PDA

View Full Version : The blessed Hope of the USA

mfowler12
Nov 5th 2008, 05:17 PM
What proof is there that God continues to punish entire nations?

Didn't God stop punishing nations for their evil doing once Christ came and fulfilled the law?

Why is God going to punish the USA for just Obama's opinion on abortion? Doesn't God place people in positions of authority and aren't we told to obey that authority?

karenoka27
Nov 5th 2008, 05:27 PM
Persecution is going on all over the world. If we as Americans come under persecution then what would make us different than the rest? We have enjoyed for so long the blessings God has bestowed on us and we have become comfortable. I'm not saying don't pray, believe me I am.
Persecution does not mean the end is here. It means we need to stand up and speak the name of Jesus Christ as Lord boldly.

thepenitent
Nov 5th 2008, 07:47 PM
What proof is there that God continues to punish entire nations?

Didn't God stop punishing nations for their evil doing once Christ came and fulfilled the law?

Why is God going to punish the USA for just Obama's opinion on abortion? Doesn't God place people in positions of authority and aren't we told to obey that authority?

What proof is there God ever stopped punishing nations or that the first advent stopped the same? The fate of Babylon in the book of Revelation would indicate the exact opposite.

Earendel
Mar 17th 2009, 03:40 AM
If it is true, that we are at the doorstep to the times of Jacob's trouble, that the Great Tribulation will soon be upon us, then we must sound the alarm to the others to get ready...because the enemy is at the gate, and the trumpet is about to sound!

Ranting
Jun 14th 2014, 12:52 AM
The Rapture is one of the most anticipated events in the history of Christianity. This is the moment near the end of history when Jesus Himself will return from Heaven in an instant. The Bible says, "in a twinkling of an eye", taking those who have put their faith in Him home, to be with him forever. This event occurs sometime around the Tribulation period, a period of great trials on earth. The Tribulation period is that period near the end of history where God Himself makes one last attempt to get the attention of those who have not put their faith in Jesus. The Tribulation occurs before God's final judgment.

The "Rapture of the Church" has it is often referred to is described by Paul in his letter to the Thessalonians. The text can be found in 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17, "For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven, with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first; then we that are alive, that are left, shall together with them be caught up in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord."

Paul also referred to the Rapture as the "Blessed Hope" for all those who believe and have accepted Jesus has their God and Savior, "...looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ

Eyelog
Apr 20th 2015, 09:02 PM
the Rapture as the "Blessed Hope" for all those who believe and have accepted Jesus has their God and Savior, "...looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ

Titus 2:13. From the way people try to make the USA safe for cultural Christianity, one might think we are not looking forward to the coming of Christ, but we think we are preparing the way for the Millennial reign.

Amos_with_goats
Apr 21st 2015, 04:56 PM
Is it a punishment, or is it rather that a nation would no longer be protected from the fate it deserves?

always
Apr 22nd 2015, 03:27 PM
Is it a punishment, or is it rather that a nation would no longer be protected from the fate it deserves?

I agree with this ....... "if my people who are called by My Name would humble themselves and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear and heal their land

ristenk
Apr 22nd 2015, 08:28 PM
I agree with this ....... "if my people who are called by My Name would humble themselves and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear and heal their land

The only hope is for mass prayer for revival coupled with evangelism among the born-again. This nation is going down and its only hope (as well as the only hope for any individual's salvation) is found alone in the gospel.

I've found this website helpful in explaining the gospel to people: www.needGod.com

mailmandan
Apr 22nd 2015, 09:02 PM
The only hope is for mass prayer for revival coupled with evangelism among the born-again. This nation is going down and its only hope (as well as the only hope for any individual's salvation) is found alone in the gospel.

I've found this website helpful in explaining the gospel to people: www.needGod.com Amen sister and thank you for the link to the website! :)