ross3421
Nov 19th 2013, 10:09 AM

Thomas Forward
Nov 19th 2013, 05:20 PM
Ross, will Jesus marry a city? Really??

Blessings to you.

keck553
Nov 19th 2013, 06:20 PM
In that same vein, I don't think Jesus was talking about a city when He said this -

"O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the city that kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to it! How often would I have gathered your children together as a hen gathers her brood under her wings, and you would not!"

ross3421
Nov 19th 2013, 08:51 PM

Thomas Forward
Nov 19th 2013, 09:36 PM
Will Jesus marry a multitude of people, male and female?

Jesus will marry a city, a city which is called a woman. Hence he will marry a woman. Scriptures state Jerusalem a city as a woman and even a whore. This city also even gives birth...the children of this woman is the church.

IS 66
6 A voice of noise from the city, a voice from the temple, a voice of the Lord that rendereth recompence to his enemies.
7 Before she travailed, she brought forth; before her pain came, she was delivered of a man child.
8 Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? or shall a nation be born at once? for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children.
9 Shall I bring to the birth, and not cause to bring forth? saith the Lord: shall I cause to bring forth, and shut the womb? saith thy God.
10 Rejoice ye with Jerusalem, and be glad with her, all ye that love her: rejoice for joy with her, all ye that mourn for her:
11 That ye may suck, and be satisfied with the breasts of her consolations; that ye may milk out, and be delighted with the abundance of her glory.
12 For thus saith the Lord, Behold, I will extend peace to her like a river, and the glory of the Gentiles like a flowing stream: then shall ye suck, ye shall be borne upon her sides, and be dandled upon her knees.
13 As one whom his mother comforteth, so will I comfort you; and ye shall be comforted in Jerusalem.

Galatians 4:26
But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

And again. Jesus is going to marry a city? With bricks and mortar? With golden streets and pearly gates? I get that you can't see that the Church is the bride collectively and that the husband is the head over the wife just as Jesus is the head over the Church, but to suggest the alternate is Jesus marrying a city and a real physical construction of a city at that, is really missing the entire point.

Blessings to you, Ross.

keck553
Nov 19th 2013, 10:00 PM
Will Jesus marry a multitude of people, male and female?

Jesus will marry a city, a city which is called a woman. Hence he will marry a woman. Scriptures state Jerusalem a city as a woman and even a whore. This city also even gives birth...the children of this woman is the church.

IS 66
6 A voice of noise from the city, a voice from the temple, a voice of the Lord that rendereth recompence to his enemies.
7 Before she travailed, she brought forth; before her pain came, she was delivered of a man child.
8 Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? or shall a nation be born at once? for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children.
9 Shall I bring to the birth, and not cause to bring forth? saith the Lord: shall I cause to bring forth, and shut the womb? saith thy God.
10 Rejoice ye with Jerusalem, and be glad with her, all ye that love her: rejoice for joy with her, all ye that mourn for her:
11 That ye may suck, and be satisfied with the breasts of her consolations; that ye may milk out, and be delighted with the abundance of her glory.
12 For thus saith the Lord, Behold, I will extend peace to her like a river, and the glory of the Gentiles like a flowing stream: then shall ye suck, ye shall be borne upon her sides, and be dandled upon her knees.
13 As one whom his mother comforteth, so will I comfort you; and ye shall be comforted in Jerusalem.

Galatians 4:26
But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

The bride of Christ is singlular because we are "echad," just as Jesus is "echad" with the Father, and does not negate Deuteronomy 6:4. It is an important concept because if we can understand the "oneness" of Christ and His bride (us) we can then understand the complex unity of "Elohim (plural)."

John 3:16 says "For God so loved the world...." Does that mean Jesus came to redeem the forests, rocks and the ocean?

ross3421
Nov 20th 2013, 02:22 AM

Thomas Forward
Nov 20th 2013, 05:08 AM
I understand that the church is within the city but collectively the city and the church are not the bride. The church are the friends of the bridegroom.

It is clear that the city is a woman so figuritively that is the bride alone. I know we have been taught to believe the church is the bride however it is just not the case.

If the church is the bride then who are the friends of the bridegroom which are called to the wedding?

Ah. I see as the parable says, all those to whom the invitation went out. Starting with the lost sheep of Israel and then including the rest of the world who failed to respond as those who rejected the invitation in the parable. As John says, He came to His own and His own rejected Him for the most part. For the Jewish custom the friends of the groom initially would be His countrymen who later rejected the invitation.

Blessings, Ross.

ross3421
Nov 21st 2013, 01:37 AM

ross3421
Nov 21st 2013, 03:52 AM