PM
Declare his glory among the nations, his marvelous works among all the peoples! (Ps. 96:3)

Psalms wasn't written to just the 12 disciples.

no it wasnt, go declare his glory and marvelous works all you want, but if one goes preaching i suggest they be ordained by Christ like the other preachers he sent were, but hey we are all free to see what we see in scripture and we all will be held accountable for every word.

TBM 11
Nov 13th 2013, 08:28 PM
I'm sorry, but you are confused if you think we are not suppose to spread the word of God. You don't have to be ordained for that.

fewarechosen
Nov 13th 2013, 08:44 PM
I'm sorry, but you are confused if you think we are not suppose to spread the word of God. You don't have to be ordained for that.

are you denoting "spread the word of God" around to mean preaching ? if you are then yes one must be ordained to do that, you dont just go ordain yourself, even though that is very popular these days, heck you can get an online degree as a preacher these days lol

1Co_9:14 Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel.

1Ti_2:7 Whereunto I am ordained a preacher, and an apostle, (I speak the truth in Christ, and lie not a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and verity.

mark 16:15 talks about preaching, not about whatever you are calling "spread the word of God" and to preach yes one must be ordained

LandShark
Nov 13th 2013, 08:45 PM

Exactly... he was speaking to them... but they went out and replicated themselves. Paul said "follow me as I follow him," it is strangely similar to network marketing where you start off with just a few and they also go and and get a few each, eventually there are millions in the "downline" because each went and made disciples when given the opportunity. If the call was ONLY TO THEM, then the gospel never made it beyond Europe and North Africa because they died before it got beyond that. Obviously others had to come along and pick up where they left off taking if further!

episkopos
Nov 13th 2013, 08:48 PM

Not ordained by men...but indeed by God. We are to be empowered by the Spirit before going public. Otherwise we are just presenting human understanding...

episkopos
Nov 13th 2013, 08:50 PM

now the scripture

The gospel has suffered tremendously at the hands of half baked ministers that preach a non-ordained message of human understanding.

Aviyah
Nov 13th 2013, 09:00 PM
no it wasnt, go declare his glory and marvelous works all you want, but if one goes preaching i suggest they be ordained by Christ like the other preachers he sent were, but hey we are all free to see what we see in scripture and we all will be held accountable for every word.

I don't understand the difference between spreading the gospel and preaching.

episkopos
Nov 13th 2013, 09:38 PM
I don't understand the difference between spreading the gospel and preaching.

Both are to be done in the power of the Spirit. Of course anyone can testify to what the Lord is doing in their lives....

Pbminimum
Nov 13th 2013, 10:23 PM
Both are to be done in the power of the Spirit. Of course anyone can testify to what the Lord is doing in their lives....

Indeed. Far too many people excuse their disobedience to the Great Commission by remaining silent HERE. The concept of GOING beyond their own Jerusalem is so far fetched they can't even begin to understand it. Not speaking to you o.p. , just an observatin I've noticed for years.
This is what I know , because I've witnessed it firsthand for a long, long time. If someone wants to share the Gospel with someone and lead them into a relationship with God (through the Holy Spirit of course) they will. That's what happens when we share the Gospel. There is power in the Gospel, but far too many "Christians" feel that this Great Commission does not apply to them.