PDA

View Full Version : Discussion Kindness.... Kindness?

Amos_with_goats
Apr 21st 2015, 08:11 PM
One of the principal things that has come up for me in the last couple of years is the necessity of the spiritual fruit that is 'Kindness".

I believe the Lord has shown me a new power that has come up through this....

... there is no scripture in this post. I ask you to share yours. Share it, but please share how Kindness has had an impact in your life, your ministry, and in your relationship with the Lord.

Please post.

Please?

ChangedByHim
Apr 21st 2015, 08:40 PM
The Holy Spirit deals with me on this matter every day. There are so many Scriptures that deal with this, but unless we allow the Spirit of God to prune us, we will remain in pride.

As a Biblical account, I submit Isaiah chapters 5-6.

Six times in chapter 5, the prophet cried out "Woe unto them!" toward rebellious Israel.
In chapter 6, Isaiah got in the presence of God and changed his tune to "Woe is me!"

Above it stood the seraphims: each one had six wings; with twain he covered his face, and with twain he covered his feet, and with twain he did fly. And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory. And the posts of the door moved at the voice of him that cried, and the house was filled with smoke. Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the Lord of hosts. Then flew one of the seraphims unto me, having a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with the tongs from off the altar: And he laid it upon my mouth, and said, Lo, this hath touched thy lips; and thine iniquity is taken away, and thy sin purged. Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me. (Isaiah‬ 6‬:2-8‬ KJV)

It was then that Isaiah was prepared to say "Here am I send me."

ChangedByHim
Apr 22nd 2015, 01:12 AM
Nothing to debate???
No words with mill in them???

http://s81.photobucket.com/component/Download-File?file=%2Falbums%2Fj225%2FSCSnare%2Fgifs%2Fsimp sons%20gifs%2F034a68fcecc0e53e57ce2ed7afdb7efc46d. gif

:rofl:

episkopos
Apr 22nd 2015, 01:17 AM
One of the principal things that has come up for me in the last couple of years is the necessity of the spiritual fruit that is 'Kindness".

... there is no scripture in this post. I ask you to share yours. Share it, but please share how Kindness has had an impact in your life, your ministry, and in your relationship with the Lord.

Please post.

Please?

I know a brother that personifies kindness. I have learned (am learning) this aspect of maturity from him.

God gives us brothers who have different qualities. It is for our benefit to honour those brothers and seek to be inspired by their conduct. After all, it is Christ in them bringing out theses qualities. When we have brothers like these it is a source of riches to us. :)

Kindness is a fruit of maturity in the Lord.

Amos_with_goats
Apr 22nd 2015, 02:47 AM
Kindness is like a cool drink of cool water in the desert... It can make me weep to think of it..

episkopos
Apr 22nd 2015, 02:02 PM
Kindness is like a cool drink of cool water in the desert... It can make me weep to think of it..

Amen, brother! I think kindness is very linked with gentleness. And this verse is one that I meditate on quite often...

Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Phil 4:5

New Creature
Apr 22nd 2015, 03:02 PM

Please post.

Please?

Forum member, Protective Angel, exemplifies kindness and encouragement.

In the Bible Chat forum, there is a thread “Mouth, tongue, and love.” Yesterday, forum member, ChangedByHim, posted “One of my favorite verses... We actually IMPART GRACE to the hearers when we speak words of edification.” And he quoted Ephesians 4:29: “Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.”

A couple of verses later, you find your topic: “And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you” - Ephesians 4:32. Of course, that command is contrasted with the preceding verse: “Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:” - Ephesians 4:31

Malicious behavior - in contradistinction to kindness - is equated with grieving the Holy Spirit: “And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.” - Ephesians 4:30.

Remember when Elisha said, “Please let there be a double portion of your spirit on me” - 2 Kings 2:9?

Apparently, Protective Angel has a double portion of kindness and encouragement - a rare find!

LandShark
Apr 22nd 2015, 03:21 PM

Please post.

Please?

Gal 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is: love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faith, (23) meekness, self-control. Against such things there is not a law.

