PDA

View Full Version : Love you neighbor as yourself, in Biblefoums was closed and I do not know why, do you

4crunburg
Nov 19th 2013, 11:42 PM
I know a lot about the New Testament, especially about Jesus’ time on earth but I never read it word for word from the beginning to end as I have read the Old Testament. One does not preclude or dismiss the other; they are Complimentary to each other. Did you know that the term “stranger” is used 128 times in the Old Testament? There is a web site that covers this period. I found it telling indeed. And I do believe Jesus was trying to say the same thing. Check out
p.s ok I think it is time I read the New as well and while I do tell me what you think the Lord was saying when in used the term “Stranger” 128 times?

4crunburg
Nov 19th 2013, 11:44 PM
Let me be the first, I wish you and yours a great day today and beyond

keck553
Nov 20th 2013, 12:11 AM
It's as simple as respecting the rules here and the authority of the moderators.

4crunburg
Nov 20th 2013, 01:09 AM
It's as simple as respecting the rules.

I must have missed something? I did not read a post in that forum that violated any rules here.

and the authority of the moderators.

This is a private talk board and the owners have a right to delete or suspend discussions or posts. No complaint here. I am just thankful that I can still post a comment should I choose to. As a bystander I must ask, do posters have any rights at all-?

4crunburg
Nov 20th 2013, 01:12 AM
just kidding (:-

4crunburg
Nov 20th 2013, 01:27 AM
I found the link interesting when it talked about the Lord saying He would gather them from all the Nations and bring them to their true home. The establishment of the USA fits right in.

And here today there are over 6 million US citizens who have Israelite ancestry.

The gathering did indeed take place right here in the USA where they are among the 323 million of the rest of us living together, side by side in peace. Setting aside a few strays here and there. The world is unfolding as it should.

4crunburg
Nov 20th 2013, 01:34 AM
My above post was not argumentative and there for does not create a discussion, I am just talking to myself. To facilitate discussion what am I allowed to post?

4crunburg
Nov 20th 2013, 01:36 AM
Did you know that the term “stranger” is used 128 times in the Old Testament?

a yes or no is a start

4crunburg
Nov 20th 2013, 01:53 AM
There is one thing I have not researched yet but that is the number of times the term “hate” appears in scripture.

I cannot envision God hating anything or anyone. It would be a term that does not exist. Hate in the real world does not exist and if we stop printing this word, using this word in conversation it will fade away and there will be no more hate

Do you agree or just hate talking to strangers?

On a side note the Federal Government has borrowed over $2 trillion dollars from the Social Security Trust fund. What congress wants to do right now is lower the interest the SSTF is charging for the loaned money.

Still even today the SSA is bringing in more cash that it pays out. It is one of the most successful programs out of Congress.

even so I thing it is a decission that the Citizens of the US should decide not just the Republicon's

Brother Paul
Nov 20th 2013, 02:04 AM
Try to stop talking and diverting the point (if there really is one) and perhaps in due time you will reap based on what you have sown...now in one statement, what is it you are asking here or stating that can be discussed...

WHenever a person is consistently doing exactly what they are accusing others of doing that they declare as wrong, inappropriate, or not fair...it seems to be a form of hypocrisy...also your posts in the other thread were just one provocation after another with no examples to demonstrate what you claim (which it seems only you were doing)...

So ask a question or make a statement you would like to discuss about the BIBLE (since this section is called Bible Chat)...or are you working for the accuser of the brethren?

tell me what you think the Lord was saying when in used the term “Stranger” 128 times?

How many times something is said or used is not that important...a stranger is typically someone you do not know but in the OT the Hebrew uses a few different terms each qualified by the context. Thus when He used in one place He was not making the same point as when used in a different place. Finally, when the scriptures are a translation of a translation and not in their cultural context whatsoever, the translational word choice can change meanings for the reader of the final receiving culture than it did for the hearer reader from the original culture. I hope this helped...

4crunburg
Nov 20th 2013, 02:38 AM
what is it you are asking here or stating that can be discussed..[/COLOR]

I believe that what I am trying to create is a discussion about a singularity that exist in the whole bible, not just the Old or New.

your posts in the other thread were just one provocation after another.[/COLOR]

Now we are getting somewhere, please cut and past one of these provocations and then we have a discussion. Honestly I am tired of talking to myself

with no examples to demonstrate what you claim (which it seems only you were doing)..[/COLOR]

I am really confused the thread has lots of examples. It is not that there were no examples but rather you “hated” the examples presented. Isn’t that it?

BrianW
Nov 20th 2013, 02:45 AM
I have a few points to make.

First of all basic forum etiquette is that when a post is closed you contact a moderator to request an answer why. You do not start another post about it. That is just a guarantee that the post will be closed. You can do that ( ask those kinds of questions ) in our chat to moderators section here:

http://bibleforums.org/forumdisplay.php/84-Chat-to-the-moderators

Secondly you should really read over our board rules and code of conduct that can be found here:

http://bibleforums.org/forumdisplay.php/32-Board-Rules

Third and final point. This is the second thread that you've started with that website as it's core. ( I don't care what you titled the thread. We know the reason you started this)
If you want to actually have discussion and edify and be edified here that's great. If you just want to promote that site then buy advertising just like everyone else is required to do.

Thread closed and links removed. Do not start another thread on the regular board about either subject.