PDA

View Full Version : Intercession

alewiscii
Jan 25th 2015, 09:07 PM
Eze 22:17-31 And the word of the Lord came unto me, saying, Son of man, the house of Israel is to me become dross: all they are brass, and tin, and iron, and lead, in the midst of the furnace; they are even the dross of silver. Therefore thus saith the Lord God; Because ye are all become dross, behold, therefore I will gather you into the midst of Jerusalem. As they gather silver, and brass, and iron, and lead, and tin, into the midst of the furnace, to blow the fire upon it, to melt it; so will I gather you in mine anger and in my fury, and I will leave you there, and melt you. Yea, I will gather you, and blow upon you in the fire of my wrath, and ye shall be melted in the midst thereof. As silver is melted in the midst of the furnace, so shall ye be melted in the midst thereof; and ye shall know that I the Lord have poured out my fury upon you. And the word of the Lord came unto me, saying, Son of man, say unto her, thou art the land that is not cleansed, nor rained upon in the day of indignation. There is a conspiracy of her prophets in the midst thereof, like a roaring lion ravening the prey; they have devoured souls; they have taken the treasure and precious things; they have made her many widows in the midst thereof. Her priests have violated my law, and have profaned mine holy things: they have put no difference between the holy and profane, neither have they shewed difference between the unclean and the clean, and have hid their eyes from my sabbaths, and I am profaned among them. Her princes in the midst thereof are like wolves ravening the prey, to shed blood, and to destroy souls, to get dishonest gain. And her prophets have daubed them with untempered morter, seeing vanity, and divining lies unto them, saying, Thus saith the Lord God, when the Lord hath not spoken. The people of the land have used oppression, and exercised robbery, and have vexed the poor and needy: yea, they have oppressed the stranger wrongfully. And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none. Therefore have I poured out mine indignation upon them; I have consumed them with the fire of my wrath: their own way have I recompensed upon their heads, saith the Lord God.

This is a bleak time in the nation of Israel. They had become corrupt because they had forgotten God their Creator and Deliverer. America is well on its way to the same place. It may be that national revival never takes place for America, but the people of God can become intercessors making a difference in the lives of people they know and love. The question is will we make the sacrifice to do so. God said in Isa 59:14-16 ...judgment is turned away backward, and justice standeth afar off: for truth is fallen in the street, and equity cannot enter. Yea, truth faileth; and he that departeth from evil maketh himself a prey: and the Lord saw it, and it displeased him that there was no judgment. And he saw that there was no man, and wondered that there was no intercessor. The word intercessor means to encounter, meet, reach and entreat. It is a good definition of what we should be to those around us.

Intercessor = A person who sees the great need of someone else and willingly takes on the responsibility of helping that need to be met. Someone who steps in the middle to get involved, for the purpose of helping. An intercessor between God and man: 1. Prays to God for mercy. 2. Seeks to persuade the people to turn to God. 3. Lives a life that is an example of what God's grace can do. Our country and our families need intercessors otherwise they may face God's wrath. Let's look at the example of Israel we have here in Ezekeil chapter 22.

22:17 become dross Dross is waste matter; refuse; any worthless matter separated from the better part. This is quite a statement made by God considering Israel was a people chosen by God to manifest Himself to the world. It's what can happen when people forget God. America is well on the way to becoming dross.

22:20 blow the fire upon it When Israel became dross all that was left was the judgment of God. 2 Chron 36:15-16 ...the Lord God of their fathers sent to them by his messengers, rising up betimes, and sending; because he had compassion on his people, and on his dwelling place: But they mocked the messengers of God, and despised his words, and misused his prophets, until the wrath of the Lord arose against his people, till there was no remedy. That day is surly coming for America, but until then there is still time left to be an intercessor.

22:22 ye shall know that I the LORD have poured out my fury upon you When the judgment of God begins for His people there will be no doubt what is happening. Our time may be very limited.

22:24 Thou art the land that is not cleansed - cleansed = bright and pure. Israel had reached a place where it was no longer the light to the rest of the world it should have been. America was founded upon the principles of God and has been blessed by God, but it is no longer the light it should be in a spiritually dark world. We need intercessors!

nor rained upon in the day of indignation - Meaning that God's blessing and protection of Israel had been taken away. This is also true of America. Worldwide security for Americans is a real issue. We are being attacked here and abroad. We need intercessors!

22:25-26 There is a conspiracy of her prophets...Her priests have violated my law - The prophets and the priests would represent the modern day spiritual leaders. conspiracy = an unlawful alliance. Many have allied themselves with the devil by not staying with the truth found in God's Word. They have used religion to make a name for themselves or to fulfill their own selfish desires. They have helped to damn souls to hell by spreading false doctrine. They do not walk in the commandments of the Lord. They have polluted the holy teachings of the Bible by putting no difference between righteousness and wickedness. Their presentation of the character of God is blasphemy. We need intercessors!

22:27 Her princes - These would represent our modern day rulers and politicians. They will devour anything or anyone who stand in their way. They don't care who or what they destroy as long as they get what they want. Most career politicians think that voters are to stupid to know what's best for them. We need intercessors!

22:28 her prophets - The spiritual leaders preached lies and vanity. They caused the people to trust in things that could not save or protect them. They spoke in the name of God falsely. We need intercessors!

22:29 the people - The people of the land were selfish, would oppress anyone to get what they want, and took what didn't belong to them, especially glory and honor. They mistreated those who were in need. They oppressed and defrauded those they considered to be outsiders. People acting selfishly is a sure sign we need intercessors.

22:30 I sought for a man - God was looking for someone to become an intercessor. He wanted someone to "make up the hedge", meaning to surround with a trench or a wall for the purpose of providing protection. He wanted someone to "stand in the gap", act as an intercessor between God and the people so they will not be consumed. Example Moses: Ex 32:1-14. Example Elijah: 1 Kings 18:17-40. In both of these cases we see a man who was willing became an intercessor, helping to turn away God's wrath and bring people to God. We need some people with the humility to be a Moses and the boldness to be an Elijah if we are to see people saved in America. Our families, our friends, and our country desperately need an intercessor. Who can it be? We need someone!

but I found none - If God can find no intercessors in America then the judgment of verse 31 may come quickly. We will be consumed as a nation in God's wrath. The Devil doesn't want us to believe we can make a difference, but with God's help we certainly can. My question to you is this, will you become an intercessor for your family, will you become an intercessor for your friends, will you become an intercessor for your neighbors, will you become an intercessor for your co-workers, will you become an intercessor for your country? Will you become an intercessor or will you stand by and watch their destruction? Isaiah wrote in Isa 6:8 ..I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me. Will you become an intercessor or will you just hope someone else does?

Diggindeeper
Jan 27th 2015, 04:46 PM
Mediator Note: I have moved this to Bible Study, since it is not a Prayer request.