When messiah said we know them "by their fruit" I think he was saying that those who are his will be known to us because they will have within them the fruits of the Spirit while those who are not his will be made clear because their character attributes are not in line with his. Goodness and Kindness is listed above (by the way, either Greek word can mean kindness) is what God displayed to us when we did not deserve it. When we were in the world, living by our standards and not His... He remained patient and kind toward us, willing to extend a hand of mercy even when we did not deserve such "kindness." And as His servants, and do HIS WORK, we too, I believe, are to extend that same kindness and mercy toward others who don't yet know His love for them.

The greater impact we might not see today is that by approaching others with this attribute we not only reveal Him in us but we also show an understanding of judgement. If we will be judged as we judge others, then our judgement must be based on mercy and kindness or the judgement we receive will rightly lack mercy and kindness!

One last thought... when we were babes in our own walk, God and certain servants around us were also kind and understanding, knowing that I was not mature enough, in the Word, to make mature connections and yet He (and they) remained calm, they were good to me, kind, patient... and again, we need to reflect that same trait to those who come to us wanting to learn about Him. It simply can't work any other way!

Scooby_Snacks
Apr 22nd 2015, 03:35 PM
A story without a scripture....

Once when I was about 10, I was on beach vacation and stayed out in the sun without sunscreen. I was terribly sunburned, probably with sun poisoning because I became sick.
My mom tended to my physical ailment as best she could, and sent me to bed.

The neighbors were over for dinner, and the visiting woman from next door came into the room where I was laying, sat next to me and asked me if there was anything she could do for me.
She spent time listening to me as she asked me questions about myself.
She didn't have to say she was sorry I felt so badly, I KNEW her heart was breaking for me, and she did not even know me.
I was a lonely kid, perhaps a greater amount of pain than the sunburn was. Her service toward me in my both my physical and emotional pain were a kindness I have not forgotten all of these years. Looking back, Jesus had to have been with her.

New Creature
Apr 22nd 2015, 03:40 PM
At post #16 in the Discipleship thread on the Bible Chat forum, episkopos posted these unforgettable comments:

Discipleship involves admission into a close knit fellowship of people who love sacrificially. I think very few have had this experience in their formative years...hence the hurts and the cynicism. But WE can turn that around by being the people we were looking for...for others. We need not live in the hurts of the past. We can make sure that others don't have to experience what we have. I think that that is a first step to loving others as Jesus did. He FIRST loved us. He was abandoned by us. Yet He loved us till death. So we have the opportunity for that kind of sacrificial love. We can be the leader we are looking for.

Amos_with_goats
Apr 22nd 2015, 04:09 PM
A story without a scripture....

Once when I was about 10, I was on beach vacation and stayed out in the sun without sunscreen. I was terribly sunburned, probably with sun poisoning because I became sick.
My mom tended to my physical ailment as best she could, and sent me to bed.

The neighbors were over for dinner, and the visiting woman from next door came into the room where I was laying, sat next to me and asked me if there was anything she could do for me.
She spent time listening to me as she asked me questions about myself.
She didn't have to say she was sorry I felt so badly, I KNEW her heart was breaking for me, and she did not even know me.
I was a lonely kid, perhaps a greater amount of pain than the sunburn was. Her service toward me in my both my physical and emotional pain were a kindness I have not forgotten all of these years. Looking back, Jesus had to have been with her.

That is profoundly beautiful, thank you for sharing that.

Scooby_Snacks
Apr 22nd 2015, 04:44 PM
That is profoundly beautiful, thank you for sharing that.

:thumbsup: It is a great topic Amos because it reminds and encourages.
I have a scripture now that I think fits my story, and definition of the word kindness from Help Studies (Strongs) chréstotés

Colossians 3:12
Put on then, as God's chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience,

HELPS words studies:
5544 xrēstótēs (a noun, derived from 5543 /xrēstós, "useful, profitable") – properly, useable, i.e. well-fit for use (for what is really needed); kindness that is also serviceable.

5544 /xrēstótēs ("useful kindness") refers to meeting real needs, in God's way, in His timing (fashion).

Hence 5544 (xrēstótēs) is listed as a fruit of the Holy Spirit (Gal 5:22). With the believer, 5544 /xrēstótēs ("divine kindness") is the Spirit-produced goodness which meets the need and avoids human harshness (cruelty). "We have no term that quite carries this notion of kind and good" (WP, 1, 92).