PDA

View Full Version : Phill 1:12-14

clarkthompson
Dec 15th 2013, 12:58 AM
Philippians 1:12-14King James Version (KJV)

12 But I would ye should understand, brethren, that the things which happened unto me have fallen out rather unto the furtherance of the gospel;
13 So that my bonds in Christ are manifest in all the palace, and in all other places;
14 And many of the brethren in the Lord, waxing confident by my bonds, are much more bold to speak the word without fear.

Philippians 1:12-14Young's Literal Translation (YLT)

12 And I wish you to know, brethren, that the things concerning me, rather to an advancement of the good news have come,
13 so that my bonds have become manifest in Christ in the whole praetorium, and to the other places -- all,
14 and the greater part of the brethren in the Lord, having confidence by my bonds, are more abundantly bold -- fearlessly to speak the word.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

12 This letter is written to the believers. The world cannot live up to the word; it has to be done thru Him. God will use our bad timesto allow us to help others and lead them to the Lord. In our weaknesses Hestays strong. We should spread the gospel and share what the Lord has done forus. We all have a story of where the Lord brought us and it should be shared.

13 What we do should be known by those around us becauseothers talk about us. They may not know us but should have heard how we livefor the Lord if we become known. We should not look for fame of ourselves butcontinue in going fame for the Lord. To be well known for serving the Lord canbe good as long as we remain humble, we can use the opportunity of being knownto win people to the Lord, that we would not be able to if we were not known. Paulis able to go to Romebecause of his citizenship. Paul became well known but did not let it effectHim but allow it to used for His purpose.

14 Because of what Paul have gone thru and how he remainedstrong allow others to be motivated to do the same as Paul and because of himthey went out and preach the word just as bold as he did. Our following theLord can lead others to be just as strong in faith and following the Lord.