PDA

View Full Version : Please Help WORDPRESS

glujf
Mar 25th 2014, 11:36 PM
SOLVED!!!!:B PLEASE HELP!!!!!!! I am new to using webnet77 hosting and I have the web starter package and i am needing to upload wordpress so that i can use it. i am not a expert on this but i do know a little from teaching myself. i have a backup from my site so that i can upload it however i need to know how to install wordpress. i f this does not get resolved i am about to drop service and go back to a secular hosting company and really do not want too. :mad::mad-new::B:giveup::dunno:

tjplaw
Mar 27th 2014, 02:31 AM
There are much better web hosts than webnet77.

According to their website they don't offer a database which Wordpress will need.

I would dump them.

I use Stablehost, you should check them out.

Sam Graf
Mar 27th 2014, 03:08 AM
i f this does not get resolved i am about to drop service and go back to a secular hosting company and really do not want too.
The starter plan can't take you where you want to go. As tjplaw said, you need database (MySQL) support, something not provided by the starter package. Webnet77 does offer hosting plans that include MySQL support.

Regardless of where you host, to get more help you'll want to be a little more specific about the backup you have. To rebuild a running WordPress installation from a backup you'll need to have a backup of both WordPress itself (the software) and the database that contains your content.

bdh
Mar 27th 2014, 07:05 AM
PLEASE HELP!!!!!!! I am new to using webnet77 hosting and I have the web starter package and i am needing to upload wordpress so that i can use it. i am not a expert on this but i do know a little from teaching myself. i have a backup from my site so that i can upload it however i need to know how to install wordpress. i f this does not get resolved i am about to drop service and go back to a secular hosting company and really do not want too.

Sorry you waited so long for me to get to this but the forums are for community help and I have been really sick for a long time.

You write in your last ticket:

I AM DONE WITH THIS HOSTING COMPANY. I CANNOT FIGURE OUT HOW TO INSTALL WORDPRESS ON THE SITE AND THERE ARE NO CLEAR INSTRUCTIONS....
I HAVE EMAILED YOU GUYS SEVERAL TIMES AND I HAVE NOT GOTTEN ANY RESPONSE.

It seems you are not receiving the replies to your Yahoo address. Which I don't understand. Please check your spam/junk folder. I have personally responded to all of your tickets. A total of 8 tickets and 16 responses.

Here are the ticket numbers:

683541, 233104, 255661, 655084, 406893, 950691, 649605, 512216. Go here https://webnet77.net/ticket/view.php and enter any one of these numbers and your email address.

Additionally, as Sam Graf pointed out above, the WebStarter does not have MySQL. I upgraded you to the WebBuilder (we have not charged you)

Specifically, your question about how to install Wordpress:

1. Login to cPanel
2. in the box, top and left, type softaculous
4. Once in Softaculous you will find wordpress listed under "CMS"

Whole procedure should not take more than 60 seconds.

Caution - The admin username and password you choose cannot be recovered if you loose it so make sure you make a copy of the last page where Softaculous gives you all that info and keep it somewhere safe.

Sam Graf
Mar 27th 2014, 04:28 PM
Specifically, your question about how to install Wordpress:

That is the way to go if there is no prior WordPress installation that is part of the website backup mentioned at the top. That's unclear to me (maybe I'm reading it wrong).

...I have been really sick for a long time.

I know you've been through some medical challenges but I'm sorry to hear that there's persistent stuff going on. For what (little) it's worth, I'd be glad to help out if there's some way I can.

bdh
Mar 27th 2014, 07:55 PM
I know you've been through some medical challenges but I'm sorry to hear that there's persistent stuff going on. For what (little) it's worth, I'd be glad to help out if there's some way I can.

Not little Brother... MUCH. Simply your **words** facilitate healing.

(Jn 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God)

bdh
Mar 27th 2014, 08:33 PM
>I cannot find a video on how to log in the site

....most likely because you did not receive the initial welcome email. That explains much ... No link, no username, no password .... I'd be frustrated too!

Just sent that to you again to gl*******@yahoo.com - Most likely in your SPAM folder. Check it out to see if you find it. If you do, I believe YAHOO has an option to "white-list this sender"

glujf
Mar 28th 2014, 02:22 PM
thank you all for the replies. BDH has helped me and i at this point will not leave the hosting company i am with. they have helped me so much get where i need to get going. webnet77 is one of the MOST UNDERSTANDING companies i have worked with in the past 4 years .

and bdh i hope you get to feeling better. thanks for your help in this matter.

bdh
Mar 28th 2014, 04:43 PM
You are most welcome. Glad we got the kinks out of our communications :)